• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopeful sleeper

carefree dreamer
Welcome all Pearlshippers!

Hey, I just noticed that some of you feel disappointed after today's episode, but really - from what I saw it was really good for pearlshipping. So try to watch on this more optimistically. That's why I'd like to feel about what PK0082 reported us.

Kotone was trying to be a cupid.
However, not for Satoshi x Hikari, but for Kazunari x Hikari

I don't have much to say in that case since I don't know details. At first glance it can't look too good. But remeber DP144, it's unlikely Kotone has just changed her mind. So I don't think she wanted to SERIUOSLY break up DawnxAsh 'cause...

"Ah, like me and Kazunari..."

That's it! So it seems she really likes Kazunari and has no interest to pair Dawn with him, whew...

Here's why Hikari and Satoshi fought;
- Satoshi runs after Gible recklessly and almost gets sunk into Sandtrap.
- Kazunari saves him
- Hikari gets angry and tells Satoshi that he should not act so recklessly. (She was worried about Satoshi)
- Satoshi fights back. =P

So, as it's noticed Dawn worries for Ash...and what about Ash fighting back? Well, he wouldn't be himself if he hadn't a quarrel sometimes...And we all know he doesn't like to be admonished somehow.
So I don't consider it as a bad point especially as Dawn had really important reason to start the whole thing...there's no comparison to Ash's childish, pointless arguments with previous girls, in my opinion.

Satoshi goes to lost Hikari

Exactly! Did you see Dawn's reaction when Ash found her at last in the cave?

Oh and What happend to Satoshi and Hikari at the end of EP? (Too bad I couldn't capture better image)

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/gb02.jpg[/img139]

oh, this screen is really edifying

Kotone: "Hikarin looks cute!! Cutest in this room! Don't you think so Satoshi?"
Satoshi: "Of course Hikari is the best!"
Kotone: "... Satoshi doesn't get it huh."
Takeshi: "Hikari too."

Hah, typical answer of Ash's...well,in spite of there are voices that Ash matured a bit during the series...he's still dense after all.

Yeah, he's still dense...but is it a wrong point at this moment? No! Why?

Well, some of you (hah, me too, Don't delude ourselves) would like pearlshippings to become reality as soon as possible, wanted great, soild hints...but wait a minute.

It just isn't supposed to happen NOW. It wouldn't make any sense
It needs time.
We are still far away from DP series' end so there are still many things before us.
And I believe that really can happen because writers have come VERY VERY far. If PearlShipping won't be followed it will be A BIG INCONSISTENCY from writers.

All that Dawn and Ash need is some sort of a sign which would lead them to thought they really can make a couple. For Dawn - to realize that Ash is her true match and For Ash - to brake his denseness/ignorance/unaware.

And I'm HOPEFUL something like that will really happen

And I want to repeat after PK0082: Never loose faith in your favorite couple!

BlueDragonfangirl

Wo, the contest episode sounds shippy for us. YAY for Kotone and Brock being Pearlshippers ^^

CrazedPochama

UxieWorshiper
Here's the report.
DP 145 was totally shipping episode.

First things first.

Kotone was trying to be a cupid.
However, not for Satoshi x Hikari, but for Kazunari x Hikari

That's right, she tried to break up Satoshi and Hikari. =P

She almost succeeds.
Satoshi and Hikari had a biggest fight in DP anime history.

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/gb01-1.jpg[/img139]

While it looked like it was going to be all over for Satoshi x Hikari,
This happens.
Kotone suddenly realizes something while seeing Satoshi and Hikari's fight.
She finds out that Satoshi and Hikari are acting just like Kotone herself and Kazunari

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/gb04-1.jpg[/img139]
喧嘩するほど仲が良い!
"They really fight hard like they are really close!"

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/gb02-1.jpg[/img139]
*Kotone looks at Kazunari*

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/gb00-1.jpg[/img139]
あ、私とカズナリも…
"Ah, like me and Kazunari..."

