• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopazPikachu

Dotchi ~ Nyo? =3
Welcome all Pearlshippers!

Hey, I just noticed that some of you feel disappointed after today's episode, but really - from what I saw it was really good for pearlshipping. So try to watch on this more optimistically. That's why I'd like to feel about what PK0082 reported us.

I don't have much to say in that case since I don't know details. At first glance it can't look too good. But remeber DP144, it's unlikely Kotone has just changed her mind. So I don't think she wanted to SERIUOSLY break up DawnxAsh 'cause...

That's it! So it seems she really likes Kazunari and has no interest to pair Dawn with him, whew...

So, as it's noticed Dawn worries for Ash...and what about Ash fighting back? Well, he wouldn't be himself if he hadn't a quarrel sometimes...And we all know he doesn't like to be admonished somehow.
So I don't consider it as a bad point especially as Dawn had really important reason to start the whole thing...there's no comparison to Ash's childish, pointless arguments with previous girls, in my opinion.

Exactly! Did you see Dawn's reaction when Ash found her at last in the cave?

oh, this screen is really edifying

Hah, typical answer of Ash's...well,in spite of there are voices that Ash matured a bit during the series...he's still dense after all.

Yeah, he's still dense...but is it a wrong point at this moment? No! Why?

Well, some of you (hah, me too, Don't delude ourselves) would like pearlshippings to become reality as soon as possible, wanted great, soild hints...but wait a minute.

It just isn't supposed to happen NOW. It wouldn't make any sense
It needs time.
We are still far away from DP series' end so there are still many things before us.
And I believe that really can happen because writers have come VERY VERY far. If PearlShipping won't be followed it will be A BIG INCONSISTENCY from writers.

All that Dawn and Ash need is some sort of a sign which would lead them to thought they really can make a couple. For Dawn - to realize that Ash is her true match and For Ash - to brake his denseness/ignorance/unaware.

And I'm HOPEFUL something like that will really happen

And I want to repeat after PK0082: Never loose faith in your favorite couple!

Nice to see an optimistic Pearlshipper! I totally agree with you, I really didn't expect the writers to be making Kotone pair up Hikari with Kazunari but from the looks of it, It was pretty unsucessful. I did think it was cute Hikari telling off Ash for being reckless but since Ash is Ash he can't help getting into an argument. And as Hopeful sleeper said, Ash isn't Ash if he doesn't retaliate.

Some of you might be kinda disapointed about the last eps but I like the way the writers are planning this, it's getting shipper WITHOUT ramming it down our thoats, I mean from first glance HikariXKazunari doesn't look promising but as Kotone said: "They really fight hard like they are close, Ah like me and Kazunari.." (Speaking of that.. did you see what her face was like when she said that? Her eyes were all glittery.. like she realised something? XP)

Kotone: "Hikarin looks cute!! Best in this room! Don't you think so Satoshi?"
Satoshi: "Of course Hikari is the best!"
Kotone: "... Satoshi doesn't get it huh."
Takeshi: "Hikari too."

*Satoshi and Hikari does High touch*

Kotone: *watches* "...they really are alike."

Okay if that's not canon then tell me.. what is? Noone can deny that! Noone I say!! Now that we have Brock on our side NOTHING will stop us!
So I'm thinking the Tag Battle ep's gonna be pretty big for us.. I know it! And as Hopeful sleeper said: It needs time...plus I bet the writers are getting a kick out of watching Pearlshippers go crazy for this stuff so they're not putting too much at a time.. (I wonder what the Pearlshippers of Japan thought of this ep?)

ST8

Fourth Gen Veteran
I was kinda disappointed by the two latest episodes but this just means we can keep on speculating on what lies ahead.

By the way to all those people who said Ash is dense why’ll he doesn’t show much romantic emotion he has managed to work out strategies to earn him 35 gym badges, all 7 frontier symbols, a champions title in one of the 4 pokémon leagues and you still think that he’s stupid? I beg to differ.

