• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccangelopearl1362

(looking around steadily for all of about ten seconds, blinking once or twice, then clearing throat) Well, well. After a mental odyssey that lasted at least the whole summer -- including several substantial shifts in the overall value, so to speak, of the factors influencing my support for Pearlshipping -- I sense a potential new shift tomorrow… so hopefully, nobody minds if I drop in this time. Those factors have solidified in ways I didn’t even expect, so at this point, it’s safe to assume that Ash and Dawn’s romantic friendship will always have a special place in my memories. Their ability to understand each other’s thoughts and complement each other’s strengths has proven most invaluable to them during their journey through Sinnoh, stemming from the assumption that sincere peace can and must be achieved through confidence, enthusiasm, and trust. Judging from the points I’ve seen raised here by several people who I don’t remember meeting before, I would have to conclude that Ash and Dawn’s romantic friendship has also impacted their supporters, namely us Pearlshippers, in the same way. The elements that led me to this Poké-pairing may have gained greater prominence in my mind, but I will always be happy to reaffirm what I learned from Ash and Dawn… including the following question.:

What themes would you consider to be dominant in Pearlshipping?

eryyy

Ace Trainer
EDIT: Grr, typing on my iPod Touch doesn't work so well :/

@ Japanese Emperor Satoshi
that comic was adorable, I really liked it a lot.

rioT-6296 said:
you can say that again ^_^
I don't think anyone on this thread, or anyone who loves PearlShipping as much as we do won't let it die. we'll keep it as strong as it is right now. or at least try our best to.
because PearlShipping...it's just something dear to me, a treasure;
and treasures are meant to be taken great care of. ;)

yeah, I totally agree with you on that.
A shipping will never die as long as there are people who still support.

Naminésky said:
It's been so fun discussing with you all for the past few months I've been here, & I would not be as into SatoHika as I am today if it weren't for PearlShipping 3.0.

I totally agree with you on that.
I've made so many wonderful on this thread. I definietly wouldn't still be on these forums or as obsessed with SatoHika if it wasn't for all of you guys. You guys are my Pearlshipping family
One thing is for sure though. Even though DP is ending today, I'm not going anywhere. I'll still be on these forums and I promise I will finish each one of my Pearlshipping stories on fanfiction. I'll still always support Pearlshipping no matter what. Just because Dawn's leaving and DP is on its very last episode doesn't mean that we can't still support it.

Ok, topic time :D

What will Dawn give to Ash? Will Ash give something to Dawn? If so... what? What about Brock?

I also really think Dawn giving something to Ash is more likely then Ash giving Dawn something.
But hey, that doesn't mean it can't happen, right?

But either, i guess we'll have to wait to find out happens ;D

Last edited:

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
It's time. :D

Real quick, the Italian Song: “Diamond and Pearl” has an odd lyric.

You’re on a journey
For a Pokemon tour
Along Pikachu,
Dawn and Piplup
Great Ash
Old-timer of the clan
You’re the best
Every battle is OK
With your Pikachu

... (It’s pretty odd... but not that important)

ANYWAYS!!! IT’S TIME!!! Analysis #...3? 4? I don’t remember. I don’t want to... I’ve lost so many hours of sleep over these -_-.

This time? JAPANESE OPENING THEMES!!! I love these, but the hints aren’t always that great. I’m going to skip any themes that I don’t think are shippy at all, just to save time :).

Now, before we start, it’s key to understand one thing that’s different between Misty/May sagas and Dawn’s saga. the Opening Text is usually: “This story is about a boy, Satoshi and Pocket Monsters, and their friendship, adventures, and meetings.”
For DP, it’s: Satoshi and Hikari! An interesting note :p.

Opening 1 and 4: “Aim To Be a Pokemon Master”... No.
Opening 2: “The Rivals”... Nadda.
... as much as I’d love to say “No-K” this one qualifies.
Background/Trivia: There is a longer version, so I supplied the full-version lyrics. This is the first opening with anything that could be considered shippy. This is one of the few openings where the full song is fully animated :).

Lyrics:
OK!

OK! Let's move on
OK! If we're together, we'll be all right
[Now, at first blush, you’re like, ok “If we’re together, good, good. But, the thing is, in the video, this is a shot focusing only on Ash and Pikachu... Sorry Misty]
OK! The winds are changing [THIS is Misty’s shot. Odd...]
OK! But that dream won't!

