• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short and sweet..

She didn't tell Ash she said "Bye" to Zoey, why would she bring her name up?

Lol, well after Zoey's goodbye the episode ended. I'm sure Ash knew where she was anyway. My point is that Ash asked her were she was, and she kind of told him in a roundabout way. "Just looking out at the ocean alone." Almost as if she was hiding something. What's so hard about saying I was " Oh, I was just waving goodbeye to Kenny."?

I kinda feel bad Neji. This comment makes it sound like we're sucking you back into shipping... :p.

You say that like it's a bad thing. I don't mind really. Pearlshipping kinda grew on me towards the end of the series. I'll admit that's a small part of the reason why I didn't like DP180. It seemed, like I said, just a last minute thing to avoid pairing Ash with Dawn.

With Kenny, it's mostly a "bye Kenny, thanks for creeping on me" kind of scene.

...Really? Lol, if it was that kind of scene, they wouldn't have that "You looked kinda cool when you defeated Ash." comment Dawn made to herself about Kenny. Also, she didn't have to call him after he read the letter. She could have let him walk away. But hey she called out to him, and stopped him.

No. Not at all. Dawn doesn't care about Brock's departure at all, and Ash is (until the last two minutes), solely focused on Dawn's goodbye. He's rather dense about it overall, but Pikachu gets it.

Lol, did we watch the same episode? I mean her comments like saying.."We'll meet Satoshi-tachi ( Ash, and the others) again." Is not soley Ash. The goodbye at the pier was mainly focused on all three save for the High five part. When she was waving she thanked Ash, Pikachu, and Brock.

As for the whole Kenny/Drew comparison...Kenny still goes out thinking he is better than Ash. That doesn't sit well with me at all. As for Dawn, I really hope she doesn't think Kenny is stronger than Ash.

Last edited:

DigitalUpkeep

I make no sense.
Lol, well after Zoey's goodbye the episode ended. I'm sure Ash knew where she was anyway. My point is that Ash asked her were she was, and she kind of told him in a roundabout way. "Just looking out at the ocean alone." Almost as if she was hiding something. What's so hard about saying I was " Oh, I was just waving goodbeye to Kenny."?

Perhaps she didn't want Ash to know. As mentioned about DP186, she doesn't seem to want Ash to think she's rooting for anyone but him.

And mentioning that Ash knew where Dawn was with Zoey isn't true, the battle ended and they were on the roof. She could've been talking alone to Nando for all he knew.

You say that like it's a bad thing. I don't mind really.

Oh. Well that changes things. :p

...Really? Lol, if it was that kind of scene, they wouldn't have that "You looked kinda cool when you defeated Ash." comment Dawn made to herself about Kenny. Also, she didn't have to call him after he read the letter. She could have let him walk away. But hey she called out to him, and stopped him.

You saw how unhappy Kenny was, reading the letter and being left there. THEY'RE OLD FRIENDS. She didn't want to hurt him, it's bad enough for him she left with Ash.

And for the record, she said, "In the end, Kengo beat Satoshi, and it was sort of cool..." That means the battle, not him. And even if it was intended to be directed at him, Dawn calls Ash amazing a number of times. One cool? Kenny, milk all you can out of that, because you're not getting much more.

Lol, did we watch the same episode? I mean her comments like saying.."We'll meet Satoshi-tachi ( Ash, and the others) again." Is not solely Ash.

Ash and the others. Meaning Ash and Pikachu. Ash and his Pokemon. She could've said "Satoshi and Takeshi", but she didn't.

As for the whole Kenny/Drew comparison...Kenny still goes out thinking he is better than Ash. That doesn't sit well with me at all. As for Dawn, I really hope she doesn't think Kenny is stronger than Ash.

If Kenny really thinks that, he's really really stupid. Oh wait, he is... It doesn't matter what Kenny thinks. Kenny could send Dawn heaps of love letters, and I don't think that would change anything. All that matters is what Dawn thinks.

And as for what Dawn thinks, I don't think Kenny's timing could have been worse. That battle is immediately following Ash's dramatic Infernape's Blaze-controlling, eighth badge-winning, undefeatable gym leader-defeating battle, and a battle in which she cheerleads for him to thank him for his Grand Festival support, demonstrate her friendship and show confidence in him.

