• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopeful sleeper

carefree dreamer
If the picture brought by UDI is authentic, then I'm really starting to hope for something nice to happen tomorrow. But then again, we know how it usually ends, when we're expecting much.

The more pearlshippiness is included in the league episodes, the better it augurs for the future.

There indeed aren't a lot of users posting here recently but I guess that's for the reason we have a vacation. Plus, there was a break in the anime last week, so...

Hopefully new episodes will provide us something that can bring people back and make the thread become active again.

And sorry for not answering the deathseer's question but I'm a bit not in the mood for these kinds of topics at the moment...

DigitalUpkeep

I make no sense.
After his long travels in Isshu, Ashe decides to pass through Sinnoh before he goes home to see Dawn. He gives her a call telling her that he will be there in about a day or two. After winning the Grand Festival against Zoey, she doesn't have much time to celebrate considering he is on his way. But neither does Ash considering he has won the Isshu League.

So Dawn decides to plan a picnic for Ash and his Pokemon along with hers. Naturally she had figured that food would be the one thing Ash would want after a huge battle. With various snacks and delights, she figured he would be more than satisfied with her cooking.

So the picnic goes off without a hitch, with even time to play around with the Pokemon. Everyone is having a great time, but Dawn is just happy that she can see Ash again. And it doesn't exactly help that she is captivated by his new found maturity.

So after all the fun, the two rest as the sun is going down. Sitting under a tree, trying to get some shade from the heat. Dawn lays in Ash's lap with her arms around his waist. Ash being still a little dense doesn't seem to understand what she is getting at. But all the while his face is red with embarrassment. It is only now that he has realized how much more beautiful Dawn has gotten, and he didn't even think that was possible.

So right as the sun sets, Dawn can't seem to hold back anymore. As the sun is leaving the horizon, she gently kisses Ash, without even a second thought about it. Naturally he is taken back a bit, but it is normal considering its his first kiss, from a girl like Dawn no less. But in the end, he embraces her seemingly refusing to let go of her. The kiss last for a few seconds, but it feels like a lifetime to both. After wards, they watch the sunset along with their Pokemon.

A bit thought out, but I'd have a heart attack if this actually happened.

I think that would be great. But I dunno if I could wait through the four year Isshu saga for that. Dx.

But this is crazy. I come back to check my PMs and I see this. What is with this constant back and forth with this story that makes little to know sense. I see no Pearlshipping discussion whatsoever.

Yes, it does make no sense. But nobody was really posting, and we had that going to keep us going. It is, as you say, not quite relevant. But it's us being hopeful and wishful and channeling that into a back-and-forth. I agree that we should stop, but no harm done. We didn't hurt anybody. Glad you're back though Deathseer! :3.

Take into consideration if Ash and Dawn were older. In what situation would you imagine their first kiss? How would Dawn react? What would be the set up to it?

Well, it depends of course, on whether or not Dawn is going to leave. If she is, I see it being an "in the heat of the moment" type thing. She and Ash are emotional about separating, and as she or he leaves, it just happens. (then she comes back for BW and everyone is awkward... <_<)

If she stays on, I could see it happening like so: Brock leaves. Dawn and Ash are off to Isshu. Then, as they go, Ash is excited, and expounds on how much fun they'll have, and how much new there is to see, but wishes Brock was there to see it with them. Dawn just watches him, thinking... I dunno, happy thoughts in her head, then as they land/arrive in Isshu, they're just excited and, it's another in the moment thing, before they realize what they've done.

Looking good! We can only hope. Perhaps Conway's saying something about "he watched them one night and saw how close they were" and it's like a "o_o oh dear." moment. Especially the way Ash is looking at Dawn, and the way Brock looks confused. Maybe Conway saw him making out with his pillow. Notice that Ash and Dawn are next to each other too. x3.

Or maybe something extreme, like Conway saying, "Hey Dawn, I know you were dreaming about Ash and watching him while he sleeps..." That would also explain the looks. But if that was true... I'd es'plode. xD.

The more pearlshippiness is included in the league episodes, the better it augurs for the future.

I presume it'll be mostly on Dawn's side though, because during the GF it was mostly Ash.

