• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
Dawn fainting was really funny in the preview but sadly not as PearlS as one could wish. But maybe we should not be to dissapointed by that, such moments are for running gags and we get to see how their friendship is. However I have big hope´s for the Contests eps, how will Ash react when he finds out the background- story of Dawns nickname? Will he tease her or something like that, and how will Dawn react on her part.

As pokefan stated, Contest- eps usually has PearlS hints and a whole bunch of eps with Contests and Dawns nickname being revealed I hope we get much more PearlS hints.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
What do you like about Pearlshipping?

...I guess...I like their deep friendship and how they accompany and encourage each other(and also well support on each other,I guess)*in my opinion*....
..I guess they are ''close'' to each other as well....
....they have a good chemistry and have the cute pairing...!!!...^_^

here's a little pearlshipping !!!...

rioT6296

a girl who dreams (:
Speaking of which, do y'know what I realized recently? All the Contests that lasted two episodes or more had some real juicy Pearlshippyness in them; Dawn's first contest, remember that? It was a two-parter, and it contained Ash and Dawn's first high-touch; Floaroma Town contest had Kenny's somewhat obvious jealousy. Plus, we got that cute high-five in the end of the second part; Wallace Cup arc is pretty self-explanatory; Solaceon Town (which had one episode building up to the contest, so it's still a two-parter) also treated us Pearlshippers to some good SatoHika moments.

I'm completely sure we WILL have something here. Almost ALL of Dawn's contests incorporated some Ash/Dawn moments, so the Asatsuki Contest should be no exception.

yes, I totally agree with you!
I mean, every one of the Contest episodes had big [or slightly smaller than big] hints for pearlshipping! it would be weird if the Asatsuki Contest didn't have at least one.
the Asatsuki Contest is no exception.

However I have big hope´s for the Contests eps, how will Ash react when he finds out the background- story of Dawns nickname? Will he tease her or something like that, and how will Dawn react on her part.

yes, I was just thinking about that too!
I mean, Ash has always been wondering about the background of Dawn's nickname ("Pikari" or "Dee Dee"). I recall that he's asked Kenny about it, and even Leona...but Dawn's always prevented them from telling Ash before they could even say anything. and then Brock would always make that "secrets/skeleton in their closet" expression, hehe xD

I think Ash might tease Dawn about it, or laugh about it if the backstory of "Pikari" isn't that serious, or is just plain funny. I remember that he [and Brock, Pikachu, and especially Piplup] laughed their heads off at the embarrassing childhood stories of Dawn that Kenny shared with them in one episode.
..but...if the story behind her nickname is a serious matter, or a serious matter to Dawn, I know Ash won't laugh. I know that he's smart enough to know when it's time to laugh and when it's not time to laugh. 'cause we all know how he's so sweet and caring towards his friends, haha (;

oh! and I also watched Battling A Tower Figure! this weekend.
there wasn't much pearlshipping in it, but...there were some cute scenes :D

*in the beginning, Ash was saying that he'd be the one to battle Palmer. then suddenly, Dawn pushed him out of the way, saying that she'd be the one to battle Palmer. I thought that was cute and funny, haha. but then BARRY ruined it by pushing Dawn out of the way and saying that HE'D be the one to battle his dad :mad:
at other times of the episode, they fought over who'd battle Palmer (but in a friendly manner, haha :) )

*when Dawn lost, she said while munching down on her food "someone's going to get fined!" (like Barry usually says). then Barry was angrily munching down on his food, saying that he'll fine Ash, or something like that.
...maybe Dawn was referring to Ash too? haha, I don't know.

*Dawn [and Brock and sometimes even Barry] became happy whenever Ash got an advantage in his battle with Palmer. And she [and Brock] got worried when he had a disadvantage in the battle.

*Dawn was sad when Ash lost and said, "And to think Ash was so close..", but then stopped being sad when she saw he wasn't taking the loss so badly.

*Oh, and after Barry left Ash, Brock, and Dawn on the sidelines to sing a song, Dawn said something to Ash --
Dawn: "Huh? Ash! That reminds me of something I thought of while I was watching you and Grotle battle! And it's a whole new way of showing off your Pokemon as well!"
Ash: "New way of showing off?"
Dawn: "My style is always changing! Never boring! Get ready for my next contest!"
...And then Palmer had to come and butt in xD

woah at all the new pearlshippers bopping up lately. @w@

Blahh, I woke up this morning intending to post this sooner, but other things got in my wayyy. I had the most Pearlshippy thoughts lately.. For instance, I woke up with a new topic idea. xD

In this point in time; where, when, and how would you like Pearlshipping to become more obvious in the animé?