ADD
Here's why Hikari and Satoshi fought;
- Satoshi runs after Gible recklessly and almost gets sunk into Sandtrap.
- Kazunari saves him
- Hikari gets angry and tells Satoshi that he should not act so recklessly. (She was worried about Satoshi)
- Satoshi fights back. =P

After that, four goes into cave where Gible is.
By some confusion, all four gets seperated; however, each boys searches and finds their respective partner;
Satoshi goes to lost Hikari, and Kazunari goes to Kotone who also is lost.

So yeah. While Kotone wasn't pearlshipping cupid like we all have thought and hoped, she still acknowledged that Satoshi and Hikari are couple.

Oh and What happend to Satoshi and Hikari at the end of EP? (Too bad I couldn't capture better image)

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/gb02.jpg[/img139]
^_^

ADD2
Okay, this conversation was in Contest episode =P
When they find dressed up Hikari in waiting room;

コトネ 「ヒカリン可愛い!この中で一番よっ!サトシもそう思うでしょ?」
サトシ 「もちろんヒカリが一番だぜ!」
コトネ 「・・・サトシわかってないわよね」
タケシ 「ヒカリもかなぁ」
*ハイタッチ*
コトネ 「・・・似た者同士ってことね」

Kotone: "Hikarin looks cute!! Cutest Best in this room! Don't you think so Satoshi?"
Satoshi: "Of course Hikari is the best!"

*Satoshi and Hikari does High touch*

Kotone: *watches* "...they really are alike."

It's official. Takeshi and Kotone looks at them as a couple =P

Hikari lost contest because Mamoo went outrage.
It totally reminded me of Satoshi losing the match because Charizard wouldn't listen to him.

Another similarity ha.
------------------------------------------------------
To summarize the hints,

Gible Episode:

- Kotone trys to break up Satoshi x Hikari. (as if she thinks of them as a couple)
- Hikari yells at Satoshi for not being careful and putting himself in danger.
- Kotone realizes how close herself is to Kazunari after seeing Satoshi and Hikari. (Satoshi and Hikari being a model couple?)
- Each boys goes around and finds their respective "partner" when four are separated in the cave. (Satoshi -> Hikari, Kazunari -> Kotone)

Contest Episode:

- Satoshi and Hikari does high touch when everyone is looking.
- Kotone talks about how cute Hikari looks in her dress, and asks Satoshi what he thinks about it. (Satoshi does agree that Hikari looks great)
- Kotone and Takeshi points out that Satoshi and Hikari doesn't seem to realizes how close they are.
- Hikari loses the contest because her powerful pokemon Mamoo goes out of control (Similar to how Satoshi lost matches because his powerful Charizard doesn't obey him)

WOW!! Kotone must have something against Dawn! I still don't really understand why she was that into breaking theme up.. But, oh well! Pearlshipping FTW! I think it was cute how Dawn was worried for Ash! Come to think of it, Ash and Dawn didn't exactly have that many arguments, compared to the many that May and Misty had. In the 'Doc Brock' Dawn started the argument, but Ash wasn't really in the mood to argue with her.. So far, I still think this is the best argument they had. It really makes Dawn look like a worried wife :D

In the contest episode, I thought it was interesting how BOTH Brock and Kotone viewed Ash and Dawn as a couple. Ash was dense as always XD Now, ireally makes me want to think, why the writers are doing this--making Ash and Dawn alike, and how now other characters are starting to notice their similarities. Maybe Pearlshipping, is destined to happen?

Niker117

As dissapointed I am about kotone being a cupid of KAZUNARI and Dawn... I'm glad that the situation turned around.

look, I'll be honest with everyone.

I simply want to murder the writers ( like I said ) but it is true, we still got some pearl hints, a huge fight between them, and we still have the tag episode...

And woots at brock being a pearlshipper...

aaanyhow, I just woke up from the party I went to...

Cheers,
Nick

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Why do you support pearlshipping?