Still, we'll see about DP184 in a day! :D

EDIT: Something occurred to me. What if (if Dawn leaves, if she doesn't leave, this can still happen, and it'd be a win-win!), what if Ash gave Dawn one of his soothe bells? That's something to remember him by, and it's supposedly a sign of connection, bonding and (dubbed-out) love. :3

Last edited:

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
Love Pearlshipping <3

Take into consideration if Ash and Dawn were older. In what situation would you imagine their first kiss? How would Dawn react? What would be the set up to it? First of all why couldn't I think of this question T_T. You are a genius deathseer. :) I'd imagine their first kiss would be in a high tense situation. Dawn would probably be shocked by the kiss especially if Ash is the one to start the kiss or the fact that she is kissing Ash for the first time lol. I think a good set up would be that Ash is saving the world for the 14th time and he kisses Dawn just before he rushes off to save whatever pokemon that needs to be saved. Or after an intense team battle with Dawn Ash would kiss her when they will lol.

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
Looking good! We can only hope. Perhaps Conway's saying something about "he watched them one night and saw how close they were" and it's like a "o_o oh dear." moment. Especially the way Ash is looking at Dawn, and the way Brock looks confused. Maybe Conway saw him making out with his pillow. Notice that Ash and Dawn are next to each other too. x3.

Or maybe something extreme, like Conway saying, "Hey Dawn, I know you were dreaming about Ash and watching him while he sleeps..." That would also explain the looks. But if that was true... I'd es'plode. xD.

EDIT: Something occurred to me. What if (if Dawn leaves, if she doesn't leave, this can still happen, and it'd be a win-win!), what if Ash gave Dawn one of his soothe bells? That's something to remember him by, and it's supposedly a sign of connection, bonding and (dubbed-out) love. :3

You sir, are awesome. (I say this a lot now, but that last point was brilliant).

Ash always has something to remember other people by, but this could be the first time that he gives a girl something to remember him by (sorta). With Misty, she gave him a handkerchief (a sign in Japan that a girl really likes you) and a fishing lure (which Ash treasures). This demonstrated to one-side shipping that is (unfortunately) pokeshipping. With May, it was something they won together, but that demonstrated friendship (I think), not full-on love. With Dawn, the final gift will demonstrate what status their relationship is at. If they're exchanging gifts, Ash giving a soothe bell (which hasn't had any use yet) and Dawn giving something else, would be awesome. For Ash, the soothe bell would represent how he's still maturing with love / relationships, and Dawn would likely give something on a similar level (maybe a kiss? :D).

I've mentioned before what I think of the picture (which looks like it's from a preview for DP 185, sadly, although I can't tell what the japanese says (HELP!)), but I've gotta say it's almost definitely positive for PS. Kouhei seems to be embarrassing Hikari in such a way that Satoshi is totally ignorant of. The real question is, can someone explain away Brock's expression. Please tell me this isn't about lightrockshipping (lol :p).

Deathseer, was this substantial enough? :)

DigitalUpkeep

I make no sense.
You sir, are awesome. (I say this a lot now, but that last point was brilliant).

Awwweh. Thanks you :3. *blush* I think you're awesome too. :3.

With Dawn, the final gift will demonstrate what status their relationship is at. If they're exchanging gifts, Ash giving a soothe bell (which hasn't had any use yet) and Dawn giving something else, would be awesome. For Ash, the soothe bell would represent how he's still maturing with love / relationships, and Dawn would likely give something on a similar level (maybe a kiss? :D).

Now that you bring this up, I suppose we have two favorable options (beyond Dawn staying obviously). If Ash gives Dawn his soothe bell, and Dawn gives him something, I don't know, (besides Buizel), it would have to be on the same level as the soothe bell. That's some pretty heavy stuff, at least in the anime.

I was originally thinking Dawn would give him her first ribbon, like her mom did for her, and I'd still be okay with this, but I think that it needs to be something completely different from May. Perhaps her scarf? That seems to be the most tangible, display of affection/love/friendship, and very visible. It could be another Misty's lure: In Isshu (if Dawn leaves), Ash + Iris(?) + whoever else if any are in a cold area, and Iris(?) wants Ash's scarf, and he freaks and snuggles it or something. x3.

However, we also have the intangible option, the sign that they've progressed beyond tangibles, as a symbol of progressing beyond normal friendship. A kiss would display this, obviously. If they play it up well, they can get both in (and still send Dawn to Isshu *shot for continuous mentions*) Here's to hoping they do both.

