• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
7AM yayyyyy
*Blinks groggily* Don't remind me XP *goes back to sleep, forgets to type*

Awww I haven't heard that BGM in so long. I forget when it was last featured.

It's a slow instrumental version of "Kimi no Soba De" sung by Grin. There is also a version sung by Hikari herself (perhaps that version should be featured? :3). Whichever version they'll choose, I'm going to be alright. x3 Perhaps they'll feature High Touch during a battle (Team Rocket I presume?)

The thing is, I was talking about goodbye moments. While your links are great songs, I want something sadder, slower, and more "thoughtful" (yes, it's the same song...) for their actually moment of leaving. Maybe extended with some sadder lyrics ("Side by side, we'll grow together", for example, becomes more fragmented and sadder in tone). Something to REALLY tug at the heart strings. The music crew for Pokemon is so awesome, I won't put this past them... but this is still my little "fantasy" situation X|

High Touch when celebrating over beating TR for the last time? I like it :) We'll definitely see at least two more high fives. Post-Paul and During DP 191. That's for sure... I hope ;)

Last edited:

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
But going back to what TOL said, I certainly am looking forward to seeing Ash finish the battle with Paul. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this would be the first - and only - time Ash would have defeated him? I think Dawn has also seen all of his battles against Paul, so I'm sure she's going to be very happy to see him win. Pearlshipping cuteness plz?
Off topic: Ash and Paul have faced each other 6 times including the battle right now. Paul has 2 wins over Ash's 1 win. The other 2 battles were ties or called off and this last one will tie up the score to 2-2 when Ash wins.
If Paul does start to get the lead in the battle in DP 187 Dawn will probably yell out to Ash to do better lol. Barry will probably make a comment about Ash losing and that Paul will win leading to Dawn growing a big head and yelling at Barry that her Ash will win lol. shot* I think Dawn will be most excited by Glion and Gokuzaru battling later on. I'm also hopeing that Ash would give a thumbs up to Dawn or say Daijobu to her when she yells out so the PSing isn't so one sided.

DigitalUpkeep

I make no sense.
If Paul does start to get the lead in the battle in DP 187 Dawn will probably yell out to Ash to do better lol. Barry will probably make a comment about Ash losing and that Paul will win leading to Dawn growing a big head and yelling at Barry that her Ash will win lol. shot* I think Dawn will be most excited by Glion and Gokuzaru battling later on. I'm also hopeing that Ash would give a thumbs up to Dawn or say Daijobu to her when she yells out so the PSing isn't so one sided.

Not to be a mood-killer, but I doubt Ash would be able to hear them. Ash cheered loudly for Dawn in the GF, and she never heard him. :\.

I agree with everything else though. xP.

High Touch when celebrating over beating TR for the last time? I like it :) We'll definitely see at least two more high fives. Post-Paul and During DP 191. That's for sure... I hope ;)

Maybe they'll pull out ALL the stops and play ALL of the songs. :3.

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
Not to be a mood-killer, but I doubt Ash would be able to hear them. Ash cheered loudly for Dawn in the GF, and she never heard him. :\.

On the contrary :). Brock and Dawn heard Paul whisper to Gastrodon, "stay". WHISPER. Dawn once heard Ash yell for her to pull herself together (if I remember right). She likely just took the encouragement in stride. Remember, this is an anime, not a documentary XP

Maybe they'll pull out ALL the stops and play ALL of the songs. :3.

That's a bit... too far ;).

hey can i please join this thread? I think that Satoshi and Hikari make a great couple. Sorry that i ask so late but i will inform you over everythink interessting that i find. Oh and sorry for my bad englisch.

BlueDragonfangirl

Hi, welcome xskywarriorx glad to see another new Pearlshipper. Any who, just talking about good-bye's is making me sad. But its not really good-bye cuz we all know Dawn will return in an episode later on.

TrainerOfLegend

Hey everyone! I won't be posting much now as school starts tomorrow! However, I'll try my hardest to do my homework/projects/etc before Thursday comes along so that once I get home, I'll be ready to see the episode!