We'll go through it all for that thrill
And through we won't notice
The key to the door to the new world is
Getting something unknown

Golden smile & silver tears
Delight and frustration
Are always changing faces
And giving strength to everyone

OK! Follow me!
[Shot of Pika/Ash]
OK! If we cry out in triumph, we can't lose! [Shot of Misty running down a hill to save Pikachu and Marill]
OK! Even if we break through the wall
[Shot of Brock smashing a robot...] Clearly evenly spread.
OK! This journey won't end!

Though I had begun to give up
There was no reason for me to
The morning sun burning brightly on my journey
Asks me, "That much is fine, right?"

Golden sun & silver moon
The lady sun and the lord moon
Are always changing faces
And protecting everyone
[Ash protecting Chikorita and Pikachu]

And, then, so....

OK! Let's swallow our fear!
OK! A prideful move, "Bravado"
OK! Though I don't know their names or voices
They are waiting for me!
I want to meet them!

Lets go!

OK! Let's open the next door!
OK! A prideful move, "Recklessness!"
OK! We cry and laughed together
My comrades are with me!
I believe in them!

OK!!

Summary: It’s clear that is NOT a shippy song, despite the initial blush. That’s 0/3 so far...

Lyrics:
I felt the wind, my breath opposing the ground
From the moment I jumped
A voice in my heart cries, "You'll be okay!"
[Team Rocket scene]
When I turn around everyone is laughing [The pokemon]

I want to chase that sort of feeling of freedom [All the legendaries]
And reach my hand toward the blazing sun
When I look back on yesterday
There were tears, but I don't care
[Just before this is a scene with everyone sad. I don’t care... Ash doesn’t care about Misty? He’s going to “Advance”... Game over for Misty, huh...]
I'll take a step toward the future
Advance! Advance! Past you and the seven-colored rainbow
Ready Go! Flying high!
With overflowing emotions!

-END OP, remaining lyrics aren’t animated-

I know that if we quarrel with words, it will vanish and we'll move on, [better for Misty, but this line is thrown out of being usable by the rest of the paragraph.]
Knowing of our dreams and spoken goals.
The defeats in the evening rain will make me better,
even if my body does not yet appear strong.

Goodbye isn't a sad event because
as I walk away, you'll be waving your hands, smiling.
I extend my heart as I embrace the sky,
Trusting my confirmed desires.
[Ooooh hehehe :). Misty loves Ash, but Ash is going away... happily. This is a clear foreboding of “Gotta Catch ‘Ya Later!”, where Misty isn’t sad, but happy as they separate. Unfortunately, the rest of this paragraph doesn’t work out...]
I have the map of the future here!
Ready Go! I'm ready!
I'm tightly grabbing your hand and taking you along.
[Yeah... not so much. Nice try Misty :(]

I want to chase that sort of feeling of freedom
Running towards the galaxy like a dazzling star!
My heart's response changes as I aim for the light.
There will be no time for gloom, as that would repeat the past.
I continue to step towards the future.
Ready Go! Here I am, dreaming!
With overflowing emotions!

Ready Go! Farther!
Breaking through the cloud and into the sky…
[Did she die or something? Yikes...]

Summary: Not bad for Pokeshipping. It’s a goodbye OP, that’s for sure. Very nice.
So there goes Misty. 1/5, but that one was decent enough. Shipping is backed by the last song as the one-way ship it has turned out to be.
OP #6: “Advance Adventure: Nope. Nothing. Best lines were about searching for friends...
OP #7: “Challenger”: Sung by Ash’s voice actress, seems to be Ash giving himself a pep-talk in front of Pikachu. Quick video review: Each line matches up to a different character. The ONLY possibly shippy part of the song combined with the animation is “I want to help, I want to protect you during painful times”, during which Ash and Pikachu are standing under a waterfall (Ash in boxers). Everyone is watching, but May looks bored when she looks away (slanted eyes and mouth)
OP #8: “The Symphonic Melody”: There are few lyrics here, so nothing at all. (Still an awesome song). Has that “Ash sad on swing” scene, but it has no lyrics...
OP #9: “Battle Frontier”: This is May’s goodbye song. As such, it’s time for in-depth coverage.
Standing on the shining land... [Ash and Pikachu run over shiny field]
I vow to battle eternally [They jump and fist pump]
I smile... with some tears [Campsite scene, May is off in a corner, crying to herself. No one has noticed.]
I won't forget any of you [Shows every back character (everyone she’s met with Ash as main characters. Makes it clear she’s leaving “their” universe to join Drew.]

