• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrainerOfLegend

After I posted my comment, i searched for it, and after I looked at the same video that I had seen earlier, I saw the blush!

Naminésky

oh snap
ToL it's probably best if we didn't mention that... even though it really makes me want to scream too. D:

@Naminesky: Cool AMV find! I actually really like what SatoshiHyuga does. There are a ton of good Pearlshipping videos on that channel I've watched before, so that's a good source if you want more! (although your channel's pretty awesome itself :p (If I'm remembering YT-Serebii connections right...)

WAIT: Someone dig up what that anime blogger leaked a while ago. He never mentioned Ash, but said that Brock was gone and that the new girl had crazy hair, right? Can someone bring back the quote?

SatoshiHyuga makes really awesome Pearl videos.. & I like how she doesn't limit herself to one ship. She does PokeAdvanceshipping videos as well... (& If you're thinking MissPsychadelic, then yes. Thank you :3)

I'm pretty sure that anime blogger said along the lines of: "Takeshi is nowhere to be seen... the new heroine's hairstyle is pretty" Nothing about Ash OR Dawn. But people had assumed that the "new heroine" meant no Dawn. So that's where that all came from..

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
SatoshiHyuga makes really awesome Pearl videos.. & I like how she doesn't limit herself to one ship. She does PokeAdvanceshipping videos as well... (& If you're thinking MissPsychadelic, then yes. Thank you :3)

Yeah, that's true too :).

Yay MissPsychadelic! *high five* :D

I'm pretty sure that anime blogger said along the lines of: "Takeshi is nowhere to be seen... the new heroine's hairstyle is pretty" Nothing about Ash OR Dawn. But people had assumed that the "new heroine" meant no Dawn. So that's where that all came from..

Huh, ok, cool. Thanks for the update :).

*sighs* Man, today was amazing :) It's always nice to actually get most of the PS hints you wanted from an episode (if not more). Sure there wasn't a balcony scene, but Ash just had one a few episodes ago, and I guess too many makes it boring...

-EDIT- Remember the days when Ash turned his cap when he had to focus? I want a PS scene where he has to do that and Dawn asks Brock what Ash is doing. That'd be another good way for her to see into Ash's past.

PS Forever!

Last edited:

catzeye

Writer's Block
*sighs* Man, today was amazing :) It's always nice to actually get most of the PS hints you wanted from an episode (if not more). Sure there wasn't a balcony scene, but Ash just had one a few episodes ago, and I guess too many makes it boring...

Ah yes today was a shipper's dream come true. And if you wanted Battling it was your dream come true. If you wanted to see a battle AND you were a shipper...well you just died and went to heaven.

Yea balcony scene would be nice but Blushing >>>>>>>>>> Balcony scene any day! Unless of course there was a balcony scene with blushing involved!

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
What is the most recent balcony scene?

Ash and Co. are in the hotel, near the start of the tournament. Ash wakes up after over-thinking things and giving himself a headache... ("Nandioh, Nandioh, Nandioh!!!!" = ...? Stop?). He walks outside and sees 8 colored stars, and realizes they match his badges. Next, the tournament starts... if I have my chronological sense in order.

TrainerOfLegend

Ash and Co. are in the hotel, near the start of the tournament. Ash wakes up after over-thinking things and giving himself a headache... ("Nandioh, Nandioh, Nandioh!!!!" = ...? Stop?). He walks outside and sees 8 colored stars, and realizes they match his badges. Next, the tournament starts... if I have my chronological sense in order.

Oh, I remember! I remember that Dawn wakes up. Does she come to the Balcony with him?

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
Oh, I remember! I remember that Dawn wakes up. Does she come to the Balcony with him?

Ash wakes Dawn and Brock up, both of whom are blushing (likely just tired blush). Brock is hugging his pillow XD.

Dawn asks what's wrong, and Ash says nothing and they both go back to sleep.

So no... but Dawn did ask what was wrong, which was sweet.

TrainerOfLegend

Ash wakes Dawn and Brock up, both of whom are blushing (likely just tired blush). Brock is hugging his pillow XD.

Dawn asks what's wrong, and Ash says nothing and they both go back to sleep.

So no... but Dawn did ask what was wrong, which was sweet.

Oh... And then Ash keeps on thinking while the two go back to sleep?

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
Oh... And then Ash keeps on thinking while the two go back to sleep?

Yeah, the balcony thought scenes were SatoPika, not SatoHika XD.