I support Pearlshipping because when I first saw Dawn winks at Ash, I've kind of figure that she kind of like him. Not to mention admire his success. Ash seems to like her as well. Despite his cluelessness, he concerned about Dawn's well-being like protecting her from dawn like saving dawn from Mamoswine running to her for example. And since Dawn's Buneary have crush on Ash's Pikachu, their friendship seems to become stronger.

rioT6296

a girl who dreams (:
I think that the episodes DP145 and DP146 were really good for us pearlshippers, and I'm so glad that there are some notable pearlshippers now! (though I was disappointed when I found out Kotone was actually trying to be cupid for Kazunari and Hikari, does anyone know why Kotone was trying to be cupid for them?)

It was cute at how Dawn was worried for Ash and argued with him about it, it just shows how much she cares for him ^^. And I'm glad in the end everything turned out good, and I'm glad Kotone realized how strong of a bond Ash and Dawn had with each other.

DP146 sounded like it was good too. Brock finally becomes a Pearlshipper, yay! I hope he and Kotone will do the same thing(s) Harley and Caroline did for Contestshipping. And Ash was being dense [as usual] when Kotone asked him if he thought Dawn was the cutest in the room...but that wasn't a bad thing. Even though he replied in a dense, thick-headed way by saying "Of course Hikari is the best!", I think he actuallyagreed with Kotone...but in his own thick-headed way! xD

I think the writers actually want Pearlshipping to happen, just like Contestshipping. They are developing it really slowly, but are still doing a good job with it :D Because of all these Kotone episodes, my hopes for Pearlshipping to become canon are now very HIGH, and I think Pearlshipping does have a very good chance of actually becoming canon!

I hope the writers will make the next few episodes have some more Pearlshipping hints in them as well.

Why do you support Pearlshipping?

I support Pearlshipping because it seems...special [to me]. And I believe that it has the potential to become canon (because of all these Kotone episodes xD). The hints stand out to me, and they have a strong friendship with each other that could turn into something more. They also seem so perfect for each other, and it's just so cute :)

Satoshifangirl

I think that the episodes DP145 and DP146 were really good for us pearlshippers, and I'm so glad that there are some notable pearlshippers now! (though I was disappointed when I found out Kotone was actually trying to be cupid for Kazunari and Hikari, does anyone know why Kotone was trying to be cupid for them?)

It was cute at how Dawn was worried for Ash and argued with him about it, it just shows how much she cares for him ^^. And I'm glad in the end everything turned out good, and I'm glad Kotone realized how strong of a bond Ash and Dawn had with each other.

DP146 sounded like it was good too. Brock finally becomes a Pearlshipper, yay! I hope he and Kotone will do the same thing(s) Harley and Caroline did for Contestshipping. And Ash was being dense [as usual] when Kotone asked him if he thought Dawn was the cutest in the room...but that wasn't a bad thing. Even though he replied in a dense, thick-headed way by saying "Of course Hikari is the best!", I think he actuallyagreed with Kotone...but in his own thick-headed way! xD

I think the writers actually want Pearlshipping to happen, just like Contestshipping. They are developing it really slowly, but are still doing a good job with it :D Because of all these Kotone episodes, my hopes for Pearlshipping to become canon are now very HIGH, and I think Pearlshipping does have a very good chance of actually becoming canon!

I hope the writers will make the next few episodes have some more Pearlshipping hints in them as well.

I support Pearlshipping because it seems...special [to me]. And I believe that it has the potential to become canon (because of all these Kotone episodes xD). The hints stand out to me, and they have a strong friendship with each other that could turn into something more. They also seem so perfect for each other, and it's just so cute :)

I think maybe Kotone wanted Ash for herself so Dawn wouldn't stand in the way or is this just stupid what i'm saying :p?

