• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiitard119

Wish I had more time to work on this but here's my Pearlshipping Day contribution :)

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/4167/pscopy.jpg

for some reason that picture made me laugh

and im not sure but i just wish dawn and ash will see who they like..
seriously, dawn is the best female protagonist ever, shes cute,nice, and charmful and ash is the same they are made for each other..

PKPrincess

Happy Pearlshipping Day!!! Sorry i couldn't post earlier 'cause i had v-ball practice and we have a game 2morrow. The pics PKLegendHeroe found r perfect 4 pearlshipping. Thanx 4 posting the pics. :)

Last edited:

ivanreal

Hysteria Clan Leader
HAPPY PEARLSHIPPING DAY everyone!! I like the Fan art that plxtreme made because it had kotone pair ash with dawn and it looked cute ^.^, enjoy the rest of Pearlshipping day!I liked everyones fanart btw ^.^

CrazedPochama

UxieWorshiper
Sonic Boom You DO know that exact scene happened in the 12th Movie said:
Yeah, I do know that happened in the 12th movie, but I was hoping it would happen in the the anime series, since the movies are considered "canon", but I DO wish it would happen again. Maybe, they should have Luvdiscs this time, since its the ocean :D ^_^

I just read the preview to DP149 on Bulbapedia and something caught my interest

Look at that last sentence, considering Ash hasnt had much interaction with Piplup you would assume its between Pikachu and Dawn to see who Ash likes better? And since this is after all the Kotone stuff does this mean another Pearlshipping episode? We are being so spoiled :D

That is interesting, since Piplup and Ash didn't exactly 'interact'. The only one that I can remember was in the Tangelgrowth episode, when Ash scolded Pikachu and Piplup for laughing at Mamoswine. And the feelings of the trainer ARE supposed to reflect those of the Pokemon, Dawn and Pikachu might be competing for Ash! ;D Also, Piplup is cose enough with dawn, to prove that theory true.. Let's just see what happens XD

Niker117

Our beloved endless-summer181 has made another drawing. I suggest you check it out.

it is kotone giving ash hints about what to do.

Cheers,
Nick

PKPrincess

Really?!! OMG!! i don't think Ashy-boy will know what she means though since he's so dense. 'cause he denser than ...uh... well u get my point; he's really dense. So Kotone has to tell him what 2 do.

Last edited:
★ HAPPY PEARLSHIPPING DAY ★

Wow, I cannot believe I almost forgot. ME. Of all people. *shoots self*

ANYWAY, I'll try to finish my latest chapter of my Pearl fic, but I don't know if I'll finish inB4 Pearl Day ends. >.< So, I'll settle for trying to write a one-shot instead before this glorious day ends. 8D

Here's a warning for some of you new people:

NO ONE-LINERS. 2-3 MORE SENTENCES, PLEASE.

/caps

I'm soo happy that so many people contributed to Pearl Day! Fanarts, posts, willful enthusiasm. But, could you all please give the tread a little rest? New posts almost every minute can get tiring. xD; Tone it down, please.

First post was updated with fanart and members' list. The AMV section needs to be more... lively. There's only one lonely one sitting there... Does anyone have any Pearl AMVs to contribute? Preferably ones that you, the user, made? Thanks alot for any ones sent in. ^^ Pearl needs s'more lovin'~

By the way, I think Marilyn needs to have her brain checked (for various reasons), because if she likes cute stuff, she should have at least melted when she saw Ash and Dawn together.
AWWWWWW, how cute! That is a win comment right there.

ffff, she should've melted. I know I would. Their relationship is so cute, cuter than any pokemon. Even Pikach-- *shot*

If there was Pearlshippiness in every episode, imagine the hate we'd get >x<. (even though there is, just not visible to anyone, you need special Pearlgoggles :3)

That also sums up Pearlshipping in more ways than one. =DDD

I believe you hit it spot-on, girl. Of course, only real Pearlshippers can see through all the battling and Pokemon catching and see the blossoming relationship that might or might not unfold in these next few episodes. ;)

If anyone want's to check out my Pearlshipping fic, look in my sig. :p *shot for advertisement*