My feelings leap the distance
And reach you even now, I'm certain
[This stanza is all Ash’s pokemon letting it rip (various attacks)]
-Rest of the opening first, then the rest of the song as before-

And now we’ll be connected more! [Scene of Ash smiling (=D) with all his Hoenn pokemon (she never saw his Kanto/Johto ones). This is its own stanza, and is pulled from way down in the real song.]

Oh yeah!!
Intensely move ahead, and cut through the wind
Intensely I'm going, all the way to the end
Perfect combustion - YES, I'm OK!!

Oh yeah!!
Steadily my power rises
Steadily my courage boils over
Let's believe in unlimited strength

-Unused parts of song-

Oh yeah!!

Oh yeah!!
Steadily my power rises
Let's believe in unlimited strength

Because we're holding hands
Yes, that's why we've come so far
Strength is kindness
I've come to understand that little by little

My feelings leap over time
And now we'll be connected more!

Oh yeah!!
Nothing will ever go wrong
Nothing will ever worry me
Everything is perfect, are you OK?

Oh yeah!!
My imagination's forever strong
We're all in high spirits!
Let's catch our unlimited chances!

Oh yeah!!

Oh yeah!!
Our strategy dazzles everyone
Never letting the attacks stop
Everything is perfect, are you OK?

Oh yeah!!
Steadily my power rises
Run through the dazzling goal!

Analysis: It’s shippy, but for which one? This clearly demonstrates her relationship with Ash, but it never goes beyond a mentor/student or friends level. Remember, Misty’s said “confirmed feelings” or something :p. In relation, this isn’t enough.
OP #9: “Spurt!”: No. Closest is that Ash notices friendly support. Here’s an anti Advanced line: “When it comes to things I over, for some reason / I can keep going extremely strong.” He lets May go. And hastily. Sorry ASers... :/ No luck here.
Soooo, there ends May’s 4 OPs. Not bad. We had some hints, but it wasn’t at the “confirmation level” that Misty got to (in one direction) and it had a clear rejection on Ash’s side in at least two moments (not noticing her crying in #8 and giving up in #9.
Soooo...
There were varients, but these are the 3 core ones.
OP #10: “Together”. Now, this one’s interesting. The Animation has no hint of Pearlshipping (if anything, it shows Dawn and Zoey when it says “Together” XP). However, the full text (after the animation part ends is really interesting... both as a sign of where we’ve come from and for what they started with)
In the middle of a long, long journey /
When I recall the uncountable battles /
Crossing space and time /
We can meet /
Everyone’s dazzling faces
Yay yay yay yeah!!
Im still inexperienced so I train everyday
[Dawn’s near the start]
Win or lose, the end is still a handshake. [Notice, NOT A HIGH FIVE. That’s the level of progress over one song change]
Sorry, but the Friendship Checker reads zero. [Ash and Dawn are fighting, they are not friends. Again, the progress.]
Truly it makes you cry cry cry, right!! [Can’t tell about sarcasm here.... is she really upset?]
When your eyes are glittering like diamonds or pearls.[That’s ASH she’s referencing. When his eyes turn brown and sparkle (a rarity until BW apparently...)]
First in the beginning use Quick Ball!!
When it’s perfectly settled in a multi-battle [Read: Tag Battle. They’re getting the hang of it?]
GOOD GOOD SMILE!!
Again, GOOD GOOD SMILE!!

-repeats cut-out chorus-
Summary: This is their starting point. They aren’t friends, they fight, and they shake hands if that. My how things change. (Also, notice how, already, the FIRST SONG is focusing on them. That didn’t happen for Misty, who only got one song devoted to her)
Oh boy... This one.... This one... What a doozy. Here we go.
OP #11: “HIGH TOUCH!”: Pearlshipping to it’s maximum yet scene. This is THE Sato/Hika song.

There are two “lyrics”, TV and full. Only the full will get the “analysis list”. I’m cutting out like the Hey!’s and all that.

