• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalUpkeep

I make no sense.
How will Dawn react when Ash loses his first pokemon to Paul?

I honestly don't think losing the first Pokemon will be a big deal. Of course, like in the Sunyshore gym battle, Dawn'll be sad/unhappy, but she obviously knows that Paul is a strong trainer, and that that would be inevitable. The bigger reactions are likely to come when it's tied up or Ash starts losing.

Soooo, this is a double whammy for Dawn. Drapion proves that Paul is ready to make a run, and Buizel was Dawn's pokemon once.

This I agree with. Regardless of when Buizel goes down, I think that'll probably be the turning point. Dawn knows Buizel, better than really any of Ash's Pokemon but Pikachu, and that'll have the greatest impact. Not sure what she'll say though.

I'm more interested in whether or not the whole episode will be devoted to the battle (likely) or whether we'll have a cold start with a cut-back like in DP 186 (unlikely, but interesting). We could have a pre-Paul balcony scene after all :p.

I find that unlikely. If they do that, I'd say it'd be in flashback form. Perhaps during a tense moment, Ash thinks back and remembers some encouraging words. Likely though, all non-battle will be Dawn/Barry/Brock discussions and flashbacks to, say, J's Drapion, etc.

Being realistic here, Barry will likely wonder why Dawn supports Ash over Paul (who Barry sees as far superior). Barry will ask why Dawn supports Ash instead of Barry, and that'll get Dawn thinking (I wouldn't expect any blushes here, just that "hmmmm" face and a cut back to the battle while she thinks).

Perhaps we could have Dawn speaking while the battle is going on, because other than commands, the trainers battling rarely say anything. We could have Barry say that "since Paul's obviously stronger, why support a losing cause", or something.

Barry could push to see if she likes him (just as a joke), but Dawn would take it too far. She'd either give him that face from earlier, and he'd tease her ("aha!") or she'd just do the Lyra "N-no!" and he'd doubt her ("Oh really?"). He'd be doing it just to have fun, but she'd likely take it deeper (see above). Good scenario overall.

I agree. Barry seems the type, especially after his "were you spying on Paul" in DP186, to make some sort of not-thought-out comment as to where he says that Dawn loves Ash, without tact, and we get that Lyra moment again. He'd also be the type to tell Ash this later, and we get an embarrassed Dawn AND Ash's reaction. xD.

I could see more, see above for the full details. But yeah, pure battle doesn't mean many Ash hints, unless he hears Dawn screaming out to him and reacts (looks over, says softly (and in a surprised tone) "Hikari...[zoom in on her yelling more] All right, [insert pokemon], let's go!"). That's how it'd likely go down.

Keep in mind, the DP saga has never had Ash in a major battle without Dawn's reactions. Especially with Tomioka as the writer, there are going to be some Dawn's reactions moments. It's virtually guaranteed.

I still expect painful goodbyes between the two and hopefully we Dawn at her absolute low. Right when she is about to break down after being forced to watch Ash leave, he comes right back to pick her up. I really want them to show the depth ofc their realationship and that it would physically pain her to be away from him.

What would be nice would be to have Ash notice how down-in-the-dumps Dawn is, and make a comment like "You're more upset than you were when you lost the Grand Festival [or, if he has some tact, "when you lost a contest"]." Then, Dawn says, "Well, this means more." And Ash finally understands. :3.

I tried translating the second part of LaLaLa To Your Heart....xD;

Since birth, everyone is always watching over you
And someday in your heart, an unyielding dream will begin to grow

I realise that I am unable to rewind this line
Don’t look back, fearlessly, go smile, grab it!

In your heart, La La La, sketch a dream, La La La
I try harder than anyone else, because I love you
Play in the light, La La La, on the wind, La La La
Exchange our feelings, and cause a miracle

La La La La La La La La La
If you wish from your heart, I'm sure it'll be granted

The resonating melody; the bell of courage is ringing

Again...don't take it word for word. Did my best though. xP

Thanks again! That's awesome. I like the line "In your heart, sketch a dream." Reminds me of that Mismagius ep. This set of lyrics seems to say about grabbing a dream and running with it. I dunno, I'm not a good interpreter, but it's a nice set of lyrics. High-Touchesque.