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
LOL So Pearl day is coming to an End today D: Feck awwwwww so hmmmmmm( Hidden Move ) more fan arts I guess old and new ones yayayayayay

[IMG139]http://th05.deviantart.net/fs49/300W/f/2009/218/1/1/Pearlshipping_Contest_Entry_by_Kaumalat92.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://th03.deviantart.net/fs44/300W/i/2009/122/f/e/Pearlshipping_by_Kaumalat92.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://th08.deviantart.net/fs49/300W/i/2009/214/7/c/_100Theme____Deep_in_Thought_by_Endless_Summer181.png[/IMG139]

I found Pics on Devianart XP

If anyone want's to check out my Pearlshipping fic, look in my sig. :p *shot for advertisement*

This is advertisement : GO AND READ PAT-CHAN's FIC NAOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL JK XP.

Last edited:

PKPrincess

Sorry! told ya i can be stupid, its a mircle how im actually in advanced science. what do we do on pearlshipping day? 'cause i really don't know since i just joined like yesterday.

Last edited:

Niker117

Holy sausages at the new 2 fanarts.

I'm putting a link up to my page in Fanfiction.

Although the story is dead. it does have 3-something chapters, which will feed your thirst for pearlshipping for a while.

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1351859/

Anywho, Happy P-day for the 3rd time.

Cheers;
Nick

darklord18

[IMG139]http://th05.deviantart.net/fs49/300W/f/2009/218/1/1/Pearlshipping_Contest_Entry_by_Kaumalat92.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://th03.deviantart.net/fs44/300W/i/2009/122/f/e/Pearlshipping_by_Kaumalat92.png[/IMG139]

I found Pics on Devianart XP

Those are so good and Cute. wow. pearl end for me already but I still partying lol.

I believe you hit it spot-on, girl. Of course, only real Pearlshippers can see through all the battling and Pokemon catching and see the blossoming relationship that might or might not unfold in these next few episodes

yeah true. and there will be alot of hint for pearl in the next 3-4 episode.

and nice fan art Sylva that could be a good banner.

saw it, it look good.

anyway happy pearl day.

Brazillianguy

Sorry! told ya i can be stupid, its a mircle how im actually in advanced science. what do we do on pearlshipping day? 'cause i really don't know since i just joined like yesterday.

Generally, we celebrate with fanarts, happyness hehe or just sharing thoughts. Does this answer your question?

Welcome new members and welcome back old members.

Anyways, HAPPY PEARLSHIPPING DAY EVERYONE! It's still 10:20 pm in Brazil so it still counts.

I wish I could contribute with some fanart but I suck at drawing and I don't have much time to write, but I really liked your fanarts and fanfics, though I haven't read everything yet.
If it helps, I'm contributing with my hopes for pearlshipping, and happyness to be here.

If you could make only one pearlshipping episode for the Pokemon anime starting off where the last japanese episode came out, how would you plot it?

I'm just letting the writers do it =]- cause I'm really confident about how they and Kotone will develop Pearlshipping.

No bad feelings at all Niker =)

EDIT: Welcome back specially for PK. Good to see you again here, buddy, and thank you for the pics. I'm looking forward to Thursday.

Last edited:

PKPrincess

Thanx, Brazillianguy 4 answering my question 'cause idk how to do a lot here. btw r there more than 1 pearlshipping day(s)? Over here, its only 9:30 so there's still 2 and a half hours of 2day left.

Happy Pearlshipping day everyone! -throws confetti-
If you could make only one pearlshipping episode for the Pokemon anime starting off where the last japanese episode came out, how would you plot it?
Well, I guess it would have something to do Kotone :D Throw in Pikachu and Buneary, and she would be shooting off comments left and right.
I can't be the only one uneasy with this image, am I? Ash's eyes? Wow.
At first I didn't know what you meant, but rest assured, that type of laughter is too "Wow, you did a wonderful job at the battle" xD
Of course, only real Pearlshippers can see through all the battling and Pokemon catching and see the blossoming relationship that might or might not unfold in these next few episodes. ;)
...or might. :3 The tension is so mind-boggling I can't stand it! This is a "make it" or "break it" situation, either Dawn and Ash dismiss the whole thing and shrug it off their shoulders OR their "blossoming relationship" blossoms even more...It has come to that vital point. They have been partners, rivals, and most of all, great friends. It's only a matter of time, DUNDUNDUN.
Splendid fanarts Slyva and WGCV23 :) of course they have been saved to my never ending stash of Pearlshipping pics =DD