Also just think of what lies ahead for Ash and Dawn? Both of them still need 1 more badge/ribbon respectively. Once they reach the Sinnoh League/ Grand Festival they’ll have to face of with many of their rivals. Ash will have to face Barry, Paul, perhaps Sho and Nando. Dawn will also have to face Nando, Zoey, Kenny, Ursula and perhaps Jessie and Lila (Johanna’s old rival). As well as that their relationship is sure to grow yet further as they near their goals!!!!

hopeful sleeper

carefree dreamer
By the way to all those people who said Ash is dense why’ll he doesn’t show much romantic emotion he has managed to work out strategies to earn him 35 gym badges, all 7 frontier symbols, a champions title in one of the 4 pokémon leagues and you still think that he’s stupid? I beg to differ.

I'm not sure if I understood you clearly...But those are obviously two different things. Nobody argues about Ash's battling-skills. His stupidity relates only to romance. But we all hope it will change someday. Honestly, it would be stupid if Ash had remained still the same during the series. Main character needs to be dynamic. And the only thing that's supposed to be changed is Ash's view (maybe rather its lack) of things related to love.
It will be a shame if it won't happen

As well as that their relationship is sure to grow yet further as they near their goals!!!!

And this is also what we want to happen. Really, Dawn seems to be closest to Ash from all of anime characters (maybe expect of his mother, obviously, but it doesn't matter in that case).

So writers! I hope you know that you cannot say A without saying B!

polo150

Diehard Pearlshipper
Heyhey! So we are all looking forward for tomorrow’s episode on Cartoon Network (even if we already know what will happen…). So here’s my post of the day:
First, Explosion Hurts is right, next episode is going to be in 2 weeks, October 15 to be precise. They make us wait and I hate that:(

Secondly;
Wasn't also Brock a contest shipper? As far as I remember there was an episode at the end of AG series (probably Kanto GF) when Ash, Brock, Drew, and Max were watching May's performance, Drew remarked on May and Brock said:
"come on Drew, why don't you tell (May) what you really feel"...or something like that.
So yes, having Brock on our side is really a great news.

You are right, that was actually from Spontaneous Combusken, I think that’s the only major shipping that Brock was considered a shipper so Brock the pearlshipper is really good for us.

So, I was just wondering:
What do you think will happen at the end of the following seasons of D&P saga regarding Pearlshipping? I mean, they already confirmed that there won’t be another generation (yea no generation 5. that sucks) so what are, of your opinion (tell me if you think I’m wrong but more importantly, tell us what you think) the option for the future of the anime and of pearlshipping.

Personally, I think there are 3 possibilities.
First, maybe they will canonize pearlshipping at the end of the current saga and that they will introduce a new region without adding new Pokemon but just doing a mix of the current ones.
In that saga, Dawn would be there with Ash (as a couple!!) and Brock would let them together. There, they would find a young trainer (probably a boy) and he would travel with them.

The second possibility is that they do canonize pearlshipping at the end but decide to end the anime after the current saga and they only wait until the very end to put a nice “kiss on the cheek scene”:D. Don’t panic there will probably still be the end of this season + one or two more season to D&P saga so the end is not THAT close.

The last possibility is that they want to continue the anime but are afraid to canonize an Ashyshipping because some people wouldn’t like it, so they decide to semi-canonize penguinshipping like they did with contest (I must agree contest had more shippers than penguin though) and Ash decide to travel in a new region. It’s actually pretty much the same scenario as the first one but with Brock (again) instead of Dawn.

Whith what just happened, it is actually making me think the 1st and 2nd option are more plausible because there would be no point in making the last 3 episodes to air if their idea is to canonize penguinshipping(which is KennyxDawn for those who don't know).
The first one would be actually really nice so hope the writers are reading this:D

hopeful sleeper

carefree dreamer
Well, it's very hard to predict what will happen but I can see certain circumstances to believe that things will turn out as we wanted them to. I'll try to take a position of possibilities suggested by Polo.

So:

First, maybe they will canonize pearlshipping at the end of the current saga and that they will introduce a new region without adding new Pokemon but just doing a mix of the current ones.
In that saga, Dawn would be there with Ash (as a couple!!) and Brock would let them together. There, they would find a young trainer (probably a boy) and he would travel with them.

