• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
May I join? i was a member in the last one but didn't post as much. ^_^'

What do you like about Pearlshipping?

Their chemistry really, there have been very cute moments. also i like the way the cheer each other on, somehow i like that. also i support this ship on a friendship basis. them as a couple seems blurry to me at this moment.

Last edited:

ivanreal

Hysteria Clan Leader
I want to join too ^^

what do you like about pearlshipping?

I like how ash and dawn always help each other out when the other is sad,also cuz their pokemon like each other,and they traded with each other

mew151

Thunder Trainer
Wow! A 3rd thread already? I ask permission to be a member please. Not that it'll change my habit of my posts although I do lurk around to see what activities inspires me to post. Like this one.

Their friendship. Pure and simple. This coupling generated a spark in me since the 2 met and unlike the current episodes we had seen so far, the 1st 4 episodes were amazingly well set-up. We're not seeing Satoshi getting attacked anymore this year, seeing how shocked Hikari was on thier first meeting, and I don't know what kind of dull set-up I'm expecting to see in the next new episodes.

Anyway these 2 interact with each other a lot, from Hikari's losses in her previous contests to Satoshi's recent loss to Shinji. Their high 5s has become their symbol and it seems it hasn't appeared yet in the series outside of the recent DP movie 3. They care deeply with one another along with their monsters, training them to meet their goals.

What I at least want for this coupling is Ambipom's return. I still did not like how it left.

Brazillianguy

pokefan and W23 I trust you for the new thread! And PKlegendheroe I appreciate what you've done for us pearlshippers, thank you.

Well, aside from their similarities, their strong friendship, their hints, interactions, cheerings, I think Hikari was made for Satoshi, really.

Yes, and about DP 138 I think that if Satoshi's mom appear in this episode, we can expect some moments. Anyway this episode may be nice to see, and we'll have Hikari's battle with her mom as the main event, but if we happen to see Satoshi's mom personally or by that video phone, an unexpected moment can happen, e.g Hikari and Satoshi blushing when she says that they are cute together, why not?

Last edited:

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
-flails- Another thread. xD;;;

...I always seem to miss new Pearlshipping threads popping up.

Anyways, I'm still here! Still alive. Still crazy about Pearlshipping.

Thank you for maintaining 2.0 PK! Never forget the awesomeness that is Pearlshipping~ *shot for corniness*

...I've done this topic about a million times, but oh well. Like others have said, their strong bond. Satoshi has used some of Hikari techniques during his gym battles which is pretty awesome.

Pretty much everything I wanted to say has been said already. xD;;;

Here's a new fanart I found to celebrate the new thread.

[IMG139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/KatsuJ/Satoshi/Satoshi%20and%20Hikari/top2.jpg[/IMG139]
http://hoshinoco.web.fc2.com/index.html

crisiscore

ZAP CANNON
hey guys! you can count me in too

What do you like about pearlshipping?

Well I like the unending support Ash and Dawn gives off to each other when one of them is doing a battle or a contest. Although the other past girls of this anime have showns endless support to Ash, Dawn just feels different than the rest. She seems much more involved in Ash's battles and goals. And also how she is always so encouraging when Ash needs some cheering up. The same can be said for Ash when Dawn is in need of help or in a depressed state. All in all, I like pearlshipping because it shows a deeper level of bonding between Ash and Dawn and how there are several hints between these two trainers.

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
So WB to old Members and Hi to the new Members =D.

Make sure to follow the rules and most importantly have Fun :D.

Here's the first news for Pearlshippers.
Story of DP 141 will be written by Pearlshippy writer Tomioka-san.
Thank goodness Tomi-san is writing at least one Futaba Town Festival episode.

Here's quick preview summary from Newtype website.

フタバ祭りのメインイベント・ポケモンバトル大会。優勝者には、トレーナーが腕試しをする施設“シンオウ・ バトルフロンティア”を統べる存在“タワータイクーン”のクロツグへの挑戦権が与えられるとあり、サトシも 参加を決める。

≫脚本=冨岡淳広

Pokemon Battle Contest is Futaba Town Festival's main event.
Satoshi decides to participate because winner of the Contest will be given an opportunity to battle Sinnoh Battle Frontier's Tower Tycoon Kurotsugu.

>> Story = Tomioka Atsuhiro.

Wow Nice so maybe we get a hint or something good to watch on this Epispde ;). It will be nice to see Hikari cheer a lot for Satoshi in the contest and in the battle agaisn't the Tower Tycoon.

And like always Nice fan arts Katsu =D. Love how the Sinnoh Starters are with both of them it looks Cute =D.

I also Found Fan Art on Photobucket searching XD

[IMG139]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk262/silvercristal/pearlshipping/025ad7.jpg[/IMG139]

IDK who made it since found it on Photobucket searching D= =(

Last edited:

darklord18

Wow Nice so maybe we get a hint or something good to watch on this Epispde . It will be nice to see Hikari cheer a lot for Satoshi in the contest and in the battle agaisn't the Tower Tycoon.

yeah maybe she dress up as a cheer leader? I like when she dose that. It nice to see that.

nice fan art, it look cute.