As for DP191... I had a dream about the goodbye ;-; It went like this:

-Satoshi, Hikari, Pikachu, and Pochama are standing on the docks, in the sunset. Satoshi's boat arrives-
Satoshi: I guess this is it...
Hikari: Yeah...
-Pochama starts crying as the boat stops-
Hikari: Pochama, don't cry!
-Satoshi leans down smiling to Pochama, who is in Hikari's arms-
Satoshi: No need to be upset, Pochama. We'll meet up again.
Pikachu: Pi pika! -leans over from Satoshi's shoulder and pats Pochama's head-
Pochama: Pocha pocha...
-Hikari is looking down at Satoshi the whole time, and becomes teary (with cute little blush marks xD), but quickly covers it up by raising her hand-
Hikari: H-Hey! Let's highfive, one last time!
Satoshi: Okay! Oh, but first...-digs into his pocket- Here!
(for some reason I didn't actually see this thing.. or I just don't remember what it was..lol)
Hikari: Huh?
Satoshi: I want you to have this... I wanted to thank you for being here for me this whole time. Supporting me, helping me out when I'm in trouble, being an awesome tag-battle partner. I'm really happy I met you... and I owe you a lot.
-Hikari is looking at...whatever the thing is, while he's talking. She just stares at it and starts tearing up again silently, and Satoshi notices-
Satoshi: What's wrong..?
Hikari: N-Nothing! I'm fine! -she rubs her eyes quickly and grabs it out of his hand- Thankyou so much!
-Satoshi smiles, they stare at eachother for a moment not knowing what to say...till Hikari breaks the silence-
Hikari: ...I'm really gonna miss you! -she's kinda crying again-
Satoshi: Me too, Hikari...
-then Satoshi's on the boat, and they're waving goodbye to eachother, yelling things to eachother until the boat's out of sight-

And... that's it. I woke up all sad...blah XD And they forgot the highfive! =P

That reminds me of that fanart you drew! Of their goodbye! I loved it. This seems more emotional though (and high-five deficient...) That would be a great end to the saga, and the whole emotional episode. :3. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this WILL HAPPEN, because ES is a psychic. *coughDentoguesscough*

Pokegirl16

Hikarifan
Hello there! I've been following this thread for a really long time and all your input in it is really interesting! May I join this thread? I am a BIG supporter of Ash and Dawn (Satoshi & Dawn)
Why do I support them? Because they have the most unique relationship out of all the relationships between characters in the show! Plus High Touch is a plus.
I know that DP is ending soon, although I'm sad that it's ending, I'm excited to see any PS hints in the last episode. Especially since Tomioka will be writing it.
I'll be sure to contribute a lot the thread!

Janovy

Banned
Last edited:

Mewkachu

Sexuality is a cult.
What is your favorite Pearlshipping moment?
High Touch.

And while I'm excited for some pearlshipping, I am also very sad that the series is ending soon.
*sniff*

Wah, I wish it could last.

Last edited:
Topic time~
How will Hikari react when Satoshi loses his first pokemon to Shinji?
I think it will be like DP132 but a littel talk between Jun and Hikari about how great/bad Satoshi battels will be there
@ ben pokemon
Wow that looks..... i don't know what to say....but it looks not so bad

DigitalUpkeep

I make no sense.
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/6757/31547314.jpg - Check out the bottom right corner :p

If anyone could translate this properly, I'd be grateful. :)

Hmmm. I can't translate it.. *yells* OH Endless-Summerrrrr. Dx.

It seems Brock will still be around though. :a. Perhaps he's taking the same boat with Ash to Kanto? I dunno. Kind of sad we don't get an ep alone though. If that's true that is.