If his loss stunned her, it was followed soonafter by a takedown of Nando's strongest Pokemon with Pokemon she had never seen Ash use, demonstrating his mastery with a variety of Pokemon overall. Then he won the second round, presumably with more Pokemon she hadn't seen (like Snorlax). Then in the third round, she saw him with a shiny Pokemon and watched as Gible mastered Draco Meteor against a tough opponent with an overpowering strategy to boot. His usage of Gible, which likely she considered his Sinnoh team's weakest link, to win two battles in a League match, showed how he can grow his Pokemon.

Then he faced Paul, and using the same team as previously, the same team Dawn knew and saw grow through 185 episodes, beat down Paul, utilizing several strategies the two of them worked on together, like the spin move, the counter-shield and more. Then, in the semi-finals, he and more Pokemon she hadn't seen took out a Darkrai and a Latios, two legendaries.

All this while, she was cheering her heart out for him, confident all the way. The camera cut to her every time a battle swung in his favor or against. If that's not devotion, I don't know what is. After that, and DP191, I find it terribly hard to say Dawn is even questioning Ash's strength, especially over Kenny, of all people. I'll bet even Nando could mop the floor with him.

Last edited:

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
btw, my last rebuttal was off, I wasn't very patient XD.

Eh. On Zoey's front, he likely DIDN'T. She didn't have to tell him about Zoey OR Nando... Ash didn't tell Dawn (as far as we know), although she knew anyways. It's just how the anime works.

Your point about Kenny's goodbye is true, but there's no real need to tell him. Ignoring how cramped the episode already was (a 2-minute conversation about Kenny would be impossible to fit in, and would ruin the arc of the episode, not to mention how it would likely be under-developed and feel unconvincing).
She probably didn't want to worry him / have a conversation about it (she was probably sure he'd ask about it, and it might risk telling him the whole battle story). Maybe (MAYBE) she was trying to protect him from it the whole time? Now, what am I talking about, there's no evidence for that, right? Wellllllll, Dawn knows it's Ash's habit to get super-excited about stuff (as Lyra showed her before). She also knows that if Ash knows what's up with Kenny, he'll get really distracted by it, and likely knows that he wants to spend time with Flint / prepare for the Sinnoh League, right? A "Kenny wants to travel with me... without you" comment would throw him totally off, and she's the one so concerned about Ash's goals. She knows better than to do that. (We've seen a similar concept several times in other Anime, especially Naruto).

You say that like it's a bad thing. I don't mind really. Pearlshipping kinda grew on me towards the end of the series. I'll admit that's a small part of the reason why I didn't like DP180. It seemed, like I said, just a last minute thing to avoid pairing Ash with Dawn.
Haha, it's not that it's a bad thing, it's that we considered you so independent ;). Yeah... it was definitely an odd ep. My point about it not seeming to fit is mostly about how DP has been a super-self-referencing series. Who though the Hearthome Pokefashion contest would be Dawn's life goals? Not many of us... that's for sure. Dawn's been especially good at tying together Ash's journey into her flash-backs (like the Blaze one in DP179). However, DP180 ignores every other episode and is not referenced by anything. Even in DP191 it gets absolutely NO reference (and I believe Tomioka wrote both episodes, right?)

Haha, I was a bit extreme here... In both DP174 and DP180, she isn't too psyched to see him (well, I take that back.. in DP174 she's miffed to see him and at his actions especially and disappointed to see him leave so early (she likely saw herself in his failure). In DP180 she was happy to see him (and to see that he wasn't depressed) but miffed/confused by his actions. She let him down, and obviously felt bad about it, but she made her decision.

Lol, did we watch the same episode? I mean her comments like saying.."We'll meet Satoshi-tachi ( Ash, and the others) again." Is not soley Ash. The goodbye at the pier was mainly focused on all three save for the High five part. When she was waving she thanked Ash, Pikachu, and Brock.
To deny that she was focused on Ash's goodbye FAR more than Brock's would be wrong. It was Satoshi-tachi, not Ash, Brock, and Pikachu. That's her in private with Piplup (and Pikachu, but eh) and she's opening up to Piplup, making it clear that SHE will miss Ash. (Piplup is going to miss Pikachu, NOT Ash, so why would Dawn mention ASH, and not Pikachu?). Besides, -tachi doesn't mean Brock persay, it could mean Ash and his pokemon (like Pikachu). It's obvious that both her and Piplup's sadness was primarily from Ash. "Satoshi, matte!".