We fight, make up, and then we fight again
There are a lot of things I want to say to you
But foremost...
"Thanks for being here for me!"
[Now, let’s just start here. Compare this to what you saw in the first DP opening. They’re fighting a ton, they aren’t friends, they don’t have any chemistry, and they rarely get along. Now, here’s Dawn (who’s perspective we get most often in Together) thanking Ash for being near her!!! That’s progress. Examples include the Croagunk Festival (being the thing she hides behind), saving her from Mamoswine, etc. The KEY question is: What does Dawn want to say?]

Companions in this journey, compassion in the world
I pretend to understand those things, but
The truth is...
"I'm happy you're here for me!"
[Dawn being there for Ash: with Maylene, against Paul, against doubters (the Canalave Gym), when he lost to Paul, not to mention CHEERING for him. This phrase becomes more and more important as the series continues. She’s even there with him after he loses in the Semifinals. She’s the one who was the most combative in the stands. She’s the one who cheers him up in a way when he’s looking at the empty stadium (w/ shaking emotional eyes).]

Nice Partner! [Dawn sees Ash as partner. Now, according to the dictionary (don’t kill me for bringing it out, it’s important), a partner is one of these things: Someone who works with you in a financial deal/overall (Dawn fits here), but there are other meanings too: Dancing partners, a married couple, and other stuff not appropriate for this thread. The point is that partner (which is rarely used in Pokemon, it’s either friend or rival, has some significance here. They chose the english word, not some japanese word, so that’s why this is important.]
Nice Rival! [Come on Ash, be as deep as Dawn at least!!! Density at its finest.]
I'll push you forward [Dawn actively looks out for Ash’s interests (Maylene conversation). Also, We get a perfect “redo” of this in DP 189. DAWN DOES EXACTLY WHAT’S IN THE OP!!! That is why you know this song is still entirely relevant.]
I'll pull you back [Dawn’s a bit... hyper active. She gets into some tight spots, so Ash sometimes has to help her out. It’s a good combo.]
The sun seems so dazzling when I look up at it

If it all goes well, let's high five!
If we're feeling down, we'll come right back!
As long as we are together
I will not give up so easily!
[For those who hate the writers for Takuto, Ash took down TWO LEGENDARIES. Dawn made it to the finals in her FIRST GRAND FESTIVAL!!! Both did amazing, and both were there with each other every step of the way.

Take aim with BubbleBeam!
I've come to rely on Piplup, but
Sometimes...
I'll find myself in a mega pinch!
[This is why Dawn needs Ash.]

I let out a cry of "Thunderbolt!"
Pikachu is my pride and joy, but
To put it simply...
That doesn't mean I'll win!
[And this is why Ash needs Dawn for support.]

Nice Partner!
Nice Rival!
We may argue
But as long as we follow each other
I think we'll find a way to compromise!
[Examples? I think there were times when they went to non-gym stuff before the gym and vice versa. They found a way to work things out every time.]

It all went well, so let's high five!
I won't ever forget today's victory!
As long as we're together
We'll escape from any kind of pinch!
[Why is only Ash saying this? Because he’s the one who is saving Dawn. Dawn really can’t say this as well :p]

Extending our arms, let's high five!
Hey Hey Hey!
Smiling this much is so heartwarming!
[Remember, in the last one they had to force smiles. Now they come naturally.]
Even a strong tailwind will be welcoming! GO GO GO!

Through today, tomorrow, and the day after tomorrow
This journey goes forever on, but
Always...
Your smile is with me!
[Dawn will leave Ash, but she will always be devoted to him.]

To the north, to the south, east and west
The scenery goes on changing, but
No matter where I go...
Your smile is always there!
[This is one of the few times Ash perfectly reflects the feelings of his traveling companion. Sure, he’s dense and she learns about love (Lyra and Meowth prove), but Ash is with her every step of the way until then.]

Nice Partner!
Nice Rival!
Protecting me
Saving me
[Dawn is protected, Ash is saved.]
Our road goes on through and ever expanding wasteland [Another question: Why a wasteland?]

Underneath the sky, let's high five!
We can understand that more easily than words!
We can fly away, facing our dreams!
[This is both proof that Ash understands the high five better than words about love, and also a foreshadowing of Dawn’s departure. They fly off. (I extend this in the update I’ll be making to my FanFic. That’s how much I love this stanza.]

If it all goes well, let's high five!
Hey Hey Hey!
If we're feeling down, we'll come right back!
I will not give up so easily!

