• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
when was there lagomorphshipping recently, guys? sorry if it's off topic, but i missed something
also yeah, I hope pokemon's turning more comfortable towards romance, it sure seems like it.. Hopefully in the favor of pearlshipping!

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/lagoed.jpg[/img139]

Here you go.

And thanks for all the complements on my drawing everyone =)

Haggahagga

Wakka Wakka!
Why do I like pearlshipping? it started with the first ever high 5 that I fell in love with pearlshipping. There similarities and their infinite support for each other just seems 2 stand out for me, as well as their concern 4 each other ( I have never seen Ash be concerned with anyone besides pikachu of course).

pikablue

ooh, pretty colors!
Thanks, PK0082! Quick question, what do you guys think of Pikachu's reaction? Positive or Negative? (I also see lagomorphshipping as a good step towards pearlshipping, if Pikachu ends up reacting somehow)

hopeful sleeper

carefree dreamer
Wow, the activity last evening/night was undoubtedly beyond average...nice to see new people joining us!
Excellent fanart, PK.

It is shown in the preview that both Hikari and Satoshi are extremely clueless what is going on and are desperetaly trying to separate Pika and Pocha :D (I don't understand Japanese though, I'm guessing it by their reactions and voices full of surprise).

I wouldn't expect this episode to be so pearlshippy but yes, one - even smallest - hint would be pleasently seen.

I really hope for lagamorphshipping to be followed up in the anime. If - hopefully - Pikachu reciprocates somehow Buneary's crush then it will surely be a milestone for Pearlshipping.

Last edited:

polo150

Diehard Pearlshipper
Been a long time since i posted... (i only had nothing to say:p) here's my view of things that could happen in the next episode
How do you think Hikari's and Satoshi's reaction will be when they find out their Pokemon have fallen in love with each other?
Well, as we saw that both Dawn and Ash are quite clueless about love(as of DP146), both of them will be probably be really suprised but maybe they won't understand what's happening to there pokemon. Then, Brock comes and explains them the concept of love thus making them see what it is (so ash and dawn would not be as dense as they were before).
we'll just have to see but i cant see pearl happening if they stay as clueless as they are(because Ash is REALLY dense as we saw before and thats a major problem for every shipping involving ash...)

if they do this, it would set the table for something bigger (a Major hints or a blush scene) for the following galactic arc coming soon after this episode.

ST8

Fourth Gen Veteran
This might be off topic but is what I think will at the end of the galactic arc. Team Galactic are in ruins, Dialga and Palkia have been calmed and have left and the three lake guardians will give Ash, Dawn and Brock a blessing as a way of thanks. To Brock, Uxie gives him the remaining knowledge that he needs to become a top breeder. Using this knowledge Brock will eventually leave to end his journey. To Ash, Azelf gives the strongest of willpower. Strong enough to be able to beat Paul. And to Dawn, Mesprit gives her the emotions of love and hope so she can finally realise her feelings for Ash. The guardians then leave the three and return to their respective lakes. That's what I hope will happen.

pikablue

ooh, pretty colors!
Wow, the activity last evening/night was undoubtedly beyond average...nice to see new people joining us!
Excellent fanart, PK.

It is shown in the preview that both Hikari and Satoshi are extremely clueless what is going on and are desperetaly trying to separate Pika and Pocha :D (I don't understand Japanese though, I'm guessing it by their reactions and voices full of surprise).

I wouldn't expect this episode to be so pearlshippy but yes, one - even smallest - hint would be pleasently seen.

I really hope for lagamorphshipping to be followed up in the anime. If - hopefully - Pikachu reciprocates somehow Buneary's crush then it will surely be a milestone for Pearlshipping.
i expect ash and dawn to act rather densely, unfortunately, but I'll hope for the best..
and yes, I hope strongly for Pikachu to reciprocate! pearlshipping and lagomorphshipping are my two favorite pairings in the anime! Hopefully something happens with lago, soon.. Maybe an episode readressing Buneary's feelings or something? if the issue of her evolving comes up, that could be key..

Can we please stay on-topic here? Yes, Lagomorphshipping may have a nice link to Pearlshipping, but that specific shipping is a discussion on it's own. Let's try to get back to Pearl, 'kay? :)

How do you think Hikari's and Satoshi's reaction will be when they find out their Pokemon have fallen in love with each other?

Our most obvious wish for this episode is for someone (Joy, Brock, etc.) would say something about how "when 2 Pokémon fall in love, so will their trainers [with each other, that is]." But, since this is Pika/Pip we're talking about here, the outcome may differ since they're both confirmed to be male...

Anyway, something else I want to happen: Ash&Dawn both get in a little spat on "who's fault" it is that their Pokémon are "in love". I don't know how it would start, but I want it to happen. Not to see them fighting, though. To be honest, nobody (in the anime and myself) likes to see them fight. The only reason I would want them to is to see them sweetly make up for it afterwards. :p

lulz, I like the idea of them "staying stuck together forever." Sounds very cute. x3

Welcome new members! When I get to a computer, I'll update the first post. Remember:

FOLLOW THE RULES!
/caps

Thank you! ^^

rioT6296

a girl who dreams (:
lulz, I like the idea of them "staying stuck together forever." Sounds very cute. x3

Haha, thanks. :)
my brain was actually working when I came up with that idea xD. Maybe the writers will give romance and shippings a try and actually put something like that in DP149! (though I still doubt it).

And to ST8, I like your theory about blessings the lake guardians will give to Brock, Ash, and Dawn. The blessings you said that each lake guardian should give to Brock, Ash, and Dawn actually make sense and your whole theory could actually work! I really hope your theory actually happens at the end of the Team Galactic arc! (especially your theory of Mesprit giving Dawn the emotions of love and hope so she'd finally realize her feelings for Ash ;) )

Well...
DP149... Story wise, there weren't any pearlshipping hints. (Not even Lagomorph)

HOWEVER,
VISUAL WISE, IT GETS A++++++++ on pearlshippiness.