I don't think she does. She had the whole Sinnoh League to forget about Kenny beating Ash, and I'm sure she did (he DID get to the finals, after all).

Perhaps she didn't want Ash to know. As mentioned about DP186, she doesn't seem to want Ash to think she's rooting for anyone but him.
(I wrote something similar before reading this). The jump from Paul to Ash, right?

You saw how unhappy Kenny was, reading the letter and being left there. THEY'RE OLD FRIENDS. She didn't want to hurt him, it's bad enough for him she left with Ash.

And for the record, she said, "In the end, Kengo beat Satoshi, and it was sort of cool..." That means the battle, not him. And even if it was intended to be directed at him, Dawn calls Ash amazing a number of times. One cool? Kenny, milk all you can out of that, because you're not getting much more.
Haha, go DUk XD. In that arrangement, it sounds more like Dawn's trying to be nice. Or maybe she's still trying to boost him up from his massive GF failure :/. Who knows, no matter what we say, no one really knows what Dawn thinks when she says this except maybe the writers. ;)

Then DUk goes "off-the-walls" awesome, but I don't really have anything to say to that XP

Before I forget, @Endless Summer: You posted a screen-grab from the new opening. Where'd you find it?

DigitalUpkeep

I make no sense.
I feel terrible about posting so soon, but it's not a double... so eh... Clearing up some things Facescar said.

(and I believe Tomioka wrote both episodes, right?)

No. Tomioka only wrote DP191. :)

(he DID get to the finals, after all).

Semi-finals* Still though.

(I wrote something similar before reading this). The jump from Paul to Ash, right?

Yes. Exactly.

Before I forget, @Endless Summer: You posted a screen-grab from the new opening. Where'd you find it?

It's been floating around the anime spoilers forums. Teshub, I believe, put it up.
Anyways, so this isn't a complete waste of everyone's time, here's a topic.

How do think that the dub will play out DP175's (Opposites Interact, Dawn v Ursula) significant scenes:

What I mean by this is, how will they interpret the lines used?

The dub has been known to kill PearlShipping moments, and has been doing this since around Day 1. They just did this morning, in fact.

A big point of DP175 is that, pre-battle, Urara is insulting Hikari as usual, and Satoshi goes out of his way to stick up for her. He actually says more to Urara defending Hikari than Hikari herself, if I remember correctly. However, only Hikari has an angry expression during this exchange. Satoshi's expression can be interpreted relatively ambiguously.

So, do you think that Ash will do what Satoshi did and defend Dawn fiercely, or will it be more of a passive approach? Will he instead be addressing Dawn, telling her she can do it? Or will it be a general angry comment? What do you think?

For those of you who were confused, I refer to Satoshi as Ash talking, in the raw. When I use the English names, I'm describing what they say in the dub.

mew151

Thunder Trainer
Do you think Hikari will make a cameo in BW? If so, what could you imagine happening?

I imagine a musical performance for Hikari's surprising return. If Satoshi has more guts, I'd like it if he tries musicals as an alternative to battling. I haven't known how they work though, but since Satoshi uses a bit of Contest performances as his ace-in-the-sleeves, I wonder how musical can become his adaption. Hikari then can show-off her skills and right away learn at least 1 new performance Satoshi already did. After that, a battle between the 2 if possible.

Here's the thing though. I thought the battle between Satoshi and Kengo was NOT GOOD. "Cool" couldn't touch it either. It was not because Satoshi lost. That's never the case. It was how the battle was portrayed. If I were Satoshi, the timing for the defensive position was when Hydro Cannon was fired. Not Drill Peck. Not on Luster/Flash Cannon either because it has a probability effect of skewering Buizel's Special Defense which he should not risk losing even a point. Satoshi was fooling around there with little thinking, using Water Gun against a Hydro Cannon.

BlueDragonfangirl

Here's an intresting bit of info, from the translation by a friend said Ash is really ten still. This is for people who were saying Ash is too old for Dawn, they are the same ageXD
It was in the new preview tonight.

mew151

Thunder Trainer
I see. Oh well. The idiots from another planet say the same comment when Advanceshipping happened. Is Iris also 10 or is it unconfirmed for the moment?