It all went well, so let's high five!
Hey Hey Hey!
Shake hands with our opponent in battle
We can go even further than before!
[Ash goes well farther than ever before, while Dawn goes from 2 losses in a row to Second Place at the GF!!!]
Finally, we have: OP #12: “The Greatest - Everyday!”: Yes. Of course, compared to High Touch, it’s nothing, but here are some things I want to point out.
1. When Ash and Dawn are sitting in the Gracidia (sic) field and singing (w/ Brock in the back), they sing (in English), “We’ve got a good combination! Perfect communication! ... so there’s no need to worry!” EXACTLY! This is Ash and Dawn, again proving why they are a great couple.
2. "A good vibration". You might think, “wait, what?” But hear me out on this. In the Pokeworld, Aura is made of specific vibrations. Ash is an Aura Gaurdian (as said in M7? and two different episodes of DP (Once from an old lady, and once he just pairs up with a Riolu). Dawn has a Togekiss, which can use Aura Sphere. That is one of the great connections of Togekiss (kiss...).
3. Now we’re into the full verion’s lyrics: “Repeating meetings and farewells”. Does this mean reunion? Or does it mean no more Brock only?... questions...
4. (better) “We’re always excited everyday! / Watching the morning sun and the evening sun together / This moment is the greatest!!”.
5. “First off is concentration / Right, our moves are a collaboration (spin from Dawn became so much more with Ash) / A fighting spirit escalation! (Dawn and Ash go nuts at each other’s events)

That, my friends, is the Japanese Opening Theme “Comparison”. Again, Pearlshipping wins. There are a variety of factors for this, but I’d say it doesn’t change the fact that DP’s songs are FAR more shippy and for a cohesive story on their own, when stretched over time. GO PS!

Happy D-Day (or DP-Day, harhar) and I’ll check in again tonight! I need to get some sleep now and finish up my next chapter :). Bye!

Last edited:

JPG

so this is it. the final ep.

you know going into this, i wasnt expecting to like DP or by extension dawn but damnit if i didnt fall for it. it was well written, better characterizations than any of the previous series. i can say i enjoyed it from start to finish.

but we know what we really wanted to see. ash and dawn. unlike other ships, this one wasn't simply main girl/main boy. it was a deep and close bond that made this ship work for us. even if it wasnt very romantic, it was that bond that drew us back to them. these two kids have something special. something true and honest that you just dont see in anime any more. even if they say goodbye, that bond will still be there, reaching across time and space. its been a great ride and i am honored to have shared this ride with you all of you. even if another ship comes up in BW, its has a tough act to follow in pearlshipping. as we've seen, that romantic friendship between the trainer from pallet and the coordinator from twin leaf survived a lot and even thought they were together for such a short time, its gonna last.

keep the faith gang. i know i will.

PEARLSHIPPING FOREVER!!!!!

Quick final episode report:

- Satoshi asks Hikari if she would like to go to Masara Town. Hikari was going to follow him but......

- Mimirol has become a model after her performance in Yosuga collection in the past, and Hikari has to go to Yosuga city for a photoshoot with Mimirol. This leads Hikari unable to go to Kanto with Satoshi...

- They do final high-touch at the port

- HIKARI CRIES AFTER SHIP SAILS AWAY. =/
However, Satoshi says "Daijobu!" out loud from distance and this comforts Hikari.

[img139]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/PKIM82/tomioka.jpg[/img139]

Well, thank you Tomioka san. Although end was bit rushed, I sure enjoyed DP.
I hope you will write even better BW episodes. XD

Last edited:

Xx-Endless_Summer-xX

Pearl and Coma <3
I just watched it too.

I cried. Man, I actually freaking cried. Poor Pocchama and Pikachu. And that freakin' depressing music again...;-; Goodbye DP...

But at least we got some Pearlness >3 Which I'm sure one of you will put up properly...but I gotta express my love for the end anyway XD It was the best. As Satoshi and Takeshi start to head up to the ship, Hikari quickly says "Wait, Satoshi!" and holds up her hand, and they highfive. (so do Pika and Poccha, then the two Pokes hug...I almost thought Satoshi and Hikari would follow suit xDDD But ahwell)
Then while she's watching their ship go, she hangs her head, starting to cry...until she hears Satoshi's voice ;)
"HIKARI! DAAAIJOUBUUUU!!" He yells loudly while waving to her.
Then she quickly looks up, big smile on her face. She runs along the docks following the ship, saying goodbye back...