But again, that's fine. Although I really want one soon, before DP ends. That would be the nail in... not the coffin, the other way around. In the billboard? In the... ah forget it.

-EDIT- Btw: someone tried to say that Brock, Dawn, and Barry were sitting behind Ash, but unfortunately, that's not true. At one point, Dawn brings up her Pokedex, and it shows that they're sitting in the front row, sure, but also that they're on the sidelines, closer to PAUL than to Ash. This makes it easier to Ash to see Dawn calling out to him, but it does means she isn't "behind him in more ways than one"... unfortunate, but not major :p

-EDIT 2- Also, I was looking through some old episodes. Uncrushing Defeat is one of the other times Dawn holds her hands together. That was when watching Ash's pokemon suffer. She might have also done this when Pikachu was about to die, but I haven't checked. It seems she does this during very emotional moments, so her doing soooooo often during the battle means she's psyched to be supporting Ash!

Last edited:

UDI

Orange Hero
I like that when Ash defeat Paul, Ash is going to where Dawn and Brock, Ash thanked them both, but Brock tells Ash that he should really thank is to Dawn, Brock tells to Ash that Dawn support at all times, even when defeat seemed inmenente, Dawn was the only one who believed in Ash throughout the battle, Ash asks Dawn if that is true, then Dawn blushes, turns his eyes and he says "yes" in a nervous, that's when Ash says "Thanks for everything Dawn!"

maybe that at the end of the battle, Dawn will notice their true feelings for Ash

Kaush22

Beyond The Limits
Well now that everyone's in a good mood, I thought that I should just drop by to add to the Pearlshipping experience.

Topic-wise,
What's the Topic?

Episode wise,
First off, when I saw the episode pictures, I wasn't that excited about the episode (because of the whole Dawn and Paul talk). But once I figured out that she was just curious, and that they were talking about Ash, AND that she realized where she was in relation to Ash and moved, I got into a better mood. (*Stops to breathe*) Then there was the full-out cheering and the blushing and the worriedness etc etc etc.

Overall though, i'd give this a 9/10 for the Pearlshipping and 9/10 for the battle. This was one of the best episodes that I've seen in a while.
Thank-you Tamioka. =D

and TOL, that dog gif represents what I felt after watching the episode too. BD

Last edited:

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
Well now that everyone's in a good mood, I thought that I should just drop by to add to the Pearlshipping experience.

Well, welcome!

Topic-wise,
What's the Topic?

Too many to count... I'll fish one out...

With the conclusion of the battle in DP188, what PearlShipping moments could be played in the post-battle Paul conversation?

Episode wise,
First off, when I saw the episode pictures, I wasn't that excited about the episode (because of the whole Dawn and Paul talk). But once I figured out that she was just curious, and that they were talking about Ash, AND that she realized where she was in relation to Ash and moved, I got into a better mood. (*Stops to breathe*) Then there was the full-out cheering and the blushing and the worriedness etc etc etc.

Yeah, I just checked the episode pictures, to see why Ikarishippers were so happy about the pictures... and I realized how badly they portray the episode. One of them tried to defend himself say that it's close enough, but yeah. (Not meant to attack Ikarishipping... just saying).

-EDIT-
@KrayzieBuddha: Yeah, the lyrics for the extra part will be key... Can't wait til they get posted!

-EDIT 2-
I finally found Dawn's version of Surely Tomorrow (the original is the one where Piplup is whistling and thinking about the other pokemon). In the "Which One is It? CD, Dawn's voice actress sings the song (THE FULL SONG). One of the stanzas: "I really do like you more than anyone else / You give me courage... you know, I wonder if I'll even / Be able to tell you "Good morning!"?". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWTiRqxZauc. The question though, is who she's talking to... Piplup or Ash? I'm leaning Piplup here, but it's always possible :p

-EDIT 3 (I should start putting time-stamps, yikes-
Here's an odd scenario for post-Legendary Trainer that could be massively Pearl. Of course, this assumes that this match happens in the finals, and therefore that Ash beats Paul and someone else in the Semis.

Ok, so you know how I mentioned 20 pages back that Ash hasn't died yet with Dawn? (You probably don't remember... but just go with it). We need a good death scene, because the best Poke and Advance moments happen when Ash is in mortal danger, about to die, or has already died. (Movies 1, 2, and 9 + Tower of Terror). But Dawn has never had Ash about to leave her, right? SOoooooooo...