Also, I WILL post here almost daily, so don't count me out!

Ontopic: Can someone give me a list of the episodes animated by said animator and directed by Tomioka? I'm currently trying to watch every single episode that I've missed of DP and have around 30 or so episodes left.

UDI

Orange Hero
Hey everyone! I won't be posting much now as school starts tomorrow! However, I'll try my hardest to do my homework/projects/etc before Thursday comes along so that once I get home, I'll be ready to see the episode!

Also, I WILL post here almost daily, so don't count me out!

Ontopic: Can someone give me a list of the episodes animated by said animator and directed by Tomioka? I'm currently trying to watch every single episode that I've missed of DP and have around 30 or so episodes left.

see here

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Category:Episodes_written_by_Atsuhiro_Tomioka

catzeye

Writer's Block
Hi, welcome xskywarriorx glad to see another new Pearlshipper. Any who, just talking about good-bye's is making me sad. But its not really good-bye cuz we all know Dawn will return in an episode later on.

I know how you feel about it. The more I think about it the sadder I get. But at least we know she'll get a cameo and it's likely that DP191 will be just Ash and Dawn to themselves.

I think in these last two parts of the Ash vs Paul episode, I think there will be a shout-out of some sort. Most likely in the next episode since Drapion seems to be the next Ursaring. A "Don't give up! Do it for your Pokemon. Do it for me!" would be great IMO.

Kaush22

Beyond The Limits
School starts tomorrow for you? That's weird because mine starts in September :/

Well anyways, it seems that everyone is saving up their posting energy (if that makes sense) until the episode airs on Thursday.

I hope that Tamioka pulls through for us like he has in the past two episodes. I'm not expecting very much though, only Cheering + being worried if Ash begins to lose from Dawn's side. Not really expecting anything from Ash, but I could be proven wrong (like I always am :( .)

I'm also beginning to question how legit that recently revealed document is. I'm pretty sure that the source is not confirmed and it could be some random guy that thinks he/she knows what's going to happen in the last episode of DP.

I think the Fanfics are getting to my head. I really gotta' lay off those.

A "Don't give up! Do it for your Pokemon. Do it for me!" would be great IMO.
That last one would be pretty nice =)

Last edited:

TrainerOfLegend

I think I remember him!

He is one of the few screenwriters that were with Pokemon since the start.

School starts tomorrow for you? That's weird because mine starts in September :/
In Puerto Rico, school ends in mid-May and begins early-August, so we get decent time off.

I'm also beginning to question how legit that recently revealed document is. I'm pretty sure that the source is not confirmed and it could be some random guy that thinks he/she knows what's going to happen in the last episode of DP.

Quite possible. I mean, for all we know it could've been a Japanese person who owns a somewhat popular blog, and decided to post that for lulz or to speculate.

I rather not predict until next thursday!

Here's hoping that I don't get much work this first week!

Kdude146

I dont go back to scool intill September 7th so I have a long time left but back to PS I am so happy that Atsuhiro Tomioka is doing the 3 part Paul vs Ash battle and I hope that Dawn screams into Barry's face when Paul is winning and wants Ash to lose and then he asks her why do you want him to win so bad do you like him or something then Dawn blushes

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
I dont go back to scool intill September 7th so I have a long time left
You are very lucky man. I have school 2 weeks from now but back to topic. Since Thursday is 4 days away why don't we make up some topics to discuss. How will Dawn react when Ash loses his first pokemon to Paul? I think Dawn will have a worried look on her face and cheer harder for Ash. Sorry can't think of any other topics that won't have anything to do with 191 lol.

BlueDragonfangirl

I know how you feel about it. The more I think about it the sadder I get. But at least we know she'll get a cameo and it's likely that DP191 will be just Ash and Dawn to themselves.

