• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
What do you expect the upcoming 13th movie to be SatoHika-wise? Something big. This is might be the final Hikari movie So let this go with a bang and with Satoshi protect Hikari from Zoruark or Zoruark trys to kill Satoshi or something.Hikari will cry for his death. As Hikari's possible final movie I hope for the biggest hint for Pearlshipping.Oh and I getting ready for graduation final year so I hope for the best Pearlshipping Hint ever.Oh I have fanfics to share. fanfiction.net/u/1772800/PEARLSHIPPERBRETT.

Why would you want Ash to be killed just to prove a shippy piont? I don't think I would want Ash to be killed for Hikari to show some true emotion. Try something else.

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
Why would you want Ash to be killed just to prove a shippy piont? I don't think I would want Ash to be killed for Hikari to show some true emotion. Try something else.

I think we need a Good Ash death. I love Ash but They had a Ash death major for the major ships movie 2 and movie 9 I think this will be that movie.

UDI

Orange Hero
hi, I bring information, the blog where said alleged information of the new anime B&W its taken down

as has been speculated that the information given by this blog may be fake, maybe Dawn not leave the series and travel to the Isshu region with Ash!

TrainerOfLegend

What do you expect the upcoming 13th movie to be SatoHika-wise?

A touching a moving scenario would be something like this:

In the beginning of the movie, we find Ash and Dawn arguing. This time it is more worse than any other fight they had. So much so that Dawn takes off running away from Ash, sparking the events of the movie. The villian of the movie towards the end tortures Zoroark and it attacks Dawn in a blind rage, accidentally causing her to die. Ash becomes enraged at what Zoroark has done and has an all out battle against it. He gets past the tortured Pokemon and takes on the evil villian of the movie. Ash wins yet again but feels terribly empty after losing Dawn. Celebi see how upset Ash is and offers to take him back in time before their argument began. He agrees after crying with Dawn in his arms. Soon we flashback to the beginning of the movie with Ash remembering everything that has happened. Before the argument can start, he instantly agrees with her and follows along with her. Naturally she would be confused but Ash remembers how painful it was to lose her, so he wants to make sure the events never happen.

I know something like that will never happen, but a man can dream can't he?

I hope that a character dies, then true feelings from the other emerge and BOOM! tears bring dead character alive. If it were any other Y7-show then this would seem unthinkable, but lucky for us, a death of any kind has happened atleast once every movie, even if the character is revived/seen later alive for some reason.

Part of the movie is based on the three Legendary Dogs randomly attacking a town. Maybe either Ash or Dawn get hurt here? From what I remember, every movie has one main legendary. In every movie that Ash has "died" in, the main legendary revives him(Movie #1-Mewtwo, #3-Entei, #8-Mew, #9-Manaphy) and considering the main legendary is a "bad guy", then it doesn't seem to follow the trend.

However, I won't give up hope that the ultimate pearshipper moment will arrive in Movie #13!

TrainerOfLegend

Let's see... It would be great if Satoshi was injured during an encounter and Hikari hugs him with worried eyes. Just a tiny hug would be beneficial to us PearlShippers and it would make such a cute scene. <3

I bring another Pearl video~ (I'm on a roll guys haha)

PearlShipping - Ordinary Day

Enjoy while I go to bed... zzzzz

Cool video, but I liked the first one you posted more.

Also, I found a video series that shows the pearshipping moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Txw45gVpwsU

There are three videos, so you should check em out after you see the first one.

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
Cool video, but I liked the first one you posted more.

Thanks~ Haha. Well I'm glad you liked both of the videos :)

Ahh interesting. Though I would rather watch these videos with the Japanese version haha xD

Well I come bearing some new fanart from Pixiv. :)

[img139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/KatsuJ/Satoshi/Satoshi%20and%20Hikari/11196280.jpg[/img139]
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=11196280

[img139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/KatsuJ/Satoshi/Satoshi%20and%20Hikari/10676697.jpg[/img139]
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=10676697

[img139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/KatsuJ/Satoshi/Satoshi%20and%20Hikari/11278951.jpg[/img139]
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=11278951

[img139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/KatsuJ/Satoshi/Satoshi%20and%20Hikari/11313699.png[/img139]
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=11313699

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
I really like that third one. Its so well done. It has a warm feel to it. Not too over the top, but not too bland. Colors are well chosen and I like the outfits chosen for them. Also, interesting choice of Pokemon. I like that its not the obvious Pikachu/Piplup pairing.

polo150

Diehard Pearlshipper
I agree, 3rd is the best picture, I love it!
That said, the real reason why I wanted to post is that I thought about something concerning KibaLG8's post about the first info for the black and white anime(don't worry I will make a link with pearlshipping at the end). in the article, they talk about a new heroine. When I saw this, I told myself "who is pokemon's current hero/heroine?" and the answer was obviously ASH! That said, I think by talking about a new heroine, they could be saying that Ash is the one to leave. Then obviously that would also mean that they are going to start anew with black and white.