Hello there! I've been following this thread for a really long time and all your input in it is really interesting! May I join this thread? I am a BIG supporter of Ash and Dawn (Satoshi & Dawn)
Why do I support them? Because they have the most unique relationship out of all the relationships between characters in the show! Plus High Touch is a plus.
I know that DP is ending soon, although I'm sad that it's ending, I'm excited to see any PS hints in the last episode. Especially since Tomioka will be writing it.
I'll be sure to contribute a lot the thread!

I'll be the first to say it this time! Welcome! It's great to have so many new people around. :3.

Well, pearlshipping is ending with a thud. Dawn and Ash wont be alone in the final episode, and they will just have a quick goodbye for Dawn because Ash needs to get on a ship to Kanto.

Hey, don't say that! 22 minutes is quite a bit of time, I'm sure there'll be something. :D.

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
@Teshub: Haha, someone became a debbie-downer... You can believe what you want, but we'll keep going strong :). You don't have to post here if you're just going to try and depress us unnecessarily :p. But feel free to continue: I'm up for a debate if you want one (This is a discussion thread after all).

@Mewkachu: can you expand real quick? I don't want you getting in trouble again.

@ben_pokemon: That's actually really cute :). Do you think that's actually from a goodbye or just a cute random-shot to represent the goodbye? Also, it looks like that summary is right. Does DP 190 say that Brock is leaving? Even if he is there, it looks like he isn't getting in their way... the picture seems to mean that Dawn is just going to stay in Sinnoh for now. Sort of odd that they're both stretching so hard skyward for the high-five.

@Pokegirl16: Welcome! Feel free to post whenever as long as you follow the rules. btw, Dawn's japanese name is Hikari, just in case you didn't know :)

And now to the reallllllly good stuff (ben's stuff was great too, but... yeah. I'm a shamless fanboy when I need to be)

@Endless_Summer: I want to thank you for both :) You've been ridiculously helpful lately :). Even if I can't take the translation really literally, I still like it. Like what I said before, LaLaLa to your Heart is a dreamscape (likely Dawn's), where she's exploring different things, her thoughts, other people's goals, etc.

The Dream: *bows down before you* haha. Seriously though, that's a very nice dream. It's sort of more emotional/much more saddening than your "goodbye" fan art... because that one had a high five. Link here... However, I actually sort of like it... although if that does turn out to be a "vision"... I'll be very sad that both of them are so ... sad about each other but don't even get a last high five :'(. I think that "item" will be one of his soothe bells, since he immediately mentions "tag battle partner". If he keeps the other one, it will be a much friendlier version of what he had with Gary (the pokeball cut in half) or May (the ribbon cut in half). Each will have a full piece, with its full benefits, but each will be reminded through it of the other.

Now on to DUK: You're right that the first pokemon might not be that big of a deal, but still, once Drapion starts going crazy on Ash's team, she might start to lose it. Ash is going to use every team member next battle to fight just 3 of Paul's (and it looks questionable as to whether Frosslass will get taken out before the episode ends).

I don't know... the battle will likely overwhelm since it needs a bunch of time so I'm not expecting anything... but this is Tomioka. (so blind hope is always necessary).

Embarrassing both? That's unlikely... but that would be sooo much fun (for DP 188).

I agree with both you and Deathseer on the "absolute low" part here... they could pull off a great moment if they really want to.

"In your heart, sketch a dream" was in the original lyrics too, which is why I mentioned it in my LLLTYH rundown a while ago (there wasn't much else to analyze really...)

Annnnyways, that's my post. Good developments so far today :)
-EDIT-
Annnnnd of course, the moment I post, other people show up and Teshub disappears...

