• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxkrystal

Badaladaladala!
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!
This May, Disney XD Japan's airing the DP series again over there!!! Which means Hikari won't be forgotten as much and the SatoHika-ness will still live over there!!!! This is the best birthday present of 2011, oh I feel so fluffy inside because the epic series will re-enter Japan for the first time. I hope that her popularity and her pairing with Satoshi will linger in Nippon that she might make a good come back in the near future.

Kdude146

^ I did not think of that untill now I hope they give Dawn a spin off of her in Hoenn and she gets two new teavle partners this time a girl who is rich and a guy who just wants to see the world and he hits on Dawn but every time she says there's someone eles sorry and we will all know who she is talking about!!!!! :p

Brazillianguy

Hey guys, it's been a long, long time.

Well, in the first place, I've got to say that I'm very happy Pearlshipping thread is more than alive, and I'm sharing with you these feeling because I miss so much back there in the middle of the Sinnoh saga, when I was in school, when we all discussed about the last and the next episode, and I happily and full of hopes lied in my bad, reading Pearlshipping thread 2.0 before sleeping, thinking about some reflection that Angelo posted, or even thinking about how would be PK0082's next episode summary, but always thinking about Pearlshipping, watching videos and listening to songs that bring this ship a little closer. Well, old times.

And those 'old times' were until DP's last episode, when I was at the most important moment of my entire life, which would prove that, since 2008 until 2010, Pearlshipping would have an every-day participation in my life, in my growth. Just for you to know, in 2008 I was at my first high school year, and in 2011 I'm in my first college year, which followed that important moment, prepairing myself for the test that made my dream of studying in Brazil's most traditional law school a reality. Thus, I can safely assume Pearlshipping was an essential part in my life. Since 2008 I discovered love sometimes in real life, and ever tried to make it pure like it could possibly be with Ash and Dawn, Satoshi and Hikari. A mirror.

I had dreams and hopes about Pearlshipping (and still have, but today things are different), as most of you my interest in Pokemon came back with Pearlshipping, I smiled, I cried (like I'm doing now, as I remember the old times, the old routine), I also watched episodes we consider important for Pearlshipping a milion times. You may ask if I can speculate with the same faith we all had before. My answer would be 'I don't know', but that Pearlshipping spirit has really came back tonight, and I'm really happy to be sharing with you my feelings now, lied in my bed, at Pearlshipping thread, before sleeping, like the good, old... times.

wind21

Yes, I really miss the old times, too. For me, pearlshipping took place during my senior year in high school, and then the first three years of college. It got me through a ton of tough times. Maybe BW will do the same, but it hasn't happened yet.

I really enjoyed your post Brazillianguy; I've been thinking of writing something like that, but that's 50x better than what I could have written.

iygt

Dawn was the best female character in the saga pokemon in my opinion
Sorry if you don't understand me, i'm french, so is not so easy to speak english for me :)

I'm a pearlshipper fan, and I hope you will see dawn again, not in BW because there is no contest at unova, but in the next seasons it would be great to see Dawn.

Pearl-Chan!

Hey guys, it's been a long, long time.

Well, in the first place, I've got to say that I'm very happy Pearlshipping thread is more than alive, and I'm sharing with you these feeling because I miss so much back there in the middle of the Sinnoh saga, when I was in school, when we all discussed about the last and the next episode, and I happily and full of hopes lied in my bad, reading Pearlshipping thread 2.0 before sleeping, thinking about some reflection that Angelo posted, or even thinking about how would be PK0082's next episode summary, but always thinking about Pearlshipping, watching videos and listening to songs that bring this ship a little closer. Well, old times.

And those 'old times' were until DP's last episode, when I was at the most important moment of my entire life, which would prove that, since 2008 until 2010, Pearlshipping would have an every-day participation in my life, in my growth. Just for you to know, in 2008 I was at my first high school year, and in 2011 I'm in my first college year, which followed that important moment, prepairing myself for the test that made my dream of studying in Brazil's most traditional law school a reality. Thus, I can safely assume Pearlshipping was an essential part in my life. Since 2008 I discovered love sometimes in real life, and ever tried to make it pure like it could possibly be with Ash and Dawn, Satoshi and Hikari. A mirror.