I've mentioned before what I think of the picture (which looks like it's from a preview for DP 185, sadly, although I can't tell what the japanese says (HELP!)), but I've gotta say it's almost definitely positive for PS. Kouhei seems to be embarrassing Hikari in such a way that Satoshi is totally ignorant of. The real question is, can someone explain away Brock's expression. Please tell me this isn't about lightrockshipping (lol :p).

After looking at the picture again, I noticed a few things. First of all, Ash's hat seems engorged and lopsided and the OCD side of me is kicking in and it's bothering me.

1. Conway is obviously explaining something.
  2. Dawn is embarrassed, but it's not like in DP182 where Piplup has an initial reaction as well. So he may not understand/be confused.
  3. It looks to me like Ash is having a realization, perhaps a la Dawn in DP076 (when Wallace mentions love)
  4. Brock's expression can easily be construed as being jealous that Ash and Dawn have somebody to love... *shot*
  5. Either way, he's obviously shocked/dumbfounded in some way. (or disturbed, but I doubt that, usually Ash is too.)
  6. Dawn's blush is not on her cheeks, but more towards her nose/eyes.
  7. Dawn seems to be turned away from Conway, can't see through the letters at the bottom (*wishes for X-ray vision*) but she may be holding onto him.
  8. Conway seems self-satisfied, or at least the common garden variety satisfied. Perhaps he has pointed out, matter-of-factly per usual, that it is scientifically obvious Dawn and Ash are in love due to x reasons... :3
  9. DigitalUpkeep needs to be shot.

Oh, and does anyone know what I do with my one-shot? I have it written, but I have no clue how to supply it to pokefan/Katsu. Dx. And the deadline's in two days! I'm going to fail... Dx.

Last edited:

UDI

Orange Hero

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
Awwweh. Thanks you :3. *blush* I think you're awesome too. :3.

Now that you bring this up, I suppose we have two favorable options (beyond Dawn staying obviously). If Ash gives Dawn his soothe bell, and Dawn gives him something, I don't know, (besides Buizel), it would have to be on the same level as the soothe bell. That's some pretty heavy stuff, at least in the anime.

I was originally thinking Dawn would give him her first ribbon, like her mom did for her, and I'd still be okay with this, but I think that it needs to be something completely different from May. Perhaps her scarf? That seems to be the most tangible, display of affection/love/friendship, and very visible. It could be another Misty's lure: In Isshu (if Dawn leaves), Ash + Iris(?) + whoever else if any are in a cold area, and Iris(?) wants Ash's scarf, and he freaks and snuggles it or something. x3.

However, we also have the intangible option, the sign that they've progressed beyond tangibles, as a symbol of progressing beyond normal friendship. A kiss would display this, obviously. If they play it up well, they can get both in (and still send Dawn to Isshu *shot for continuous mentions*) Here's to hoping they do both.

After looking at the picture again, I noticed a few things. First of all, Ash's hat seems engorged and lopsided and the OCD side of me is kicking in and it's bothering me.

1. Conway is obviously explaining something.
  2. Dawn is embarrassed, but it's not like in DP182 where Piplup has an initial reaction as well. So he may not understand/be confused.
  3. It looks to me like Ash is having a realization, perhaps a la Dawn in DP076 (when Wallace mentions love)
  4. Brock's expression can easily be construed as being jealous that Ash and Dawn have somebody to love... *shot*
  5. Either way, he's obviously shocked/dumbfounded in some way. (or disturbed, but I doubt that, usually Ash is too.)
  6. Dawn's blush is not on her cheeks, but more towards her nose/eyes.
  7. Dawn seems to be turned away from Conway, can't see through the letters at the bottom (*wishes for X-ray vision*) but she may be holding onto him.
  8. Conway seems self-satisfied, or at least the common garden variety satisfied. Perhaps he has pointed out, matter-of-factly per usual, that it is scientifically obvious Dawn and Ash are in love due to x reasons... :3
  9. DigitalUpkeep needs to be shot.

Oh, and does anyone know what I do with my one-shot? I have it written, but I have no clue how to supply it to pokefan/Katsu. Dx. And the deadline's in two days! I'm going to fail... Dx.

Don't get shot DUK! Nooooooooo. haha :) To submit, I just PMed the text to pokefan. That's what they listed a few pages ago (I think it was like 120 or something), so that's what I did.

On to your analysis...