Ash is facing the LT, who is only using Darkrai (stick with me). It's Ash's last pokemon, say Pikachu or Infernape or whatever, it doesn't matter. The LT calls for Dark Void, which Pikachu dodges, while Ash calls for a Thunder to finish off the round. Thunder strikes, and is about to knock out Darkrai when Ash gets hit by that Dark Void from earlier. Now, this same thing happened in the 10th movie, sure, but that was with Movie "Ash can't die, he's a legend" physics. Pikachu almost died from a Hyper Beam, and he's "meant" to take some of these attacks, right?

Even if Ash isn't going to die, Dawn gets freaked when he gets hit out of nowhere and falls down, unresponsive. So she jumps (yes, jumps) down that wall and runs over to Ash, and tries to check if he's ok. At this point Ash could be muttering stuff from his nightmare, etc. (maybe he mentions Dawn?). Dawn realizes he's weak, and they get him to a hospital. Ash nears death, and Dawn freaks. PS becomes canon and we all celebrate Ash's near death *shot for blasphemy*

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

I'm thinking Ash will get a hug from Dawn win he looses and shey'll tell him every thing wasn't for nothing and that hey'll just get stronger, no need to worry. I can see it played out like that ^^

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
DP190- Pokemon Doctor Brock!
DP191- Memories are Pearls! Friendship is Diamond!!

Ok, my guess is that Brock leaves in DP190, which leaves Ash & Dawn alone in DP191........ so:

What Hints/Scenario(s) Do You Expect to Happen in DP191???

My Response: I will Get back to it Later.....

Facescar

Post-Rambler General

Ok, my guess is that Brock leaves in DP190, which leaves Ash & Dawn alone in DP191........ so:

*-_- slowly turns to o_o and XD*

Wait.... Are you serious?!? Where'd you see this? (celebrates internally). This must be the best Pearlshippy 24 hours since High Touch was released! ;P (not that I would know, I wasn't a PS-er when that happened)

(Before I move on... bye Brock, it's been a good... 600-ish epiodes / 12 movies we've had with you. You'll be missed. /off topic, but necessary

Manomanoman... ummmmm Wow. I really can't think of any hints... But that sounds like a good-bye title, and an emotional one at that... (Then again, May and Brock both left after Hoenn, but both came back for the BF, so this won't necessarily be final.

-EDIT- Here's my thoughts so far... (of course this'll take a while. Please read?)

• Brock and Dawn each get one of Ash's Soothe Bells. This would mark the first time Ash gives out an item instead of receiving one.
  • I'm not sure what Brock or Dawn might give Ash in return. Brock gave him cutlery last time, so I'm not sure what he'll give now.
  • Ash and Dawn HAVE to get together. That episode title is too *clears throat* beautiful *cough cough, that was hard to type* to not have a great scene between the two, especially if they're alone.

But they're ALONE! There's no Brock to screw it up like he did with Misty's goodbye! Holy Cow! Thanks for the update! (If this is accurate... please be accurate)

-EDIT- IT'S REAL!!! AND TOMIOKA'S DOING THE ENDING!!! I want to spam :D soo much but I'll get banned... Soooooooooo happy right now XD

*Does double take*... wait... but that means...

Ash loses in the Semifinals to the Legendary Trainer... huh...Just when he gets so close, some jerk with a Darkrai will take it all away... At least maybe we'll get some great Dawn comforting Ash moments... Umm... yeah. I feel conflicted now... But I'll take PS hints over Ash winning any day... it just feels wrong.

Man, so DP is finally... over... gone... Huh... We haven't seen the end, sure, but this really hammers it home......

-MORE EDITS-

@Ragingmaiden: your image is broken :( We seem to be having that problem a lot recently.

Title "analysis": Diamonds are forever (so so is their friendship?). Yeah... Pearls are formed around irritations, and they've had tons of fights... GO OVER ANALYSIS!

@Endless_Summer: Sorry for posting up here, but I've posted enough "new posts" for now... Anyways, yeah, that's exactly how I feel. I'm sad to see them go, but I'm sooooo excited for the PS moments that are bound to come. *shudders*.

*stares at pictures* Yeah, I was wondering on PS day if you were doing a picture for PS day and then I remembered you had done that awesome one already XP. I hope Ash doesn't waste 191 eating though :p! (Ok, this rambling is getting ridiculous, but if you were Endless_Summer-191 instead of 181, that would be the most epic coincidence, no?).

Side note: how do I put the Pearlshipping Banner in my sig?