It would be great but..at least it DOESN'T SEEM likely. You see...if this had happened we'd have a major couple in the series of the anime traveling through region...It would be something completely new and the writers will think it would be too much. Remember what they did with Contestshipping... they basically canonized it and separated May and Drew form main cast.

The second possibility is that they do canonize pearlshipping at the end but decide to end the anime after the current saga and they only wait until the very end to put a nice “kiss on the cheek scene”:D. Don’t panic there will probably still be the end of this season + one or two more season to D&P saga so the end is not THAT close.

In my opinion, this is MORE likely. Really, Ash is in the anime for 600+episodes...I think that he (as well as Dawn and Brock) can be replaced with a completely new character who will start their journey traveling through
well-known regions. In my opinion, generation 5 doesn't have to mean that we will have to deal with new pokemon, a new region etc. Generation 5 might rather be "a very new beginning". This is how I see that:

Ash ended up with Dawn --->Dawn and Ash leave the show being together--->D&P (or whatever)ends--->generation 5 with new main characters, new plot, however, with the same regions.

The last possibility is that they want to continue the anime but are afraid to canonize an Ashyshipping because some people wouldn’t like it, so they decide to semi-canonize penguinshipping like they did with contest (I must agree contest had more shippers than penguin though) and Ash decide to travel in a new region. It’s actually pretty much the same scenario as the first one but with Brock (again) instead of Dawn.

This is really what I'm afraid of but honestly...If writers had done this, it would be exactly the same what they did with Contestshipping and it would be pretty lame if they had repeated the same thing.
And sentence says: You can never enter the same river twice.

To sum up, Pearlshippings has really good evidence to consider it to be canonize in the future.
Just take a look...High fives, an opening song, the whole friendship, Kotone, Brock...is it all supposed to be...in vain? No! it wouldn't make any sense!

Writers are bound by what they did so far.
Writers can't be inconsistent.
Writers have to end Ash's plot somehow. He can't be forever 10-years old childish boy who constantly travel through different regions.

And it all leads to conclusion that PearlShipping is something what really can come out from D&P.

Believe. Because faith can cause miracles.

CrazedPochama

UxieWorshiper
What do you think will happen at the end of the following seasons of D&P saga regarding Pearlshipping? I mean, they already confirmed that there won’t be another generation (yea no generation 5. that sucks) so what are, of your opinion (tell me if you think I’m wrong but more importantly, tell us what you think) the option for the future of the anime and of pearlshipping.

When you say this, is Pokemon going to end forever, after the Johto Battle Frontier?
I think Pokemon should end, we have to face it.. The series is getting long.. I just hope they have Dawn as the last girl traveling with Ash. If Pokemon were to end, I agree that they should canonize Pearlshipping. Maybe have a 'future' scene, with Ash and Dawn grown up and all! :D I am not trying to ruin anybody's dreams, or hopes, but I am not sure the 'kiss on the cheek' scene will happen.. I just can't imagine that happening with two '10 year olds'. It was different for Latias/ Bianca, since Latias is a Pokemon, and Bianca is older than Ash, but that's just my opinion, don't take it seriously, it might just happen. ^__^

I saw DP145 and DP146, and I must say, Kotone did a good job for Pearlshipping; despite tying to put Dawn and Kazunari together. I thought it was interesting that Brock believed that Ash and Dawn were a couple.. He didn't say anything like that for Pokeshipping, despite the a;; the hints, and other people questioning Ash and Misty's relationship.

The Spear Tower Episode is coming up soon, based on the preview, what Pearlshipping hints do you expect?

I think they will team up and fight Cyrus, with the legendaries helping them. In the end, there could be a sunset, and Ash and Dawn could smile as the legendaries retreat, thinking about their plans for the future. ;D

Niker117

Guys, as much as I think they'll pull off a Card Captor Sakura on us, there is no reason to give up hope, anyways, they don't have to kiss, they just have to make it canon, the rest of us fanfic writers are here to give you lemon and stuff.

