• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaush22

Beyond The Limits
Yep, welcome Kaush22. Honestly, I wasn't paying attention to any shippy hints in that episode or even this weeks US episode..... I honestly don't think we will see any good shippy hints until the Grand Festival..... I thought seeing 2 Dawn's would make a good shippy hint but noooooo.

Thanks A lot, I really Appreciate it. Though some hints aren't marked on the forums, I still try and see of I can find any. To be honest, I had high hopes for the Twin Episode too but the writers had other plans....

Thanks,
Kaush22

The_People

The Janitor.
Do you guys think Hikari will visit Satoshi's house in Kanto after the league?

Probably. Depends on the next big things. BF or Region? If its the Battle frontier she will most likely pull the same stunt as Haruka and do a surprise visit. Otherwise My prediction is she will follow Satoshi. to his house learn about X region and leave.

The only real way I see Hikari staying is If Takeshi leaves, making room for the 5th generation male. This is high unlikely because he is the perfect filler character. Food, Wisdom, Maturity things Pokemon requires all falls in one person. I too am not fond of him but he is almost irreplaceable due to the fact he fits Satoshi's personality allowing him to be "Ash".

MINK

Yes. At least I hope so. Kasumi and Haruka did so I don't see why Hikari won't. They'll find some reason for her to go to Pallet Town. I mean, Ambipom's in Viridian City, so perhaps she'll go and give her a visit (the Ping Pong guy did say they could visit anytime, and Satoshi pointed out that it would be easy because it was in Kanto). Or maybe she'll want to see ''Poetry guys'' lab (which would have been more plausible if she didn't meet him in that Twinleaf festival arc), aha, or, who knows, maybe she will stay. Or maybe she'll decide she wants to compete in Kanto contests.

Also, we don't know what's happening after the league - Satoshi could win (!) and go on to challenge the Elite Four, which could be a whole season in itself. Hikari could win the Grand Festival and go on to challange some Elite Coordinaters or something else that absolutely no-one has any idea about yet. It could happen...

If she does, do you guys think Hikari visiting Kanto so late in the DP series raises the possibility of her staying for new Anime series based on new game?

I think it does raise the possibility of her staying but I'm still not sure. I think she has become an important charachter, and like ben pokemon said, she is more of secondary protagonist than Kasumi or Haruka. And let's not forget Pochama, who is like a secondary mascot of the franchise now. I think she has a high chance of staying, but I also wouldn't be surpised if she doesn't. Who knows.

I've uploaded a couple of Pearlshipping AMV's to my youtube channel if anyone's interested. They're probably not very good.
http://www.youtube.com/user/JellyPoking?feature=mhw5

Last edited:

ccangelopearl1362

Greetings once more, fellow Pearlshippers… after a rather intense(ly eventful) Easter weekend for yours truly. “High Touch 2009” was as cheerful as ever in tilting my focus back toward this coupling, and if Ash noticed how Dawn looked as a princess, then the fact that this switch between the two girls ended in a Togekiss may very well strengthen Ash and Dawn’s bond through their memories. Ash and Dawn’s concern for each other as Team Galactic and Pokémon Hunter J set their sights on the Lake Pokémon is instinctive enough, but I had to be impressed as these two kids stood up to Cyrus’ “new world order” agenda. It might be notable that Ash and Dawn’s last comical experience before this final showdown with Team Galactic involved trying to pull Pikachu and Piplup off each other during Professor Kodama’s experiment, but as ever, I won’t attempt to doubt Ash and Dawn’s equality and confidence at Spear Pillar. I have the distinct impression that this equality will be a deciding factor in any plans Dawn has to accompany Ash for the future, highlighting these next few reflections on my part.:

Do you guys think Dawn will visit Ash after the Sinnoh League?

