• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Animefan145

Yeah, the Grand Festival should be a lot of fun. Although if Dawn wins it, at least she'll go out on a high note (with the fifth gen coming).

What moments would you like to see/expect to see in the Grand Festival?

Well, I think Kenny should be there, right? Haven't seen him for so long (although at least he appeared in that flashback), it'd be nice if he started teasing Hikari with the Pikari name (I do wonder how the dub will handle it, since they came up with Deedee years before we found out, and the pun doesn't translate anyway) and hinting about telling others about how she got that nickname, then Ash would just say they've already heard about her Minun/Plusle phobia, which might shock Kenny that Dawn told someone. Kenny always seemed a bit jealous that Ash was traveling with Dawn, though he'd never admit it. Unless Kenny already watched that contest where Dawn took on the Plusle/Minun, but still, it'd be a nice way to show how much Dawn trusts Ash (telling about her bad childhood memory).

So it has been confirmed that Hikari is going to the final (and may will win it too), would this affect anything to pearlshipping?

Probably wouldn't affect too much, aside from having another episode where her friends all cheer for her. Although it'd be nice if Ash and Dawn have a late night chat before the final battle to calm her nerves- Ash usually has one of those episodes during his League tournaments, Dawn will probably need reassurance too, especially with how nervous she gets. And Zoey might not be able to offer too much as she's Dawn's opponent. I hope for a good finish to Dawn's quest, whether she wins or loses.

ST8

Fourth Gen Veteran
You guys seem a bit downcast that Dawn is going to be in the final (and perhaps win it). Why? When I saw that info it got me soooooo hyped and happy. We see one of Ash's travelling companions in the final of the grand festival (it never happened with May on either of the GFs that she entered. That's another thing that happened with Dawn and never happened with May or Misty)

Either way if she lost against Zoey she and Ash wouldn't be the only ones upset I can tell you that. I think that there will be more Pearlshipping if she wins. Winning the Grand Festival is like winning the X-Factor, so much emotion comes out of it. I see it a lot on the films as well and whenever the main character wins something big they always channel all of their joyful emotions towards people that they love (If you have watched Wimbledon then you'll know what I mean). I would love that to happen if she wins she goes to Ash and hugs him like nobody else and thanks him that because of his encouragement and his training she was able to win.

What happend in today's episode;

Hikari was really depressed because her Togekiss was out of sync with her.
As usual, Satoshi cheered her up. It was cute scene.
[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/001.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/002.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/003.jpg[/img139]

Oh and,

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/004.jpg[/img139]

It is now official. DP will come to an end soon.

Sure, history and odds may will be against us, but let's watch it all the way to the end everyone.
GF is near and no one knows what will happen at all.

Heck, nobody knows how DP will end either.

Last edited:
Wow I haven't posted in a while. How have things been?
So it has been confirmed that Hikari is going to the final (and may will win it too), would this affect anything to pearlshipping?
She's going to the finals? O.O Holy cow!
Ash will definitely be cheering her on all the way, whether she loses or wins he's gonna be there for her. We all know how supportive he is to her. ( Another One Gabites the Dust, Camping it Up etc )

So... any news on the newest Jap. Ep? :3

Keep it up guys~
EDIT: Ah, my bad. Slow post. PK0082 reported the news. xD
It is now official. DP will come to an end soon.

Sure, history and odds may will be against us, but let's watch it all the way to the end everyone.
GF is near and no one knows what will happen at all.

Heck, nobody knows how DP will end either.

I gotta agree on that one, we'll just have to wait an see. Though Dawn (and Piplup) seems to have had a big impact on the series itself... it might be a bit hard to let go of her. (and Piplup).

Or it could be as easy as pie. :u

What happend in today's episode;

Hikari was really depressed because her Togekiss was out of sync with her.
As usual, Satoshi cheered her up. It was cute scene.
Aha! Told ya! xD

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
*sigh* Thanks for the info PK, it's always nice to see those little moments between Hikari and Satoshi. It's just so sad that DP saga is coming to the end, but cheer up! We have an entire Grand Festival and the Pokemon League coming up, so I'll definitely stay tuned in :D

Yes, sadly I have to say yes. If she actually wins that would mean that she has fully developed in the past four years as a coordinator and that she has finally fulfilled her dream. And even if she wins, I can see a moment of encouragement between Hikari and Satoshi.

In case she doesn't win, yay! Higher chance of Dawn staying for the next series.

