• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAKEPAKE

A mystery of nickname "Dee Dee/Pikari" of Dawn becomes clear by Asatsuki contest.
As a result, the possibility of the appearance of Kenny of the childhood friend of Dawn has risen, too.

How does the fate of Pearlshipping become it?

Let's expect it of the activity of Ash!!

Last edited:

hopeful sleeper

carefree dreamer
I think PK made it clear, stop bringing up unconfirmed ideas.

And I'd say if Kenny was to appear in this episode we would probably know it already.

(sorry for a short post)

Anonimity

Pokemon Gamer[X/Y]
Hi there fellow pearl shippers. First of all, this is my 1st post on serebii forums. I'm a pearl shipper also. I love pearl shipping a lot <3. I've been looking on this thread everyday for many months now. I wasn't able to join earlier because of my very busy life. I only got time on reading people's replies here. I hope that I can help for I'm an active Pokemon DP watcher. I can watch episodes live in Japan every Thursday like sir PK do. I can understand many of the conversations in the show but not all for I'm still undergoing Japanese lessons since last year. And lastly and the most important that I want to tell you all, the main reason why I joined here is because I got alerted of what this basher, PAKEPAKE is saying, I was forced to join because of him to inform you about what he is saying. I want to tell you that we got a high chance of Kenny appearing in the show. I checked the main pokemon website to the anime section and I found out that there is something written "Pikari" in the summary of the upcoming opening of the contest episode. I'm telling you this not because I'm a Penguin Shipper, but because I am a Pearl Shipper and I want you, my fellow pearl shippers, to be informed.

Source[Main Pokemon Website]:
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/anime/tv/index.html

Sir PK, maybe I got mistaken so please double confirm and read the Points in the Future in the above link because I'm still not that good at reading Japanese. Thank you. >_<

Last edited:

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
Hi there fellow pearl shippers. First of all, this is my 1st post on serebii forums. I'm a pearl shipper also. I love pearl shipping a lot <3. I've been looking on this thread everyday for many months now. I wasn't able to join earlier because of my very busy life. I only got time on reading people's replies here. I hope that I can help for I'm an active Pokemon DP watcher. I can watch episodes live in Japan every Thursday like sir PK do. I can understand many of the conversations in the show but not all for I'm still undergoing Japanese lessons since last year. And lastly and the most important that I want to tell you all, the main reason why I joined here is because I got alerted of what this basher, PAKEPAKE is saying, I was forced to join because of him to inform you about what he is saying. I want to tell you that we got a high chance of Kenny appearing in the show. I checked the main pokemon website to the anime section and I found out that there is something written "Pikari" in the summary of the upcoming opening of the contest episode. I'm telling you this not because I'm a Penguin Shipper, but because I am a Pearl Shipper and I want you, my fellow pearl shippers, to be informed.

Source[Main Pokemon Website]:
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/anime/tv/index.html

Sir PK, maybe I got mistaken so please double confirm and read the Points in the Future in the above link because I'm still not that good at reading Japanese. Thank you. >_<

Ok first of all Welcome to the Pearl Thread . =D

And second I will try to help in translating that from the link =) . I kinda know how to translate and I have my cousin who knows the languague so don't doubt my translation.

Here is my translation:

Hikari is in pain because of her nick name Pikari! .

Well Ok I know I can't stop you guys for talking about Kengo now but still it doesn't mean that he will 100% appear in the episode. Maybe he can appear but in a flashback of when Pikari is explained and I think Hikari herself will explain it . So don't jump to conclusion about that he is appearing because of the preview there it doesn't state he will appear . So keep discussing about Pearlshipping guys and the Subject of Kengo ends here . I mean so What if Kengo shows up in here ? , sooner or later they are going to meet up with him anywhay and they will wrap up with his unpopular and boring character .

And before I stop here . PAKEPAKE I don't want to see you posting in here again and I mean it . You are banned from this thread and are prohibited of posting any single letter in here . I got tired of your posts and I can see clearly that you are not a Pearlshipper and just trying to troll us .

that is all no more question about PAKEPAKE ban either and I mean it .

Carry on with the discussion.................

Last edited:
*Chuckles*

Since when did the word Pikari become the sign of proof that represents Kengo's appearance?

