• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pearly

I think Dawn is the best pokemon charector and her piplup is adorable. Ash and Dawn are good friends and it was so sad when dawn and piplup left the show.

Dawn is much better then Misty, I dont know why they all love misty.

Ash and Dawn certainly are better freinds then Ash and Misty.

In my opinion I hate Iris.

mew151

Thunder Trainer
Hey! Hey! No hate on others. Do not drop down to the level of them.

In any case, what sparks your interest in Ash+Dawn?

Pokegirl16

Hikarifan
ahh, guys I'm so sorry that I have not been online for such a long time, but I have been reading the thread so I'm up to date with pearlshipping
Did you guys know that on bubapedia's pearlshipping page Ash has more hints than Dawn? I'm sorry if I miscounted though, as I only counted once, hehe.
Let's not give up on pearlshipping Guys! This is definitely a very strong ship as Ash takes a large amount of interest in Dawn

http://pearlshippingsite.wikidot.com/pearlshipping-hints This is the fan pearlshipping wiki, I started a while ago, It really needs to be updated
Does anyone want to help update the site? I'll give you the username and p/w just pm me

Last edited:
Im back! Anyone miss me? (doubt it) :) So ive been recording all of the sinnoh saga again, tring to find some pearlshipping moments. Think the best so far is Ash asking Dawn to dance...Any thoughts on your favs?

UDI

Orange Hero
i think Dawn return to the series when the remakes of R/S (if there are any)
was released in Japan, and Dawn went to Hoenn

eryyy

Ace Trainer
I like really need to stay active on these forums and especially on here.
I'm still a hardcore Pearlshipper and even though Dawn isn't traveling with Ash anymore, I'd still always continue to love this pairing. Pearlshipping is the reason why I got interested in Pokemon again and even though I'm not as obsessed with Pokemon as I used to be I blame the guys of Big Time Rush for that, I'll still continue to support Pearlshipping, no matter.
Come on, guys. We have to keep Pearlshipping alive. I'm certainly not about to let it die.

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
Hey Pearlshippers I been strong With Pearlshipping.I been a strong Pearlshipper since Dawn left.I mean I sort of giving up on Pokemon a bit.DP will be the best saga ever.I played BW but I will keep Being a Pearlshipper until the end.To keep Pearlshipping alive. :D

Pearl-Chan!

That's the spirit you guys! Right now I'm working on some pearlshipping fanart..and as soon as I'm done I will post it! Errrr how about a topic?

If Dawn appeared on a cameo in BW how would she and Satoshi share some moments?

I think we've done this one before but ah well..i'll answer this later!
PEARLSHIPPING STAY ALIVE!!!!!

UDI

Orange Hero
maybe, Dawn havee important a role in the final battle against the team plasma or team rocket

maybe when Dawn appears in BW, is kidnapped by one of these teams

Yes!, why not?

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
I'm certainly glad there's still a group dedicated to keep this thing going.

As for a cameo? It certainly wouldn't be as part of the final Team Plasma battle, she has no real development vs. them and that'd be just as absurd as having May/Misty fight Team Galactic XP.

As for Team Rocket... that's gotten me thinking.

What if they had a group reunion for a sort of final showdown with Team Rocket? Giovanni's a strong as ever, and there's no way that just three battlers are going to get through his defenses. He's literally been the enemy since the first season, and now he's back to full force. I wouldn't be surprised to see just about every cast member called back for the final showdown. If Team Rocket is taken down, say, in the Champion's League Arc, that's all the more reason to have the team all together.

Also, note that B/W (the games) integrate the enemy team a lot better this time, so it's possible that the anime is ready to spice up their formula a bit as well.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Can I still join? I'm not really a writer, but I really adore this pairing.

I think Dawn will still get a cameo, just to get the tradition going. She could appear when the Pokémon musical is touched in the anime. Maybe as a great coordinator she could get invited to participate in a musical held in the Unnova region.

mew151

Thunder Trainer
Well judging on how BW is handling the series with a quicker journey (at least from the start anyway) and how the Gym battles aren't as well done and exciting as DP's (so far), I'm not sure how they'll make room for Dawn's return and their handling. What possibility I see is she may cameo in BW's movie credits.

Still, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her return and have Tomioka display the episodes. The best episodes calls for the best screenplay director. I can't believe his last work was skipped! *sobs*

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
The first part of the Indigo League was pretty fast too, with Ash challenging the 2nd Gym at 7 episodes and the 3rd at 14. Perhaps they're just kicking the pace along now and introducing as much characters as possible because the Team Plasma storyline is going to be a big one.

Animefan145

Just popping up to add that I'm still following the thread too, still a fan of Pearlshipping, I just don't really post much as I don't really have much to add to speculation, sorry. I'd love to see Dawn show up again in the main series (though it'd sure be odd to see her drawn in the new art style), but its always hard to guess when. It'll probably just be at a random point, like with Misty just suddenly showing up. At least May's cameo tied in surprisingly well into Dawn's own development, but then they both share the same career so that helps.

I'm still mostly expecting Dawn to show up, although I am thrown off by how big the reset of the show was. I hadn't watched the entire episodes until they were dubbed, and ugh, they had to re-explain to Ash the whole thing about the Joy family. Hopefully he won't get amnesia about too much other stuff, like old friends, if/when they ever show up. At least Dawn actually had her own special dedicated to her own journey.

Sometimes Gyms go fast, sometimes they go slow. I mean during Sinnoh there was what, a year-long gap between Ash's seventh and eighth Gym battles? Although there was a lot happening in that year (Dawn's Grand Festival, the Team Galactic finale, etc.). I remember the good old days when Ash went through the whole of Kanto in just a year, wow that seems insanely fast these days.

