• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiitard119

lol dawn actually does faint in the preview! (Because of electric attack) i think
And it actually does show why she is scared of plusle and minun

Also imma wait til PK uploads the pearlshipping pic in the beginning of the episode.
even though it wasnt much i thought it was cute :3

What do you think may happen in 'Piplup gets seperated' that might be Pearlshipping?

Umm Ash and Dawn both looking for piplup while Brock sits this one out.
and they both get worried any apologize to each other? Idk..

Last edited:
lol dawn actually does faint in the preview! (Because of electric attack) i think
And it actually does show why she is scared of plusle and minun

Also imma wait til PK uploads the pearlshipping pic in the beginning of the episode.

Sorry, I fell a sleep before I could watch today' episode. XD

When I woke up, the show was almost over already....

Usual stuff happend; like Hikari throwing a cheer and stuffs (but this is normal routine).

Well regarding next episode.

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/pre02.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/pre01.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/pre03.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/pre04.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/pre05.jpg[/img139]

- So yeah, like wiitard said, Hikari does "faint" (I thought it was going to be a serious moment, but nah LOL)
- Urara still appears to be a jerk.
- I am not sure if Urara's Pokemon really zapped her... Their statics are the cause IMO
- I guess Hikari got electrocuted by two Pokemon when she was young.
- Kengo and yumomi is in the flashback.

Well, let's see what happens.

Last edited:

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Awww. Dawn looks really cute. Like a shiny puppy.

Thought the "faint" was going to be serious, but it seems like the same as Ash getting electrocuted by Pikachu. Ash still looks concerned for her. And but Ursula's look, I can tell that she isn't finished with Dawn just yet.

Can't wait til the episode!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Looks like it'll be a good episode. I'm glad Ursula will still be a jerk. Dawn needs some stiff competition in my opinion.

Kinda disappointed that she didn't faint due to anything severe (Static, seriously?) but looks like Ash may still be worried about the misty complection of her hair; it looks like the dawn of a good episode.

As for the episode itself, I can see Dawn looking cute as always in this one, don't you agree?

Oceanus119

ɢσттα ɢσ вιɢ тιмє! ❤
Hi There! ^^
Pearlshipping is one of my favorite pairings. Can I join this thread please?

What do you like about Pearlshipping?

Well, I really love the deep friendship that Ash and Dawn have. Ash is much closer to Dawn then he was with the other two girls.
Plus, Dawn is the only girl who ever wore a cheerleading outfit for one of Ash's gym battles. Ash never missed a single one of Dawn's contests: he never did that with May.
That being said, they just looks so cute together! ^^

ST8

Fourth Gen Veteran
As expected there wasn't really anything to do with pearlshipping visible to me in the latest Japanese episode. The next 2 are promising though and we finally find out about that nickname of Dawn's: DD as I call it. Pearlshipping is still going strong then, at least that is how I see it and I sincerely hope that Dawn shows Ursula how a top coordinator does it!

Lorde

As expected there wasn't really anything to do with pearlshipping visible to me in the latest Japanese episode.

I would have thought that we'd have seen a few more hints in "Growling Ice Punch!" because:

Buizel did belong to Dawn at one point. Dawn helped train Gliscor a few episodes back but she didn't help her old Buizel in this one. It would've been cute to see Ash and Dawn training together.

As for this week's episode that I finished watching again just to spot a few hints and cute moments, I was also disappointed:

Just Ash striking up another rivalry with a COTD. Nothing happened between Ash and Dawn to spark my interests.

Next week, I can totally see something happening while Dawn competes for her 5th ribbon.

hopeful sleeper

carefree dreamer
Well, I also originally thought that Hikari's faint would be more dramatic. But it looks like she falls on the gorund only due to cheering's static and it more resembles comic relief rather than some serious action. Still it's a good opportunity for Satoshi to show his concern. Though, I won't be surpsrised if he ends up saying only "dajibou". I also hope Urara will be insulting Hikari
so Ash will have a chance stand up for her.

It would be nice if Satoshi encouraged somehow his girl when the contest will be about to begin like giving her a high-five as before the Suiren tournament.

But this contest will reach its climax in the second episode so something nice for us can happen, regardless if Hikari will
manage to win or not.

I hope Tomioka didn't ruin it.

EDIT: Oh, and welcome Oceanus119! It's always nice to see a new person supporting this great ship. Enjoy your stay :)

Last edited:

rioT6296

a girl who dreams (:
I watched the preview of DP 161, and I thought it was cute (;

well, even though the situation of Hikari fainting wasn't as serious we'd thought it'd be, Ash will probably still be worried about her :) although I was hoping for it to be way more dramatic and serious than the preview showed

and as other people have stated before, I'm glad Ursula will still be such a meanie/jerk. that'll give Dawn more competition and'll make Ash comfort her when she gets messed with by Ursula :D

I'm also glad that the story behind Hikari's nickname "Pikari" will finally be revealed!

I have a feeling that these contest episodes will still have Pearlshippy parts in it, regardless of Hikari's fainting situation being dramatic or not. I can't wait to see it!

I have a feeling that these contest episodes will still have Pearlshippy parts in it, regardless of Hikari's fainting situation being dramatic or not. I can't wait to see it!

Speaking of which, do y'know what I realized recently? All the Contests that lasted two episodes or more had some real juicy Pearlshippyness in them; Dawn's first contest, remember that? It was a two-parter, and it contained Ash and Dawn's first high-touch; Floaroma Town contest had Kenny's somewhat obvious jealousy. Plus, we got that cute high-five in the end of the second part; Wallace Cup arc is pretty self-explanatory; Solaceon Town (which had one episode building up to the contest, so it's still a two-parter) also treated us Pearlshippers to some good SatoHika moments.

I'm completely sure we WILL have something here. Almost ALL of Dawn's contests incorporated some Ash/Dawn moments, so the Asatsuki Contest should be no exception.

Oh, and welcome to the thread, Oceanus119! Have fun here, and enjoy your Pearlshippy stay~ :3

ccangelopearl1362

(sweatdropping, then clearing throat) Drama, or humor? I would be content with saving the real drama involving Ash and Dawn for circumstances that would truly count in advancing these two kids’ best attributes. It may be quite appropriate that the next time some evil group or individual deliberately threatens to use the power of some legendary Pokémon to bring about the end of the world as Ash and Dawn know it, Ash and Dawn themselves will be entirely serious about working together to stop said group or individual. I can only imagine how astounded people like, say, Ursula would be, especially because one of the key developments leading up to the Spear Pillar showdown happened during the Wallace Cup. I do worry about an excess of sadness between Ash and Dawn in situations such as the one currently among us Pearlshippers, but if Dawn can defeat Ursula with Ash’s traditional help and encouragement, then I trust that they will be that much more confident between each other for it. Kotone may be likely to defend Ash and Dawn’s romantic friendship that much further once they meet up with her again, which leads me to ponder the following question as a scenario if it really should happen to Ash and Dawn in the show.:

What do you think would happen regarding Ash and Dawn’s romantic friendship if Ash and Dawn ran into Kotone and Ursula at the same time?

ST8

Fourth Gen Veteran
What do you think would happen regarding Ash and Dawn’s romantic friendship if Ash and Dawn ran into Lyra and Ursula at the same time?

I can't see Ursula and Lyra appearing at the same time. I mean they are completely different people. I can't picture them together but if they did then there would be sneering and encouragement and perhaps a realisation.

Another thing that I still can't picture is Dawn losing to Ursula. She has beaten much stronger coordinators than her and Ash has always pulled her back up when she was knocked over. The Grand Festival needs a star.

Last edited:

PKPrincess

Too bad Dawn fainting wasn't as dramatic as it sounds.

What do you think would happen regarding Ash and Dawn’s romantic friendship if Ash and Dawn ran into Kotone and Ursula at the same time?

Ursala being a witch and making fun of Dawn as usual, Ash defending her, Dawn probably really mad, and Kotone saying to Ursala " You're just jelous of Dawn 'cause Ash is her BF and not yours."

Niker117

Too bad Dawn fainting wasn't as dramatic as it sounds.

Ursala being a witch and making fun of Dawn as usual, Ash defending her, Dawn probably really mad, and Kotone saying to Ursala " You're just jelous of Dawn 'cause Ash is her BF and not yours."
Lol! I can actually see that happening

It just sounds so Kotone-ish to do that.

By the way, can anyone confirm if kotone's name is indeed katrina?

Cheers;
Niker

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Lol! I can actually see that happening

It just sounds so Kotone-ish to do that.

By the way, can anyone confirm if kotone's name is indeed katrina?

Cheers;
Niker

It's not. We just like to guess what the name would be. Although, that name is possibly. Let's see what the Dubbers decide on.

arceus7

Arcane Of The Wild
Actually kotone is katrina >_< dont know where you got that idea from Kiba. I know this because I have life experiences in japanese

ST8

Fourth Gen Veteran
Sorry about that. It's just an English name that I came up with that I personally call her. I did the same for Kazunari and I call him Kazim.

Back onto the topic now. Katrina gave us plenty of hints in the japanese eps and the the english episodes are 2 weeks away. I suppose I'll pass the time by dreaming up a love story about Ash and Dawn as well as the people who supposedly liked Ash beforehand. Of course Dawn will always be the victor (provided Ash gets his brain treated to realise love).

Lorde

Ursula? I don't know much about her or why things would get complicated with her around.

Though with Kotone being in the main cast and taking away Dawn's valuable time I think the amount of hints between Ash and Dawn would dwindle significantly.

Kotone is almost like a romantic rival to Dawn whenever she's around Ash in my opinion.

eryyy

Ace Trainer
Well, the Dawn fainting scene isn't gonna be what I hoped it would be but I'm still excited to see it.
It looks like it's gonna be a good episode and I really can't wait to see it =D

Hmm, well, I could expect Ursula to be running her mouth about Dawn's contest wins being pure luck and she does that obnoxious laugh of hers! Ash would get angry probably stand up for Dawn, telling Ursula to back off and leave Dawn alone and then Ursula would ask, "are you her boyfriend or something?"
I could also see Kotone standing up for Dawn too but that's just me, even if that's not Pearlshipping related. Then, Kotone would probably hatch a plan into trying to get Ash and Dawn together, at least that's what I hope.
That's all I can think of though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.