And sorry, I don't have any new things to contribute TT TT I'm a horrible author, my drawings resemble those of a chicken, and I haven't found any new Pearlshipping fanart, which is weird. Shouldn't there have been an abundant flow of Pearlshipping fan pics clogging the internet from the frequent uploads people SHOUlD have been making? Hehe, I didn't really mean that X3

Niker117

I also feel as though this is a Make or break situation.

Think about it, marines, Kotone just came in and HAMMERED the idea into Dawn, SOMETHING has to happen.

There is going to be a before and after these few episodes.

And for one reason, they are being shown in 2 episode packs.

I don't really know what to say, but the writers wouldn't make a new character ( other than to promote HG SS ) and add it into the anime if it weren't going to affect the plot somehow, besides they aren't CotWs...

I swear, that if they don't make at least some more SERIOUS hints so that we can shut those pearl-haters' mouths I'll personally murder each and every one of the writing staff.

Just kidding, but if they dare make kotone a cupid of love of two stupid Pokemon of the week i'll start wrapping a bomb and going to the airport in no time.

Cheers,
Nick

ccangelopearl1362

(laughing warmly and triumphantly at recent activity) Ah, good. Happy Pearlshipping Day-Japan 2009, fellow Pearlshippers, three years after this wondrous idea made its debut in Japan. One can safely assume that my overall assessment of the real strength behind Ash and Dawn’s romantic friendship stands strong today, based on the ideals and principles I’ve seen these two kids promote during their Sinnoh adventure, from friendship to equality, from freedom to enthusiasm. I wish to applaud PKLegendHeroe for finding those preview pictures – and taking note of the (slight) increase in Ash and Dawn’s happiness at their tirelessly cheerful high-five – but on the other hand, I find myself thinking of a sort of Ash/Dawn screenshot scavenger hunt, featuring my top five favorite scenes between these two trainers in the show. Hopefully, my choices remain as intentional as they have been, reflecting the moments that did the most to persuade me of Pearlshipping’s basic dynamic… in reverse order.:

[IMG139]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn120/Legend_heroe/dosmemonet2.jpg[/IMG139]
Photobucket: Legend Heroe: Ash and Dawn looking out at the Luvdisc with their Pokémon

[IMG139]http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr325/Hikari_Platina/Pearlshipping/SatoHika95.jpg[/IMG139]
Photobucket: Hikari Platina: Ash confused about Dawn’s sadness after her Solaceon loss

[IMG139]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn120/Legend_heroe/moviepic.jpg[/IMG139]
Photobucket: Legend Heroe: Ash and Dawn relieved atop the Space-Time Towers

[IMG139]http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn120/Legend_heroe/HighfiveDP.jpg[/IMG139]
Photobucket: Legend Heroe: Ash and Dawn’s first high-five at the Jubilife Contest

[IMG139]http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr325/Hikari_Platina/Pearlshipping/vlcsnap-82866.png[/IMG139]
Photobucket: Hikari Platina: Ash and Dawn alarmed about Dialga and Palkia’s role in Team Galactic’s apocalyptic evil

I will admit to having a special interest in Ash and Dawn’s encounters with some of Sinnoh’s legendary Pokémon to best fit their attributes, especially Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and Arceus, but I will and should be happy simply to have these two kids’ romantic friendship progress as it has, building upon the foundation that Pearlshipping has gained these past few years. Indeed, in consideration of Ash and Dawn’s personalities, I would actually consider the subtlety behind Pearlshipping to be commendable, in that Ash and Dawn might not necessarily be ones to think more directly about romance by itself to start with. If these two kids accept becoming an official couple, then by definition, they will have gained enough confidence in themselves and each other to take that step, no doubt to the applause of those who support their romantic friendship. It may be appropriate to conclude my reflections on this day with some comments about my perception of Ash and Dawn’s romantic friendship.:

How has your perception of Pearlshipping changed over the years?