Ash accompanied Dawn for the Twinleaf Festival and got to meet Johanna in the process, so Dawn might decide to return the factor and meet Delia in person. Considering that Ash and Dawn seem quite comfortable with acting together, whether they’re looking after their Pokémon or participating in a double battle, I would think that such a visit by Dawn, maybe even on an invitation from Ash, will highlight the mutuality I have sensed between these two trainers. They are not just cheering each other onward, but rather, they’re more actively benefiting each other’s separate journeys and dreams. Thus will a visit by Dawn to Pallet Town prove to be quite consistent with and expressive of Pearlshipping’s essential dynamic.

Last edited:

eryyy

Ace Trainer
Hey Pearlshippers. I hope you all had a nice Easter :D

Yes, I do think that she will Satoshi's house in Kanto after the league. I don't see why she wouldn't.
I don't think it would be fair if she didn't. Both Haruka and Kasumi did so it's only fair that Hikari does. Plus, he did visit her house in Sinnoh and he met her mother. She really should get the chance to meet his mother but hey, I'm just saying.

If she does, do you guys think Hikari visiting Kanto so late in the DP series raises the possibility of her staying for new Anime series based on new game?

I'm not so sure about this one.
We all know that Satoshi is going to go to the new region, that's a given. I don't want to see Hikari leave, I don't think any Pearlshippers want to see Hikari leave, but that doesn't mean it won't happen.
I guess we'll just have to wait to find out.

asdfjasl;dfj. So I'm finally back...

Things don't look too Pearlshippy nowadays, eh? Well, as they say, "Good things come to those who wait." Though we've been waiting for a while now... Let's look for the best, guys! Never give up! Yeah! =D

Oh, and uh, welcome new members. I'm not sure who exactly are the new members (weekend-long absence...), but I'll get around to knowing you guys. Welcome to the family! >w<

Uh, YEAH. Hikari is a really important character...and actually gives a damn about Satoshi. Of course she has to visit Pallet. It's tradition!

...Of course, in DP, there HAS been many shocking, new, and "unpredictable" moments. BUUUT... C'mon. She's gotta meet his mom in-person sooner or later.

Maybe... If Hikari decides to leave to do contests in an older region, it'd just be a copy/paste of Haruka's reason for departure. I don't think the DP writers will do that... Actually, I think the chances of Hikari sticking for the next region are pretty good. She's basically a female version of Satoshi (only less denser...and more feminine) and her story and journey mirrors Satoshi's first adventure in more ways than one. Plus, I don't think the writers are ready to give her up just yet. So much build up on her character...and for what if they're just gonna dump her like that.

So, basically, if she does venture to Pallet with Satoshi, I think she'd have a slightly higher chance of staying.

...But that's just me.

hopeful sleeper

carefree dreamer
Do you guys think Hikari will visit Satoshi's house in Kanto after he league?

I don't have anything more to say beyond what others did already regarding this topic. It seems rather obvious to me that Dawn will visit Pallet at the end of DP.

For the moment, I wouldn't venture to predict what will be further fate of Hikari. There are so many factors involved here thet there is impossible to guess now. However, it seems that Pallet Town episodes most likely taking place just before new series start can work in our favour.

It isn't hard to notice that lately some of you are saddened due to lack of hints in the recent episodes. Well, maybe but I would stop short of saying that

Things don't look too Pearlshippy nowadays,

I know that Togekiss episode was a good opportunity to be more shippy and all but I wouldn't wring my hands because of it.
Again: not today, nor tomorrow then some other day

I know that this might not apply to shippers of every desription but sometimes it's better not to expect shipping moments in given episode and rather enjoy what this show is really about and to surprise positively - which always tastes better.

Keep your chin up. The best is still awaiting us.

Last edited:

pearlshipping is win

pearlshipping ftw!!!
Do you guys think Hikari will visit Satoshi's house in Kanto after the league
Not only think butI expect it to happen. Ithink that Delia might do to Ash what Lyra did for Dawn and ask "Is she your girlfriend?" then Ash looks all surprised and Dawn ha deja vu *squeals*

Oh you know it. I don't want to see Dawn go and neither does Japan! She has so much development needed to be done and i'm not just talking character, I'm talking romantic!