1. Yeah, definitely
  2. Piplup's mouth is disguised, but yeah, he's most definitely not reacting the same. This HAS to be about love.
  3. Not sure about this one, actually. Ash is looking towards Kouhei (I keep forgetting his English name), but he seems just to be in his "whaaaat?" face.
  4. *stops bullet* yikes you're a target. Um, most definitely disturbed, although the most likely reason is that Kouhei is creepy, not because he's mentioning something about love. I'm starting to think this whole scene is just Kouhei being creepy as usual.
  5. Yeah, last time that happened big-time Zoey was massively complimenting Dawn. This could be about love after all.
  6. Dawn's arms are still wrapped around Piplup, I can see one arm and one hand. Her right hand might be on Ash, but that's highly doubtful.
  7. Hope so. The main issue is that his expression and Dawn's reaction seem horribly disconnected. What could Kouhei possibly be describing about Dawn that the others wouldn't know about?
  8. (Again) NOOOOOOOOooooooooooo.

-EDIT- btw, UDI, thanks a bunch for reposting the link and the other idea. Could you find a picture of that moment? That is a definite (and welcome) possibility, although it could mean the end of Dawn...

Well, now that I think a bit more... after a moment like that, May followed Drew... so would Dawn follow Ash? Please don't tell me it's anyone else though. Pllllleeeeeeeeaaaaaase. This could be so good or soo bad.

Last edited:

Mewkachu

Sexuality is a cult.
Take into consideration if Ash and Dawn were older. In what situation would you imagine their first kiss? How would Dawn react? What would be the set up to it?

Well. To answer my own question, I see a scenario like this:

After his long travels in Isshu, Ashe decides to pass through Sinnoh before he goes home to see Dawn. He gives her a call telling her that he will be there in about a day or two. After winning the Grand Festival against Zoey, she doesn't have much time to celebrate considering he is on his way. But neither does Ash considering he has won the Isshu League.

So Dawn decides to plan a picnic for Ash and his Pokemon along with hers. Naturally she had figured that food would be the one thing Ash would want after a huge battle. With various snacks and delights, she figured he would be more than satisfied with her cooking.

So the picnic goes off without a hitch, with even time to play around with the Pokemon. Everyone is having a great time, but Dawn is just happy that she can see Ash again. And it doesn't exactly help that she is captivated by his new found maturity.

So after all the fun, the two rest as the sun is going down. Sitting under a tree, trying to get some shade from the heat. Dawn lays in Ash's lap with her arms around his waist. Ash being still a little dense doesn't seem to understand what she is getting at. But all the while his face is red with embarrassment. It is only now that he has realized how much more beautiful Dawn has gotten, and he didn't even think that was possible.

So right as the sun sets, Dawn can't seem to hold back anymore. As the sun is leaving the horizon, she gently kisses Ash, without even a second thought about it. Naturally he is taken back a bit, but it is normal considering its his first kiss, from a girl like Dawn no less. But in the end, he embraces her seemingly refusing to let go of her. The kiss last for a few seconds, but it feels like a lifetime to both. After wards, they watch the sunset along with their Pokemon.

A bit thought out, but I'd have a heart attack if this actually happened.
I imagined the whole thing in my head.
It's a "Definitely should happen in the movie/anime" situation.
I can tell it was thought out.
My story.

Dawn just won the Grand Festival. Ash wasn't there to see it and she's sad. When Ash does get back from Isshu he has no time for her as he's already given the 'Welcome Back' kisses to May and Misty, and she's even more dejected about that. She goes over to the cliff overlooking Mt. Coronet. It is evening. She worries that Ash will never give her complimentary kisses and she starts to sob. Eventually Ash will come around, but that's later in the story.

Ash drinks some Fresh Water, and then Misty serves him some Lemonade. He goes over to Dawn and gives her a hug. Dawn knows it won't be his final one so she gets a bit cheered up. Ash has to abruptly go to the bathroom from the Lemonade and Fresh Water and walks away into the woods, leaving Pikachu to say "Pika?" in wonder of where he is going. He returns shortly, but gives all of his attention to May.