I had dreams and hopes about Pearlshipping (and still have, but today things are different), as most of you my interest in Pokemon came back with Pearlshipping, I smiled, I cried (like I'm doing now, as I remember the old times, the old routine), I also watched episodes we consider important for Pearlshipping a milion times. You may ask if I can speculate with the same faith we all had before. My answer would be 'I don't know', but that Pearlshipping spirit has really came back tonight, and I'm really happy to be sharing with you my feelings now, lied in my bed, at Pearlshipping thread, before sleeping, like the good, old... times.

WOW...I think you just made me cry. That was amazing...and me to...
I miss the good ol' days but every now and then here at the Pearlshipping thread we have a few moments like we did back then..and you know what I'm not giving up...we still have HOPE!!!
Just like foxcrystal says their putting the DP series back up..and that's the best we've got for now...so ya ummm...KEEP THE FLAME ALIVE!! PEARLSHIPPING GOOOOO!!!!

iygt

WOW...I think you just made me cry. That was amazing...and me to...
I miss the good ol' days but every now and then here at the Pearlshipping thread we have a few moments like we did back then..and you know what I'm not giving up...we still have HOPE!!!
Just like foxcrystal says their putting the DP series back up..and that's the best we've got for now...so ya ummm...KEEP THE FLAME ALIVE!! PEARLSHIPPING GOOOOO!!!!

There is an other DP season?

Pearl-Chan!

^Sadly No..the Japanese Disney XD channel is just replaying the last DP series
But it's still a good thing anyway..GO PEARLSHIPING!!!!

UDI

Orange Hero
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!
This May, Disney XD Japan's airing the DP series again over there!!! Which means Hikari won't be forgotten as much and the SatoHika-ness will still live over there!!!! This is the best birthday present of 2011, oh I feel so fluffy inside because the epic series will re-enter Japan for the first time. I hope that her popularity and her pairing with Satoshi will linger in Nippon that she might make a good come back in the near future.

good news!

pearlshipping alive!
pearlshipping returns!

mew151

Thunder Trainer
Reruns, eh? It's all right. Nothing beats new episodes, but reruns are acceptable, considering some people may not have access to internet for some reason. Huh. Why do I have the urge to watch it anyway?

Well, like many great series with a great start but slowly lagged in quality while the show progresses because they HAD to implement their "plan B", Diamond and Pearl is a treasure to me. The story is so well-executed for a 4 year series and if they left out that very small pool of unnecessary episodes, including ones that are like 3/4 pointless (or whatever), we could have gotten a much better batch of League episodes. There's also things here and there I felt are insignificant to DP, but whatever. It's been done.

I feel DP series as the only series Tomioka looked really forward on, being involved in many episodes compared to the previous and the current series. It's a shame his work cannot be all produce as his League episodes took a large dive from what I'm speculating. I had hopes he would bring in the GSC hero and heroine (Jimmy and Marina) from the little bits of advertisements we saw, showing us Marina performing, but it seems avoided.

Pearlshipping is the first coupling I took heavily serious on and it is still stuck in my heart. I find it hard to let that go, even with BW airing. Ash and Dawn's attachment with each other, even if it was originally for advertisement, is something I grew fond of. Therefore, I feel very attached to this pairing comparing to the other pairs.

Since DP started, from the series throughout and the movies, I always start paying attention for Ash+Dawn. Everything else was 2nd.

Kaush22

Beyond The Limits
Hey Everyone,

Just thought I'd stop by and see how this thread is going. By the looks of it, there are still many active posters (people posting?) and discussion is still at large for the most part.

Brazzilianguy's post really got me thinking about DP and how it's gone now. When I think about it, It really gets me sad. But there are always chances for cameos so that always brings up my spirit.

I think that they could bring Dawn in as a person that designs clothes for the Pokemon Musicals. She did say that she was doing that for Buneary and they might also use Hoenn as an excuse to bring her in for a cameo (she got invited to design clothes for the musical or something).

Pearlshipping forever,
Kaush22

Pokegirl16

Hikarifan
That's great how they're rerunning Diamond and Pearl in Japan, as you all know reruns in Japan are rare. This proves how popular the saga was. Satohika lives!!!!
Sigh, I would do anything to read a new fanfiction of pearlshipping, any suggestions? I'd write one but I have no writing talent whatsoever.
I agree with Kaush22, Dawn could come back to design costumes for pokemon musicals :D

iygt

I don't think. You will not see Dawn in Bw :(
But after Bw, everything can happen

In the first season of Dp we didn't see May, but in the 12th you see her again.