Like WGCV23 have stated, Kengo probably will show up in the flashback, along with all the other Hikari's classmates, to witness how Hikari's nickname "Pikari" started to happen.

I actually want him to show up. I'd love to see the end of him VS Satoshi.

BTW, please allow me to post this new topic.

All of us know that the truth behind Hikari's nickname "Pikari" is something that she never wanted to reveal it to Satoshi.
Judging by the preview, it looks like Satoshi(and us) will find out what it means.
How will Hikari/Satoshi deal with it?

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
All of us know that the truth behind Hikari's nickname "Pikari" is something that she never wanted to reveal it to Satoshi.
Judging by the preview, it looks like Satoshi(and us) will find out what it means.

Maybe Satoshi will find it funny, Hikari would scold him for laughing, but she'd blush because it's a funny story and Satoshi didn't mean any harm.

Janovy

Banned
Judging by the preview, it looks like Satoshi(and us) will find out what it means. How will Hikari/Satoshi deal with it?

It depends really, we don't know how serious her fear is. I know she will faint but we first need to learn what was the reason for her fright. If the reason is silly Satoshi will probably tease her like he and Brock teased her for her 'Hikozaru haircut' (remember) xD

However if the matter is somewhat serious and the Pokemon were truly mean to her, Satoshi will probably try to comfort her and maybe even help her to overcome the fear :p

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
Weeeee

Well we all now that Satoshi was curious about it . And Judging by summary it looks like serious situation . So I think after Hikari faints Satoshi will go to her aid . Then he will be really worried for her . And he will ask what is wrong , she will explain what happened and he will notice that plusle and Minun <3 are the reasons . He will try to give her advice . In the contest Hikari will forget his advice and satoshi will be really worried and sad to see this . Hikari will remember what Satishi told her to late and I think she looses. Then Ursula comes in an insults her . But Satoshi then will come into her aid and defends her . Ursula will leave thinking she has the perfect strategy to defeat Hikari , while satoshi will say to Hikari that don't worry that she will have his full support and that he will help her on the plusle & Minun <3 situation .

Lol I know that it was kinda meh , but hey I tried my best here and the hearts after Minun well he is my fav. pokemon after all XD .

* Yay for Rank up .*

Janovy

Banned
Yes, yes, yes *hopes for a possible hint*
Maybe this picture isn't something big, but if you see it looks like Ursula is teasing Dawn judging by her face expression. And look at Ash's face, maybe he'll try to calm her down, we'll see! :D

EDIT:Picture wasn't real, sorry guys.

Last edited:

rioT6296

a girl who dreams (:

Well, (as people have stated before) it depends on how serious the story is.

If the story is just plain old funny, he [and Brock, Pikachu, and Piplup] will laugh...just like they did when Kenny told them about Dawn's embarrassing childhood stories. (I loved those parts when they laughed, it was hilarious! Pikachu and Piplup's faces looked super funny xD). And Dawn will get angry at the two boys and the two pokemon, and yell at them again.

But...if the story is something serious...and something dealing with her fear...I know Ash [and maybe Brock] will help her through it :)
Maybe...Ash will comfort her, talk with her, give her advice, and maybe even help her overcome her fear. ^^

Last edited:

foxkrystal

Badaladaladala!
Ursula's face made me laugh xD

Yep, it really does look like she's teasing Dawn again ('cause the blunette looks really annoyed/angry/irritated).
And Ash's face...priceless. He looks extremely worried about Dawn...maybe he will try to calm her down later...another Pearlshippy moment, YES! :D

Well, I'm really glad you put up this picture, ben_pokemon :)
it may not seem like much, but it just revealed more of the Asatsuki (did I spell that right?) Contest episode(s) ^^

Well, (as people have stated before) it depends on how serious the story is.

If the story is just plain old funny, he [and Brock, Pikachu, and Piplup] will laugh...just like they did when Kenny told them about Dawn's embarrassing childhood stories. (I loved those parts when they laughed, it was hilarious! Pikachu and Piplup's faces looked super funny xD). And Dawn will get angry at the two boys and the two pokemon, and yell at them again.

