• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
I'll continue to watch as long as Ash is on the show though, cuz he's always been my favorite FYI.

My sentiments exactly. :)

May was hated, Dawn was hated, now this new girl is hated (or will be hated)... its pretty much an invevitability. Some people just don't like the change from a fimilar and liked character to a new, unknown and, in this case, strange looking girl.

I personally tend to reserve judgment until I see what the girl's personality is like.

You are correct. I used to hate May, but then I grew to like her, then Dawn came along and I loved her design & personality immediately. :)
I'm doing the same thing. I'd rather see how the girl's personality is like since it's basically judging a book by its cover if we judge it now. Though it's inevitable like you said.

Wouldn't it be easier to look here?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shipping:PearlShipping

And then just expand on the points, add screenshots, etc.?

http://mint.45.kg/satohika/index2.html
You can also use this site as an added bonus. :)

Endless Summer made another Pearl video. <3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhAHEMpsOpc

TrainerOfLegend

Personally, I've never hated any of Ash's companions. Infact, I hope for the best, and can't wait for the previews to come up. I even made a sig comment(in sig, lol)

As for Dawn leaving, if she really DOES leave, then that's acceptable AS LONG AS DAWN'S SENDOFF=MISTY'S SENDOFF!

pokeash

Multishipper
Well I´m not feel good :( , in one side maybe Ash leaves the anime with Dawn, that is good but in other side if Ash stay for other four years in the new anime and Dawn leaves the anime I will never see the anime, I see Ash traveling and traveling for 13 years and I want that he leave the series with a girl, May or Dawn, I prefer Dawn but not Misty.

I want to see the next episodes of the league and the end for calm down my mind, but I keep my hopes up.

Last edited:

Naminésky

oh snap
Hey everyone! I'm back.

I was expecting something much worse when the BW (now it stands for Best Wishes :p) info came out, so I'm not very upset over it. There wasn't really anything shocking that was revealed, aside from the fact that Iris IS actually the new girl, and there was a boy there as well. Perhaps the rival? ... I don't know. (Will I even watch the new series..?)

Anyway, it doesn't look like Dawn's going to be staying...It's sad, but you must admit it's very likely she will leave. There's a fine line between hopeful and delusional. But I don't want to clog the Pearl thread with my negative-ness. If Dawn DOES, we better have a hell of a goodbye, so that's something to look forward to... (I could go into it, but I'd end up screaming about why Dawn SHOULDN'T leave, and it would get majorly off-topic.) And OF COURSE I will still support PearlShipping, forever, even if it doesn't get any closure. No doubt about that. I'll keep posting here and everything. We are all PearlShippers, we need to stick together! :)

FrostCrusher

Well, so far...

At least there's still a good chance that she'll get cameos. It's not like they'll write her out of the show permanently. I don't see what's the big deal here.

Then the new girl would be gone four years later and he has a new female companion and so on.

TrainerOfLegend

Well, if you go to the anime spoilers page, in a thread called "New Info leaked" or something like that, you can see teshub grabbing onto Dawn...alot.

Anyhow, I'm sad that Dawn is going but I'm not gonna mope because now I will support AshxDawn and AshxIris!

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
I just want to say that... even if Dawn will leave, I'm certain that it will at least be clear that she does love Ash. I think the most recent ending makes that pretty clear, as I mentioned before.

The new anime preview did not mention Ash, Dawn, or Brock, which makes me wonder about a fresh restart. The hair style of the guy just doesn't seem right for a rival. Typically the rival has a larger... hair... style... than Ash does................ Is Iris the new rival? It could be Ash, new guy, (Dawn?) vs. her. Come to think of it, he hasn't had a girl rival yet unless you stretch Misty into one. That could be interesting...

Also, as much as I'd hate for Dawn (and even Brock) to leave, I love the fact that so much can be read out of this last ending. Just goes to show that Pokemon, even as a "kid's show" can have awesome literary (visual?) device usage.

TrainerOfLegend

That ending was the most powerfully emotional ending in Pokemon EVAR

Next comes the PokeRap, in Spanish!

Seriously, I would love to see a moment similar to Movie 9, where Ash put May's life in front of his, then went alone and risked his life to save everyone. After that, May was all "Yes! Oh wait, Ash!"

Janovy

Banned
I loved the episode just because of her. :D I've noticed how loud was she cheering for Ash, lol. She seemed pretty impressed with him and his Pokemon, but still I hope something much bigger happens.

What I thought would happen was the scene when Ash couldn't fall asleep. I know, I know, Dawn was the first one to ask him if everything was alright, but still she could have followed him on the balcony. Especially on such a pretty night with all those stars. <3

The ending was heartbreaking with each member of the trio looking in opposite directions, each looking forward to their goals and dreams. That was an actual foreshadowing from the writers. I'm sad about such an amazing character as Dawn leaving, but I won't quit PearlShipping, EVER! :)

Xx-Endless_Summer-xX

Pearl and Coma <3
-is back- Hello xD

DP183 was great like everyone else said~

[IMG139]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w167/Xx-Endless_Summer-xX/001.jpg?t=1278066023[/IMG139]
Hikari: So, what 3 Pokemon will you use to fight Naoshi?

