• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew151

Thunder Trainer
It has? I haven't found info on them. Got links or are these just rumors or fan made?

IF Dawn and Ash somehow meet up again in the future, how would you expect their reunion to go?

Well my idea is, after Dawn competes in the Grand Festival (whether the winner or whatever), she was invited along with Wallace to visit Unova to extend Contests around the world. Dawn or Ash notices one another and... I'll let the story play itself.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
What got you into Pearlshipping in the first place?

That's a good question.
For me, I think mostly their friendship. I didn't really start to like Pearlshipping until after the first time I saw Ash and Dawn high five for the first time. After that, I started to become obsessed with Pearlshipping.
So yeah, I'm going to go with their friendship for this one.

Why do you like LOVE Pearlshipping?

Oh my gosh, where do I begin?

The support: that plays a big part in why I love Pearlshipping. I mean, Dawn actually went through the trouble of putting on a cheerleading outfit just to cheer Ash on. Did Misty or May ever did that? Nope. They just usually sat on the side and watched the battle. That just shows how much she believes in him. Ash hasn't missed any of her contests. He didn't do that with May because sometimes, he would be off training his Pokemon. That's another thing.

The similarities: Ash and Dawn really are alike, aren't they? You can't deny that. They have so much in common, it's hard to imagine them not together as a couple. At least it is to me.

High Touch: That song is just the ultimate Pearlshipping hint to me. I mean, for starters, Ash and Dawn actually sing that song together and some of the lyrics are like seriously shippy. Friends wouldn't say stuff like to each other like Ash and Dawn did to each other in that song. You can't argue with that. That song is just another reason why I love Pearlshipping. Do I need to say more?

So yeah, I think I basically covered the reasons why I love Pearlshipping.

dechirures

Heaven Or Hell
Its been a year since i Got on Serebii forums again

Why do you LOVE Pearlshipping?

This Was My First Ever Shipping I Ever Love
Because They Have a Deep Bond
Which I Never Seen To the Other
Traveling Companion Of Ash
They also have a lot in common
Which Mean they have chemistry
You can also say that High Touch
Also add up to there relationship :)

I Started To Think Of Pearlshipping
When I Watch the Movies of
DP The Rise of Darkrai And Giratina And The Sky Warrior
Why? Because They Always Helps Each other
They Aren't afraid of the consequences
and in the movie they showed they really cared for each other
and they show deep bonds there as well
They When I Heard The High Touch Song
This Really Got Me Loving Pearlshipping too Much

IF Dawn and Ash somehow meet up again in the future, how would you expect their reunion to go?
Hmm I'm Not sure but perhaps there will be a special event
in one of the regions where they will meet again :)

thewookie1

Anyone notice the recent BW episode.

Ash says Dawn's usual line "no need to worry" after Ash falls out of the tree.

Anyone notice the recent BW episode.

Ash says Dawn's usual line "no need to worry" after Ash falls out of the tree.

He's being saying that a lot hasn't he really? Right from when she first said it, just shows that a little piece of Dawn will go with him everywhere! :)

Sorry for the really bad activity from me going on. I honestly should not even be worthy -kneels down and begs for forgiveness-

Any who! Question timeee! Despite the ... really really late contribution from me -sweatdrops-

I've actually never answered a question like this, but here I go! After Misty left, I was still very young to understand the concept of romance in Pokemon due to the fact that... well yes, I was young and naive! And from that point of my life I had very little interest in Pokémon (I dare say) after problems at school and struggling with autism. A few years later, I had watched the rest of what I had missed, still unamused with the fact Misty had gone and that the new character had replaced her, but my mind had drifted onto the concept of 'love', the first being Contestshipping as the first episode I watched was when May was given a rose by Drew. Once again, I drifted off from Pokémon, and when I got back...Guess what? PEARLSHIPPING WAS BORN IN MY HEART! :D There was Hikari, all bubbly and smart and of course, standing next to Ash and my heart SOARED! I don't know why but that was when the full concept of 'love' in an anime for be was born! I don't know what it was that made me fall in love with Pearlshipping in the first place! Was it the moments they shared? Their laughs that brought music to my ears that screamed 'Love song'? Was it when they stood next to each other and looked like a couple? Was it when I started watching videos and reading fanfictions. To be honest, I think the curiousity got the better of me and it was the first shipping I had really enjoyed and wanted to happen so greatly that I'd write, sing and dance for it! XD

Sorry for the 'life story' Xd I shall calm down now :D And the second question...