Regardless, new stuff

@DUK: Huh? Endless Summer? *looks around frantically*... yeah, we've been asking a bit much, but there's so much to translate XP. We should check the japanese forums... maybe they'll have made a text version, because I'm not doing that again (I failed hard enough the first time)

Don't worry about Teshub. We'll have a great 191 and he knows it... although I thought he was supposed to be one of the avid PSers... Everyone else must have gotten to him x|.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
@ben_pokemon: That's actually really cute :). Do you think that's actually from a goodbye or just a cute random-shot to represent the goodbye? Also, it looks like that summary is right. Does DP 190 say that Brock is leaving? Even if he is there, it looks like he isn't getting in their way... the picture seems to mean that Dawn is just going to stay in Sinnoh for now. Sort of odd that they're both stretching so hard skyward for the high-five.
Yeah, I think that is an actual screenshot of the finale, which means that Brock is going to be present in DP191. And I hoped so badly for a farewell between the two of them. Ah. :/

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
Yeah, I think that is an actual screenshot of the finale, which means that Brock is going to be present in DP191. And I hoped so badly for a farewell between the two of them. Ah. :/

I'm almost not sure of that... because... where's the background? It looks more like a token shot just to get excitement up for her goodbye... I doubt they'd show off the actual ending... At the very least I don't think that's the moment of "goodbye".

-EDIT-
Oooohh, here's a thought. Brock says in DP 190 that he's going to Kanto too, but during much of DP 191, Brock is getting supplies (looks under his arm). That would mean that Brock gets to go back to Kanto, and that Ash gets his alone time with Dawn. It also means Brock might be back for BW after all... bleagh

-EDIT 2-
It looks like Dawn doesn't have her backpack, so I suppose the trio went to Twinleaf first and dropped off her stuff, and now they're in Sandgem, saying goodbye.

Last edited:

DigitalUpkeep

I make no sense.

Be optimistic. A helpful, supportive, silently standing Brock can be just as good as them alone. :D. We'll pull through well. :3.

You're right that the first pokemon might not be that big of a deal, but still, once Drapion starts going crazy on Ash's team, she might start to lose it. Ash is going to use every team member next battle to fight just 3 of Paul's (and it looks questionable as to whether Frosslass will get taken out before the episode ends).

I don't know... the battle will likely overwhelm since it needs a bunch of time so I'm not expecting anything... but this is Tomioka. (so blind hope is always necessary).

Well, considering that two of Paul's went down in DP186 (faster than I thought), there should be plenty of time for reactions. It is, like you said, Tomioka.

Oooohh, here's a thought. Brock says in DP 190 that he's going to Kanto too, but during much of DP 191, Brock is getting supplies (looks under his arm). That would mean that Brock gets to go back to Kanto, and that Ash gets his alone time with Dawn. It also means Brock might be back for BW after all... bleagh

It looks like Dawn doesn't have her backpack, so I suppose the trio went to Twinleaf first and dropped off her stuff, and now they're in Sandgem, saying goodbye.

Well, I was going to agree it was a token shot, but your acute observations have confused me. I'm not sure what to think now. I still believe it's a token shot, but an obviously well thought out one. Or maybe Dawn gives Ash her bag? Or maybe Brock's holding it? I dunno.

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
Here's the translation of the summary;

Ash and his friends have arrived in Dawn's home town of Twinleaf. The end of their journey in the Sinnoh Region is approaching. As Ash and co. await for a ship bound for the Kanto Region, they feel a sense of regret that they will soon part ways. They try to suppress their sense of sadness. However, Piplup, unable to hold its feelings out, begins to cry. With the strong bond they have developed, Ash, Dawn, Brock and their Pokemon bring their journey to a close.

:(

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
Be optimistic. A helpful, supportive, silently standing Brock can be just as good as them alone. :D. We'll pull through well. :3.
I hope so :)
Well, considering that two of Paul's went down in DP186 (faster than I thought), there should be plenty of time for reactions. It is, like you said, Tomioka.
True... Perhaps given how truncated the battle was in DP 186 and how much there needs to be in DP 188 and 189 outside of Paul's sphere... maybe you're right. I now think DP 187 will be almost entirely battle. Any non-battle scene will be a pleasant surprise.
Well, I was going to agree it was a token shot, but your acute observations have confused me. I'm not sure what to think now. I still believe it's a token shot, but an obviously well thought out one. Or maybe Dawn gives Ash her bag? Or maybe Brock's holding it? I dunno.
Yeah, I confused myself... We'll see what happens in September...
Here's the translation of the summary;
Ash and his friends have arrived in Dawn's home town of Twinleaf. The end of their journey in the Sinnoh Region is approaching. As Ash and co. await for a ship bound for the Kanto Region, they feel a sense of regret that they will soon part ways. They try to suppress their sense of sadness. However, Piplup, unable to hold its feelings out, begins to cry. With the strong bond they have developed, Ash, Dawn, Brock and their Pokemon bring their journey to a close. :(
Yeah... Well, again, we'll have to wait 'til september to see what this means for sure... Hope up guys.

