• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that is her then she could be the replacement of Dawn in the anime right? Though I can't help but think that they look a lot a like. They have similar colours. Her hair kinda looks like her contest hair. MAYBE she's a new version of Dawn (= Dawn travels with Ash next generation) ;)
Oh trust me.. You are not the only one.
Many Pokemon fans in Japan does think same as you do.

However, I really think we should wait for an official artwork before we get our hopes up.

Anyways, I really am excited and nervous about GF Opening Party...
AG didn't have such thing before huh?
Let's hope that Satoshi will accompany Hikari to the party.
It would be horrible if the party is for coordinators only though...

JPG

interesting news. but we shouldnt lose hope. there is one possibility that i have thought of and that a lot people havent:

what if the new girl is ash and dawn's daughter? it would make sense that they introduce a new trainer for the new generation of pokemon. who better to take up the torch than ash's own kid? but then again, this is speculation but fun speculation.

Janovy

Banned
xD It's like I knew you would think about the same thing I did. ;) When I first saw something clearer image I noticed her hat was pink and white including her clothes. And she does look extraordinary similar to Dawn. That's the spirit folks, just keep your hopes up. :D

Ah, I will be dissapointed if that doesn't turn out to be her, but as JPG mentioned, maybe that's the daughter of Ash and Dawn.

Wow guys, I haven't posted in a long time. I think barely any of you even know me. xD Well I'm Cassi. Nice to meet you if I haven't yet.

Updates on the 5th generation games are up, and it shows scans from CoroCoro magazine, a couple of which include a girl sprite which i think is the the new female player charachter - http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

I have got to admit, that DOES look a lot like Dawn. I mean, it even looks like she's wearing the same outfit. The only differences I spot are the hair tied back in a ponytail (am I the only one who thinks they see her hair-loopy thing-ys?) and a different cap. Miniskirt with pink fringe and everything else looks the same. so I DO think that this is just another Dawn sprite for the next game. (And hopefully, next Dawn look for the next anime season? )

We'll just have to wait and see! :)

Animefan145

Hope I'm doing this right. Anyway, I'm new, though I've been glancing at these boards for a while. Normally I don't post, as, well, I'm not that social, but for some reason I just really ended up liking the idea of Pearlshipping, so can't resist adding a few comments. Would've gotten into it sooner, but lost interest during the 3rd gen (games and anime didn't interest me much), and the first D/P dub intro was... very strange, and so I didn't get back into Pokemon anime until last year or so. Although for once I'm sad we're going into the fifth gen, since third gen lasted so long. Or at least seemed to last so long, with the Hoenn saga and then the Battle Frontier seasons. And now I wish I had followed D/P from the start.

Anyway, saw the pictures, and huh, that does look eerily like Dawn/her game counterpart. It'd be wonderful if instead of sending Dawn off to another region if Dawn got a new outfit like Ash will and stayed along for another saga. Wishful thinking, but still, its nice to dream.

And it'd be really nice if Dawn got to visit Ash's hometown too. Ash and Brock have visited Dawn's house, so she might as well return the favor. And it'd be fun to see her meet Ash's mom in person, since I think Ash's mom only talked to Dawn's mom, not Dawn when she was on the vid-phone. Although if Misty is waiting at Ash's house again, it'd be nice to see how Misty would react to Dawn or anything like that. Though it'll probably just be the nice normal friendly greeting, since this is the anime we're talking about. Not sure why Dawn would accompany Ash to Kanto, unless she tries the contests there while Ash heads off to the next region. Well, she'd at least see his house, which would be good, but it might lead to her leaving, which would be bad (though probably inevitable). At least the next few months will definitely be exciting.

Thyson

i'm new but count me in too
What do you like about pearlshipping?
their strong frienship exprimed by their love to pokemons the way they cheer eachother in gym battles and contests i like especially the rise of darkrai when ash saves her from falling also The High Touch opening song is made with their voices and imagine the 2 of them singing

Last edited:

<3Crystal

Pearlshipper
Hi!!! I'm new here and just now looking at the generation 5 pictures..... Right now im just saying dont lose hope Pearlshippers!!!! it is a while till generation 5 actually comes out so we just have to wait :( i really hope dawn stays