So maybe we will see Dawn in the 2nd season of Bw during the league

Last edited:

Animefan145

Yeah, its nice to hear DP is at least in reruns in Japan. Dawn getting her own special after the series ended helped keep her character from completely fading away like most of the other cast members have after they left the show. Brock getting a special I could understand, since he has probably been on the show the longest after Ash and Pikachu and the Rockets, but was pleasantly surprised Dawn had a special as well. Although that special mostly ignored how she was at the end of Sinnoh, with her just focusing on a new journey (which is kind of annoying since when Ash left she stayed behind for Buneary's career). Oh well, if Ash passes through Hoenn again, maybe they'll bump into her and she did have a thing for designing clothes, although that depends on when musicals will pop up. They're not a central element like contests were during AG and DP, but they'll show up at one point definitely.

I have fond memories of Pearlshipping too. I've followed at least some of Ash's possible couplings over the years, but after Misty left, nobody seemed to come close in terms of chemistry... until Dawn showed up. Nice personality and nice partnership with Ash, with Ash as a somewhat experienced trainer, but they were both still working on their goals. I know the series always resets things every few years, but at least in DP Ash wasn't a complete beginner. It also helped that DP was put together better than earlier series, with recurring characters, rivals, and even the video game's main plot. We're all nostalgic for the first season, but it was a pretty random series, and by the end of Johto the fillers were almost unbearable. Hoenn wasn't much improvement in that department, and while DP still had fillers, and the League still came up short, it just did a lot of things better, like the ups and downs of Ash and Dawn's journeys. Fourth gen will probably remain my favorite for a long time, game and anime wise, unless the fifth gen turns out better than I'm expecting (so far the anime isn't really impressing me much... Oshawott is a poor man's Piplup so far). My only regret is that my interest was mostly burned out after AG, so I didn't watch the first season (although when I was catching up it was fun), and the first dub opening didn't do it any favors, although the subsequent dub opening songs were surprisingly good, just too bad they've never had full versions (I think).

Last edited:

Pearl-Chan!

^At least where you live DP isn't over!! The thread is
going bak down guys!! Let's keep it ALIVE!!!! PEARLSHIPPING!!!!!!!!!

BlueDragonfangirl

PearlShipping is a live in the US still, it airs in reruns on Cartoon Network. Its always fun to rewatch the little moments they had.

rioT6296

a girl who dreams (:
...it's been awhile since I've been here. I still check this thread every other day, and I'm still a faithful pearlshipper. but, I've just been so caught up in life and stuff that I haven't had that much time to post on here.

well, at least the thread's still alive! not as active as before, but still alive. :)

*sigh* I remember the good old days when we'd be discussing about the past week's episode, and speculating on what Pearlshippy hints we could possibly get in the next week's episode.
those were the days.

BlueDragonfangirl said:
PearlShipping is a live in the US still, it airs in reruns on Cartoon Network. Its always fun to rewatch the little moments they had.

yep, that's true!
every single time I hear that a Pokemon DP episode is coming up next on Cartoon Network, I can't help but sit and watch the whole episode, counting out all the cute interactions and hints I can find. I am such a geek. (x
but it's just fun to relive the moments. :D

and it's nice to hear that they're showing reruns of Pokemon DP on Disney XD Japan. Pearlshipping won't be forgotten just yet!

and, I wrote a new fanfic! it's going to be a multi-chaptered one.
it's called Always. I hope you like it. :)

about Dawn's cameo: yeah, I really hope she has one.

I just hope we'll see Dawn at least one more time, and we'll have a chance for more opportunities for Pearlshipping.
even if it's just something small, at least it's something. :)

Last edited:
Awww, guys.. Seeing you all reminiscing about the good ol' PS days makes me want to go back to that, to still wish Dawn had never left. Can't believe it's been so many years since their ~fateful~ meeting. (':

I've been trying to experiment with different Ash shippings, but none of them have stuck with me like SatoHika did. (Well, except for some yaoi ships, but that's a whole different level). It's like, they were MADE for each other, you know? Dawn has been (and always will be) the only girl who can truly be called Ash's equal. It's obvious that in BW and in past sagas that no other girl have had any significant importance as much as Dawn did, and they had little impact on Ash's goals compared to her. I mean, hello; without her, Ash wouldn't have used many of the winning techniques she created in the Pokemon League. I think that means a lot (considering this is Pokemon).

My point: I still love PS from the bottom of my heart. I still go online and watch clips of famous Pearlshipping hints and moments...

I want to go back a bit and reintroduce some old topics:

Why do you like LOVE Pearlshipping?

and

What got you into Pearlshipping in the first place?

Heehee. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.