Last edited:
(Warning:I wonder the team rocket will be a pearlshipper) anyway.....I going wait about DP 191

Last edited:

Xx-Endless_Summer-xX

Pearl and Coma <3

Woahhh. OwO If Takeshi is really leaving in the second last episode, and the last one is just Satoshi and Hikari...

That is really good for us!!

I don't wanna get all spazzy and hopeful... but I'm having trouble XDD And TOMIOKA is doing it?! Kyaaaa *^*
I think it will be very sad...but I can't wait for the Pearl-ness, 'cause if they're really having a goodbye ep all to themselves.. you know it will have something nice ;)

This one won't show up as a picture >.>;

[IMG139]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/209/e/7/Gift___skitskat24_by_Endless_Summer181.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://www.deviantart.com/download/168594225/Stamp___Pearlshipping_by_Endless_Summer181.gif[/IMG139](A stamp I made)

[IMG139]http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy31/satohika4eva/dggsg.jpg[/IMG139](an edit I made xD)

And I'm glad my translation was useful xD

You know, I was just about to go find you on DeviantArt and drag you over here. xD. I guess you don't want to be dragged. You should post some of your new art! .
XD No dragging noo...I took your advice and posted some though :D

@Endless_Summer: I love your art *hugs*. Thanks for the translation! It helps a ton *shot for fanboy moment*
Hehe, thankyou! :D:D

Last edited:

DigitalUpkeep

I make no sense.
Oh my. The discussion is still going strong, almost 1.5 pages after I fell asleep. We've gotten so much good news lately.. *overwhelmed* I feel like stuff keeps being piled on top of me, but I don't want it to stop. x3.

Quote answering time! :3

@Katsu: Love that icon. I might steal it. <_<.

Alright. When I first looked at this, my first impression was sadness. I read the DP190 episode title, and still had to read it a few more times. Something in me still can't deal with Brock leaving. AND the fact that that means Ash doesn't win the Sinnoh League? That's kind of crushing. But then I moved on to read DP191.

Wow. That is just... A perfect episode title. That hits so many emotional chords, as a DP saga lover, and as a PearlShipper. And it'll just be Ash and Dawn.. Wow. I don't know what to say. And think of this:

Pearls are valuable items, created from the overcoming of irritations, and found inside of living organisms. Memories are valuable thoughts, forged from overcoming of experiences and problems, and found inside of living organisms. Diamonds are unbreakable, the strongest organic material in existence. True Friendship (and love) is unbreakable, the strongest man-made concept in existence. What a nice feeling.

(No, FS, I didn't steal this from you, I just thought of that, then came across your quote. Dx)

So, as I'm still reeling from this perfect news, this comes in.

IT'S REAL!!! AND TOMIOKA'S DOING THE ENDING!!! I want to spam :D soo much but I'll get banned... Soooooooooo happy right now XD

Dear god. I am speechless. I just want to go run around and scream in joy, but it's early in the morning.

I'm thinking Ash will get a hug from Dawn win he looses and shey'll tell him every thing wasn't for nothing and that hey'll just get stronger, no need to worry. I can see it played out like that ^^

Imagine that. A hug after Ash's loss. And Tomioka isn't even writing that episode. He'd find a way to top that in 191. :3. Wow. That would be great.

Remember the days when Ash turned his cap when he had to focus? I want a PS scene where he has to do that and Dawn asks Brock what Ash is doing. That'd be another good way for her to see into Ash's past.

That'd be great! Kind of like Ash's Butterfree reminiscing in the Aaron ep. The writers have shown an ability to drag in flashbacks and older things throughout the saga.

Oh, and that reminds me. For anyone looking for old Pearl eps while we wait for the weeks to come, here's some that people may not have thought of. (DP038, DP046, DP056, DP108)

This one won't show up as a picture >.>;

[IMG139]http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/209/e/7/Gift___skitskat24_by_Endless_Summer181.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://www.deviantart.com/download/168594225/Stamp___Pearlshipping_by_Endless_Summer181.gif[/IMG139](A stamp I made)

[IMG139]http://i775.photobucket.com/albums/yy31/satohika4eva/dggsg.jpg[/IMG139](an edit I made xD)

Yay! You posted it. How awesome. Your art never fails to amaze me. Although I've already seen all of these because I stalk your DA page I've uh... Been linked to them before. Yeah.

EDIT: Kind of forgot about it, in this excitement. But not only have these past days been awesome, we get a subtly PS-y ep tomorrow in the dub. :3.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.