Last edited:

ST8

Fourth Gen Veteran
I haven't posted in a while, probably because i haven't been really excited about recent events, although they are important just not really really romantic. That and the new games have kept me away from the forum but I'm back now.

I think that will all depend on what will happen at the pokemon league and grand festival, if Ash or Dawn win we could see something different happening (what is the definition of a Pokemon Master/Top Coordinator anyway?). I think yes otherwise.

Four seasons in one region, longest ever time spent in a region. I think that we have a very good chance of Dawn coming along with Ash to this new enigmatic region based on the real facts that have been shown in the anime. It would seem very unsensible not too because the creators need to think about keeping pokemon popular. The anime series plays a big part in that.

trustest_friend

for the best
I think so, When GF and League end, Ash and Dawn will join next GF and league from another region. I think they will visit Dawn's home first, take a boat and visit Ash's home.

May be, may be not. If replacement is a traditionalism in anime Pokemon then I will miss
her. May be next gen will be dual stories about Ash and Dawn.

JPG

so much going on in the world of pearlshipping. seems we got a lot of new members. well, welcome to you all.

i have a strong feeling, as close as they are, she will want to meet his mother in person and see his hometown. and i can see his home pokemon loving dawn as much as his on hand pokemon do now.

hmmmmm i just hope so. but its too soon to know what the format for the new anime series.

and dont worry. i didnt come empty handed. i have a new pearlshipping fic for everyone to read. its a bit lemony but nothing too dirty. at least not yet.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5874414/1/

First preview summary of Grand Festival Episode 1 is out (from Animedia Magazine).
This is only a quick translation. I will post more detailed summary once I get the book or find more information.
It has been confirmed that Tomioka wrote 1st GF episode(DP174), and Fujita wrote 2nd episode, which is Hikari Vs Urara(DP175).

リッシ湖のサイドリゾートのパーティ会場で
ノゾミをはじめとした激戦を繰り広げて来たライバル達集結。
一次審査でヒカリはヒノアラシとミミロルで挑戦。

At the Lakeside Resort party arena,
start from Nozomi, entire casts of rival gathers.
For the 1st appeal round, Hikari sends out Mimiroll and Hinoarashi.

A party before GF eh? And all rivals... Yup, Kengo will be there too.
Let's see what happens.

Last edited:

ST8

Fourth Gen Veteran
We have something good and maybe something more in the first two GF episodes then. Mimiroll is Buneary if I'm not very much mistaken and Hinoarashi I think is Cyndaquil (Just in case the new members don't speak japanese). JPG that is one brilliant fanfiction. It puts Ash into a completely different perspective when it comes to romance, abit heavy on the snogging though. Thank you for saying that Ash won the Sinnoh league as well (aside from Pearlshipping becoming canon, Ash defeating Paul in final league battle is the other thing I long to happen in the Anime) I'm counting on you to finish what is already a brilliant fic.

PKPrincess

... :eek: ... It's been a really, really long time since I've posted. Run up a phone bill and this is wht happens.

Welcome to all the new members, btw.

Probably, 'cuz Misty and May did.

I think Dawn will stay anyway, the writers will make the BF in Johto and coincedentally, there are contests there, too. So Dawn will travel with Ash.

Kaush22

Beyond The Limits
It's Nice to see that this thread is becoming more active with new and old Pearlshippers alike. Before I answer the question, a update on bulbapedia got my attention. Apparently a band named Sukima Switch will be performing the theme song of movie 13 and the song is a "medium-tempo love song". Just throwing it out there.

She has to, it just wouldn't make sense as Ash visited her's.
Thanks,
Kaush22

Haggahagga

Wakka Wakka!
I gots some catch up time so I'll answer the topics

She better, otherwise I'll will be most displeased grrr but really I don't see why Dawn shouldn't, as PKPrincess mentioned, Misty and May did, besides, Ash owes her BIG TIME!!