What moments would you like to see/expect to see in the Grand Festival? I will do this in a short fan fiction style.
After a tough battle against Jessie in the semi-finals, Dawn has emerged as victor and has so proceeded in the final round of the Grand Festival. She is extremely excited as all her rivals and friends come together to congratulate her for coming this far. Soon however, Dawn gets nervous since the time for finals has come. Satoshi sits next to her wondering what is wrong...

Satoshi: Hikari, is everything OK?
Hikari nervously smiles convincing him that there is no need to worry, but he can sense the fright in her. Her hands are trembling in excitement and fear as Satoshi grabs her hands.
Satoshi: You can do it, I believe in you. You are going to win, I know you will.
Hikari:
But, I..?
Satoshi: There is no but, Hikari. You can do this, you are a brillinat coordinator and trainer.

Satoshi cheers up Hikari as they both stand up. Both Satoshi and Hikari exchange their confident looks as they reach for high five. Over TV, Hikari hears the call. The time for battle has come. She quickly runs of, but suddenly stops and turns toward Satoshi. He stands there not realizing what's going on...

Hikari:
Satoshi, I...
Satoshi: Are you alright?
Hikari: I just wanted to tell you...how grateful I am to have you by my side.
Satoshi: ...I...feel the same way as you Hikari.
Hikari: Huh?
Satoshi: I've recently been thinking about everything we've been through together and how much we've got closer since the day you've helped me to save my Pikachu.
Hikari: Satoshi...

As much as she wanted to hold off, she couldn't. In tears, she suddenly rushed in a hug embracing him with all her heart. She knew he was feeling the same way, and that made her happy.

Satoshi: And now you go and win this thing!
He silently whispered in her ear on which Hikari cheerfully nodded. She rushed out of the room and headed towards the stage engaing in the final promised battle with her rival, Nozomi!

MINK

If only ben_pokemon was writing the Grand Festival episodes. I would love to see that actually happen.

I'm not sure if this post makes much sense, sorry...it's pretty late and I'm sleepy.

If she doesn't win after getting to the finals I think she'd be pretty distraught, which is the perfect opportunity for some comforting from Ash - and also makes it possible for her to stay for another season. BUT i think she will win, because she's facing Nozomi, her biggest rival and it's about time she beat her.
If she wins, then I also think Satoshi will win the Sinnoh League, because I think he'll be in the final against Shinji, finally beat him, and then consequently challenge the Elite Four which means the future course of the anime will change quite a bit to what we're used to.

*Diamond and Pearl has been confirmed to end this this Autumn and planning of the new story arc for Black and White has already begun

How many episodes until Autumn??

Who knows what lies ahead for Pearlshipping :S I don't think whether Hikari does or doesn't go to the final will make too much of a difference though, but I think we can expect at least some Pearlshippingness in the upcoming episodes either way.

Last edited:

Oceanus119

ɢσттα ɢσ вιɢ тιмє! ❤
It's been so long since I been on here.
Sorry about my inactivity, everyone :( I've been so busy with all my schoolwork and everything that I haven't gotten on here all that much. I apologize.

Welcome to the thread, Crimsonash310 :D It's always nice to meet someone who supports this awesome ship. I hope you enjoy your time here as much I have :D

Topic Time o_O

Well, I have so many things shipping related I'd like to see.

First, maybe when the pressure of being in the finals starts to get Hikari, Satoshi will comfort her, saying that he knows she could win it and he believes in her and that all she needs to snap out of it.

Also, probably won't happen but still, Kengo gets jealous of Satoshi because of his riendship with Hikari and it's so clear to see that he likes her so maybe he'd try to tear them apart.

Oh yeah, I'd also really love to see Satoshi cheering Hikari on in a male cheerleading outfit with Pikachu and Buizel. She wore for him. He should do it for her too.

mew151

Thunder Trainer
So we have 4 full months ahead of us until DP reaches to an end. Eh. I've enjoyed the 4 years that DP series aired regardless of the slowdown during the middle of the series while right now I'm just waiting for the remaining episodes and DP movie 4 to reveal.

Today's episode was another developing one. Not much to say here except Satoshi was as encouraging to Hikari as usual. He seriously needs to be more attentive regardless if its a PKM battle or not.

So it has been confirmed that Hikari is going to the final (and may win it too), would this affect anything to pearlshipping?

No big difference really. I won't bite my tongue of any signs during the Grand Festival until it airs.