I never ever thought that Brock would see them as a couple. When i readed that i was really shocked! 8|

Dawn being angry and jelling at Ash because she was worried made me aww too like she really cares about him :D Though why did Ash scream back :O? She was just worried :p

Also never though Ash would agree with Kotone about Dawn being the cutest/best girl in the room even though he didn't get it :p

Well this was just a beginning:p let's see what happends in DP 147 and in their farwell scene(i bet there will be something pearlshippy in that scene:p)

I didn't support this at first since i thought this would be the same as poke and advanced but pearl is really growing on me for quite a while let's see how it will turn out :)

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer

I agree. Its looks like Kotone trying to pair Dawn and Kazunari. This comes to show that Dawn worried about him and argue at the same time and its not looking good as they fight. But then again, Kotone seems to realize how close of the bond of Ash and Dawn have. In the cave, Dawn was relief that she found Ash. I may not know why Kotone trying to pair Dawn and Kazunari. But my guess is that Kotone probably wants Ash to be with her. After all she admires his bravery as was confirmed on Bulbapedia. But I'm glad that it worked out in the end.

In the Surien Contest episode, Ash and Dawn giving each other a high five as their support with each other. Kotone asks Ash if Dawn was the cutest. Well according to translations, he say that Dawn was the best in the room. Seems that Ash made some sweet comment about Dawn to Kotone despite of him being clueless.

polo150

Diehard Pearlshipper
Hello Guys!! lot of activity on the forum 2day as i can see. so heres my view of things

WHAT THE HELL!!! I thought you were on our side Kotone… Why you had to do that to us… that’s not cool. At least she realized that she and Kazunari were much closer than what she thought at first. And she’s still there so maybe she’ll get on our side and help us… she’s actually the only one who has influence over Ash and Dawn so… She on the good way as we saw in the second episode (DP146) she did tried to see Ash’s reaction when she ask her the good question.

I’m actually upset at Ash though. I had some hope that Ash would be a lil less dense than he was in Once in a Mawile or with Anabel… No it’s still same old Ash, as dense as before. The True problem is Dawn. It seems that she’s better but not that much. I mean, I think what Brock said (THAT’S a hint, Brock the pearlshipper!!) :
Well it could be a problem. They actually both seem blind regarding their actual friendship, which is the foundation of their future relationship. But still, No need to worry, there is still plenty of time for them to realize that.

Of course pearlshipping material still lacks the ultimate proof, an obvious clear hint from either Dawn or Ash, namely a super-awkward reaction or a blushing scene, but seeing how blatantly the writers have started validating this ship, there is a very good reason to expect something majestic to happen sooner or later.

It just isn't supposed to happen NOW. It wouldn't make any sense
It needs time.
We are still far away from DP series' end so there are still many things before us.
And I believe that really can happen because writers have come VERY VERY far. If PearlShipping won't be followed it will be A BIG INCONSISTENCY from writers.

True we are still lacking a Spontaneous Combusken! (Watch it if you never saw it, it’s probably the biggest shipping episode even if its contest, it makes us understand the way the writers think) But remember THE shipping episode was only at the end. Like Hopeful Sleeper said (and I thought about it also before I even saw what he wrote) I don’t think they’ll Canonize a MAJOR ship like that ‘til the end of the show. It would have too much influence on the show itself and they don’t want to lose watchers. But still I have good hopes that it will happen at the end (maybe even the perfect situation I wrote in my last post... that would be insane:D). I mean, that's not only filling episodes... if they introduced that, well there's a reason for it!

So that pretty much it for me today :D think I said enough. Still I’m kind of happy with the new 2 episodes. I was really mad at first but then but you made me realize (with your everlasting enthusiasm ;) ) that there were some good side to that. It keeps improving and hint shouldn’t stop as long as Kotone is there. And the last high five was REALLY cute!

Hope you don't consider that a one-liner

Last edited:

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
Well Today is been the worse to me D: Downloading MSN again to >> , plus School stuff

But still Today's Episode were good considering Pearlshipping :

Well in DP 145 maybe Kotone was trying to get Satoshi Jealous :O if not still the fight was really lol , but they made out again that fast and Satoshi looking for her in da Cave was really cute and sweet ^^.