Now excuse me while I go cry some more...Oh, and I'm DEFINATELY making a Pearl tribute pic soon. A big one with my fav hints. Look foward to it :D

Last edited:

Janovy

Banned
Goodbye DP!

Alright guys, this freaking awesome yet absolutely touching episode is over and DP is over with it. We got many pearlshipping scenes just like PK reported (thank you btw for your effort. We appreciate it! =)) and a decent closure to the DP saga. Although I still find it very sad :(

I have one more thing to say as well. Not everything is lost. According to the members who actually understand Japanese...

Actually, that appearance gave us some important info in the dialogue.

Satoshi talked about a "Champion League" and "Champion Master", but said that before that he had to become a "Pokémon Master".

Maybe it's best to think of it this way. In US Baseball terms....Satoshi's currently playing at AAA level, he hasn't actually hit the majors yet.

Put this together with that info about the BW arc being shorter than previous arcs....I think Satoshi's going to beat the Isshu League, become a master, and challenge this "Champion League" in the subsequent arc. Maybe.
Not everything is lost since there exists a slight possibility of Ash coming back to Sinnoh for an arc to battle the Champion League and defeat Cynthia. Since we don know that Isshu will be faster paced there is a chance of Ash actually winning the league and challenging the Sinnoh Champion - Cynthia.

HIGH FIVE FTW! :redface:

Mayfan

Wh-hoo!
It sure disappointed me. I haven't watched it, but from what I got from the DP191 thread
Ash and Dawn high five one last time and walk away. I don't even think they said anything shippy to each other...

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
Daijoubu daijoubu daijoubu daijoubu mania~

I cried as well. Twice, but I cried more during the departure scene. ;w;
Damn.
That was beautiful.
Tomioka did not disappoint! (Well Mimiroru did... I expected better of you... =w=)

DP191

Hikari asks where Satoshi is when she goes downstairs and sees everyone, but him.

Pikachu, Pocchama, and Hikari go to wake up Satoshi. Hikari & Pocchama observe as Pikachu shocks Satoshi. Satoshi then looks up to see Hikari haha.

He runs down the stairs then and crashes down (as shown in the preview) then says “Daijoubu Daijoubu”

Then there was talk in the table… ff keyhole lagged… Though as PK already stated... Mimiroru has been scouted. =w=

Then Pocchama goes all crazy after they all like crowd around Mimiroru and congratulating her. Pocchama wanted to go to Masara Town like we wanted them to go~

Pocchama and Pikachu cry as Pocchama hits Pikachu like how Pikachutwo hit Pikachu at the end of movie 1. So sad ;w; Cried at this part.

Then the whole daijoubu fest after seeing Shirona. xD

Satoshi: Hikari's Daijoubu means Daijoubanai.

Then the whole farewell thing... omg... tears so much. ;w;

[img139]http://a.imageshack.us/img259/9748/1284026588398.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://a.imageshack.us/img844/4494/1284026617548.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://a.imageshack.us/img820/4582/1284026631021.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://a.imageshack.us/img46/8131/1284027596705.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://a.imageshack.us/img836/2236/1284027648863.jpg[/img139]
^ When Ayako tells them that they should leave for teh ship soon

[img139]http://a.imageshack.us/img818/2107/1284027682232.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://a.imageshack.us/img521/6808/1284027694810.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://a.imageshack.us/img812/6679/1284027711233.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://a.imageshack.us/img828/640/1284027699821.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://a.imageshack.us/img338/4348/1284027712209.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://a.imageshack.us/img688/9874/1284027723185.jpg[/img139]

[img139]http://a.imageshack.us/img832/7734/1284027751049.jpg[/img139]

I watched it and I cried.... becaus it was epic like nothing.... i don't know what to say but..... THIS was one the greatest episode i ever saw becaus "Pokémon represent the feelings of their masters" and like most of you have seen, for Piplup was it realy hard to say good by to his best friend Pikachu.

aipomadvanceshipper

that was so epic, i cried, i told you pearlshipping was something special, i just noticed something, i hope hikari will be back since all she's doing is a photoshoot, hmmm anyway i love the scene where she ran after the boat as it was departing, it reminded me of those romantic movies where the guy and the girl bid farewell and she goes off to the dock to say goodbye to him. I cried even harder when they showed the ending theme and flashbacks. I lol'd at dawn when she was sad though, because before she had to comfort piplup now it's the other way around. well goodbye dawn and brock we all love and miss you*burts out into tears* i also cried when Togekiss had to play mommy and calm both piplup and pikachu down.