BlueDragonfangirl

I'm hopping Ash is there for Dawn either way in the Grand Festival.
Gives her a good positve talk before it begins, if she looses tells her its not the end of the world and that she's gotta keep going. I'm afraid for the end, I can expect Dawn to leave cuz every girl so far has left. But maybe Dawn will stay, I hope so. Wouldn't it be awesome if she and Ash traveled to the next region together? Maybe fifth Generation girl could come, make Dawn jealousXD

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
I will take a big guess and say that both Ash and Dawn win their respective goals and during the end of DP, we see the future and their kid starts his own journey, beginning Gen V. I noticed in way that the male Gen V kid's face looks like Ash in a way and the girl looks sort like Dawn, so its possible that those 2 can be their children...... Mostly every Anime has gotten a time-skip or gradually aged as the show progressed... would be awesome if it happened.

ST8

Fourth Gen Veteran
My thoughts exactly KibaLG8. We think on the same wavelength in that idea. The only difference would be that I don't think it is their kid, but just a new trainer starting on his journey. I like the idea of Ash and Dawn's journeys both ending in victory and love: Ash realises that there is more to life than just becoming a pokemon master and Dawn realises the true reason why Mesprit chose her. A new and fresh start in a new region with a new male trainer, after a happy ending for one of Pokemon's most loved couples.

Just a scnario for the end of DP (and maybe Ash's journey)

Another two weeks and the grand festival is under way. I can't wait till then.

hopeful sleeper

carefree dreamer
So it has been confirmed that Hikari is going to the final (and may win it too), would this affect anything to pearlshipping?

I would lean towards an opinion that Hikari will win the Grand Festival. Writers would not have let her reach the final if they didn't want her to win. Will this affect pearlsghipping somehow? It is hard to say but I'd like to take note of two aspects: if Dawn is to achieve a victory then Ash all the more deserves to win the league and even beat the Elite 4 because he's waiting for this and struggles to make this for a very long time. And since Dawn's possible victory would imply her departure then there is no reason for Ash to stay either. At least not within this formula. The rest you can say yourself. After all, some of you already did...

I think basing on the events which take place during the strongly anticipated GF we will be able to judge if the anime staff has something in store for SatoHika. I can only say that I am highly expecting many friendly gestures Ash and Dawn treat each other to throughout their Sinnoh journey.

Janovy

Banned
I don't know if you some of you have heard it...

"And the mood-maker Takeshi will be seeing new dreams for the future. What sort of dream it will be is something to look forward to." It seems like Takeshi is retiring from the main cast, so I think there's a higher chance of Hikari accompanying Ash in the next region.

Last edited:

Animefan145

I don't really see any kind of "son/daughter" of Ash or Dawn ever happening in the anime. Its a nice idea, though, wonder how many fanfics based on that will pop up eventually.

I'm looking forward to Dawn in the GF finale, and while its not a surprise that D/P is ending this fall, not since the fifth gen games were announced for release this year a while ago, its still sad that this is the last year of this particularly good saga of the anime. Oh well, might as well enjoy while we can, and here's hoping for some more moments in the next year.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Well I'd like to think that Dawn will give Ash a hug at the very least if she wins the GF since kisses would make the ship canon which I doubt Nintendo wants unfortunately but if Dawn loses then Ash will comfort her at least. I hope that Brock or any of the others don't interrupt.
I'd like to see a very close battle at the finals and whether she wins or loses Ash will be proud of Dawn. Also a kiss on the cheek for Ash or realization of some romantic feelings for Ash is what I hope happens lol.

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/2010_cover.jpg[/img139]

Cover art of Pocket Monster DP 2010 DVD Vol.1

Best tag team ever? YES.

I really like the fact that staffs almost always use SatoHika as a cover model of DVDs.

Oceanus119

ɢσттα ɢσ вιɢ тιмє! ❤

So, it's offical? She's going to the finals?
I don't really think it will affect Pearlshipping all that much.
I mean, yeah, if she wins, he'll be proud of her but that's I think will happen.
But that's just me.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Sorry if I go offtopic but alright guys, I finished my PearlShipping video but I am having trouble saving it as a file compatible to be uploaded. I can only get it go to in the 30% saved area on Window's Movie Maker. It is only 4 minutes and 30 seconds long and I've had longer videos before, so why is it taking long to save and it stays at around 30%??? Please help out a fellow PearlShipper!>_< I worked so darn hard on this video......

<3Crystal

Pearlshipper
Welcome to the Pearlshipping Thread both of you.:) I hope you enjoy your time here. High Touch seems like a Pearlshippy song in my point of view. With all of their hi-5'ing and whatnot.lol

@<3Crystal. Hmmmm, so what do you like about Pearlshipping?

thanks, i really like pearlship!!!! well actually it's my very first ship in the pokemon series

Status
Not open for further replies.