IN DP 146 was more interesting as it seems from the looks of it :O . Nice to see that Brock kinda supports Pearlshipping and how Kotone saw them do another High Touch ^^ . Episdoes were great

BlueDragonfangirl

I like how slow these writers are taking on Pearlshipping, they didn't just jump into it like they did with Pokeshipping and Advancedshipping. I think we have more of a chance now. Maybe next weeks episode will have Kotone opean up Dawns eyes more about Ash since Kotone now realizes she likes that other guy. I think she was confused at first, which guy she wanted so she tried pairing up the other one with Dawn. Now she knows which one she likes and sees Ash and Dawn as a cute couple. I'm so glad Brocks a Pearlshipper now too, maybe hey'll be hitting us with hints later on like saying you two argue some times like an old married couple.

PKPrincess

OMFG!!! why did Kotone do that?! but Brock is a pearlshipper now so we're sorta even and Kotone switched from being cupid 4 herself and Ash to pearl. 2 bad Dawn doesn't realize how strong their relationship is and Ashy-boy is as dense as ever.

Brazillianguy

1- The episodes were better than I thought.

2- This doesn't mean that Kotone will not be a Pearlshipping supporter for the next episodes. Now she knows how Satoshi and Hikari act as a couple and she might will act as a cupid for the next episode. The narrator is not so stupid, of course making a question is a sarcastic way to show that Kotone will be a cupid of love, for her and Kazunari, and for Satoshi and Hikari. Don't be silly, the narrator knows everything, and mentioning that talking about Kazunari and Hikari? N-O-T A-T A-L-L.

3- Kotone likes Kazunari the same way Satoshi and Hikari like each other. She even made a comparison. Another reason for us to trust her.

4- That little conversation between Takeshi and Kotone doesn't need more coments. Takeshi's already realised how close Satoshi and Hikari are- thinking about them as a couple. AND TAKESHI IS NOT LEAVING.

5- Couldn't be more shippy. Guys, the couple idea is getting CONSCIENTLY in their minds just now, in a perfect moment. What were you waiting for? A kiss? Why are you complaining? Only a donkey wouldn't realise that the Gible's episode was a "2 couple hangin' out and 'discovering' their love".

6- Thank you PK0082, thank you very much.

eryyy

Ace Trainer
I finally got around to making a user name.. yayy for me!
Can I please join this discussion? I just love Pearlshipping and I think Ash and Dawn are so meant to be. Please?

What Do You Like About PearlShipping?

Why do I begin?

Well, for starters, when I see a picture of them together, I automatically think 'aren't they the perfect couple or what?'! They look so cute together.

It just feels right to me. I personally think that Pokeshipping is more of a brother/sister relationship and Advanceshipping is more of a student/teacher relationship. I honestly couldn't see Ash and Dawn with anyone else other then each other.

I just love the fact that they have such a deep bond; no one, except for Pikachu, is as close to Ash as Dawn is. They're so like seriously inseparable. Not to mention, I just love 'High Touch', the opening sung by their Japanese voice actors, which show how close Ash and Dawn are to each other.

I could go on for hours on what I love most about this pairing. I just love it! :)

Last edited:
Kotone's real intentions caught me off-guard (when I read PK0082's post). Where did she get the idea that Hikari and Kazunari would make a cute couple?! Maybe she was getting the competition (being Hikari) away from Satoshi so she can have him for herself, since she probably sensed that they were close. But, now that she realizes how couple-like they are together and how close they are, she'll hopefully start pairing them together, being the self-proclaimed cupid of love that she is, and focus more on her relationship with Kazunari. ;)

The contest ep was awesome and cute, especially when Satoshi said that Hikari was the best (in his dense way..). But, the fact that he probably meant the best coordinator of them all was adorable. ^^ He really thinks highly of her, huh? And when they started fighting, that was a little put-off for me, but Kotone's realization made it all that much better. xD