Who would've thought that PikaPocha would lead their owner to stick togather as well? XD

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/14901.jpg[/img139]

Satoshi and Hikari were like this for almost entire episode. They never even put their Pokemon on the ground. Not until almost at the end.

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/149s.jpg[/img139]

Also,

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/14902.jpg[/img139]

There is just no way this is unintentional... Just no way...

JPG

Well...
DP149... Story wise, there weren't any pearlshipping hints. (Not even Lagomorph)

HOWEVER,

Who would've thought that PikaPocha would lead their owner to stick togather as well? XD

Satoshi and Hikari were like this for almost entire episode. They never even put their Pokemon on the ground. Not until almost at the end.

Also,

O........M........G!!!

THAT IS THE JIZZ!!!

why is it whenever we dont think a ep wont have much PS, it does? i mean come on. ash and dawn didnt have to hold their pokemon thru the whole ep. someone's trying to say something.

and that last pic was too good for works.

and that last pic was too good for works.

I would like to point out how Satoshi and Hikari holding their Pokemon looked in manga version of DP149.

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/diff.jpg[/img139]

BIG DIFFERENCE (and major improvement in Anime *shot*).

Last edited:

JPG

I would like to point out how Satoshi and Hikari holding their Pokemon looked in manga version of DP149.

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/diff.jpg[/img139]

BIG DIFFERENCE (and major improvement in Anime *shot*).

damn right. the positioning is of their arms stand out to me. does ash need to handle dawn's hand to hold their pokemon up? seems like it to me. not to mention, where are their other hands? it would look stupid if they were just hanging down their sides. this is a very big hint for pearlshipping.

and that little part where ash's hand overlaps hers is repeated a lot. there is no way he's not holding her hand. it would be awkward positioning.

Niker117

Holy mother rocking sanwiches with crap on top.

and a side serving of wennies.

both ash and dawn stuck together during the whole episode THAT close?

well.. I guess we just took a lot of work OFF the fanarters...

Cheers,
Nick

PS: I second that... just when everyone thinks that one episode might contain ps it doesnt... and when we think it wont it does.. Someone is playing with us...

hopeful sleeper

carefree dreamer
I'm really edified after this episode.

It was hard to expect any "said" hint as long as the whole love was artificial and there were many other trainers whose Pokemon have been affected so yes...I'm really glad no one did a remark about "when two pokemon fall in love..." thing 'cause it would really be pretty stupid - and it would rather be bad for SatoHika.

I hope that by making episodes like today's the Pokemon anime staff winks at us and give somehow to understand that Pearlshipping is really being built up for something more.

bijoukaiba

The Last Gymshipper?
PK0082, I always enjoy whatever you have to post. ^_^

I think this episode (even if the PikaPocha was 'artificial') is definitely a good sign that the writers are starting to open up to the idea of shipping more and more. I can't wait to see how the Galactic arc will go!

Also, ST8's idea might not be too farfetched... after all, there are scenes in the 150-151 preview of Brock protecting Uxie, Ash protecting Azelf, and Dawn protecting Mesprit specifically, and then another scene that "parallels" those Pokemon to the same trainers (with screen splits)

Last edited:

ccangelopearl1362

Well...

HOWEVER,

Also,

(browsing through latest activity, then feeling jaw drop at sight of latest visuals, er, screenshots) Holy cow. After a three-week break from Serebii to examine several other factors influencing my support for Ash and Dawn’s romantic friendship -- and my subsequent alliance with the Pearlshippers of the Pokémon fandom -- I see these two kids (justifiably) more worried about whether or not their respective starters will be all right after whatever love spell has been inflicted on the Pokémon than whether or not they (Ash and Dawn) are holding hands. It seems to me that Ash and Dawn look even more like parents to their Pokémon now than they did in the past, reinforcing the subtlety that perhaps the rest of us Pearlshippers have come to expect of them during their moments together. If these and other scenarios we’ve developed based on Ash and Dawn’s common attributes and basic dynamic come to pass, then we should be happy to see Ash and Dawn get closer to each other as time goes on. Perhaps in response to this emerging undercurrent, I should be able to muster a more essential focus for this latest question.:

What do you like most about the development of Ash and Dawn’s romantic friendship so far?

UDI

Orange Hero
I really liked the chapter today, Ash and Dawn were together throughout the chapter, and if it looks as if Ash holding the hand of Dawn

next week begins the team Galactic arc, hope to see good hints next week

PKPrincess

WOW!!! I'm gone 4 a few days and all this happens?!!! Those pics looked like they could've been hints. It really doesn't look necessary 2 hold their pokemon (and hands) throughout the whole ep, so there has 2 be some pearlshipping behind that.

How you think Hikari and Satoshi reaction Will be when they find out that their pokemon have fallen in love with each other ?
Ash will be as dense as ever, Dawn will be shocked beyond words or confused. Someone might tell them that when 2 pokemon fall in love, so will their trainers and Ash won't understand what it means, but Dawn will and she'll be blushing like crazy and might deny it.

What do you like most about the development of Ash and Dawn’s romantic friendship so far?
I like that the writers r putting in more better hints 4 us, like BubbleBolt and Lagomorph.

Haggahagga

Wakka Wakka!
0_0 those screenshots right there rocked my world

The writers are certainly telling us something they wouldn"t lead us astray.
Ash and Dawn didn"t have 2 be that close (let alone holding each other lol) and yet they did hmmmmmmm and right before the galactic arc too.

The pearlshipping light seems very bright and hopefully it'll get brighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.