BlueDragonfangirl

LOL If you notice some thing, Dawn didn't even look like she cared about Brock leaving, she only cared about Ash the entire timeXD
My favorite part was Dawn waking Ash up, that was a cute scene and her mom looked like "Odd I've never seen her act that way around boys beforeXD" The ending was soo cute, I seriously loved that Dawn ran all the way just to give one last high five. And oh, doesn't look like will get a reunion oh well LOL Looks like Mistys gone for good.

aipomadvanceshipper

pearlshipping
the wink
http://*******.com/view.php?pic=v4zdr6&s=7
the admireation
http://*******.com/view.php?pic=2cia71l&s=7
close by
http://*******.com/view.php?pic=2czwkr4&s=7
Team Ash
http://*******.com/view.php?pic=69ls34&s=7
http://*******.com/view.php?pic=10xeo91&s=7
http://*******.com/view.php?pic=10xeo91&s=7
http://*******.com/view.php?pic=wumiwy&s=7
http://*******.com/view.php?pic=5cknll&s=7
http://*******.com/view.php?pic=287i3k0&s=7
http://*******.com/view.php?pic=2znmy5j&s=7
team Dawn
http://*******.com/view.php?pic=zwozn&s=7

Last edited:
Saw it...watched it...cried it (wait, what?) -cries- I still have hope that Hikari will come in a cameo :) Highlights of all the moments were already listed, so I won't be bothered to repeat them. You know what is funny? My brother cried instead of me XD So all I could do is sit there and tape it, haha, it was totally worth it -is shot- -off topic- Anyways! Yeah! Such a saddd eppisssodee! It was totally epic though and I think it deserves a clap *clap* so that is it! The curtain have closed for DP but hopefully not for Pearlshipping just yet. :) (If there IS a guest appearance (which there better be -.- or I will be very cross))!

Found it fantastic how Hikari ran after the boat to say 'Thank you' to them all. I have disappointed though that Satoshi didn't give Hikari something, or the opposite way round. However, I think that a last high five and memories are the best gift ever! It's the thought that counts, but it still would have been nice. -cough- I loved how Hikari almost cried and Satoshi just shouted back to comfort her. I still can't believe DP has ended. My heart drops and I don't think it can be picked back up at the moment *sobs* WAH! Such a shame...but all good things must come to an end.

Ending quote for DP: Completely, utterly EPIC!

Ending quote for last Ep: Fluffy, emotional and EPIC! =D

aipomadvanceshipper

@the user with high resolution screen shots- how in the world did you do that?!

Are you talking about me? I could post more if you'd like? I wonder why Dawn and Ash didn't give each other something to remember each other by.
I think we will see Dawn again, but why in the world does she need a photoshoot?
well remember Buneary and dawn won that Pokemon Collection contest, well they were suppose to do photoshoots to promote their design but Dawn was still competeing in her Contest so she couldn't do it at that time, but now since it's over she can now do what was required of her and Buneary.

Rowdy

Sadly, I haven't been able to see it (yet), but maybe by the weekend.

But as far as there being no exchange of gifts between them (as was the case when Misty and May left) is simply that this separation is only temporary (like how Brock left in the Orange Islands arc, but came back for Johto).

Once Ash wins the Isshu League (he has to win one eventually, right?) he'll move to the next major challenge and will likely be rejoined by Dawn....or so I hoping.

Heck, all of Ash's old traveling companions may show up to travel together, which would make things interesting.

greenskeleton

hmm...DP 191 was pretty good...but it feels rather awkward posting here after it ends....

but since black and white is upon us...what do you think will bring Dawn back in the anime for a short (or long hopefully) revisit?

as for me, i don't know. it's probably going to be some new feature in isshu because iris doesn't seem the type to do contests...

I wonder, since Dawn has to attend some photo shoot, do you think she will design her clothes to visit Ash in the next region and perhaps go to Kanto afterwords once she visits him? I can see that happening because of Ambipom and wanting to visit Ash's hometown (which we might see her there again once Ash finishes Isshu). High Touch was playing during the champion battle. And it was basically Ash in Flint's eyes as if he were fighting Cynthia. Holy crap, I was literally crying during the ending.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.