With more BlackWing data, Piplup's Dream World seem to have another effect not discovered yet. I wonder if some of Hikari's previous Pokemon will have their previous abilities replaced?

I just don't see a comparison between those two scenes really. I mean in DP 186 she kinda looked and jumped to Ash's side blushing. Ash didn't really say anything he just looked on somewhat confused.

In DP 180, I guess you could say she didn't want him to know. But, it just seemed odd to me that she couldn't simply say she was waving off Kenny. I doubt Ash would insinuate anything negative behind it. Seems to me she was trying to be very hush, hush about her and Kenny's possible "relationship."

Yeah, okay. Though I'm not sure why the writers added the whole "P.S" thing before said comment. But I may have missed some times when Dawn called Ash amazing. The only time I remember is the Wallace episode lol.

And as for what Dawn thinks, I don't think Kenny's timing could have been worse. That battle is immediately following Ash's dramatic Infernape's Blaze-controlling, eighth badge-winning, undefeatable gym leader-defeating battle, and a battle in which she cheerleads for him to thank him for his Grand Festival support, demonstrate her friendship and show confidence in him.

Hence why I disliked this episode. I mean why would the writers make Ash lose to a secondary character that's not his rival before the League if they weren't going to capitalize on it? Yeah, it was to redeem Kenny, but really it seemed to me well...

The episode seemigly subltly, at least to me, as "who is the stronger guy for Dawn." Of course with Kenny winning, it seemed like they wanted to show Kenny was. You could bring up that Ash beat Nando, Conway, and Paul. But when it comes down to it Kenny beat Ash in a battle over Dawn. Then you have Dawn saying it was "cool". Hence why I said this episodes sole purpose was to give Dawn a shipping that wasn't with Ash at the last possible moment. I really wouldn't consider it a troll move because it was probably the writers intention from the start.

If his loss stunned her..

[IMG139]http://i54.*******.com/21328sp.jpg[/IMG139]

Now I'm not sure how to really read that experssion. I doesn't seem sad to me. Though I really don't know. After the battle she was like "Yatta-ney Kengo...", she seemed to congradulate him, and when he walked off she was like "Kengo....." Not sure what that was all about.

Last edited:

DigitalUpkeep

I make no sense.
I just don't see a comparison between those two scenes really. I mean in DP 186 she kinda looked and jumped to Ash's side blushing. Ash didn't really say anything he just looked on somewhat confused.

That scene was nice, but what I'm referring to is how angry she gets when Barry asks her if she was hanging out with Paul to learn about his battle strategies.

In DP 180, I guess you could say she didn't want him to know. But, it just seemed odd to me that she couldn't simply say she was waving off Kenny. I doubt Ash would insinuate anything negative behind it. Seems to me she was trying to be very hush, hush about her and Kenny's possible "relationship."

Well, Ash didn't know Kenny was going to be at the lighthouse. Ash didn't know Kenny had bet Dawn on the battle. Would've been a lot to explain and wouldn't have fit into the episode. And Ash not questioning it would have been out of character, so what they did makes sense.

Yeah, okay. Though I'm not sure why the writers added the whole "P.S" thing before said comment. But I may have missed some times when Dawn called Ash amazing. The only time I remember is the Wallace episode lol.

Honestly, no idea. Whatever. There's a lot of Dawn admiring Ash moments that the dub killed. Can't name any off the top of my head.

The episode seemigly subltly, at least to me, as "who is the stronger guy for Dawn." Of course with Kenny winning, it seemed like they wanted to show Kenny was. You could bring up that Ash beat Nando, Conway, and Paul. But when it comes down to it Kenny beat Ash in a battle over Dawn.

And?

It was set up terribly. I don't really think Ash thought of the battle as more of anything besides a friendly battle between two casual friends, a la their first meeting and battle. Ash had and has no animosity towards Kenny, who was perfectly nice to him before DP180. I mean, honestly, until DP180, Kenny was really nice to Ash, almost seemed to admire him, and they both helped out each other.