That said I think this would be the best thing for us because it would allow pearlshipping to get a HUGE finale( a hug or a blush would be really nice) at the end of the league as it wouldn't affect the serie.

to answer the question about what is going to happen in the league, I would answer it like this:
if Ash is going to come back in b&w, i dont expect anything big, only cheering and usual stuff or some onesided stuff on dawn's part. i mean they can't have anything that would change ash's personality as it would affect the whole serie.
but if my theory is true, then, as I said before, I expect this shipping to become canon! It wouldn't matter at all as the b&w serie wouldn't be affected.

If that happens, I might continue watching the serie, but if Dawn leaves and nothing happens, if probably gonna abandon this anime. I mean, this "ashy shipping cannot become canon" thing is really getting old...

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
If they both left (especially Satoshi ;w; ), then I would probably not watch the anime anymore (though there is a small possibility of me tuning in to see how the new series without Satoshi and/or Hikari is like). :x

Hauu~ I'm still supporting Pearl no matter what the circumstances <3

So I was re-reading the Movie 10 manga for my AMV that I linked a few posts back and found these little moments not featured in the movie. Haha I scanned them myself :)

Janovy

Banned
Hey guys, sorry for inactivity, but this week just seemed loooong, too long for my taste. Maybe it's the Kenny episode...hehe, never mind.

Katsu, I can't see your scanned images for an unknown reason D:

But, I did find some scenes in the manga of the movie 10, just like Katsu scanned some. I manga version of the movie, when Dialga hits the balloon with everyone in it, Dawn falls as Ash grabs her hand. After she slips he risks his life by jumping from the balloon with Pikachu and grabs her landing safely on the floor with Dawn. The scene from manga seemed more pearlshippy than the one from the movie, even though the movie one had the shot focused on their hands.

Well that would be all from me, until...I don't know. As soon as I find something related to pearlshipping, I'll let you know. :D

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
Katsu, I can't see your scanned images for an unknown reason D:

But, I did find some scenes in the manga of the movie 10, just like Katsu scanned some. I manga version of the movie, when Dialga hits the balloon with everyone in it, Dawn falls as Ash grabs her hand. After she slips he risks his life by jumping from the balloon with Pikachu and grabs her landing safely on the floor with Dawn. The scene from manga seemed more pearlshippy than the one from the movie, even though the movie one had the shot focused on their hands.

Not a problem~ :) We do have lives after all haha.

Aww ;w; IDK, I can see it fine...

That's the scene I scanned and also at one part where Darkrai attacks the city, Satoshi grabs her and yells "Watch out!" as they dodge its attacks.

I wish I had the movie 11 manga. ;w;

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
Aw thanks for posting the Fanart Katsu , They were really <3 . I really liked the first one and the one with Fukamaru because Fukamaru makes any pic awesome and this instance the fukamaru made the epic more awesome.

The movie manga ;; , it brought back memories of my first fangirl scream ( yes you read it ) . I was starting to like pearlshipping at that time and when I saw and read that boom I did my first fangirl scream : DDDDD ( A thing that rarely happens and has happened like 4 times only xP ).

To end this wow nice video Katsu-pika :3 . I really like your videos xP , they are really well made and I can easily say how they are the best that I have seen in a while , keep up the good work.

Wil said:

Last edited:

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Na, Ash didn't really loose in this episode he won Dawn in the end :p
I'd love for Conway to be kind of like the Harley of the league.
He's creepy like him, it'd be funny if he kept being all so you and your boyfriend looking around here?
And welcome new Pearlshippers.