[IMG139]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w167/Xx-Endless_Summer-xX/002.jpg?t=1278066508[/IMG139]
Satoshi: It's a secret, It's a secret~

[IMG139]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w167/Xx-Endless_Summer-xX/003-1.jpg?t=1278066590[/IMG139]
Satoshi: You just look foward to it.

And also that bit in the ending under the tree xD
[IMG139]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w167/Xx-Endless_Summer-xX/004.jpg?t=1278066712[/IMG139]
They're all looking separate ways.

[IMG139]http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w167/Xx-Endless_Summer-xX/005.jpg?t=1278066779[/IMG139]
Then Satoshi and Hikari look at each other, while Takeshi turns his head even further away XD

Anyways, like most of you here, if Pearlshipping doesn't get closure (I don't really expect it to anyway, I do expect a good farewell ep though) I will still support it of course. And I'll look foward to Hikari's cameos <3 Those small guest appearences are always a good chance to throw in some nice hints. :D I can imagine Hikari being all freaked out over Iris' hair xDD Asking if she can use bubblebeam to tame it and whatnot...I hope Iris is the jealous type...when Hikari makes an appearence, they could make a funny rivalry from that xD Even better if Hikari stays and they're all together...but it seems unlikely at this point so...*shrugs*

Hmm Pearlshipping Day is soon, July 19th...I'll try to draw something for it xD

Well, until next time..seeya~ Keep up the posts~

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
Yess finally an HD version is up. <3

Oh wow good eye. Keyhole was lagging at that part so I did not know what really went on in that scene.

Thanks for the screenshots! I knewww they were facing each other in the tree scene. Awww so cuute. <3

hopeful sleeper

carefree dreamer
To make it clear - I really don't mind that new girl. I really don't mind any character. I don't care who is in the cast as long as both Ash and Dawn are there as well.

I respect that some of you are so attached to the pokemon anime that you will be still watching it regardless of future fate of pearlshipping. I'm not going to compel you to change an attitude.

My opinion on ending animation: Dawn And Ash are indeed looking in different directions under the tree, near the waterfall and in the firework picture yet Hikari's eyes fall eventually on Satoshi in all of those three scenes.

And one more thing: Do not act as if all has been already settled, please?

foxkrystal

Badaladaladala!
eeee!! XD
I thought that DP183 was an awesome episode and what all of you liked in regards to Hikari waking up to Satoshi's worries, the new ending, and Satoshi telling Hikari that his three pokemon are a secret (the wink must have been from Hikari's winks back in the previous episodes).
There's one thing that I can point out about DP183. You guys were right, Kohei was putting humor into the league and he shoved it into overdrive this episode. I'm hoping that Satoshi will see Hikari's problem and try to help her out on DP185, however, he is pretty dense but he does worry for Hikari quite a bit.
For the next two new characters for the new anime, I compared the sketch of Iris and Satoshi's and they have similar skin and hair color (hopefully I'm not wrong when she appears). Iris could be a relative instead of a stranger to Satoshi just to make the pokemon anime a little different than the last three. It would be awesome if Satoshi has one new guy traveling companion who he doesn't know and one blood-relative traveling companion who is Iris. Besides, Both Satoshi and Iris have crazy hair that sticks out if you know what I mean.

Last edited:

Xx-Endless_Summer-xX

Pearl and Coma <3
All those scenes, were they exactly what Satoshi said?

The scene where Hikari asked Satoshi which Pokemon he would use? Yeah, I translated it XD

Iris being a relative would be interesting...though if It's like that.. I think they would keep Hikari, since they kinda need a main Satoship to show off a bit. If Iris is a relative then that's a no-go xD That would be a nice set up though.

I hope something comes out of the whole Kouhei thing too...I can imagine many scenes, so much is possible with his strange behaviour XD I hope he makes some sort of rivalry comment to Satoshi about Hikari right before they go into the stadium, and Satoshi's left standing there like "Eh? o.o"

Hmm...

I feel like we should make more SatoHika stuff XD More banners, icons, fanart, post more screens, amvs etc :D Not that I'm an active poster..I should shut up xD;;; I just like seeing that stuff...

Well...oh "Pearlshipping Central" eh? That site looks awesome. Nice idea :3

Janovy

Banned
Wut? Pearlshipping day is coming up? Okay, you can expect a fan fic from me related on that matter, just to celebrate. Here's a small trailer! :D

When two trainers end up all alone on an abandoned island without their Pokemon to help them, a whole new situation is born. Only relaying on each other, will Ash and Dawn be able to get off the strange island and how will the event affect their long-term friendship?

P. Shipwreck - Coming on July 19th!

lol! :D I really hope I'll be able to pull this out.

TrainerOfLegend

When is Pearlshipping Day 2010?

I thought it was in September...

Anyhow, I don't think Iris is Ash's cousin or something. The sketches shown have nothing to do with how tanned their skin is. They were just shaded.

Well...oh "Pearlshipping Central" eh? That site looks awesome. Nice idea :3

Thank you!

EDIT: OMFG LEAKED IMAGES OF DAWN IN B&W, POSSIBLY FAKE, OR NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHECK THIS THREAD
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=456610

http://imepita.jp/20100703/012720

Last edited:

TrainerOfLegend

There's such a thing called a Pearlshipping day?

I'll probably dredge up some Pearlshipping AMV-worthy J-Pop/J-Rock songs.

Did you read my last post, check out the pictures man!

And yes, there is a Pearlshipping Day.

Status
Not open for further replies.