I hope this is okay. I just going to post a topic.

What was your top five pearlshipping hints?

I answer it later due to other stuff to do.

BabyLugia

Yes

Ooh ooh, I'll join! <3
What don't I like about Pearlshipping? This shipping is so darn adorable, it almost hurts to see so many hints in the anime ;A; It's really starting to get more and more obvious in the recent episodes, because you can note that Dawn encourages Ash more and more. Idk what episode it was but there was one where Dawn basically exploded saying "ASH IS GONNA WIN ARGH" XD I just love the hints that the creators leave :x *slithers into a dark corner* I'm done I'll shut up now XD

Er... Sorry for not being here all day yesterday. ^^' I was away from the computer and... -rantrantrant- ANYWAYz, the first post has been updated with tons of fanfictions from people here in Sppf, so feel free to check those out while you're at it~

フタバ祭りのメインイベント・ポケモンバトル大会。優勝者には、トレーナーが腕試しをする施設“シンオウ・バトルフロンティア”を統べる存在“タワータイクーン”のクロツグへの挑戦権が与えられるとあり、サトシも参加を決める。

≫脚本=冨岡淳広

Pokemon Battle Contest is Futaba Town Festival's main event.
Satoshi decides to participate because winner of the Contest will be given an opportunity to battle Sinnoh Battle Frontier's Tower Tycoon Kurotsugu.

>> Story = Tomioka Atsuhiro.

I expect Hikari will be cheering a lot for Satoshi in this episode.
Not to mention she always seem to be really focusing on Satoshi's battle in Tomi-san's episodes just like she did in Shinji Vs Satoshi Full Battle (Yeah that one was written by Tomi-san too).

Really? That sounds really cool! I'm hoping that since this is the town's main event, maybe Dawn will enter it as well alongside Ash. Then, they'll start cheering for each other in each of the battles. =) That would be nice. ^^

What I at least want for this coupling is Ambipom's return. I still did not like how it left.

Me too. D: To me, Ambipom (as well as Buizel) was a symbol of their trust (because of the trade). I didn't like seeing her leave because she kinda brought Ash and Dawn together s'more, you know?

yeah maybe she dress up as a cheer leader? I like when she dose that. It nice to see that.

Yeah, Dawn dressing up in her cheerleader outfit would be great. Imagine how Johanna would react if she (Dawn) did dress up? xD Sooo many questions and a lot of teasing would come up. That would be adorable! :3

I'll answer this later as it's hard to pick only five (even though I picked 6 on Pearlshipping Day...). XD But I need to remember them. c:

Last edited:

BlueMew7

what up daddy in the house
I want to join too ^^

what do you like about pearlshipping?

I like how ash and dawn always help each other out when the other is sad,also cuz their pokemon like each other,and they traded with each other

Haha!!! Yes!!! I knew you would join!

Since this is 3.0, do I have to sign up again?

What do I like about Pearlshipping, the list could go on and on, I guess the main thing would be that these two are actually compatible for each other. For the others, I saw no spark. They've shown signs/hints unlike any other ash+??? ship.

ivanreal

Hysteria Clan Leader
*how did you know,bluemew?* and hi ^,^

1)high touch
2)they traded their own poke to each other (to help each other since aipom was more interested in contests and buizel with battling so it was a win-win)
3)darkrai movie when satoshi saves dawn from gallon off the tower
4)they high 5 I've never seen satoshi do that with misty or may
5)in hold the phione episode ash and dawn are looking at luvdisc together and that looks cute ^.^

Pikachu_luver

♪ Blue Bird ♪
Nice fanart Wil and Katsu Koneko!

Copy and pasties from the last thread. XD
  1. High Touch - The song is just full of hints about them together.
  2. High Fives - When I first saw the episode on the my computer they high fived I had to rewind and see it again almost 50 times! XD Its nice to see Ash giving a high five to Dawn when he barely gives high fives to anyone else.
  3. Tanks for the Memories - Ice Cream date. :) To bad Team Rocket had to screw up the moment.
  4. DP133 - Dawn made a show just for Ash. And to cheer him up. This hint is one of the best ones. :)
  5. Hold The Phione - The both of them saw a school of Luvdisc. And in the pokedex is says when two people see a group of Luvdisc they will be blessed with eternal love! <3
I just copyed and pasted since I still love the same hints. Even though I like every hint. :)

BabyLugia

What are your top five Pearlshipping hints?
1. The 11th movie. All of it.
2. When Ash and Dawn were riding the Mantine. Some people wouldn't consider this a real hint but...idk I just really like that LOL <3
3. The fact that Dawn cheers Ash on all too often.
4. Idk if anyone else noticed it, but Ash protects Dawn a lot. He even cheers her up when she's really sad c:
...and yea I don't have a 5th one LOL

Adelaide1994

The Theorizer
What are your top five Pearlshipping hints
1. The holding hands scene from The Rise Of Darkrai movie.

2. DP61, when Ash looked grief-stricken after Dawn's second first round contest loss. He never did that with May or Misty.

3. Tanks For The Memories- When Ash noticed that Dawn was crying and looked sad and later when they had that "ice cream date".