I think in these last two parts of the Ash vs Paul episode, I think there will be a shout-out of some sort. Most likely in the next episode since Drapion seems to be the next Ursaring. A "Don't give up! Do it for your Pokemon. Do it for me!" would be great IMO.

Hopefully, they should have a great moment in Dawn's send off. I'd really like a hug, like they can't let go of each other type hug. I could see that type of scene too, Dawn's cheer I'm sure would get Ash to try his hardest ^^

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
How will Dawn react when Ash loses his first pokemon to Paul?
The first pokemon lost will likely be Buizel (we see it getting poisoned, and it's in Drapion's claws right now). Soooo, this is a double whammy for Dawn. Drapion proves that Paul is ready to make a run, and Buizel was Dawn's pokemon once. I think she'll get very testy with Barry and keep insisting that Ash will win. I don't expect much more, since her reaction will likely have maybe 10 seconds of screen time.

I'm more interested in whether or not the whole episode will be devoted to the battle (likely) or whether we'll have a cold start with a cut-back like in DP 186 (unlikely, but interesting). We could have a pre-Paul balcony scene after all :p. And then some of the words either Ash or Dawn used during that scene could become a flash-back during the battle (say, Ash remembers Dawn saying that she'll be right behind him all the way, which she would be likely to say in that kind of situation without breaking character).
I am so happy that Atsuhiro Tomioka is doing the 3 part Paul vs Ash battle and I hope that Dawn screams into Barry's face when Paul is winning and wants Ash to lose and then he asks her why do you want him to win so bad do you like him or something then Dawn blushes
I could see that... to a certain point. Being realistic here, Barry will likely wonder why Dawn supports Ash over Paul (who Barry sees as far superior). Barry will ask why Dawn supports Ash instead of Barry, and that'll get Dawn thinking (I wouldn't expect any blushes here, just that "hmmmm" face and a cut back to the battle while she thinks). Because her main reason would seem to be "because I travel with him", but why'd she travel with him instead of Paul? Just because Paul's a jerk? She'll likely try to dig down (off camera, unfortunately likely) and find some answer that then LEADS to more PS.

Barry could push to see if she likes him (just as a joke), but Dawn would take it too far. She'd either give him that face from earlier, and he'd tease her ("aha!") or she'd just do the Lyra "N-no!" and he'd doubt her ("Oh really?"). He'd be doing it just to have fun, but she'd likely take it deeper (see above). Good scenario overall.
Well anyways, it seems that everyone is saving up their posting energy (if that makes sense) until the episode airs on Thursday.
hehehe *rubs head sheepishly* I have some decent reserves, so I'll keep going...

Back to you:
I hope that Tamioka pulls through for us like he has in the past two episodes. I'm not expecting very much though, only Cheering + being worried if Ash begins to lose from Dawn's side. Not really expecting anything from Ash, but I could be proven wrong (like I always am :( .)
I could see more, see above for the full details. But yeah, pure battle doesn't mean many Ash hints, unless he hears Dawn screaming out to him and reacts (looks over, says softly (and in a surprised tone) "Hikari...[zoom in on her yelling more] All right, [insert pokemon], let's go!"). That's how it'd likely go down.
Yeah... whatever, we'll see what happens.
That last one would be pretty nice =)
Highly unlikely, sure, but yeah, it would be nice :p
hey can i please join this thread? I think that Satoshi and Hikari make a great couple. Sorry that i ask so late but i will inform you over everythink interessting that i find. Oh and sorry for my bad englisch.
Absolutely! We're always welcoming to new members, so feel free to post whenever you want to! And don't worry about the English, it seems fine so far :)

Speaking of something "interesting that I find", the full version of LaLaLa has the Romanji lyrics posted, but English is still being translated.

If someone could make the english out of this, I'll be indebted to you for life :p The song is so "beautiful", I'm hoping it has something more to do with PS (if my analysis of the 80 second TV-version carries over that is...)
Kimi no mune ni La La La yume o egake La La La
Kokoro kara kanaeba kitto kanau kara
Onaji sora ni La La La kikoetekuru La La La
Hibikiau Melody yuki no kane narasu daro

Kimi ga afuretekuru kaze ga toru kusa no michi
Kagero yureru sono muko mabushi egao sono mama kana...