Janovy

Banned
Hehe, the reason Dawn doesn't have her backpack with her is because they already are in Twinleaf, so she probably left it home. ;)

DigitalUpkeep

I make no sense.
Ash and his friends have arrived in Dawn's home town of Twinleaf. The end of their journey in the Sinnoh Region is approaching. As Ash and co. await for a ship bound for the Kanto Region, they feel a sense of regret that they will soon part ways. They try to suppress their sense of sadness. However, Piplup, unable to hold its feelings out, begins to cry. With the strong bond they have developed, Ash, Dawn, Brock and their Pokemon bring their journey to a close.

Hmmm. This is better than I thought. The original summary made it sound like Piplup cried once they separated. Now, hopefully, it means Piplup will instigate a series of feelings for Ash/Dawn. :3. It also means Brock'll be around, hopefully what I said earlier'll ring true though. Ash gets to see Johanna again, perhaps she'll say something about... SatoHika. xP.

True... Perhaps given how truncated the battle was in DP 186 and how much there needs to be in DP 188 and 189 outside of Paul's sphere... maybe you're right. I now think DP 187 will be almost entirely battle. Any non-battle scene will be a pleasant surprise.

Way to totally misunderstand me mister. :(. I meant that since the battle seems to be going faster, there's plenty of time for non-battle moments. BE HAPPY. *SLAP*

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
Hmmm. This is better than I thought. The original summary made it sound like Piplup cried once they separated. Now, hopefully, it means Piplup will instigate a series of feelings for Ash/Dawn. :3. It also means Brock'll be around, hopefully what I said earlier'll ring true though. Ash gets to see Johanna again, perhaps she'll say something about... SatoHika. xP.

Well, this summary likely isn't "Different". It's probably just another "re-streamlining" of the summary... We'll have to wait and see :)

Way to totally misunderstand me mister. :(. I meant that since the battle seems to be going faster, there's plenty of time for non-battle moments. BE HAPPY. *SLAP*

That's my job (I always put my own spin on things, even if it's the exact opposite of what you said. I simply meant that the pattern of the battle will likely change)! Although, the slap wasn't necessary. *leaves in a huff*

-EDIT- By the way guys, in all our excitement over DP 191 and the rest of Paul's battles, we're ignoring two very important things.
1) "When two people meet, something is born". Dawn wondered aloud in DP 186 what would be born when Ash faced Paul. We still have no idea what this might be, and I feel it could be Dawn liking Ash more after the win.... it's possible *heavy shrug*
2) Takuto, the Darkrai Trainer, is still on the horizon. At this point, it looks like Ash is going to lose to him, and that the battle might start at the end of DP 189... but there are two things to think about even here.
a) Ash pre-battle. He knows that this Darkrai literally HAS NEVER BEEN DEFEATED in facing 8 gyms and 4-5 top-notch opponents. How will he handle it? I see another moment in-hotel-room, where Ash can't sleep. Last time, he woke up Brock and Dawn, but neither joined him when he went to the balcony. I wonder if that might change if it happens again.
b) Ash during the battle. He's likely going to lose, which will depress Dawn (who has made it clear she treasures Ash's dreams over her own). BUT! What if Ash gets hurt during the battle (highly unlikely). He's been attacked by a Darkrai once (Movie 10), so it's not unfathomable that it might happen again. That would freak everyone out, and given how they've cast Takuto, I don't think it's past him.