4. High Touch- Where Ash and Dawn sing in a duet and say the words "Protecting me" and Saving me" which sounded Pearlshippy

5. Hold The Phione- Ash and Dawn seeing a school of Luvdisc together held a huge significance because another couple saw a luvdisc and said they would be in love forever.

Last edited:

GioRocket

Team Rocket Forever
I want in too :) I made a couple of posts in the old one. You can put my banner in the fanart thing if you want but I'm not fussed.

BTW were there any hints in DP138?

Pokegirl16

Hikarifan
Hey guys I've got some pictures
I'm not sure if there were any real hints
I think Ash's mom and Dawn's mom were having a conversation
I'm not sure how the COD was related to Dawn
Ash blushed from something, not sure what

077-4.jpg

081-4.jpg

088-4.jpg

087-4.jpg

089-4.jpg

Ash seems to be imitating Dawn here or getting excited or something

090-6.jpg

091-4.jpg

WHOAAAAAAAAAAAA did he blush of embarassment or what?

037-4.jpg

038-5.jpg

404-3.jpg

Ash is happy

153-3.jpg

156-3.jpg

Brazillianguy

Wow! Seems like Satoshi got embarassed after doing something in front of Hikari and her mom! Yeah, Satoshi's mom and Hikari's mom talking to each other, this is like the first time it happened in the anime. I have to say that we are heading to a group of good episodes and I really expect good hints and developments for pearlshipping.

I hope his blushing was something releated to Hikari...

And, one more thing....I'd LOVE to see Hikari blushing..

Last edited:

redsoul411

Blast-burner
I wanna join too!
My Top 5 Pearlshipping Hints:
1. The song High Touch!
2. Dawn's over-enthusiastic approach to cheering Ash on
3. Buneary's crush over Pikachu
4. Ash defending Dawn when she is insulted by Ursula in 'Another One Gabite's The Dust!'
5. The two overlooking a school of Luvdisc in 'Hold the Phione!' - this last one's debatable but I like the idea of these quirky Pokémon traditions having some truth to it!

ccangelopearl1362

(raising eyebrow, then chuckling warmly) Greetings once more, fellow Pearlshippers, and allow me to congratulate pokefan#493 and WGCV23 for a steady job in getting this new thread up and running – and credit PKLegendHeroe for a laudable salute to the rest of us. I also see some new members here that I don’t recall from my first entry into the discussion about Ash and Dawn’s romantic friendship, as well as some more recent members from the past week. For the moment, however, I wish to offer the following answers in order to mark the renewal of my alliance with the Serebii Pearlshippers, with a certain presence in this fresh, new thread.:

Leave it to me to commend Ash and Dawn’s equality and similar thought processes as enhancing their effectiveness at promoting freedom and peace between not just each other, but also their Pokémon. These two trainers have spent a lot of time training with each other in pursuit of their respective goals, exchanging battling strategies and high-fives with each other. In the process, they have developed their own special catch phrase, one that should most certainly embody confidence, “No need to worry!”, and they seem to react the same way to any situation they confront together, whether they’re fleeing a Pokémon that has a penchant for possessing various appliances and bringing them to life, cheering for each other in any competition, or teaming up against an organization that attacked a research facility and stole two priceless orbs in order to bring about the end of the Pokémon world. This basic confidence between Ash and Dawn, even, nay, especially in the face of apocalyptic darkness, should prove most invaluable to these two kids and inspire the rest of us for the future.

What are your top five Pearlshipping hints?

Perhaps my most recent choices will be effective in communicating my overall interest in Ash and Dawn’s bond, as I stated in the last Pearlshipping thread.:

1. “High Touch” – This song summarizes Pearlshipping’s basic dynamic most impressively, communicating the joy that Ash and Dawn feel in being together with each other, even utilizing their standard high-five as its highlight.
2. Ash and Dawn’s ice cream date – It’s a simple moment between them, but I’d say that Ash and Dawn enjoyed each other’s company in the wake of Ash’s concern for Dawn in the wake of her Solaceon Contest loss.
3. Ash and Dawn’s battling partnership – One might guess here that the synchronization between their Pokémon can symbolize the synchronization between their personalities, so that Ash and Dawn are able to overcome any opponent they face together, no matter how exceptionally powerful said opponent, whether human or Pokémon (hint, hint), is.
4. Dawn’s cheerleading routine – I could never get tired of seeing Dawn go this far in cheering for Ash to win his gym battles, and perhaps Ash will be no less happy to see such a performance to boost his confidence… or even reciprocate with his own.
5. “Hold the Phione”, “Doc Brock” (tie) – Ash and Dawn looked like parents to their Pokémon kids as they looked out of that submarine to view those Phione, and they acted as such during Pachirisu’s electricity overload, with Ash’s concern for Dawn in the latter emphasizing that attribute even further.

Thus does my assessment of Ash and Dawn’s romantic friendship stand, based on the attributes I have sensed from the two of them together. They may be strong already as individual trainers, but how much more influential could they be as a couple? I trust that Ash and Dawn’s love will light the way to a future of sincere happiness and truth for them and their friends, and I will most certainly support that bond to the best of my ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.