For example: beginning of the GF/PL? Ash's last gym battle? Filler episode that turns out to be more important than initially thought? Through jealousy, attraction, infatuation, blushing, teasing, etc.? In a certain area or setting?

State your theories, ideas, or fantasies here. =P

I also have something else to say, but I'll save it for another time. I'll also properly answer the topic later. posting through DSi blah

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
In this point in time; where, when, and how would you like PearlShipping to become more obvious in the Animé?

Where: I'd like it if there were some more hints while we're in Filler episodes. Looks like there's nothing much happening so why not take the time to include some teasing?

When: With Ash's final Gym battle coming up, I think it'd be great if Ash lost and Dawn comforted him. It would certainly make things hotter that usual.

How: The writers need to add more blushing and maybe even some jealousy. Blushing when Ash does/says something funny and maybe jealousy to make things more spicy.

Niker117

Well...

The problem is, that if Hikari blushes, it will obviously mean that she's atracted to Satoshi.

I mean, a high five, could be done between friends, but if Ash suddenly comes up to defend Hikari against Ursula...

Imagine this.

Ursula is just blabbing about having beat Hikari, And say this reduces her to tears. Ash jumps and starts defending her, and then we have that "little defensless girl" look in her face, and then she blushes...

Well.

Its going to change the whole idea of the anime IMO.

What I'm thinking the writers will do is just stuff that friends do, BUT, add a bit of a twist on it.

For example, both of them laughing at something at the same time, looking at each other for a second longer than necesary.

Etc.

That stuff doesn't compromise the anime, and it doesn't immediately hint an attraction.

Not that I wouldn't want that to happen...

Cheers;
NIker

PS: SOrry, almost forgot. IMO, it should be in the battle frontier, since I have a gut feeling that we will be seeing kotone in the battle frontier as well :D And that will mean, more hints, more teasing, and hopefully, more pearlshipping :D

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
In this point in time; where, when, and how would you like PearlShipping to become more obvious in the Animé?

Where: Sinnoh or Pallet Town
When: GF/Sunyshore/SL/BF.etc. Like above poster, a Filler dealing with a female trainer making Dawn jealous.
How: Ash & the Gang are heading for Sunyshore/GF/SL and a female trainer/coordinator/non-trainer is in trouble/danger and Ash saves her, thus making the girl fall in love with him, making her love for him noticeable to everyone on the show but it makes it less obvious for the younger viewers. Dawn gets jealous and accidentally makes Ash notice this Jealousy. Dawn denies it and Ash as usual doesn't know what the heck is going on. Although Ash is unaware of Dawn's feelings, US veterans/Older Viewers, know what's going on.
I just thought of a good Sub-Topic.:)

Ok, so we ALL should know by now that Dawn is getting a Togekiss, so.......:

Do you guys think its a coincidence that Dawn is getting a Togekiss, that:
1) Has to do with 2 Trainers being blessed with eternal love and.....
2) Togekiss having the ability to use Aura Sphere, which connects with Ash being able to use Aura???

Personally, what I believe is that Pearlshipping is either a HUGE coincidence or the Writers will eventually let Ash settle down with Dawn.:) I can just picture them together....... getting me a little hyped up but yeah.lol What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Hello there! May I please jion this thread? I like pearlshipping!

What do you like about Pearlshipping?

I like... EVERYTHING!!! <3 I think what made me like it most was their interactions! That and I kinda got "carried away" with high touch. I like the hints too, I think this ship is ADORABLE!!! This was also the ONLY Ash ship I liked EVER! (I actually hate Ash.) So this ship just had something to my brain which for some reason went on a "Pearlshippy Craving". Plus I realised how DP is so unpredictable which made me like it more...

P.S. I'm new here, I came here mainly because a Friend begged me to. Since I saw this thread though I had to post!

eryyy

Ace Trainer
I'm completely sure we WILL have something here. Almost ALL of Dawn's contests incorporated some Ash/Dawn moments, so the Asatsuki Contest should be no exception.

I totally agree. Practically all of Dawn's contests have had a Pearlshipping moment so I really do think that there will Pearlshipping hint.
But at the same time, it's good not to get worked up over it cause there might not be one and I wouldn't want to get disappointed in the end.
I'm keep my fingers crossed.

Where: Sinnoh, but I'd settle for Pallet Town, that is if Dawn goes with him.
When: Well, I'd think for the League or the GF but these contests coming up would be nice too.
How: Well, I personally think it would be interesting if Ursula liked Ash and she's fangirling over him even if the chances are slim to none, which would make Dawn jealous and she'd butt in between Ash and Ursula. Ursula would ask something like, "are you his girlfriend or something?" and Dawn would deny it but you can tell that she's sad.