Then it's time for Misty to step up to the plate. As he did with May, he gives her full attention, giving her a few hugs here and there. Brock sits away from the friends, moaning about how he doesn't get his share. Five minutes later, though, he is hugged and kissed by a sympathetic May, and then May ends up really liking Brock. (Five months later he goes on his journey with new girlfriend May.) Then all of the sudden Misty gets up and turns around not facing Ash. She is mad that he didn't do the same to her as May. Ash then leaves Pikachu to cheer up Misty and goes to Dawn.

Then Ash wraps around her body, arms around her shoulders. He leans forward, with lips aimed at hers, and then kisses her.

This will probably never happen unless it's on Youtube.

DigitalUpkeep

I make no sense.
Don't get shot DUK! Nooooooooo. haha :) To submit, I just PMed the text to pokefan. That's what they listed a few pages ago (I think it was like 120 or something), so that's what I did.

Okie dokie, but isn't there a word limit? 4000 words is a ton...

EDIT: Broke it into two messages and sent!

On to your analysis...

Alrighty! I think I'll answer your analysis of my analysis with parenthesis around your thingers, because it's easier to keep track of.

1. Yeah, definitely (Mhm. mhm. *nod*)
  2. Piplup's mouth is disguised, but yeah, he's most definitely not reacting the same. This HAS to be about love. (Well keep in mind Piplup has a beak, and his eyes betray no emotions. So he perhaps may not know either)
  3. Not sure about this one, actually. Ash is looking towards Kouhei (I keep forgetting his English name), but he seems just to be in his "whaaaat?" face. (Conway, just to let you know. And I'm not necessarily saying he's realizing the same things. That's just what it seems. To me anyway.)
  4. *stops bullet* yikes you're a target. Um, most definitely disturbed, although the most likely reason is that Kouhei is creepy, not because he's mentioning something about love. I'm starting to think this whole scene is just Kouhei being creepy as usual. (But he doesn't look creepy. He looks like a proud parent. His glasses aren't glinting or anything. And anyway, Brock isn't usually freaked by Conway. When he popped up in the stands in DP183, Brock didn't even jump. And stop contradicting yourself, Dx, I'm easily confused.)
  5. Yeah, last time that happened big-time Zoey was massively complimenting Dawn. This could be about love after all.
  6. Dawn's arms are still wrapped around Piplup, I can see one arm and one hand. Her right hand might be on Ash, but that's highly doubtful. (Well, the last time she was scared and Ash was within arm's reach she grabbed him (Croagunk festival ep), so it's not implausible. I agree that it's unlikely though.)
  7. Hope so. The main issue is that his expression and Dawn's reaction seem horribly disconnected. What could Kouhei possibly be describing about Dawn that the others wouldn't know about? (*wishful expression* Perhaps he met Dawn without the others for some reason, and he confronted her about Ash (why, I don't know), and when she told him the truth, he promised not to tell. Now he conveniently forgets about his promise and explains to the group. That would explain the expressions, but this is even more doubtful. *run over by a train*)
  8. (Again) NOOOOOOOOooooooooooo. (Yessssss... :3)

-EDIT- btw, UDI, thanks a bunch for reposting the link and the other idea. Could you find a picture of that moment? That is a definite (and welcome) possibility, although it could mean the end of Dawn...

Not necessarily. For it to mean the end of Dawn, it would have to mean the end of Ash, and we know that's not happening.

Last edited:

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
Okie dokie, but isn't there a word limit? 4000 words is a ton...

EDIT: Broke it into two messages and sent!

Alrighty! I think I'll answer your analysis of my analysis with parenthesis around your thingers, because it's easier to keep track of.

1. Yeah, definitely (Mhm. mhm. *nod*)
  2. Piplup's mouth is disguised, but yeah, he's most definitely not reacting the same. This HAS to be about love. (Well keep in mind Piplup has a beak, and his eyes betray no emotions. So he perhaps may not know either)
  3. Not sure about this one, actually. Ash is looking towards Kouhei (I keep forgetting his English name), but he seems just to be in his "whaaaat?" face. (Conway, just to let you know. And I'm not necessarily saying he's realizing the same things. That's just what it seems. To me anyway.)
  4. *stops bullet* yikes you're a target. Um, most definitely disturbed, although the most likely reason is that Kouhei is creepy, not because he's mentioning something about love. I'm starting to think this whole scene is just Kouhei being creepy as usual. (But he doesn't look creepy. He looks like a proud parent. His glasses aren't glinting or anything. And anyway, Brock isn't usually freaked by Conway. When he popped up in the stands in DP183, Brock didn't even jump. And stop contradicting yourself, Dx, I'm easily confused.)
  6. Dawn's arms are still wrapped around Piplup, I can see one arm and one hand. Her right hand might be on Ash, but that's highly doubtful. (Well, the last time she was scared and Ash was within arm's reach she grabbed him (Croagunk festival ep), so it's not implausible. I agree that it's unlikely though.)
  7. Hope so. The main issue is that his expression and Dawn's reaction seem horribly disconnected. What could Kouhei possibly be describing about Dawn that the others wouldn't know about? (*wishful expression* Perhaps he met Dawn without the others for some reason, and he confronted her about Ash (why, I don't know), and when she told him the truth, he promised not to tell. Now he conveniently forgets about his promise and explains to the group. That would explain the expressions, but this is even more doubtful. *run over by a train*)
  8. (Again) NOOOOOOOOooooooooooo. (Yessssss... :3)