UDI

Orange Hero
seeing the pictures of the alleged new girl of 5 generation, can see that has many characteristics of Ash (such as the cap) and Dawn (the hair style that resembles the hairsytle of Dawn in the contest)

who knows, but I have a theory that this girl could be the daughter of Ash and Dawn in the anime and is a new anime character with the boy hero of the 5th generation (which seems to also have some frills of Ash)

also is also possible Dawn that accompanies Ash in the new region, and make it a new look, something like what they did to Ash in DP with lucas's clothes

Thyson

seeing the pictures of the alleged new girl of 5 generation, can see that has many characteristics of Ash (such as the cap) and Dawn (the hair style that resembles the hairsytle of Dawn in the contest)

who knows, but I have a theory that this girl could be the daughter of Ash and Dawn in the anime and is a new anime character with the boy hero of the 5th generation (which seems to also have some frills of Ash)

also is also possible Dawn that accompanies Ash in the new region, and make it a new look, something like what they did to Ash in DP with lucas's clothes
guyz that is not ash neither dawn check the movie poster theres a new guy as for the game hes the hero character and like in any game theres a girl for him the cave pic its him in the other ones is the girl now back to pearlshipping i hope their mothers will meet and discuss xD
if Ash mother wouldve called when he wasin the contest with buzel and dawn near him both dressed like that ash's mother would say :Ash you married and didn't tell your mother >.<.
And what would you think talking about celebi being there maybe its them 10 years in future o_O

Last edited:

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Hi!!! I'm new here and just now looking at the generation 5 pictures..... Right now im just saying dont lose hope Pearlshippers!!!! it is a while till generation 5 actually comes out so we just have to wait :( i really hope dawn stays

i'm new but count me in too
What do you like about pearlshipping?
their strong frienship exprimed by their love to pokemons the way they cheer eachother in gym battles and contests i like especially the rise of darkrai when ash saves her from falling also The High Touch opening song is made with their voices and imagine the 2 of them singing

Welcome to the Pearlshipping Thread both of you.:) I hope you enjoy your time here. High Touch seems like a Pearlshippy song in my point of view. With all of their hi-5'ing and whatnot.lol

@<3Crystal. Hmmmm, so what do you like about Pearlshipping?

Naminésky

oh snap
Ahh no! Dawn can't leave! ):

Like many said before, the whole idea of yet another female lead being dropped as the main character is annoying, and, to be honest, getting veerryy old.

But I was looking at this supposed "new" girl, and the first thing I noticed was the dark hair. It seems black to me, which worries me because Dawn's hair is navy. However, dark hair, like Dawn's; it doesn't add up. It may be silly to focus on hair color, but it really wouldn't make sense at all if yet ANOTHER female lead has dark hair and a pink outfit. I mean, copycat much? So I'm hopeful as for now, because my observation has renewed my faith in Dawn staying! [Plus, Ash is too emotionally attached to her. High Touch anyone...? I mean, he wouldn't just let her leave. The lyrics of High Touch kinda talk about them never leaving each other's sides.]

Hmmm.. Maybe we should hold off on the discussion on whether or not Dawn's getting replaced or not... It's starting to get off-topic, and we're far from that point in the anime yet. Let's wait for more information, and until the time actually comes. SO, to keep discussion about the female replacement to a bare minimum, I propose a new topic:

What moments would you like to see/expect to see in the Grand Festival?

(I feel the use of this topic is appropriate as the Grand Festival is coming closer now.)

I'd like to see a moment where Hikari's nerves are getting the better of her, and Satoshi gives her some heart-warming words of encouragement. Maybe even a scene that describes the "Your smile is always there..." lyrics in High Touch? ;D

And, lol, although it might not happen, I want Satoshi to break out the male cheerleading outfit he wore in Kaze no Message, with Pikachu and Buizel cheering with him. x'D (Old dream of mine, but I still want it dammit!)

I will update the front post with new members and other things soon. Thanks for showing the Pearlshippy spirit, guys! =D

Last edited:

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Haven't been to this thread for awhile. Let's get started by answering this question :)

Well I expect some pearlshipping but not in a romantic or relationship kind of thing. Definitely friendship thing for sure. I expect Kengo to be jealous for sure (since we are talking about the Grand Festival).