I see. So you said that Ash didn't really lose the battle. I think that Flint of the Elite Four convince Ash to let Kenny win. I knew that Dawn has some feelings for Ash.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
Ash lost due to him trying out a new battle style. He trying gauging Empoleon's strength by letting Buizel taking the hits instead of dodging. Ash never though that Buizel may not be resilient enough to take hit and be able to attack afterward. Under any other circumstances, Kenny would have lost outright.

This was merely a chance to give Kenny one good final goodbye. Losing in the Appeal Rounds of the Grand Festival and then losing to another character does not bode well for Kenny. So they threw him a bone by letting him beat Ash. Had Ash known what Kenny had said to her, he would have done nothing short of crushing him to make sure he would think twice for ever treating Dawn like a prize.

But I honestly never though Dawn would willing go with Kenny in the first place. He kept constantly poking fun at her and was becoming obnoxious. In the last Contest he competed in against her, he constantly kept going on about how he was going to defeat her, while the entire time Dawn considered this just another opportunity for a Ribbon. She was so excited about getting her final ribbon that who her opponent was didn't matter. She just wanted to finally win that last one. But when Kenny showed up, all he ever did was talk about how he was going to beat her.

So for her to travel with him, what would have changed? He would have still been the obnoxious boy who things he is so above her. It doesn't help that the only reason she is with him is because he beat Ash in a battle. He would probably treat her as if she was a prize. Constantly bringing up that she can't leave because he beat Ash. The two traveling together would probably be nothing short of miserable for her.

So I could care less if he won. Still doesn't change the fact that she still chose Ash over him. He can be jealous all he wants, but at the end of the day it will be Ash's arms she runs into, not his.

Last edited:

Naminésky

oh snap

Oh my goodness, those are my videos :) & I'm in the process of making a fourth. It'll be a while, but keep an eye out for it! ^^

Do you guys think any pearlshipping hints will happen in EP 181 with Buck?
I doubt it. DP 180 was a big "shippy" episode, so I expect the next few episodes to be, well, nonshippy.

What do you expect the upcoming 13th movie to be SatoHika-wise?
Every DP movie has had a certain little something that pleases us PearlShippers, so I expect that this movie will be no different. I can only hope that something BIG will happen *.*

I really like this idea of Ash dying and Dawn bringing him back to life :) I hope it wouldn't be TOO cliché... like the tears thing, that has been done before.

Also, Katsu Koneko, your AMV's are awesome! That song "Ordinary Day" by Vanessa Carlton suits them so well. I was hoping someone would make a Pearl AMV about it :)

(p.s. the manga scans made me squeal <3 The Rise of Darkrai scene was so much more romantic than the movie's because he risked his life haha!)

UDI

Orange Hero

Ash wants to be nice to have a treasure you are looking for Buck, and at the end does not stay with any being that had the opportunity to stay with a treasure, then Dawn asks Ash why do not grabbed a treasure, Ash looks at him and says "I've always been a treasure next to me," Ash, said this, leaving from Dawn while it blushed.

*daydream*

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?

Ash wants to be nice to have a treasure you are looking for Buck, and at the end does not stay with any being that had the opportunity to stay with a treasure, then Dawn asks Ash why do not grabbed a treasure, Ash looks at him and says "I've always been a treasure next to me," Ash, said this, leaving from Dawn while it blushed.

*daydream*

Kinda hard to understand, but you're saying that Ash and Buck find the treasure. Then they leave and Dawn asks "Why didn't you take anything?" and Ash responds " It's cause I already have a treasure" while looking at her. hen she blushes while he walks away.

Sounds like a great moment to me. It would also give us some insight on how Ash feels about Dawn.

TrainerOfLegend

Oh my goodness, those are my videos :) & I'm in the process of making a fourth. It'll be a while, but keep an eye out for it! ^^

OMFG I want an autograph NAO:)

I subscribed like 2 days ago, and liked all three of your pearlshipping vids.

Anyhow, Ontopic:

Concerning what someone said about Ash and Dawn leaving being the perfect way to make Pearlshipping canon, I have to disagree. Sure, it might spark speculation, and if Dawn and Ash actually kiss in the end of Sinnoh League victors then it's made canon, but I'd rather see Dawn disappear with a few appearances thru the series than have Ash leave. I remember watching Pokemon Chronicles the first time it aired here in the US, thinking that it was going to replace the series I adore... Until shortly afterwards, when i found out this was just a spin-off.

I truly don't believe that Dawn will leave by the end of Sinnoh League Victors. Just look at my sig!

Status
Not open for further replies.