That's all I can really think of atm though.

Last edited:

Lorde

2) Togekiss having the ability to use Aura Sphere, which connects with Ash being able to use Aura???

Do I think it's some coincidence that Togekiss will be given to Dawn? No! It's perfect for her.

The whole 2 trainers being blessed thing sounds interesting. I can see Ash being important when it becomes time to catch Togekiss or it's pre-evolved forms. Maybe their love attracts Togekiss to Dawn.

About Aura Sphere, it's too perfect to be a minor coincidence. The writers probably want both a boy and girl in the main cast to have some connection to Aura.

Last edited:

ST8

Fourth Gen Veteran

Where: At the end of their journies. At the Pokemon League and Grand Festival

When: As soon as possible!!

How: I think that a good scenario would be that all of Ash's old girls (including Angie) that had a (supposed) crush on Ash show up and cheer for him. They would all try to get Ash's attention afterwards (particularly if he wins)and in favour of themselves. As the girls try to win him over more and more Ash gets further and further away from Dawn. She is about to give up all hope (her love having grown strongly) and then Ash comes to her asking what the problem is. She becomes enraged at him that he is so short sighted and hasn't a clue that she loves him with all of her heart. At that moment Ash finally realises that he loves her as well and before she can say anything else she is silenced by Ash's lips.

Strongly based off a scene from 'Wild at Heart' and as likely as the world ending tomorrow but I'm hopeful that pearlshipping will go on forever. I always love a love story (particularly if it is around my age).

sweetpikachu

PYT. ♥ (:

I'm going to copy your form ST8 XD

Where: Anywhere I guess, as long as it's a shippy moment, I'm good :)

When: A movie (those always have the best moments) or a contest/battle.

How: (Movie) Remember in Darkrai when Ash grabbed Dawn's hand when she was about to fall? Well, maybe this time it should be even MORE dramatic :D Like if Dawn is falling, Ash should actually get up off his *** jump down to save her. Look into eachother's eyes, and blush, because all of you know that's my dream :D (Contest) If she wins or loses, we could have two completely different scenarios. If she wins, her and Ash could give eachother a huge hug. If she loses, maybe this could be like DP062, without Ash being completely oblivious of Dawn crying. He could comfort her and maybe a hug too?? :)

2) Togekiss having the ability to use Aura Sphere, which connects with Ash being able to use Aura?

It could mean something :) You know how the writers like to mess around with us, right? You never know... :DDD

crisiscore

ZAP CANNON

Where: Anytime soon especially now that we're almost heading towards the end of the sinnoh saga.

When: It'd be awesome if they did little bits here and there during the filler episodes, nothing to big, just little things to build up their relationship. Also as mentioned earlier, the GF and Pokemon League would be a great time for their feelings to emerge.

How: It'd be great if Ash and Dawn could participate in some kind of doubles tournament say like the battle tower. It could be a 2 or 3 episode special showing the two training together privately to develop a good battle strategy and also getting closer at the same time. Bringing a third person to crush on dawn would be quite interesting as well. I'd love to see Ash's reaction to that. I'd really like to see the writers make Ash blush or get jealous over Dawn at least once.

pikachuluver44

pokemon anime luver
I FINALLY got back over here!!!

Where: In the Grand Festival then Shinou League
When: ... The parties! For the end and over with of the whole GF and SL
How: First it starts at the GF where they slowly get closer (like now). Then Ash offers another Dance and DOESN'T get turned down. Dawn says yes, they dance (fast or slow) enjoy themselves. A dance ends they look into eachothers eyes. They stare for minutes (longer than in the rise of darkrai). But get interupted by Kenny who clears his throat to signal they're being watched. XD Then later at the SL Conway starts to chase Dawn and officially declares why he think Ash is his "Enemy". Eventually Ash catches on with the help of Brock. However Dawn is STILL lost with what's going on (Conway thinks Ash likes her and is therefor the "Enemy"). So they both have some love battle behind her back, Ash still doesn't know he likes her. UNTIL the end of the entire series! =) Since I'm sure Dawn will never be taken with her stupidity towards romance, what better way to get them together! So they fall in love and everyone lives happily ever after! THE END!!! (Until they have children and the show continues in a more for older viewers way! 8D)

That is my theory of what would happen. My long dream split into many, that ends up half right every time I try predicting! XD While what do you think? Maybe I should make a fan-fic with it! =) Later! (I'll anwser the other topic once someone else posts, because I don't want to make this TOOO long. Which I have a tendancy of doing =( )

Then later at the SL Conway starts to chase Dawn and officially declares why he think Ash is his "Enemy". Eventually Ash catches on with the help of Brock. However Dawn is STILL lost with what's going on (Conway thinks Ash likes her and is therefor the "Enemy"). So they both have some love battle behind her back, Ash still doesn't know he likes her.