Last edited:

wind21

Wow, so that's it. At least what's going to happen is pretty much confirmed, and now the fun is just how it's going to happen, which will probably be beautiful and sad. Seems like Endless Summer's ending might just about be right.

"Sigh" I'm just flat out exhausted. Not mad or anything; the writers did more than what they had to do, so I can't complain (and they're probably going to do a little more before it's all said and done).

UDI

Orange Hero
worse, Brock will continue in DP 191, and I that he wanted Ash and Dawn were alone, but I like that Ash and Dawn spend a moment alone, Piplup will cry! (and buneary too) I think this will be a good sign, and that high five I feel very tender, however it appears that will be in twinleaf town, that means that Ash will again see Johanna, and that can benefit greatly for pearlshipping.

anyway

SATOHIKA 4EVER!!!

edit-

moreover, in this summary states that both Ash and Dawn will be saddened or separation, and that's a good sign about the feelings of both.

especially Ash, as previously, was sad when they were Brock and Misty, then when they left May and Max was not seen very sad, but now that it will separate JUST Dawn, and that is very good

Last edited:

TrainerOfLegend

Was reading a similar translation on the Anime Spoilers page, and I really don't know what to say concerning it.

Except that, you know, we have to wait until the episode airs to actually see what happens. Summaries are just summaries. Alot more will happen, just be patient and wait a few weeks.

Edit: Can someone provide me with a High Touch translation?

I'm assuming that High Touch is the 12th Japanese theme song, Galactic Battles in the US. Does the song appear in any other episodes? I've heard it does. If it does, how does it appear in said episodes? Instrumental(no lyrics?)?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

DigitalUpkeep

I make no sense.
Can someone provide me with a High Touch translation?

Hey Hey Hey!
Hey Hey Hey!
Hey Hey Hey!
Hey Hey Hey!

We fight, make up, and then we fight again
There are a lot of things I want to say to you
But foremost...
"Thanks for being here for me!"

Companions in this journey, compassion in the world
I pretend to understand those things, but
The truth is...
"I'm happy you're here for me!"

Nice Partner!
Nice Rival!
I'll push you forward
I'll pull you back
The sun seems so dazzling when I look up at it
Hey Hey Hey!

If it all goes well, let's high five!
Hey Hey Hey!
If we're feeling down, we'll come right back!
As long as we are together
I will not give up so easily! GO GO GO!

Take aim with BubbleBeam!
I've come to rely on Piplup, but
Sometimes...
I'll find myself in a mega pinch!

I let out a cry of "Thunderbolt!"
Pikachu is my pride and joy, but
To put it simply...
That doesn't mean I'll win!

Nice Partner!
Nice Rival!
We may argue
But as long as we follow each other
I think we'll find a way to compromise!
Hey Hey Hey!

It all went well, so let's high five!
Hey Hey Hey!
I won't ever forget today's victory!
As long as we're together
We'll escape from any kind of pinch!
Hey Hey Hey!

Extending our arms, let's high five!
Hey Hey Hey!
Smiling this much is so heartwarming!
Even a strong tailwind will be welcoming! GO GO GO!

Yeah Yeah Yeah!
Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Through today, tomorrow, and the day after tomorrow
This journey goes forever on, but
Always...
Your smile is with me!

To the north, to the south, east and west
The scenery goes on changing, but
No matter where I go...
Your smile is always there!

Nice Partner!
Nice Rival!
Protecting me
Saving me
Our road goes on through and ever expanding wasteland
Hey Hey Hey!

Underneath the sky, let's high five!
Hey Hey Hey!
We can understand that more easily than words!
We can fly away, facing our dreams!
Hey Hey Hey!

Hey Hey Hey!
Hey Hey Hey!

Hey Hey Hey!
Shake hands with our opponent in battle
We can go even further than before! GO GO GO!
GO GO GO! GO GO GO!

I'm assuming that High Touch is the 12th Japanese theme song, Galactic Battles in the US. Does the song appear in any other episodes? I've heard it does. If it does, how does it appear in said episodes? Instrumental(no lyrics?)?