Last edited:

MINK

I would just be happy with some sort of 'intimate' scene with Ash and Dawn -like them talking together the night before it starts with Ash reassuring her, and her thanking him for helping her get there etc. That would be pretty sweet and is a realistic thing that could happen in the anime. It would be nice if Ash complimented Dawn on how she looks in her new dress too :) And like what KrazieBuddha said - Kenny jealousy. It has to happen once he sees how close Ash and Dawn have really become :p

I'd really love what Pokefan#493 suggested about Ash, Pikachu and Buizel in their cheerleading outfits, to happen. We need to see those outfits in the anime!! And it makes sense that Buizel would be with Ash and Pikachu, seeing as Dawn was his original trainer and such.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Is it normal for a guy to make a PearlShipping video?lol

I was wondering because I just made one but its currently processing. It just seemed wierd making one and it was kinda hard too, with all of the effects and whatnot.:) I also put 2 songs which you guys should be familiar with: Both are from the Pikachu's Jukebox...... still don't know? They are Best Friends and Together Forever in the same video. I had to cut some of each song to avoid being too long. It is around 4 minutes and I worked kinda hard on it, so I will provide the link once I have it on youtube.

As for the current discussion:

Hmmm, interesting. Another high five of course. Maybe Dawn modeling her new dress for Ash?:D I'd sure as heck like that.XD I just like how the 2 keep on getting closer..... I wonder if Togekiss will play any role in this...... so I will ask the same topic as before about Togekiss but this time, because Dawn already has it.

With Togekiss' capture, do you think its known behavior will come into play in the Anime anytime soon?

For those who don't know, it reads:

Behavior:

"Togekiss avoid conflict, never appearing where strife is occurring. It shares blessings with those who love another. They will protect their young, Togepi, with miraculous care."

I wonder of all the pokemon, they'd give Dawn a Togekiss, and in that stage of evolution as well....... with that known Behavior it has. Togekiss was caught this late for a reason..... not just for the Grand Festival..... but something else............

eryyy

Ace Trainer

Well, the thing I would love to see is Satoshi and Hikari confess to each other. But I think everyone would like to see that.
Maybe, when the pressure is beginning to get to Hikari, causing her to go crazy, Satoshi will give her some words of encouragement and that snaps her out of it.
Well, like pokefan#493 said, Satoshi needs to get a cheerleading outfit to cheer Hikari on, with Pikachu and Buizel. Probably won't happen but hey, you never know. They could surprise us ;)
That's just what I would want to see happen :D

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑

I would just be happy with some sort of 'intimate' scene with Ash and Dawn -like them talking together the night before it starts with Ash reassuring her, and her thanking him for helping her get there etc. That would be pretty sweet and is a realistic thing that could happen in the anime. It would be nice if Ash complimented Dawn on how she looks in her new dress too :) And like what KrazieBuddha said - Kenny jealousy. It has to happen once he sees how close Ash and Dawn have really become :p

Hahaha I know right? That what I really think and besides, Kenny is those type of guys that usually are "I'll show what I'm capable of" and "Your not stealing her heart from her". Since Grand Festival is coming up in a few weeks. I know Kenny will gonna "try" to make a move on Dawn if. Then later, Ash wll step to comfort her of course.

Hope I'm doing this right.

Hello, I've been following this thread for sometime and thought it was time to post.

What do I like about Pearlshipping?
I like how close Ash and Dawn have become thoughout their adventure, coming together to solve problems and defeat evil. I also like how they rarely fight and when they do they are always quick to make up and forgive. Now to answer the topic.

I would like to see Kenny tease Dawn with her nickname(the one that she despises) and see Ash get in Kennys face about how he needs to stop calling Dawn "Dee Dee", since it's obvious she doesnt like it, and then Kenny would be speachless and Dawn would be suprised at how protective Ash was of her.

For example, picture them all in the waiting area just before Ash and Brock go to their seats and Kenny turns towards Dawn to tell her something:
"Good luck out there, Dee Dee"
"Stop calling me that!"
"Whatever you say, Dee Dee"
-Insert Ash telling sticking up for Dawn here- (I'll leave this part for you XD)

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
HM did you guys saw new episode tittle ? The GF episodes are already here so after reading them I ask this : So it has been confirmed that Hikari is going to the final (and may will win it too), would this affect anything to pearlshipping?

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
So it has been confirmed that Hikari is going to the final (and may will win it too), would this affect anything to pearlshipping?

I would say in a way sort of, but doubt it will be anything but a high five from them regularly (rarely).
To me the Grand Festival is a little bit too soon. Overall, I'm really hyped up to watch it but that can wait. As for the next episode (ep 172 I've believe), I would say there will be at least one or two hints.

Status
Not open for further replies.