Why do you LOVE Pearlshipping
I think personally that I answered that in the last paragraph I wrote XD So I shall not go on. However I will say that cheesy line... those two were meant for each other! That's that :3 YAY FOR PEARLSHIPPING :D ... ... ...

Kdude146

when I started to see that they are best friends and will do any thing for each other and watching AMV about the two of them atm I knew that I was a Pearlshipper and no longer a Pokeshipper the last for years in Sinnoh were the best 4 years has a pokemon fan and I wish I could relive them all over agian

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer

Well let's see. When I saw Dawn ask Ash to travel along with him in the straightforward matter, its tells me that she wants to be with him. Also to that when Dawn in the pajamas winks at Ash while Brock holding Happiny in whatever the episode that moment came from, its gives me the idea of Dawn takes a liking to Ash.

Pokegirl16

Hikarifan

Hmm, it would definitely be the episode Champ Twins, when they have their first pokemon battle together. Some say it was a rip off of the one with Ash and May, but this episode clearly showcased their relationship.
Plus the fanfictions and endless-summer's fanart aided as well

foxkrystal

Badaladaladala!
When I was finding a light of hope in the tunnel I was stuck in year 2007. After watching some youtube videos, I bump into a video that said, 'Ash and Hikari' and I was thinking, "hm... I wonder what's with him and this new girl..." So I watched it and I was fascinated! I was an abilityshipper at first when the Battle Frontier saga was still airing in America, then I realised that since the DP series was going to begin airing soon, I saw that Satoshi and the new protagonist Hikari were going to have a long trip together. That's when I became a Pearlshipper and I'm also excited to see the DP series back in Japan this month :DDDD

wind21

Can you guys really believe that it was this time last year we knew things were coming to an end? It's just amazing, and a little sad, to think this much time has passed.

I guess this isn't really a topic, but compared to what your expectations were last year about pearlshipping at about this time with Sinnoh coming to an end, how did things turn out for you?

trustest_friend

for the best
I must say that their bond make me watch them every time they together. Happy, sad, learning, respect to each other and more. In Dawn's 1st contest, their high five make me fell somethings special and from that day, i watch them closely.

Animefan145

I guess this isn't really a topic, but compared to what your expectations were last year about pearlshipping at about this time with Sinnoh coming to an end, how did things turn out for you?

Let's see, checking Bulbapedia, Dawn's Grand Festival was just starting up around this time last year. Hm, my expectations were for Dawn to lose the GF (no surprise there, although at least it wasn't to a newly introduced trainer), although her winning the Grand Festival would've been nice, but given how well protagonists do in this anime, not very likely.

While we'd all love to see Dawn hang around (and there are at least several quite nice pieces of fanart depicting Ash and Dawn in the player character's clothes from Black/White, so she could pull off at least a modified version of that outfit), we all knew her time was almost over. I think my expectations were for Dawn to cheer for Ash to the very end at least and have a nice send-off, and we mostly got that. Her departure wasn't quite as nice as I had expected (for instance you'd think Buneary would be more broken up about not seeing Pikachu anymore, rather than Piplup), but at least Dawn was thinking of going with Ash to visit Kanto before something else came up.

Too bad the thirteenth movie turned out to be one of the weaker ones, although after how well the DP trilogy of movies turned out, I guess one junk movie isn't that big of a missed opportunity, although I had hoped the last movie with Dawn in it would've been better.