High Touch is both the 11th and 12th opening. The 12th version is called High Touch 2009 and differs very slightly. Lyrics don't change though.

It appears a few times in actual episodes, but I don't remember it being anything but instrumental.

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
worse, Brock will continue in DP 191, and I that he wanted Ash and Dawn were alone, but I like that Ash and Dawn spend a moment alone, Piplup will cry! (and buneary too) I think this will be a good sign, and that high five I feel very tender, however it appears that will be in twinleaf town, that means that Ash will again see Johanna, and that can benefit greatly for pearlshipping.

I mentioned before that I don't think Brock will be a major factor in DP 191, even if he is there. In the "shot" we've seen, he's standing back with what looks like supplies under his arm. Looks like he spent the day shopping.

moreover, in this summary states that both Ash and Dawn will be saddened or separation, and that's a good sign about the feelings of both.

especially Ash, as previously, was sad when they were Brock and Misty, then when they left May and Max was not seen very sad, but now that it will separate JUST Dawn, and that is very good
When Ash left Brock and Misty, he was pretty sad, but that emotion didn't come out AT ALL until Brock had told him that Misty wanted to keep going and AFTER both were already gone (or at least he thought they were gone).

In the May/Max departure, there was hardly any emotion... at all.

One positive note is that Dawn doesn't seem to have a reason to stay in Sinnoh. When May was similarly without a reason, she came back for battle frontier *shot for aggressive positivity*.

Edit: Can someone provide me with a High Touch translation?

It appears a lot as an instrumental (an awesome one)

Here are the full sized lyrics, let me know if you want small scale. Link is http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/High_Touch! and has the original color coding for who is saying which line (important to truly understand it). You know what, I"ll be nice and translate that over too. Ash = blue, Dawn = pink, both = green
-EDIT- Sorry DUK, one-upping you :p. That's for the slap :)

Hey Hey Hey!
Hey Hey Hey!
Hey Hey Hey!
Hey Hey Hey!

We fight, make up, and then we fight again
There are a lot of things I want to say to you
But foremost...
"Thanks for being here for me!"

Companions in this journey, compassion in the world
I pretend to understand those things, but
The truth is...
"I'm happy you're here for me!"

Nice Partner!
Nice Rival!
I'll push you forward
I'll pull you back
The sun seems so dazzling when I look up at it
Hey Hey Hey!

Hey Hey Hey!
As long as we are together

Take aim with BubbleBeam!
I've come to rely on Piplup, but
Sometimes...
I'll find myself in a mega pinch!

I let out a cry of "Thunderbolt!"
Pikachu is my pride and joy, but
To put it simply...
That doesn't mean I'll win!

Nice Partner!
Nice Rival!
We may argue
But as long as we follow each other
I think we'll find a way to compromise!
Hey Hey Hey!

Hey Hey Hey!
I won't ever forget today's victory!

We'll escape from any kind of pinch!
Hey Hey Hey!

Extending our arms, let's high five!
Hey Hey Hey!
Smiling this much is so heartwarming!

Even a strong tailwind will be welcoming! GO GO GO!

Yeah Yeah Yeah!
Yeah Yeah Yeah!

Through today, tomorrow, and the day after tomorrow
This journey goes forever on, but
Always...
Your smile is with me!

To the north, to the south, east and west
The scenery goes on changing, but
No matter where I go...
Your smile is always there!

Nice Partner!
Nice Rival!
Protecting me
Saving me
Our road goes on through and [an?] ever expanding wasteland
Hey Hey Hey!

Underneath the sky, let's high five!
Hey Hey Hey!
We can understand that more easily than words!

We can fly away, facing our dreams!
Hey Hey Hey!

Hey Hey Hey!

Hey Hey Hey!

Hey Hey Hey!
Shake hands with our opponent in battle

We can go even further than before! GO GO GO!
GO GO GO! GO GO GO!

I hope this makes it clear why we love this song so much PS-wise. It's basically all we ever wanted, but now we get to hope for more :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.