Ash sending Buoysel against Emperte was dumb. Not only was it fated and completely set up by the night incident, it further showed that, really, Ash didn't really take it seriously. He was using Flint's strategy, and the reason Buizel was chosen was, honestly, to make Kenny not seem that impressive overall. If they wanted to make Kenny seem loads more powerful than Ash, there would've been no night scene, Ash would've been straight-up challenged, no Flint's battle strategy, and Emperte would've beat Pikachu. But no.

Not only that, but Ash didn't know Dawn was on the line. Honestly, although Brock supported Kenny, or at least felt sympathetic for him, I don't even know if he was aware of the wager. It was a simple appeal from Kenny to Dawn, and Ash unknowingly won.

Then you have Dawn saying it was "cool". Hence why I said this episodes sole purpose was to give Dawn a shipping that wasn't with Ash at the last possible moment. I really wouldn't consider it a troll move because it was probably the writers intention from the start.

If they wanted to give Dawn a last minute ship, they could've pulled it out better. They could've pulled a ContestShipping. They could've had Kenny either lose in the Festival and leave before meeting up in DP180 to have a flat-out feeling-fest. Or they could've had him stick around, have character interactions with Dawn, had a final battle against each other, acknowledge each other's skill, and leave each other on a happy note.

It was nothing more than honestly satiating non-PearlShippers without outright rejecting PearlShipping. It's like a tease. It's like the PenguinShipper's version of the Windworks ep, as much as I hate to say it. Our interpretation of that is that Dawn's rejection is a cover. Every other Dawn shipper sees that as a "Pearl's not canon yet" and stays hopeful. PenguinShippers see DP180 as an outright success, and it sort of is. It firmly one-sided-canonizes it, on Kenny's side. However, Dawn going with Ash and leaving Kenny behind means it really isn't a victory. He isn't mentioned again. She has no qualms about leaving.

These kind of things are left open ended enough to interpret, like we are. But if, say the Windworks ep and DP180 are equal footed, and they cancel each other out, who's left with more material. The PearlShippers of course.

Now I'm not sure how to really read that expression. I doesn't seem sad to me.

It's not. It's surprised, obviously.

But I read it as this: Coming off of DP179 and Ash's impressive win, I think that Dawn was hoping Ash would win, so she wouldn't have to do what she did. I don't know how many times this has to be said, but they're old friends. She doesn't want to hurt him. So Ash winning would have been the favorable solution. Kenny leaves in acknowledgment, but Dawn hadn't done anything to him, and she gets to go cheer for Ash.

Ideologies

What Now?
Are you going to watch the 1st BW episode tomorrow? If so or if not then answer why.
Yeah, more than likely. The new season seems like fun, and altough I do view Best Wishes as the reason that DP was cut short, it does not mean I will not watch it ;P

Do you think Hikari will make a cameo in BW? If so, what could you imagine happening?

She may have a cameo in BW, but I don't necessarily want her to make a cameo in BW. The way that the other two girls have been handled, cameoing once and not appearing again, has left a bad taste in me. Not only that, but I have expectations I know will not be fufilled if Hikari cameos in BW. It would be nice to see her in BW in a cameo, but I don't want her to cameo. I rather would want to see her have another series with Satoshi post-BW.

Suppose that Iris is the last gym leader, for some reason, with Shaga. Will she stay or go with Satoshi to the league. Because if she stays, then that allows someone else to go along with Satoshi, possibly White orrrr Hikari.

Last edited:

Xx-Endless_Summer-xX

Pearl and Coma <3
That expression Hikari had when Kengo won, it seems like surprise with a tint of sadness to me. (her eyebrows are more like that of a sad person then someone who's simply surprised) She looks like she's thinking something like "He...actually won? ...What do I do now...?"
And that "yatta-ne Kengo..." was just...fake. You can tell with how she said it, weakly and half-heartedly, plus her expression. She made it obvious she wasn't actually happy then...:p
As for Hikari not telling Satoshi that she that was saying goodbye to Kengo...I doubt she's trying to keep her "possible relationship" with Kengo a secret...I guess I just can't see it from this view at all since I think she made it obvious she wasn't interested in anything but friendship XD;; I mean, she IS dense about love after all. I don't think there was any deep meaning to it really. She just wanted to keep the whole ordeal to herself I guess.