The high-five in DP 146 was <3 Everytime they do that, I do a little fangirl squealgive a big smile. They're so cute! And I'm really looking forward to the Tag battle episode (DP 147) next week. I'm sure there'll be Pearlshippy moments as it's Satoshi and Hikari paired up together. ;D

Welcome all new members! I'll make sure to update the first post. Have fun! Oh, and thanks again, PK0082, for the information on the latest Pearlshippy news. :3

Last edited:
Thanks PK0082 for the awesomest of info :3

And despite the disappointment of some, I really enjoyed the episodes. Did anyone actually think that Ash and Dawn were going to hook up? They're not ready for that type of relationship. Besides, slow and steady wins the race :D

I think it was cute how Dawn was super tremendously worried about Ash X3 They actually had a fight, hard to believe, but they did. And it's about time they did, because making up makes it all worth it...
And I'm not angry with Kotone. She was a Pearlshipper, she just didn't know it. You still rockin', Kotone.

Like Brazillianguy said, this episode couldn't get more shippier. <3 How could we not be happy? We were happy even when Pearlshipping was completely void of notable interactions (everything is notable, but you get my point).

Wrapping up, Pearlshipping scored:
1. The first canonical evidence ever
2. Two important Pearlshippers
3. ...one of them being Ash's best friend
4. A million paranoid non-believers

Is it just me, or does anyone think it's extremely cute that both Ash and Dawn are as dense as pure metal? Like, they have no romantic knowledge whatsoever. (referring to what Brock said)

Last edited:
Is it just me, or does anyone think it's extremely cute that both Ash and Dawn are as dense as pure metal? Like, they have no romantic knowledge whatsoever. (referring to what Brock said)

Not just you, my friend. I find that to be extremely cute, too. I mean, two clueless people who don't know how close they are, that IS adorable. :3

I always thought of that to be another similarity, not in what they've done or how they did stuff, but similar in personality. Because of how close and how much they are alike (personality wise), I feel that their relationship can gain more steps more easily and create a foundation for Pearlshipping. Who wants to see a relationship rushed and out of the blue? Not me, of course. Love develops, not spontaneously appear out of nowhere (unless it's that "love at first sight" kinda love. But it's not everyday that that happens to 10-11 year olds)

wiitard119

hmm the dp 145-146 was actually pretty good in my opinion.
the pearlship moments were in there, its just you have to understand japanese alot
to understand..
(im just more disappointed ash didnt get gible)...
anyways yeah those episodes were really fantastic..

VoltTacklingPika

Well I was only dissapointed by what I could gather from the info PK0082 gave us here. I haven't actually seen the episodes yet and, despite not being able to understand Japanese, I would be able to see all the shippy moments and judge for myself better.

It really is. I think what most of us are hoping for is that both of them display more romantic feelings - or show signs of having those feelings but not knowing how to show them. To me, that is one of the possible outcomes of these Kotone episodes.

hopeful sleeper

carefree dreamer
Wasn't also Brock a contestshipper? As far as I remember there was an episode at the end of AG series (probably Kanto GF) when Ash, Brock, Drew, and Max were watching May's performance, Drew remarked on May and Brock said:
"come on Drew, why don't you tell (May) what you really feel"...or something like that.

So yes, having Brock on our side is really a great news.

I think what most of us are hoping for is that both of them display more romantic feelings - or show signs of having those feelings but not knowing how to show them. To me, that is one of the possible outcomes of these Kotone episodes.

I wouldn't expect it from Ash...at least not now...But I hope there will be something what help him open
his eyes at last...

I also want to notice that Dawn isn't so clueless when it comes to love IN GENERAL. Though, as it is said, she still didn't uncover how close she is to Ash. Hopefully Kotone (or even Brock? sooner or later) will do something what helps her understand it.

As far as I know a tag battle episode will be aired in two weeks...so we're supposed to wait longer...but I hope it will be worth waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.