Not necessarily. For it to mean the end of Dawn, it would have to mean the end of Ash, and we know that's not happening.

You know, I like this back and forth. Still quite duopolistic (what is the 2 version of monopoly?) but I like it. (apparently duopolistic is a word...

Congrats on sending it in!

Annnnnnyways. Back on topic. First I want to talk about Black / White for a second, but I swear this is going to go back towards PS eventually.

Ok, so the leaks from CoroCoro (according to bulbapedia) say that the routes reset at 1. You'll also notice that none of the in-game characters have so far showed up in any pre-launch announcement for the anime. This got me thinking that, perhaps, the reason they got in Iris is because this new game isn't set in the same region / nation as the other 4 generations. Now, if this is true, I'm not sure that the anime will travel to Isshu. And if it does, I'm again not sure if Ash might be going, or if he goes, that he'll ever go back. It seems that this new region is just too different, too far out, and too far away to make sense in the anime. While the spoiler sheet seems to include Ash, the BW preview shot from the last episode had a different boy (not in the spoiler) and NO ASH. This makes me think that Ash and Dawn might still be together (off screen, sadly) after this generation.

Back to DUK now.

I'll only respond to a few things:

4. Conway does seem slightly creepy. In the picture he has his eyes closed and seems to be saying something matter-of-factly about Dawn (hence Dawn and Brock's reactions). Now that I look at the scene again though, it's clear that Dawn is slightly farther ahead than either Ash or Brock (likely a result of her position before he showed up). For this reason Ash might be looking at either Dawn or Conway.
6. Yeah, she definitely is not grabbing him, just from the positions of her arms (at the festival, Piplup was on her head).
7. That is entirely possible (also gets hopeful, also gets run over)

Well, yeah, it could either mean the end of Dawn or the permanent bonding of their travels (on together, off together).

Just 7 more hours until the episode's over and people start posting stuff! Yay :D (or am I off horribly somehow)...

riolulu

<riolulu_sppf.exe>

Why do they have to be older to kiss? :p My first kiss was in kindergarten. *ahem* Anyway...well it'd probably be an accident. I can see them going on a date and getting into an argument about something...Dawn getting all in a tizzy for no reason, and then Ash trying to convince her everything was all right and failing. Once she starts crying, he just grabs her and kisses her. She's like "whut" and he's like "Dawn, you're pretty awesome ^^ don't be upset over nothing" and she'll be all "awww Ash <3 you're awesome too =D Okay. I won't get upset." Then there is an awkward moment when they are both just like WOAH A KISS JUST HAPPENED and get all red and turn away from each other XD Yeah...that sounds right.

~riolulu

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
Woow~ I missed a lot in the thread. @w@

Well anyways just watched the episode. Besides a "Satoshi, Do your best!" from Hikari, nothing really happened. Regarding the screenshot. It was just Kouhei being creepy. :p

Then the preview does not feature Hikari at all. :p

Everything has been said already. Hm.. well I'd like there to be rain and they could get lost somewhere and go into a cave. They comfort one another and then a peck. There's also fireworks then a kiss or the other way around.

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
Woow~ I missed a lot in the thread. @w@

Well anyways just watched the episode. Besides a "Satoshi, Do your best!" from Hikari, nothing really happened. Regarding the screenshot. It was just Kouhei being creepy. :p

Then the preview does not feature Hikari at all. :p

Ugh, in a way I'm not tooottaly surprised. Sucks that the screenshot didn't amount to squat, but I didn't think that, given the Paul/Barry battle and the start of the Conway/Ash battle that anything significant would happen PS-wise. Alright, thanks for the update Katsu!