The episode seemigly subltly, at least to me, as "who is the stronger guy for Dawn." Of course with Kenny winning, it seemed like they wanted to show Kenny was. You could bring up that Ash beat Nando, Conway, and Paul. But when it comes down to it Kenny beat Ash in a battle over Dawn.

Well it was more "a one sided battle over Hikari" than just "a battle over Hikari". If Satoshi knew the stakes, used his best Pokemon, then yes, it would be a fair battle over her. But since Satoshi knew nothing, used a weak Pokemon just to experiment, and Kengo was the only one making any decisions about the whole thing, it can't really be called that. Truthfully, it was a really unfair setup. I don't like how Kengo went about it at all.
But in the end, yeah Kengo won the battle, but who actually won in terms of Hikari? No one. I'll say Satoshi won moreso then Kengo there, since Hikari kept going with him, AND wanted to continue with him to Kanto also. Kengo...well, got a cheer up letter and a Pocchama figure. ^^;

Here's an intresting bit of info, from the translation by a friend said Ash is really ten still. This is for people who were saying Ash is too old for Dawn, they are the same ageXD
It was in the new preview tonight.

I'm so happy they finally confirmed it properly XD I mean, it was already confirmed, but now that It's actually said in the anime people can't deny it anymore. No more dumb "Aw but Ash is 16 and Dawn is 10 blahblah" :D Yay~!

Yep! I actually think they might have a mention of her early, by showing the magazine with her Mimiroru in it. Like...Satoshi, Iris and Dento are in a store, and Satoshi spots the magazine, and tells them about Hikari a bit or something. Similar to the Kasumi lure in DP. And then later on I except her to cameo properly, not sure how, since contests are gone...I guess Musicals maybe. Or just to visit Satoshi? x3 I have no idea really xD

[IMG139]http://www.deviantart.com/download/179790470/pearl___gifts_by_endless_summer181-d2z1j7q.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/258/6/5/pearlshipping_tribute_by_endless_summer181-d2yrgdo.png[/IMG139]

Last edited:

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
I know right? People keep saying that Ash is like 14 or whatever. I kept saying that Ash is 10 and he still didn't change over the years. I mean, its anime, the producers can say Ash will be ten forever.

Last edited:

Stardust .

Can some people help me find a FanFiction for Pearlshipping? I was enjoying it, but it was recently new, and it was going to get updated by now I think, but I can't find it!

I'll tell you what I know.

So, Dawn and May go to high school and there best friends. May's with Drew yadadada.

Dawn is driving home from high school when her car brakes down, and a limo driving by Samuel Oak ( The Professor Oak) and he drives her to Ketchum manor, were she see's Ash asleep.

Uhh, she starts having dreams about him, and gets a crush on him, and he turns out to have an illness. Dawn doesn't know, but May used to go out with Ash..

PLEASE HELP ME!

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
Yep! I actually think they might have a mention of her early, by showing the magazine with her Mimiroru in it. Like...Satoshi, Iris and Dento are in a store, and Satoshi spots the magazine, and tells them about Hikari a bit or something. Similar to the Kasumi lure in DP. And then later on I except her to cameo properly, not sure how, since contests are gone...I guess Musicals maybe. Or just to visit Satoshi? x3 I have no idea really xD

=O, my aussie friend, you got to mention that idea before i could T-T but im sure Dawn will make a camo maybe after a season that idea is mention. =)

[IMG139]http://www.deviantart.com/download/179790470/pearl___gifts_by_endless_summer181-d2z1j7q.png[/IMG139]

[IMG139]http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2010/258/6/5/pearlshipping_tribute_by_endless_summer181-d2yrgdo.png[/IMG139]

Cute and creative as always Rubz. ^^ Now my turn. >=)

[IMGsize=600]http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l464/battlefreak602/PearlSmileforme.jpg[/IMGsize]

Artist: Slivermoon602 (me)

I will miss you DP. =(

Are you going to watch the 1st BW episode tomorrow? If so or if not then answer why.

Of course, Iris looks like a cute charather to watch, but it's not going to feel the same now that Dawn's is gone. i got use to watch her, i mean she was on our screens for 4 years. its a long time.