Don't worry if they don't kiss, as long as they make it CANON.

Cheers;
Nick

PKPrincess

Finally, the eps came out! they're probably going to go to battle frontier together, so u don't have to worry. those were great hints; thanx PK0082.
The Spear Pillar Episode is coming up soon, based on the preview, what Pearlshipping hints do you expect?
i haven't even seen the preview and don't know what to expect, but some good pearlshipping hints.

Last edited:
He is quite the talented young man ^_~ And most definitely not stupid (at times) But, he is dense, at least in romance. Ok, maybe not "dense", I think oblivious works better with him.

Don't worry if they don't kiss, as long as they make it CANON.

Cheers;
Nick
Yeah, and once that's happened, it can be up to us to imagine with our young hormonal minds.

Interesting question. Honestly, I have no idea what will happen. It's way too early to decide, but since a 5th generation of Pokemon won't come out, Ash's journey might come to an end. Pokemon are the spur of the anime. So here are my six speculations:
1. Ash and Dawn go their separate ways, however that may happen. Ash goes to another region and Dawn continues attending Sinnoh contests.

2. Ash and Dawn don't go separate paths and more romance is implied between them, and maybe they eventually end up together, and when they both end their journey, Pokemon becomes more or less a slice-of-life anime (with battling aspects to it I guess)

3. A new main character is introduced, after Ash achieves his dream of becoming a Pokemon master, with or without Dawn. I'll leave this one open ended.

4. A spin-off or AU series is created which may include Ash and Dawn and various other characters. It might depict what may have happened if one character has taken a different route or if they had a romantic interest.

5. The anime version of the manga is created. However, Ms. Berlitz has not met Red, and they both have romantic interests so that would be a total no.

6. And finally, Pokemon ends with a huge battle with Arceus and Ash becomes a Pokemon master. In the epilogue we may see what happened with Ash and who he ended up with, which quite obviously will be Dawn X3

There's also a possibility we're all nuts. Or the world blows up before the saga ends, and Pearlshipping would still live on.

The Spear Tower Episode is coming up soon, based on the preview, what Pearlshipping hints do you expect?
I think it would be helpful if I saw the preview XD I'll go check it out right now.

Last edited:

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
He is quite the talented young man ^_~ And most definitely not stupid (at times) But, he is dense, at least in romance. Ok, maybe not "dense", I think oblivious works better with him.

Yeah, and once that's happened, it can be up to us to imagine with our young hormonal minds.

Interesting question. Honestly, I have no idea what will happen. It's way too early to decide, but since a 5th generation of Pokemon won't come out, Ash's journey might come to an end. Pokemon are the spur of the anime. So here are my six speculations:
1. Ash and Dawn go their separate ways, however that may happen. Ash goes to another region and Dawn continues attending Sinnoh contests.

2. Ash and Dawn don't go separate paths and more romance is implied between them, and maybe they eventually end up together, and when they both end their journey, Pokemon becomes more or less a slice-of-life anime (with battling aspects to it I guess)

3. A new main character is introduced, after Ash achieves his dream of becoming a Pokemon master, with or without Dawn. I'll leave this one open ended.

4. A spin-off or AU series is created which may include Ash and Dawn and various other characters. It might depict what may have happened if one character has taken a different route or if they had a romantic interest.

5. The anime version of the manga is created. However, Ms. Berlitz has not met Red, and they both have romantic interests so that would be a total no.

6. And finally, Pokemon ends with a huge battle with Arceus and Ash becomes a Pokemon master. In the epilogue we may see what happened with Ash and who he ended up with, which quite obviously will be Dawn X3

There's also a possibility we're all nuts. Or the world blows up before the saga ends, and Pearlshipping would still live on.

I think it would be helpful if I saw the preview XD I'll go check it out right now.

Well is so true what you said there XDDDDD regarding our Hormonal Minds ROFL XD.

MMMm Well there has been no confirmation of that . And I do say this there is going to be a 5 generation IMO XD. After reading that I don't want the thread to become a 5 gen talking convo :O

But if there was no .........5......g.......e......n....:

Well what I quoted there was what I think of that really good ideas of what might happen XP so I will give my opinion :

If this happen well they can still find a way to comunicate and IDK keep talking to each other XP.