Although after Sinnoh ended we did get a Dawn special, which was quite surprising, I don't think we had seen any specials with former cast members since... Pokemon Chronicle which focused on Kanto and Johto? No Pearlshipping hints during the special unfortunately, but at least we saw her one more time after Sinnoh was over, so who knows. Following the trend of the previous girls, she should show up at one point during Unova, but I'm kind of worried with how Best Wishes has also been a bit of a bigger reboot than normal (the region is farther away, and also Ash is an even bigger idiot than normal at the beginning of a series).

I'm not expecting any more Dawn appearances, but then we did get that Dawn special, so you never know. Although BW is also moving along at a pretty quick pace too, with Ash already winning three badges in less than a year, without any contest arcs to slow down the series anymore either. It hasn't been quite a full year since Dawn left, but I still miss her presence on the show (and not entirely a fan of BW's different style either).

Huh, in May last year I was looking forward to the finale of both Ash and Dawn's Sinnoh journeys. Sadly both ended predictably (in defeat, although at least both made it up there quite high), but both supported each other to the end. Now, Pearlshipping-wise, the best one can hope for is Dawn's eventual cameo, let's hope they don't break that tradition. But at least it was a fun last year of Sinnoh. And I was hoping they would go out with a high five, and they did, ah it was such a beautiful farewell.

foxkrystal

Badaladaladala!
but compared to what your expectations were last year about pearlshipping at about this time with Sinnoh coming to an end, how did things turn out for you?
Well, I always kept my expectations to a minimum many times and I thought that due to Hikari's popularity, she was going to go with Satoshi to another region. I kept praying and keeping good faith until Hikari actually made her departure. I was sad but thankful because I had a blast of the most awesome three years a shipper could ever have. I really enjoyed every stinkin' moment each Satoshi and Hikari had together including Pikachu and Pochama's bond.
A few weeks ago, I read this article about Satoshi's Pikachu and his development.
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Personality_&_Development:_Ash's_Pikachu
In all honesty, I was really glad that Pochama was mentioned and mentioned quite majorily. There were so many hints about them that I had strong faith for Pearlshipping. Really, in DP191, their cries together made me well up a lot because of how strong their bond was that Satoshi and Hikari weren't able to do because it just wasn't that time (plus it would screw up the storyline so yeah). So even though Hikari and Pochama are gone, I know one day they'll meet again and hopefully for a good reason :).

Brazillianguy

Can you guys really believe that it was this time last year we knew things were coming to an end? It's just amazing, and a little sad, to think this much time has passed.

Sadly enough to make me think about it every single day, buddy. Time passes, memories keep running our mind, and this works like a natural matter. But memories are here just to remember us how important that moment, or better, that Pearlshipping moment, is to us. Memories make little moments endless. I'm happy Pearlshipping had a great impact, great enough to give us some hope Hikari will come back and we'll expect a new "hint".

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

Well, I honestly had some hope that Dawn wouldn't leave the main cast. I thought that maybe she'd stay throughout Unova, but that wasn't the case. I'm still happy, though. While she didn't stay as I had hoped, she returned in a special episode, and that was still amazing. Ash wasn't featured in it, but it didn't matter because Dawn herself reminded me a bit of him. It's like she absorbed some of his traits while she was traveling with him, and that made her a stronger person. I hope that she returns in a future episode, because I really want to see her again with Ash. That is my PearlShipping-related wish for the year.

thewookie1

What are best Pearlshipping fanfictions? Links too please.

armorknight

I must admit that my reasons are very perverted. Dawn's petite-loli look really turned me on as did her mini-skirt. I like to think that Dawn has a hidden kinky side since she wears such a short skirt so often.

Why do you love Pearlshipping?
I love Pearlshipping because Dawn would make such a good wife. She is outgoing and cheerful, but at the same time feminine, submissive, and very supportive of Ash. Those are the qualities of a great wife for sure. