• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
What type of story do you think would most fit Pearlshipping? (e.g.: adventure, romance, comedy)

I think a combination of the romance and comedy genre would suit both Hikari-chan and Satoshi-kun (lol). Why? Because it's a Ship that has tons of romantic moments throughout the story and because are some funny moments in between. Romantic in the sense that Ash seems to be protective of Dawn as seen in Movie 10 were she falls from the balloon and Ash is seen yelling for her. The comedy comes from the fact that Dawn has been seen scolding Ash on some occasions and she didn't want him to know where the term "Dee-Dee" (or Pikari in Japan) came from. It's the best two genres for PearlShipping I think.

What type of story do you think would most fit Pearlshipping? (e.g.: adventure, romance, comedy)

I reckon Pearlshipping has a few emotional moments running through it- saving each others lives and saving the world from its end more than twice, supporting each other through the thickest of times. Then there's comedy, it is a kid show after all!

Since the computer is being slow and annoying.. I might as well ask if anything happened in the new ep. xD

Aha! It's loaded..
Hmm..
In O'er the Rampardos we Watched! when Dawn first dressed up in a cheerleading outfit, didn't the screen slowly zoom in on Brock's face after before asking "Why are you dressed up like that?" or something?
That made me wonder if Brock noticed something ..such as a crush? Nahh..
Same sort of thing happened with Brock in the 12th movie when they were playing in the water..

Anywho.
Farewell for now! I have a feeling I repeated a few things. @_@;;

ST8

Fourth Gen Veteran

I think romance and adventure go extremely well together. You see it all the time in films. It should have some comedy but nothing funny that concerns Pearlshipping. I would much rather it would be a serious romance particularly emphasinsing on the romance part.

As for concerning todays episode as predicted there wasn't really anything Pearlshippy in it. The only blush from Dawn that I saw (note that it is appearing more whether it is pearlshipping or not) didn't have anything to do with Pearlshipping.

I expet better things in three days time when the Lilypad Town contest episode comes on.

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
Episode Report :

Well the episode almost had nothing in it . Just Denzi , Oba, their storyline , an Uber Infernape .

But please we must teach Hikari more words , is it just me or almost every time she screamed in this episode it was Satohi!!! . Plus when they were at that bar/cafe Takeshi was drinking his tea and eating like nothing while Hikari rapidly noticed Satoshi feeling a bit depressed or kinda angry because Denzi didn't took his challenge . She even asked him if he was ok =) . Lol and also when Satoshi and Pikachu collided in the wall Hikari was the first to Scream Satoshi!!!!!.

That is all what happened in episode that I can remember :s

Flare Blitz looks horrible and stupid in my opinion

Antiyonder

Overlord

I'd say that while more romance would be welcomed, add some good comedy and adventure. Keeps it from being one note, and makes you appreciate the romantic moments more.

BTW, is anyone allowed to ask a bolded question, and is there a specific time that you can type it?

Heh. The reasoning behind what i said is because Dawn and Buneary had yet to establish a "bond"(read-Buneary developed her crush before Dawn caught it.). I'm pretty sure that Advanceshippers use Vineshipping as evidence, since as the anime has said at times,"Pokemon tend to reflect the feelings of their trainers." Of course, that hasn't always proved true anyway.

Anyways, i think it could be real benifical to Pearlshipping, just not in the same fashion as Vineshipping. Wouldn't an episode like a double date with Ash/Dawn and Pika/Buneary be interesting?

Definitely. Twice the romance, and well, I could even see a scene where Ash asks Pikachu for advice in the dating field.

Last edited:

hopeful sleeper

carefree dreamer
Hello! According to predictions latest episode didn't provide us any significant moment, however I found it quite neat that when Satoshi was concerned Hikari was the first who noticed it (like in DP159) and she was first to react and yell his name when Ash flung himself to rescue Pikachu.

Recently I wondered about several aspects of our pairng analyzing also what is generally said about pearlahipping among the fandom. I acknowledged that one of negative opinions regarding SatoHika is that Ash and Dawn are too alike which - allegedly - makes pearlshipping bland and uninteresting. Hence my question: Doesn't bother you that Satoshi and Hikari share so many similarities and have almost identical stories? And maybe you think that pearlshipping could be better developed if Ash and Dawn had different personalities and traits? I don't want to make a bolded topic of it but I think this is something to consider.

BTW, is anyone allowed to ask a bolded question, and is there a specific time that you can type it?

you have to be a die-hard pearlshipper in order to begin a topic
I am not sure if it is stated in the rules but I think everyone is allowed to bring up a pearlshipping related questions.

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
I can answer that :) :

Antiyonder said:

Like hopeful sleeper said everyone can bring up a pearl related topic or questions to our hands . The only thing I can't allow is a lot of questions . I mean is ok for you to ask a question today , but don't ask a different question everyday . You can bring new topic or question once the latest one has died and hasn't been on discution . So yeah now you can ask the question/topic . C'mon shoot ^^ .

Hope this clears everything to ya and to everyone out there lurking/reading the thread.

carry on with the discution peeps =).

Edit :

New Special Movie Poster

[IMG139]http://i283.photobucket.com/albums/kk298/slowkingsley/agpiZWViZWUyc2VlchQLEgxJbWFnZUFuZFR.jpg[/IMG139]

It is just me or does Hikari is holding on to Satoshi's Shoulder on that Poster ? . I really dunno she is holding on to Satoshi's Shoulder and looks can be decieving specially on a pic like this one but Tbh it really looks like that is happening.

So what ya think =P ?

Last edited:

pokelover94

OMG! that's a really cool movie poster! wait...this poster has a 5th generation pokemon. does that mean dawn will stay after all! plz correct me if im wrong. XD. i really think dawn deserves to participate in two grand festivals. i know they extended this saga but it would still seem unfair for her to only participate in one. at least on screen. and YES! hikari/dawn is holding satoshi's/ash's arm!!! i think he has his right arm extended holding a pokeball which means she is grabbing on to ash's left shoiulder! and i think ash is closer to dawn than brock...hmmmm...hint maybe? and im pretty impressed RED claws?! that's cool, though i admit the little red circle close to it's mouth looks a little wierd :/ anyway THANK U SO MUCH WGCV23 FOR SHARING THIS WITH US :D

The_People

The Janitor.
OMG! that's a really cool movie poster! wait...this poster has a 5th generation pokemon. does that mean dawn will stay after all! plz correct me if im wrong. XD. i really think dawn deserves to participate in two grand festivals. i know they extended this saga but it would still seem unfair for her to only participate in one. at least on screen. and YES! hikari/dawn is holding satoshi's/ash's arm!!! i think he has his right arm extended holding a pokeball which means she is grabbing on to ash's left shoiulder! and i think ash is closer to dawn than brock...hmmmm...hint maybe? and im pretty impressed RED claws?! that's cool, though i admit the little red circle close to it's mouth looks a little wierd :/ anyway THANK U SO MUCH WGCV23 FOR SHARING THIS WITH US :D

Not necessarily. Its probably the last movie going into the fifth gen. It can mean she is in the fifth gen but it doesn't directly show that. What i am trying to say is don't get your hopes to high as you might end up being disappointed :(

Hmm. Nice movie poster. IT does look like she is holding his hand back. Probably to preview Dawn holding Ash back from doing something rash.
This movie is looking more pearl-shipping everyday! Maybe we will get a huge swing like advancedshipping did.:)

Last edited:

rioT6296

a girl who dreams (:
It is just me or does Hikari is holding on to Satoshi's Shoulder on that Poster ? . I really dunno she is holding on to Satoshi's Shoulder and looks can be decieving specially on a pic like this one but Tbh it really looks like that is happening.

So what ya think =P ?
Well, I'm using the iPod Touch right now, and the it lets me zoom in and out as much as I please to. I zoomed in on the poster as much as possible only to find out that Hikari really is holding Satoshi's shoulder. More pearlshippyness, yes!! :D

This movie is looking more pearl-shipping everyday! Maybe we will get a huge swing like advanceshipping did

Yes, I agree with you!
First, no Takeshi on the poster. Second, Hikari's hand on Satoshi's shoulder?! What's next, a hug?! xD
Yep, it would be nice if itgot a huge swing like Advanceshipping did in the Temple of the Sea movie.
In fact, it wouldn't be fair if Pearlshipping didn't have a boost in this movie, since there weren't so much hints in the other DP movies too. And, Pokeshipping got their boost in movie 2, while Advanceshipping got theirs in movie 9; so, why can't we have one? :/

CrazedPochama

UxieWorshiper
Gee, wish Dawn would stay longer! Like someone mentioned, I also think Dawn should get another oppourtunity to compete in the Grand Festival (if she doesn't win). But there is still the Battle Frontier to look forward to!~ I hope that Dawn's stay lasts for another GEN. As for the episode" "Dressed up for Jess Sucess!", we already knew what hints there were to look forward to. :

* Dawn trains with Ash in the beginning, and asks for only Ash's opinion on how she and Mamoswine did. [She sure values only what HE thinks ;)]

* The dialouge from the familiar shippy scene: (note: it's not exact, but this is how I remember it)

Ash enters the contest room and greets Dawn warmly, and Dawn greets 'them' as a group >.>

Kotone: Dawn, you look great!
Dawn: Really?(embarassed)
Kotone: Yeah! Best of the bunch! Don't you think so, Ash?
Ash: Of course! Dawn is the best!
Kotone: Huh? That's not what I meant! It flew over Ash's head like nothing.
Brock: And Dawn's too

Ash and Dawn High Five~

Kotone: (smiling to her self) Like two peas in a pod!

Is it just me, or did it sound like Kotone was trying to get Ash to 'notice' Dawn... But that proves that Kotone is a Pearlshipper, and not Anti-Pearl. (That shows the Pokeshipperz! *gets bricked*)

* Throughout the whole contest, Ash was cheering her on. And when Kazunari and Kotone asked about who contests worked, and Dawn was up, and Ash said proudly, "You'll see!" To me, it sounded like Ash is really proud of Dawn! XD

* Ash was surprised when Mamoswine was acting up, and shouted for it to calm down (not really a hint, but...)

* When Dawn lost, he was upset. When Kotone asked questions about Dawn, Ash was really proud. ^_~

* Dawn asks Ash is he could train with her, and Ash says "YES!" with zest :p

* In the end, Brock ays something about Dawn winning or something next time, and that they will support her (IDK.. I can't really remember XD) and Hikari turns to Ash and says something about training (Imma not sure, but it was shippy XP).

Yup.. So the eppy was pretty shippy! Strangely, I like it when Ash and Dawn are dense... It makes the ship cuter X3 Also, it makes more work for shippers for finding hints, etc.. Pearlshipping would be bland if it were love-dovey. But that's just my opinion.

I made a fanart: http://oekaki.bulbagarden.net/pictures/19180.png

:3

~

mew151

Thunder Trainer
Well, I'm using the iPod Touch right now, and the it lets me zoom in and out as much as I please to. I zoomed in on the poster as much as possible only to find out that Hikari really is holding Satoshi's shoulder. More pearlshippyness, yes!! :D

Yes, I agree with you!
First, no Takeshi on the poster. Second, Hikari's hand on Satoshi's shoulder?! What's next, a hug?! xD
Yep, it would be nice if itgot a huge swing like Advanceshipping did in the Temple of the Sea movie.
In fact, it wouldn't be fair if Pearlshipping didn't have a boost in this movie, since there weren't so much hints in the other DP movies too. And, Pokeshipping got their boost in movie 2, while Advanceshipping got theirs in movie 9; so, why can't we have one? :/

I want to see the enlarged picture! *waves hand*

All 3 elements. You cannot start romance without an adventure, and you most certain cannot improve romance without some comedic scenes to gradually improve the romance scene. Otherwise we're watching out-of-characters instead of seeing the actual Satoshi and Hikari perform a link towards each other.

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
rioT6296 said:

Hehehehe I see =) . Well lol

mew151 said:

You have a request here . Well you can take snapshots With the I-touch so can you please take a snapshot on that part ? T_T .

Well if she can't . Might as well be patient and wait for the next Corocoro Issue in which I think that movie poster can be seen more clear .

Although what I said could be wrong , but it does looks like she is holding on to his shoulder . But remember looks can be decieving spelling issues yay and even if in here it is almost confirmed by us that XD . Don't go bragging that is true until we see a clear shot of the poster so I be kindly to ask that the speculation of the Hikari is holding Satoshi shoulder on the poster thing to stay in here please. I know that this thing will be leaked at Bulbagarden forums at any moment , wait my bad it already happened

Last edited:

eryyy

Ace Trainer
It is just me or does Hikari is holding on to Satoshi's Shoulder on that Poster ? . I really dunno she is holding on to Satoshi's Shoulder and looks can be decieving specially on a pic like this one but Tbh it really looks like that is happening?

Sorry, it took me so long. I was really tired last night and I was being lazy so I didn't post.
It's kind of hard for me to make out because the picture of them is so small but it definitely looks to me like Hikari is holding on Satoshi's shoulder. I looked at it closely.
Oh yeah, Hikari is DEFINITELY holding onto Satoshi's shoulder. Like I said, it was hard to make but she is holding onto his shoulder.

Hmm, I've really gave much thought to that question.
For me, I think Adventure and Romance fit Ash and Dawn's relationship the best. I mean, they're already really close friends.
I'm personally a fan of Pearlshipping Angst stories but Adventure and Romance fit Pearlshipping best to me.

The_People

The Janitor.
Adventure/Comedy/Drama.
Not that there shouldn't be romance but as i said when i first joined this thread i think Pearlshipping stands out from the rest. As a result i wouldn't want to change the Adventure/Comedy that is working as of now. I included drama because IMO if the romantic moments were more dramatic we wouldn't need moments every episode and therefore Pokemon would still be Pokemon with a boost of Pearlshipping!

ST8

Fourth Gen Veteran
Edit :

So what ya think =P ?

That was exactly what I thought when I saw this poster. I'm glad to hear that my questioning of that picture is in fact true. The next movie poster (if there's going to be one), I hope has something backs that picture up.

I saw the contest episode today. Thank the lord that Lyra can actually see the love between the two of them, even though they can't see it themselves. Mamoswine has anger management issues and Dawn looks up to Ash as her trainer (two meanings being implied by that).

Whenever I think of all of the Pearlshipping hints in the episodes we've seen, I always think to myself what Ash said to Lyra and Khoury right before they left: That they would be sure to see them again. I keep that in mind and think that when they do Lyra will do her best to make Pearlshipping canon.

It's all hopes and dreams.

Niker117

I also saw the same thing.

I'm sure we'll meet again.

Means there will be a Johto Battle Frontier.

There better be, or I'll kick the writer's butts.

Cheers;
Niker

PS: Even if there isn't a johto batle frontier, we will see them in the next season... right..? Right!?

rioT6296

a girl who dreams (:

cute fanart!
CrazedPochama, your fanarts are ALWAYS so cute & pearlshippy ^^

You have a request here . Well you can take snapshots With the I-touch so can you please take a snapshot on that part ? T_T .

Well if she can't . Might as well be patient and wait for the next Corocoro Issue in which I think that movie poster can be seen more clear .

well, here it is: (sorry the quality's bad -_-')
movie13poster-1.jpg

you can't say that it's 100% sure that she's got her hand on his shoulder... but, you can say that it's a most definite chance (say, 90% chance out of 100) that she does :D
maybe the next movie poster will show more hints, we just have to wait and hope for the best (;

well, I like how it is for them right now = adventure and friendship.. but if you add a bit more romance in there, you'd get the perfect story for those two :)
now don't get me wrong, there should be some dramatic and emotional scenes in their story, but not too much; because too much drama and soap operas just doesn't suit them, save that for "The Notebook" xD
but the perfect story for them would have to include the genres friendship, adventure, and a gradual/steady boost in romance. :)

Last edited:

ccangelopearl1362

Well, well. After a day of reviewing Ash and Dawn’s journey through Lilypad Town – and Dawn’s mishap with Mamoswine – I can safely estimate exactly how close these two kids have become at this point, taking up Lyra’s observations and Brock’s realization at once. Dawn seemed quite attentive to Ash’s opinion about training with Mamoswine, both at the beginning and the end, but the dialogue right before Dawn’s initial entry may be more notable.:

Ash: Hi there, Dawn.
Dawn: Hey, guys.
Lyra: Wow! Dane, you look so pretty.
Dawn: Really?
Lyra: Yeah. You’re number one of the bunch, no doubt. Hey, Ash, don’t you think so, too?
Ash: Of course she’s number one, because Dawn’s gonna win.
Dawn: That’s for sure.
Lyra: That’s not what I meant by “number one”. It went over Ash’s head, didn’t it?
Brock: And Dawn’s, too.
Lyra: Huh?
Dawn: Hey, thanks a lot, Ash. I know today’s the day for my fifth ribbon.
Ash: Yeah, show ‘em how, Dawn.
Ash and Dawn: All right! (high-fiving)
Lyra: Like two peas in a pod.

Who knew Ash and Dawn could maintain their enthusiasm for each other’s true strengths? Next, while Dawn prepared to show off Piplup’s moves, Ash seemed quite confident that Piplup would do well in the performance stage, most likely something for Khoury and Lyra to keep in mind in any future encounters they have with Ash and Dawn. Ash tried to calm Mamoswine down when it got upset – costing Dawn the contest – but I definitely chuckled with approval when she asked him to train with her some more. Ash and Dawn’s journey continues, and I sense that Lyra and Khoury will be able to learn about those two trainers’ bond for themselves before heading off. I should enjoy this next question, based on some reflections I posted in the Bulbagarden Pearlshipping thread, bringing together what Khoury, Lyra, Brock, and the rest of us in the real world have observed about Ash and Dawn up to this point in time.:

How would you most likely react if Ash and Dawn became an official couple?

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
cute fanart!
CrazedPochama, your fanarts are ALWAYS so cute & pearlshippy ^^

well, here it is: (sorry the quality's bad -_-')
movie13poster-1.jpg

you can't say that it's 100% sure that she's got her hand on his shoulder... but, you can say that it's a most definite chance (say, 90% chance out of 100) that she does :D
maybe the next movie poster will show more hints, we just have to wait and hope for the best (;

well, I like how it is for them right now = adventure and friendship.. but if you add a bit more romance in there, you'd get the perfect story for those two :)
now don't get me wrong, there should be some dramatic and emotional scenes in their story, but not too much; because too much drama and soap operas just doesn't suit them, save that for "The Notebook" xD
but the perfect story for them would have to include the genres friendship, adventure, and a gradual/steady boost in romance. :)

Yay thanks so much for doing this =) .Might as well start with some bad news :( .

Looking more closely now it really doesn't look like she is holding on to his shoulder .......

[IMG139]http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/ll374/raerobgal6296/movie13poster-1.jpg[/IMG139]

You guys can see it for yourself ^^ . But really if you look more closely it doesn't look like she is holding on to his shoulder.

I am really sorry for bringing out the topic and most importantly I am really sorry for bringing some hope up for the upcoming movie for you guys =( .

Status
Not open for further replies.