This. Definitely this, yeah. I mean, WHY did the writers (Tomioka's doing, most likely) bring Conway into the Sinnoh League? They already established that he has a major crush on Dawn (moreso than Kenny *nuked*), yet they make him a rival for Ash? Any reason behind this? Hm? HMM?!

Personally, I think that's the best case scenario and reason as to why he's there, yup yup. Darn, now I've worked myself up for the League. x) Also, this seems like a scenario I can safely see in the Pokémon animé.

In this point in time; where, when, and how would you like Pearlshipping to be more obvious in the animé?

Where: Possible filler area, Pokemon League, Grand Festival, Pallet Town - anywhere Pearlshipping could shine. XD

When: Preferably during their respective competitions. Also while the going is tough and the drama gets intense. ;)

How: Well, I absolutely LOVE jealousy. BUT, I seriously don't see Dawn getting jealous. Even if she developed feelings for him. I can see her sulking, yeah.. Though I freakin' love the idea of Ash getting jealous. If Ash gets jealous, then you KNOW Pearlshipping has a chance (and I mean obviously jealous - enough to have even Brock and Pikachu to notice, haha.)

Also..I want Ash to save Dawn (physically) again. Preferably more like how he saved her in the Rise of Darkrai manga where he jumped off the balloon after her and grabbed her around the waist.

Finally, I want more insight on what they think about each other, like how Dawn thought of Ash in the beginning of the Wallace Cup. (but in Ash's POV this time)

Keep it up! <3

eryyy

Ace Trainer
This. Definitely this, yeah. I mean, WHY did the writers (Tomioka's doing, most likely) bring Conway into the Sinnoh League? They already established that he has a major crush on Dawn (moreso than Kenny *nuked*), yet they make him a rival for Ash? Any reason behind this? Hm? HMM?!

Yeah, I totally agree. It doesn't make any sense at all.
But for all we know though, Tomioka could possibly be planning for Conway to have an effect on Pearlshipping. There's no way for us to know that. I'm sure we'll find out more when the league becomes closer.

Oceanus119

ɢσттα ɢσ вιɢ тιмє! ❤

Where: For me, either at the league or the GF

When: As soon as possible.

How: Well, I personally think that Kenny should make his feelings clear to Dawn, which makes Ash really jealous. I mean, as long Ash is getting jealous, we could have a chance.
I also really think that a Pearlshipping hint should come out of this whole Pikari/Deedee thing. I mean, Dawn clearly didn't want Ash to know so I'm sure she must be worried that Ash might tease her about it a bit.

Quick report of what happened in today's episode.

- Satoshi (+ Takeshi) watches over Hikari who has fainted; when she wakes up, Satoshi handed her something to drink.

- Hikari thanked Satoshi with smile. It was cute scene.

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/161.jpg[/img139]

- Satoshi (+ Takeshi) comforted Hikari after listening PIKARI incident in the past.

- PIKARI was all Kengo's fault. He came up with the name and told everyone in the classroom.

- Satoshi was in super exciting mode when he was watching Hikari's performance.

- High five after the result announcement.

I will post up the screen shot later. =)

Last edited:

Niker117

Dear god that smile just melted me :D

So kengo came up with pikari?

And why is she all so "DON'T TELL ANYONE" about it?

I mean, we all have nicknames...

Cheers;
Niker

Lorde

Quick report of what happened in today's episode.

- Satoshi (+ Takeshi) watches over Hikari who has fainted; when she wakes up, Satoshi handed her something to drink.

- Hikari thanked Satoshi with smile. It was cute scene.

- Satoshi (+ Takeshi) comforted Hikari after listening PIKARI incident in the past.

- PIKARI was all Kengo's fault. He came up with the name and told everyone in the classroom.

- Satoshi was in super exciting mode when he was watching Hikari's performance.

- High five after the result announcement.

I will post up the screen shot later. =)

Althought I removed the image of Dawn with the cup and the smile, it's so cute. It really looked like she was thankful to Satoshi for coming to her aid :)

Ash comforting Hikari was something all of us predicted I think. It's so obvious that Satoshi would care for her :3

Of course Satoshi was excited, Dawn's Contest appeals are always exciting, I'd bet she looked good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.