DigitalUpkeep

I make no sense.
But in the end, yeah Kengo won the battle, but who actually won in terms of Hikari? No one. I'll say Satoshi won moreso then Kengo there, since Hikari kept going with him, AND wanted to continue with him to Kanto also. Kengo...well, got a cheer up letter and a Pocchama figure. ^^;

Yeah you've really hit the nail on the head. Satoshi really lost nothing that battle, besides Buoysel's temporary well-being. He didn't even know that Hikari was going to leave, so since she stayed with him, well, he didn't lose a thing. He's still not aware of the bet, to this point.

Yep! I actually think they might have a mention of her early, by showing the magazine with her Mimiroru in it. Like...Satoshi, Iris and Dento are in a store, and Satoshi spots the magazine, and tells them about Hikari a bit or something.

It would be great if that happened. The BW could just be peppered with Satoshi obsessing over things Hikari did, Hikari looked like, Hikari said, and it becomes a gag similar to Takeshi's chasing women. 8D. Like Dento or Iris have to like shake him violently when he goes into Hikari-thinking modeee. xD!

[IMGsize=600]http://i331.photobucket.com/albums/l464/battlefreak602/PearlSmileforme.jpg[/IMGsize]
These are great! :D. We have so many talented artists hereeee, it's awesome! :D.

Can some people help me find a FanFiction for Pearlshipping? I was enjoying it, but it was recently new, and it was going to get updated by now I think, but I can't find it!

I'll tell you what I know.

So, Dawn and May go to high school and there best friends. May's with Drew yadadada.

Dawn is driving home from high school when her car brakes down, and a limo driving by Samuel Oak ( The Professor Oak) and he drives her to Ketchum manor, were she see's Ash asleep.

Uhh, she starts having dreams about him, and gets a crush on him, and he turns out to have an illness. Dawn doesn't know, but May used to go out with Ash..

PLEASE HELP ME!
Aha. It just so happens I know that story. :). Here's a link: Click HERE!!!

Last edited:

Japanese Emperor Satoshi

HaHa It is very funny to see that Kenny did not know who was the winner of the battle between Flint and Jasmine...because he just stared at Dawn and Ash jealously and did not pay attention to the battle...

mew151

Thunder Trainer
The story was pretty good, Tyrano. I'm a bit skeptical about her mother in this story as she was little supportive. Would be good if you added in Hikari's interactions with Satoshi's mother.

It would be great if that happened. The BW could just be peppered with Satoshi obsessing over things Hikari did, Hikari looked like, Hikari said, and it becomes a gag similar to Takeshi's chasing women. 8D. Like Dento or Iris have to like shake him violently when he goes into Hikari-thinking modeee. xD!

Huh. If that's the case, do you think that if there's a girl with a visual similarity to Hikari, Satoshi would mistake that stranger? It would show another meaning of his importance to her.

I so hope the person will update with a new chapter soon!

Yeah, Complete Hollow is 1 of the few people that are I dare say best authors. Light and Darkness is 1 of his incredible gems and that 2 shot of his was nothing but a "fool's gold".

For FS's and DUk's sanity's sake I'll try and wrap it up with this.

I guess the point to all my drivel concerning DP180 is revolved around the writers intentions. Unless they made crap up as they went along, it was likely intended that Ash loose to Kenny in a "one-sided" battle over Dawn, or w/e you want to call it. Obviously my question is why? It seemed fairly akward to me that they would indulge Kenny, and Dawn's relationship at that late of a stage if they didn't intend to make anything out of it. When it really wasn't expanded upon as say Drew and May. Then there's the fact that they live in the same town, have the same goals, etc etc.

As for Ash, and Dawn's relationship, seeing as how it was built up and emphasized throughout Sinnoh just to have that episode come along seemed like a perpetual "smack" for lack of a better term to the fans of this particular pairing. Not to downplay this shipping, but it seemed they didn't want to give the viewer the idea that Dawn and Ash could happen so they introduced Kenny as a character, and eventually DP180. Hence why I borught up the comparison to the Drew/Kenny thing. Drew beat Ash, and she would eventually develop a thing for him. Kenny beat Ash, and Dawn called it "cool." Dawn's not nearly a clueless about love as Ash is. She knew what was transpiring in DP178.

I guess you could argue that the meaning of High Touch was subtly emphasized in DP180, and the fact that she still wanted to travel with them is a nice touch too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.