Nanimokamo hitori ja sa umaku wa ne ikanai kedo
Sukoshizutsu ippozutsu GO SHINE susumo

Boku no mune ni La La La todoitekuru La La La
Kujiketa toki ni wa kikoeru sono koe
Onaji toki o La La La ayundeyuku La La La
Itsumademo bokura zutto supesharu na nakama sa

Umarete kara itsumo dare kani mamorarete kita
Soshite itsu ka mune no naka yuzurenai yume nebaitane...

Jibun hasa ichib youmo nakimuri shite kina ikara
Fumifukafu osore zuni GO SMILE tsu kamo

Kimi no mune ni La La La yume o egake La La La
Dareyo rigan baru kimi ga suki dakara
Hikaru asani LaLaLa kaze ni notte LaLaLa
Tsutaea omoi kimi to kisekio okosu daro

La La La La La La La La La
Kokoro kara kanaeba kitto kanau kara

Hibikiau Melody yuki no kane narasu daro

-EDIT-@BlueDragonfangirl: I think a hug would be great, since it'd be another pokemon first that doesn't make us sound crazy on forum discussions / in fan fics ("But Misty, she's the only one I've ever high-fived. That means I love her"/joke) ;).

I think a hug where Dawn especially doesn't want to let go and starts crying into Ash's shoulder would be awesome (he'd get the same Brown Eyes hidden beneath hat look he gets when emotional, etc.).

-EDIT 2- I tried an online translator and got... probably the most disturbing garbled song ever (and that's only sort of a joke) :p Read at your own peril.
prince, prince, lord of breast load la la la dream at egake la la la
mind blank kanaeba kit to come true blank
same, identical, equal, uniform, equivalent, similar look! load la la la kikoetekuru la la la
hibikiau melody going of money to accustom daro

prince, prince, lord moth afuretekuru casein moth to take, to pick up, to harvest grass of road
kagero to shake garden innocent mabushi smiling face garden Mama kana...

anything and everything one person wicked difference skillfully I, me, oneself, self, ego root ikanai but
little by little ippozutsu word Sine susumo

divining of breast load la la la todoitekuru la la la
kujiketa time load I, me, oneself, self, ego to be heard garden voice
same, identical, equal, uniform, equivalent, similar time at la la la ayundeyuku

Last edited:

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
My guess is that Dawn may think that Ash might start to lose his stride. She remembered in their last battle that after Ash lost one, it just went downhill after for him (Pikachui getting burned, Ursaring's Guts activated). So she may be more worried than we think with her thinking a repeat of the last battle is about to happen.

DP 191 is shaping up to be awesome. Although I still find it odd that we still have no indication of Dawn's future. No one has mentioned any other regions to her on screen and it seems out of place that she would just decide convieniently in the last episode. But that is merely my opinion.

I still expect painful goodbyes between the two and hopefully we Dawn at her absolute low. Right when she is about to break down after being forced to watch Ash leave, he comes right back to pick her up. I really want them to show the depth ofc their realationship and that it would physically pain her to be away from him.

Anyways, that's what I got to say for now.

Janovy

Banned
To Facescar and everyone else who haven't read the translation, here is it from Bulbapedia.

In your heart, La La La, sketch a dream, La La La
If you wish from your heart, I'm sure it'll be granted
In the same sky, La La La, I can hear it, La La La
The resonating melody; the bell of courage is ringing

You're overflowing; the wind passes through a grass path
On the other side of the swaying heat haze, your dazzling smile, just like that...

No matter what it is, it doesn't go well alone
But little by little, step by step, go shine, let's continue on

To my heart, La La La, it has arrived, La La La
That voice I hear when I'm crushed
The same moments, La La La, are walking along, La La La
We'll always, always be special friends

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
To Facescar and everyone else who haven't read the translation, here is it from Bulbapedia.