This most likely happen at the Battle frontier arc where she goes with him and they keep travelling together.

Well let's not discuss this one because IDK how to put it : I think they won't make Pokeyman GX , and they will keep Ash as the main character .

This idea Will be a good one Pokemon the Abridged Series . It would put a really good subplot idea but if this happen maybe we will see different version of some characters point of view and we might see more romance in da show XD , which I don't it will happen because the show is mostly focused on the battles! XD.

Well if they make it would be awesome since the manga is really superb but you are right about what you said right there DX.

Well lol about the Arceus thing This sounds like a Game's Plot XD

But maybe if they ended showcasing Ash and he is not Main character we might see what happened to him and how you said hopefully he will have choosen Dawn or not *shot*

CrazedPochama

UxieWorshiper
As for the Spear Pillar Episode, I have the line, if anybody wants it..
It is towards the end of the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI7Ekmt2x60
(I do not own this video)

Sinnoh might just be is the last gen, since Arceus is supposed to play 'the god of all Pokemon' It is also considered a deity for peoples.
I hope the writers don't make it another Sakura Cardcaptor, like Niker117
pointed out. What ever the writers finally decide to do, I hope it will be Pearlshipping!
For the tag-battle episode, I am expecting a lot of teamwork, and maybe Kotone pointing out something between Ash and Dawn, knowing her, she probably will! XD
I am disappointed that Dawn, as a fairly experienced coordinator lost to someone like James. I guess this will bring up Dawn's last contest around the time of Ash's last battle.
I have a question: Did Ash attend all of May's contests, like he does with Dawn?

UDI

Orange Hero
Hi I'm New Here, but I really love the pearlshipping really Ash and Dawn are the best couple of pokemon

and after the last 3 episodes clear to me that Ash and Dawn stay together, and I'm very impatient to get the next episode

I can join?

Last edited:

bijoukaiba

The Last Gymshipper?
I mean, they already confirmed that there won’t be another generation (yea no generation 5. that sucks)

What what what?! Could I have a link to the site CONFIRMING this? If it's true, I mean... I tried Googling it and found no evidence... >.>

But if the series will end, I think it will either pull a "Yuugiou" or a "Cardcaptor Sakura" on us... either nobody will end up together, or it will be made clear that Ash and Dawn had feelings for each other, but they do not appear to be officially together (that's how I interpreted the ending of CCS at least...) I HOPE it won't end that way, but... I don't have a crystal ball, I can't predict the future.

What I would hope for is a scene during the tag battle where Hikari sort of "parallels" what Kotone had said about relationships (about SatoHika, and herself and Kazunari)... after all, from what's been seen in the preview, she appears to do a good job teaming up with Kazunari... so I could see Hikari making some sort of remark about how "Kazunari and Kotone make a good team... like Satoshi and I..."

So, speaking of the preview... I just wanted to comment on this... and it's Pearlshipping related, I'll explain at the end... I haven't seen Pokemon in a while, but at the end of the episode Jessie hugs James quite affectionately after he wins... I've only seen her hug onto him when they're frightened (unless I missed something since I haven't seen the show in forever). Now that it appears not only Kotone but Takeshi supports Pearlshipping, I can't help but wonder if this really is a sign that ALL the shipping is getting a little more serious? Sorry for bringing Rocketshipping into this, but... well, if other nearly-canon shippings are getting stronger while Pearlshipping shows signs of getting stronger, could that be a sign we are nearly-canon as well? It's kind of going back to the parallelism thing I mentioned earlier. I hope that made some sense... XD

Sorry for switching back and forth between JP and US names, by the way.

Last edited:
*From Pokemon.co.jp*

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/tbpreview.jpg[/img139]

Translation:

On Kotone and Kazunari's farewell day, Satoshi group decides to have Shinnoh VS Johto Tag Battle at the Suiren Colosseum.
Satoshi x Hikari (サトシ・ヒカリ) uses Moukazaru and Hinoarashi; Kotone x Kazunari (コトネ・カズナリ) will use Chikorita and Waninoko.
Battle is fierce! What will be the outcome of battle!?