DigitalUpkeep

I make no sense.
You know, I like this back and forth. Still quite duopolistic (what is the 2 version of monopoly?) but I like it. (apparently duopolistic is a word...

xD, we're just awesome. and selfish. xD.

Well, yeah, it could either mean the end of Dawn or the permanent bonding of their travels (on together, off together).

Frankly, that might be the best option. I suppose what could happen is Ash could pull a Brock. The first few eps of BW are just Iris(?) + whoever. Ash and Dawn show up later.

Ugh, in a way I'm not tooottaly surprised. Sucks that the screenshot didn't amount to squat, but I didn't think that, given the Paul/Barry battle and the start of the Conway/Ash battle that anything significant would happen PS-wise. Alright, thanks for the update Katsu!

Dang it. Given all the hoping we did too. x_x. The Conway/Ash battle is sure to bring more hints though.

Well encouragement is always sweet. :3. I hope there's more "Wow, where'd Ash get that Pokemon" kind of thing. Maybe cheer for Gible a little harder. xP.

Everything has been said already. Hm.. well I'd like there to be rain and they could get lost somewhere and go into a cave. They comfort one another and then a peck. There's also fireworks then a kiss or the other way around.

I like this. It brings to mind another idea. Perhaps after the Sinnoh League, Ash is standing on a hill, looking down at... whatever. Just reminiscing about the Sinnoh journey and watching... fireworks? Dawn walks up behind him (like in that opening/ending) and claps him on the back. Then they sit there for awhile, and it just happens.

Katsu did you get my one-shot? Dx. I think it broke again.

hopeful sleeper

carefree dreamer
So much analysis over one picture only to find out it wasn't really a big deal at all...

Whew, I guess today's episode wasn't conducive for pearlshipping scenes to appear as it focused mainly on Jun and Shinji...

If there is no, even small, SatoHika moment in DP185, I'm going to be seriously disappointed.

Maybe the fact that next two (or probably three) episodes are written by Tomioka could work in our favor? There is always a somewhat bigger chance for something to happen in Tomioka episodes... At least it was so until now.

. The Conway/Ash battle is sure to bring more hints though.

Oh, may you be right.

DigitalUpkeep

I make no sense.
So much analysis over one picture only to find out it wasn't really a big deal at all...

Hey, keep in mind it keeps us moving and happy. Try it, it makes you feel optimistic and hopeful, and that can't be bad. Who knows? One of these days we'll be right.

If there is no, even small, SatoHika moment in DP185, I'm going to be seriously disappointed.

There's got to be. Even Ash v Nando had plenty of nice, small moments. And Conway is more of a rival for Ash. It'll probably be much of the same, cheering-wise. The fact that, as Katsu said, even DP184 had a small moment, that bodes well.

Maybe the fact that next two (or probably three) episodes are written by Tomioka could work in our favor? There is always a somewhat bigger chance for something to happen in Tomioka episodes... At least it was so until now.

This I did not know. I agree, this does seem quite promising! :D.

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
OHKAY. So I'm watching episode now and I'll list any good moments, PS or not.

First, Kouhei got REALLY creepy during that screenshot moment, so much so that she collided with Barry. I find that a funny/good sign, since that's another similarity with Ash (over-analyzes, gets run over by train... again).
I'm not sure what everyone says to Barry, but no one seems to believe in him... sad. And then Dawn gets mad... at... him? What's going on? This is a very odd Dawn-centered moment, and I really don't understand it at all.
A major theme of the episode seems to be the trio demeaning Jun/Barry, and Dawn seems, for some reason, to be taking the lead.
Kouhei attacks Ash's bravery over Darkrai? Ok...
Dawn gets sorta disappointed about Ash/Barry's competitiveness. She gets this new face "position" a ton...
Yeah, Barry got decimated. Let me count the ways... One-hit KO to start off, "super effective" attacks having no effect, falling into the same traps Ash fell into, being overly cocky and not responsive during battle... etc. etc. etc. Barry got pwned.
His only saving grace really was Empoleon's counterpart to Blaze (I forget the name), but even then Empoleon seems absolutely de-pokemonized by the end of of the episode. Man he went down hard (I repeat, but ouch).
Fortunately, I can only see this absolute decimation of Barry as a set-up for Ash's battle with him next month.