Its always annoying when the stretch between Gyms are stretched out, although during Hoenn and Sinnoh that was partially because the series was also focusing on Contests, but they do have to wait for the next generation. Although B/W's pace is almost unusually fast. Less than a year since B/W came out, and Ash is already past his third Gym. At this rate B/W could last only two years, though I expect there'll be bigger gaps by the later Gyms. During the third and fourth gen, May and Dawn shared Ash's lead character role, so there was more stuff to do, but not sure what B/W will do yet.

Unless they really do go through Unova that fast, then go to Hoenn or something when the Ruby/Sapphire remake hits. That would tie in nicely to where Dawn would be, kind of like how Misty showed up at the beginning of the Battle Frontier saga (just wish I had actually seen those episodes, unfortunately). Well, one can hope anyway.

Kdude146

hey guys its been a long time and I will never give up on Pearlshipping!!!!! I am enjoying BW and am getting into Wishfulshipping! so I would love it if Dawn to come and give Ash a vist in Unova and then we get a Dawn vs Iris battle for Ash and we would all want Dawn to win that.

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
Quick post:

Will Dawn get a cameo? If so, what'll it be like?
Certainly an overly pearl-y episode would be great, but I don't want to get hopes up dangerously high unnecessarily. Seeing it strictly from a pragmatic and objective perspective, I'd expect there to be a cameo at some point either later in BW or in the eventual Champion's League (I've gone over this several times before, you know what I think will happen at the end of BW).

Then again, it's entirely possible that Dawn won't have a cameo at all, for one simple reason: only Misty has ever shown up in a SS episode and come back for more. Technically, SS001 and SS002 follow a similar pattern to SS024 and SS025, but May never showed up in an SS episode, and DID have a cameo. This may seem a bit convoluted, but Misty had unprecedented support, so she clearly got a large chunk of "extra" SS time, plus a cameo. May and Dawn, by the very nature of how they were brought into the show, lack this same support, and therefore don't necessarily get both a side episode, and a cameo.
There's another reason that a cameo might not happen, at least during BW. If BW's so fast-paced, taking up 2-3 episodes for a Dawn cameo doesn't make much sense. Not to mention, there's no clear reason for Dawn to show up in Unova, it would take some odd explanations of Unova's connection to the rest of the pokemon world, etc. etc.

That said, I do expect at least one more appearance by Dawn before Pokemon's approaching conclusion. So what happens during that episode? Simply put, more of the same. We probably won't get pearlshipping, just more of those great Ash/Dawn friendship moments we've gotten all along. Simply put, unless the anime writers decide to make one of the side-plots of the Champions League be Ash's awakened sense of "oh hey, girls", it's unlikely.

That said.... speculation time!!
When BW's all said and done, Ash almost certainly will have won. He has to beat his new Unova rival in the semi-finals or above (given pokemon anime logic), so he'll probably win the whole thing. That means he qualifies for the Champions League, which was set up so carefully in the Sinnoh Saga. What does that mean? Ash *has* to head back to Sinnoh to compete in the League. That not only makes a reappearance by Dawn almost ensured, but it also means that the pokemon anime is almost over. After all, the moment Ash becomes a Pokemon Champion, the main series is finally, finally, finally over. Given that, there are some unfinished bits of business. Technically, Ash is still in need of serious character development. He doesn't have a love interest, his father's still AWOL, etc. etc. etc. I would expect most of that to be handled during the Champion's League, if for no other reason than that they need to fill an entire season with what amounts to five six-on-six battles. I would also expect almost every major character to show up again. Maybe not Dento and Iris (since they technically are gym leaders in a far-off land), but Brock, Max, May, Misty, and Dawn would quite literally have to be there when Ash wins, with people like the Oaks, the families, the rivals, etc. all either in attendance or watching intently from home. That, plus the awakened love interest possibilities and the inevitable successes of May and Dawn in winning Grand Festivals (again, following Pokemon logic, neither can lose before the finals, and whoever has their GF shown will have to do better, which means win) means that the anime will be breaking a ton of new ground. There's no telling where this whole thing will end up.

Anyways, that wasn't actually a short post. Let me know what you think! I gotta hit the sack, so g'night!

Last edited:

Kdude146

I think that was very good but if Ash wins the UL he can't go and fight the Sinnoh CL he would haf to fight the Unova CL and all of his friends would come from Kanto, Hoenn and Sinnoh to watch him and I bet Dawn would dress up as a cheerleader for that. But I don't think that will happen cuz I have a feeling the that the Sinnoh Chap will be taking part in the Unova League cuz she does show up in the games so that's how he is going to battle her with out going back to sinnoh but Dawn will eather come to watch him live or we will she her glued to the tv to watch him

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
I think that was very good but if Ash wins the UL he can't go and fight the Sinnoh CL he would haf to fight the Unova CL and all of his friends would come from Kanto, Hoenn and Sinnoh to watch him and I bet Dawn would dress up as a cheerleader for that.
Not necessarily.
I might not know much, since I haven't been watching BW lately, but the Sinnoh Elite Four isn't just for Sinnoh. It's considered a supreme "Champions League". To be honest, all the time they spent developing those guys makes no sense if they're just throwing it out now. They never built up the elite four from Johto or Hoenn to be this elite group (though for Kanto they probably did so just as a result of them thinking it would be a one-and-done deal).

But I don't think that will happen cuz I have a feeling the that the Sinnoh Chap will be taking part in the Unova League cuz she does show up in the games so that's how he is going to battle her with out going back to sinnoh but Dawn will eather come to watch him live or we will she her glued to the tv to watch him
That is a good point, but regardless of whether the champion's league is in Unova or Sinnoh (or even Kanto, who knows), all the characters will be there all the same for that final battle, I can guarantee you that.

Regardless, PS ftw! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.