-------------------------------------------------------------

Shinnoh VS Johto on this official preview statement made me think about somthing for awhile.

"Why is it Shinnoh VS Johto?"

1. Because it's a battle of Shinnoh Trainer team VS Johto Trainer team

- This is not true. Everyone knows that Satoshi is Kanto Trainer.

2. Because it's a battle of Shinnoh Pokemon team VS Johto Pokemon team

- Again, this isn't true either. On Satoshi x Hikari team, Hikari is using Johto Pokemon Hinoarashi. This is actually really odd because she has good battle Shinnoh Pokemon like Pochama and Mamoo. Hikari could've used them instead of newly born Hinoarashi.
Something tells me that writers did this intentionally. (Not to mention they are using SAME FIRE TYPE)

Only answer I can come up with is the following;

3. Because it's a battle of couple in Shinnoh VS couple from Johto.

I probably am thinking too much, but hey. =P

Last edited:

Hjörung´s wrath

Merovingian relic
Thanks again for the report, PK, that sounds truly interesting setup!

Personally, I don´t find it that odd to classify Ash as a Sinnoh trainer.
Considering how he has taken up the role of the male protagonist of the D/P games
and fought his way through all the regional gyms so far, I think the classification is fully
justified. Most of the show´s present target audience wasn´t even
born when Ash started out from Pallet town for the first time, and many random
viewers simply associate him to Sinnoh.

Still, this sounds like really exciting event, and we can at 95% percent expect some
more suggestive hints from Kotone before the groups parts from each other. ;)

ST8

Fourth Gen Veteran
After hearing that there supposedly won't be a second series it got me wandering what will happen after the end of this season.

I also realised that that Ash is very near his goal. The sinnoh league won't just pit him against his rivals. If he manages to beat them he will also have to go against Cynthia. Cynthia could be considered the final goal and if he beats her he will have achieved his goal.

Then maybe his journey will end. Maybe he'll take up what Gary started doing. Maybe he'll stay with Dawn. Maybe he'll continue going.
All I hope is that their dreams will come true and Pokemon ends with "We will be Heroes"(movie version) music, and all of Ash's achievements. All his badges, all his wins, and then a photo of him and Dawn kissing with sunset behind them....

If pokemon continues without Ash and Dawn that means there is still hope for my own dream to come true.

Brazillianguy

Good question. We are heading to DP series' last episodes(20?), and I really believe Satoshi will win sinnoh league. If this happens, in addition to battling the frontier brains he will certainly battle Cynthia, which gives us a lot more time to see Satoshi and Hikari's relantionship turning into something really strong. And yeah, there is a high chance of a "kiss on the cheek" or a hug, like polo150 said, the best ending for a really strong relationship. All I know Hikari will be on next movie's cast, which makes my "arguments" even stronger.

And It's kinda melancholic but there's a chance Satoshi's journey will end after everything. What about pearlshipping as a truly love relantionship to make this farewell and all Satoshi has builded even more remarkable? Afterall, pokemon won't end, as it's the second most rentable franchise of Nintendo, and it's more than ever attracting audience and profiting with stuffs.

Last edited:
Whoever said there won't be a fifth generation is a lie wherever the source is from. Secondly, they could always do a time skip with new adventures around the corner for everyone. And there will be a fifth generation, it's just that the Pokemon aren't being revealed probably until later in 2010.

UDI

Orange Hero
on the next episode I like to see the next scene

"after the tag battle, near the end of the episode, Hikari and Kotone were removed from the group and are talking and suddenly Kotone tells Hikari "someday you will realize your true feelings for Satoshi", Hikari looks surprised and says "my true feelings for ... (see Satoshi and blushes) ... Satoshi?"

That would be great! and who knows maybe will make a Kuzunari also pearlshipper

anyway I like Zoey appear as soon as possible because it could also be a potential pearlshipper.

Status
Not open for further replies.