Oh, and how 'bout another one?
Looks like Gible, Donphan, and Noctowl vs. Shuckle, Lickilicki, and Dusknoir so far from the preview. Also, Gible has Shuckle in place for a really nasty Draco Meteor at point blank. Here's for a great battle!

wind21

What a weird episode. I think, arguably, Ash finished in fourth for the interactions with Hikari award. Conway was first, Barry second, and Brock has a good case for third. In fact, this episode was rather Dawn centered, and Ash was sort of just there, not doing much.

Ash and Hikari, when they are both in the cheering stands, don't really interact that much. And, unfortunately, I felt this was a fair depiction.

Conway was very aggressive; Hikari is now quite freaked out. She backed away from him twice. The first time was near the beginning of the episode; Conway leaned in to her and sort of whispered something with red lines on his face, causing her to backpedal and knock down Barry.

Unlike Kenny, Conway doesn't seem to mind Ash at all.

Well, if you use your imagination at the end of the episode, you can imagine that Conway declared war on Ash over Hikari (laughing). Ash finally got fired up over something Conway said, though I'm really, really sure it was the standard pre-match junk talk that normal, competitive people get into. Judging from the preview, there wasn't any animosity b/w them.

DigitalUpkeep

I make no sense.
I cannot fail to notice that Brock is unaffected by Conway. This makes me wonder. /offtopic

A major theme of the episode seems to be the trio demeaning Jun/Barry, and Dawn seems, for some reason, to be taking the lead.

I doubt it's demeaning. I think they're tempering him before facing Paul, remember he's always talking about whipping Paul's butt. Plus, Dawn doesn't really seem to like being pushed around, and maybe has a grudge on him for not knowing who she is and who her mom is. :p.

Dawn gets sorta disappointed about Ash/Barry's competitiveness. She gets this new face "position" a ton...

I doubt it's "disappointed". It seems to me that she's more resigned to having to put up with them. She didn't ever seem to mind when it's just Ash though, so maybe it's Barry who annoys her. Keep in mind she looks at Barry and gets annoyed.

Yeah, Barry got decimated. Let me count the ways... One-hit KO to start off, "super effective" attacks having no effect, falling into the same traps Ash fell into, being overly cocky and not responsive during battle... etc. etc. etc. Barry got pwned.

Poor guy. Isn't relevant to PearlShipping though. As much as I love Barry and think he's just so cool, overall it doesn't matter in the big picture. :a. Just means Barry wants Ash to kick Paul's butt. I didn't like the battle, storyline-wise or visually, but that's just me. I think it was more of a character process episode.

Looks like Gible, Donphan, and Noctowl vs. Shuckle, Lickilicki, and Dusknoir so far from the preview. Also, Gible has Shuckle in place for a really nasty Draco Meteor at point blank. Here's for a great battle!

That's what Gible's doing? I thought he was just hungry... x_x. Hopefully it'll be like DP183, with shots to Dawn cheering for Ash every 10 seconds. :3.

I think, arguably, Ash finished in fourth for the interactions with Hikari award. Conway was first, Barry second, and Brock has a good case for third. In fact, this episode was rather Dawn centered, and Ash was sort of just there, not doing much.

Interactions mean nothing. If two people were both trying to stand out to you, would you rather have a good friend, who you know well and trust, or a person who wants your attention like the plague and creeps around and pops out at inopportune moments? Just because Conway talked to Dawn the most means nothing. Every time he pops up, honestly, I think he's hurting his chances.

Ash and Hikari, when they are both in the cheering stands, don't really interact that much. And, unfortunately, I felt this was a fair depiction.

Well obviously, they didn't especially want either to win. They're just watching. Maybe if Brock was battling, but anything on that front would've been a bonus.

Unlike Kenny, Conway doesn't seem to mind Ash at all.

Yes, just keep the "Ash is the enemy" quote from the tag-battle tournament in mind. Conway is a whole different story from Kenny though. Ash and Conway basically are only associated with each other through Dawn. So of course they wouldn't mind each other.

I apologize for this long post. I just felt it necessary to individually address the responses.

Kdude146

The thing I loved in DP184 besides the battle is how Dawn went over to Ash after Conway poped up

Status
Not open for further replies.