But...if the story is something serious...and something dealing with her fear...I know Ash [and maybe Brock] will help her through it :)
Maybe...Ash will comfort her, talk with her, give her advice, and maybe even help her overcome her fear. ^^

Actually, that screenshot is from the episode, Another One Gabites the Dust; it's not from the upcoming contest event (sorry to burst Glenda's bubble)

It's hard to predict or think of how bad or embarrassing the word, "Pikari" would mean to Hikari. If the Hikari or someone else explains that meaning to Satoshi or others and it's something bad or humiliating, then hopefully Hikari would be forgiven or cheered up so she'll do well in the contest :).

Janovy

Banned
I'm sorry if the picture isn't real, but in the anime spoilers thread for the upcoming contest, someone asked for a proof that Ursula is going to appear and the other person posted that picture. Again, I'm sorry :/

But never mind, Ursula an her bitc*y attitude will make pearlshipping grow even more (at least I hope). I for once would like if Dawn to stand up for herself and attack Ursula. lol CHICK FIGHT *shot*

Lorde

But never mind, Ursula an her bitc*y attitude will make pearlshipping grow even more (at least I hope). I for once would like if Dawn to stand up for herself and attack Ursula. lol CHICK FIGHT *shot*

Well of course it'll be good for PearlShipping. As for Dawn, I think she's strong already and yes she does need to attack her enemies herself. She needs to project herself more so she'll win in Contest and in love :3

Niker117

I ask that people who have access to the japanese episodes, to tell us what "Pikari" is all about...

I just realized.

PIKA ri/Chu...

Any resemblence?

Cheers;
Niker

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
I ask that people who have access to the japanese episodes, to tell us what "Pikari" is all about...

I just realized.

PIKA ri/Chu...

Any resemblence?

Cheers;
Niker

I get what you said there . But sadly Pikari doesn't relate to Pikachu in any way . Until know I mean . If it was because of Pikachu all of us would have known already so that is .

um since old topic hasn't been on discussion anymore might as well :

If you saw a Historical Mystery Tour what you think of it ?

heh we discuss Jap . episodes so might as well discuss the dub episodes that have aired xP .

wiitard119

I just realized.

PIKA ri/Chu...

Any resemblence?

Cheers;
Niker

......Yeah thx i think we all know that already, *facepalm*
Also i dont think Pikachu and Dawn doesnt actually coherent the situation because the next upcoming episode is about Dawn Fainting over plusle and minun not about pikachu.
And if it did relate to pikachu i think we already should have seen some situation between Dawn/Hikari and pikachu

If you didnt know Pikari= Dee Dee if you watch the english one. (sorry for repeating same facts)
and Dee Dee/ Pikari is the name Kenny/Kengo calls Dawn/Hikari whenever they see each other. And When ever Kengo/Kenny says Pikari/ Dee Dee, Hikari/Dawn gets mad in a playful way.
And in the upcoming episode 161 or 162 it MIGHT get revealed what the name means. Hence the reason Dawn/Hikari fainting over Plusle and Minun.

Edit: I saw it and i liked how everyone got to see their past of how they got their individual pokemon. Well their wasnt any pearlshipping moment Again but it was a very entertaining episode to watch for the 2nd time. (japanese/english)

Last edited:

Niker117

well AFAIK we can't trust the dub, and I thought that maybe Hikari had once a problem with a pikachu or something.

Just a thought.

And sorry that not all of us are as smart as a wii tard ;D

Cheers;
niker

Lorde

To be honest, not many romantic hints/moments in the Japanese version OR dubbed version ;_;

I suppose there was the part where Barry and Ash run to go battle and Dawn being upset, but I think she was just upset that Ash was so reckless.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.

To be honest, not many romantic hints/moments in the Japanese version OR dubbed version ;_;

I suppose there was the part where Barry and Ash run to go battle and Dawn being upset, but I think she was just upset that Ash was so reckless.

Well I expect to see something soon in a few weeks:

What do you expect to happen in DP144, with the whole Kotone talking to Dawn Scene?

Honestly, I don't know. The Dub can get it wrong or change it to their liking. I wish I can read or understand Japanese. I only know so few words of all the Anime I watched these past years.:)

Lorde

What do you expect to happen in DP144, with the whole Kotone talking to Dawn Scene?

The dub has been pretty accurate so far. I don't think much will change. It's be the same as the Japanese version, with Kotone hinting at a romance between Dawn and Ash.

Status
Not open for further replies.