Im a little unsure with this one, it depends on how popular Dawn is I personally think but anything can happen

Niker117

... :eek: ... It's been a really, really long time since I've posted. Run up a phone bill and this is wht happens.

Welcome to all the new members, btw.

Probably, 'cuz Misty and May did.

I think Dawn will stay anyway, the writers will make the BF in Johto and coincedentally, there are contests there, too. So Dawn will travel with Ash.
And Lyra is there <.<

Soul Silver rocks btw! Got it yesterday and I got 5 hours playing time even tho I had school :D

Cheers,
Niker

PS: I'm 17 and not shy of playing pokemon! Yay!

MINK

Hey guys

Updates on the 5th generation games are up, and it shows scans from CoroCoro magazine, a couple of which include a girl sprite which i think is the the new female player charachter - http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

If that is her then she could be the replacement of Dawn in the anime right? Though I can't help but think that they look a lot a like. They have similar colours. Her hair kinda looks like her contest hair. MAYBE she's a new version of Dawn (= Dawn travels with Ash next generation) ;)

If it isn't new Dawn, then you would think that if they had intentions to replace Dawn next generation with their new female player charachter that they would make her more different??? I don't know. What do you think??

She has Ash's trademark style hat (!) They can't have two protagonists with caps!

I could be very wrong. Probably am. It's probably an entirely new charachter, buttttt you never know...

It would be nice if Ash and Dawn continued to travel together <3

Last edited:

Niker117

Hey guys

Updates on the 5th generation games are on Bulbapedia, and it shows scans from CoroCoro magazine, a couple of which include a girl sprite which i think could possibly be the new female player charachter - http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/File:CoroCoro_BW6.jpg

http://archives.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/5/51/CoroCoro_BW5.jpg

If that is her then she could be the replacement of Dawn in the anime right? Though I can't help but think that they look a lot a like. They have similar colours. Her hair kinda looks like her contest hair. MAYBE she's a new version of Dawn (= Dawn travels with Ash next generation) ;)

If it isn't new Dawn, then you would think that if they had intentions to replace Dawn next generation with their new female player charachter that they would make her more different.

She has Ash's trademark style hat (!) They can't have two protagonists with caps!

It hasn't been confirmed that that's the new player charachter though I don't think, so I could be very very wrong. Probably am. Even if it is the new female player, it's probably an entirely new charachter, buttttt you never know...

Don't Lose hope Shippers!

We cannot have Dawn replaced, not after everything we've been through!

If they do I'll personally go to japan next year and do a hunger strike in front of Shogakukan haha

Cheers;
Niker

Niker117: Please delete your double post, and make sure to stay on-topic (based on your previous post). Just a warning for now, thank you. =)

Though I can't help but think that they look a lot a like. They have similar colours. Her hair kinda looks like her contest hair. MAYBE she's a new version of Dawn (= Dawn travels with Ash next generation) ;)
LOL, those were my thoughts EXACTLY. XD She does look similar to Dawn though... Hey, you never know. Ash's Sinnoh clothes looks very similar to Lucas' clothes, so maybe they could do the same with Dawn and this new female.

I honestly hope the writers for the anime stop this "dropping of the girls from the main cast" trend once and for all. It gets really frustrating after 2 times, and a third time would just be sick. I get attached to the girl, and then she leaves.. And this time, I'm REALLY attached to Dawn. She needs to be with Ash~

But anyway... It is possible that Dawn might travel with Ash more. Personally, I feel DP has more to offer in their relationship, but they're shoving that aside to make way for the League and GF before the new games arrive. It's a real shame really, especially since SatoHika had so much early development. ;_; Hopefully if Dawn continues traveling on the cast, we can see far more interactions and hints from the two.

I know, right? It would be fantastic, really. For all the right reasons, I just can't see them separate after all this time, you know? If they're just going to drop Dawn, then what was the point of High Touch? Dawn was the only girl who got to sing a theme song [with Ash] out of the others, and I can't, for the life of me, imagine any other person who would click with Ash like Dawn did.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.