In the same sky, La La La, I can hear it, La La La

You're overflowing; the wind passes through a grass path
On the other side of the swaying heat haze, your dazzling smile, just like that...

No matter what it is, it doesn't go well alone
But little by little, step by step, go shine, let's continue on

To my heart, La La La, it has arrived, La La La
That voice I hear when I'm crushed
The same moments, La La La, are walking along, La La La
We'll always, always be special friends

That's the TV-Size. The "Full-Size" song was just released, and I'm waiting for the full-sized lyrics. I've tried lining up the Bulbapedia lyrics with the song, and the first few lines and the last few lines match up, but there is a clear section (of 2-3 minutes) where the songs don't match up. So I want to know what the "new" content says :p. Sorry for the confusion.

Janovy

Banned
That's the TV-Size. The "Full-Size" song was just released, and I'm waiting for the full-sized lyrics. I've tried lining up the Bulbapedia lyrics with the song, and the first few lines and the last few lines match up, but there is a clear section (of 2-3 minutes) where the songs don't match up. So I want to know what the "new" content says :p. Sorry for the confusion.
Ah, sorry! xP I never realized that full version was released. Btw, I just found it on Youtube with lyrics, but there's no translation.

Xx-Endless_Summer-xX

Pearl and Coma <3
I tried translating the second part of LaLaLa To Your Heart....xD;

Since birth, everyone is always watching over you
And someday in your heart, an unyielding dream will begin to grow

I realise that I am unable to rewind this line
Don’t look back, fearlessly, go smile, grab it!

I try harder than anyone else, because I love you
Play in the light, La La La, on the wind, La La La
Exchange our feelings, and cause a miracle

Again...don't take it word for word. Did my best though. xP

How will Dawn react when Ash loses his first pokemon to Paul?
Of course she'll be all sad and worried and stuff. She'll just cheer for him even more though. I can see her doing the whole shout out thing, or arguing with Jun over who will win, or even both. That'd be nice :D

As for DP191... I had a dream about the goodbye ;-; It went like this:

-Satoshi, Hikari, Pikachu, and Pochama are standing on the docks, in the sunset. Satoshi's boat arrives-
Satoshi: I guess this is it...
Hikari: Yeah...
-Pochama starts crying as the boat stops-
Hikari: Pochama, don't cry!
-Satoshi leans down smiling to Pochama, who is in Hikari's arms-
Satoshi: No need to be upset, Pochama. We'll meet up again.
Pikachu: Pi pika! -leans over from Satoshi's shoulder and pats Pochama's head-
Pochama: Pocha pocha...
-Hikari is looking down at Satoshi the whole time, and becomes teary (with cute little blush marks xD), but quickly covers it up by raising her hand-
Hikari: H-Hey! Let's highfive, one last time!
Satoshi: Okay! Oh, but first...-digs into his pocket- Here!
(for some reason I didn't actually see this thing.. or I just don't remember what it was..lol)
Hikari: Huh?
Satoshi: I want you to have this... I wanted to thank you for being here for me this whole time. Supporting me, helping me out when I'm in trouble, being an awesome tag-battle partner. I'm really happy I met you... and I owe you a lot.
-Hikari is looking at...whatever the thing is, while he's talking. She just stares at it and starts tearing up again silently, and Satoshi notices-
Satoshi: What's wrong..?
Hikari: N-Nothing! I'm fine! -she rubs her eyes quickly and grabs it out of his hand- Thankyou so much!
-Satoshi smiles, they stare at eachother for a moment not knowing what to say...till Hikari breaks the silence-
Hikari: ...I'm really gonna miss you! -she's kinda crying again-
Satoshi: Me too, Hikari...
-then Satoshi's on the boat, and they're waving goodbye to eachother, yelling things to eachother until the boat's out of sight-

And... that's it. I woke up all sad...blah XD And they forgot the highfive! =P

Status
Not open for further replies.