I might find this a strange question at first as I think back to my overall argument supporting it. I am arguing and have argued that Ash and Dawn’s basic dynamic makes them an excellent couple through which Pokémon’s best attributes can be visible to us in the real world, but I find that that argument has proven to be simpler and even more dramatic at the same time. More often than not, I enjoy couples whose greatest strengths proved powerful enough to create futures of sincere peace and truth for their respective worlds. Ash and Dawn worked together to calm Dialga and Palkia down, then persuade Palkia to restore Alamos Town back to normal, and they also took care of Shaymin leading up to their encounter with Giratina and Zero. If what I sense of their encounter with Arceus holds up, then Ash and Dawn may have ended up influencing the future of the Pokémon world in ways that neither of them imagined. At the same time, their high-five adds an air of simplicity that can warm their souls if they find themselves needing some time to think about everything they’ve accomplished together. As long as Ash and Dawn can maintain this powerful bond between them, I will be delighted to keep my perception of Pearlshipping as it currently stands.

Last edited:

The Horizon

The Forgotten One
My first post in the new Pearlshipping thread. Been a long time too. Not sure if anybody remembers me from the previous thread, but I am here to wish everybody a Happy Pearlshipping Day. I see a lot of rookies here and only a few I recognize (ccangelo for one). Man I'm old. Moving on, I got a topic for you guys:

Discuss the current status of Pealshipping. How is it progressing? How does it compare to other ships alike or different?

Basically, you're talking about Pearlshipping as of right now. For me, it is going steady. There are a few hints here and there but nothing big or small. When the concept started it basically jumped right out and became public in a few days, much like Advanceshipping and Contestshipping. The difference is the approach of how it came to be. When Ash met Dawn, he requested her to join him and Brock on their journey. May, on the other hand, snuck her way to Ash, asking to join him just for an excuse to travel. Ash took the opportunity to mentor May in the way of Pokemon, despite May's initial behavior towards Pokemon in general. When it comes to these kinds of ships, it turns out to be all Ash (Pokeshipping may be a different story). Since when did he become such a pimp?

Just kidding, but if they dare make kotone a cupid of love of two stupid Pokemon of the week i'll start wrapping a bomb and going to the airport in no time.
So you weren't just kidding XD Take me with you! -revs up chainsaw-

Discuss the current status of Pealshipping. How is it progressing? How does it compare to other ships alike or different?
It's in "transition mode". We have to wait and see what will happen. Three years have gone by, building up the friendship of Ash and Dawn, up to it's peak. So it's kinda like this: They get of at a shaky start, have a steady relationship, their relationship escalates, then winds down (that time where the thread was dry), and finally it escalates to a point where it might potentially be non-platonic. Like I said, patience is virtue. And how does it compare to other ships? To all you pearl-haters...♪we got a notable shipper, we got a notable shipper♪,oogh what now?

Last edited:

wiitard119

first off right now its at the climax with kotone.
progressing: it would be going on a steadily rate no ups and downs.
well if you compare to major shipping(poke,advance)
its actually quite well since pokeshipping is like brother and sister and likewise only
one sided, Advanceshipping it used to be one of my favorite but since contestshipping or drew with may came out i lost hope.

for pearlshipping its actually one of the best shipping i have seen. and i will support it
till the end even if it fails or succeeds :O

Roboleon

ロビン
Happy Pearlshipping Day everyone!

Holy fudgenuggets it's busy in here. I can't even remember where I left my last post xD.
I can't believe Pearlshipping already existing for 3 years now :D. I'm really happy about the latest episode's
with Kotone as our Chief Pearlshipper. I really like the new high five scene with Ash and Dawn. They look so happy
and I am quite surprised about Ash his eyes. He seems so happy about something Dawn did.

Time to post my fanart then huh ^^*.
(It's an edit of a last upload I did there)

http://rvdijk91.deviantart.com/art/Pearlshipping-Day-138581966

Status
Not open for further replies.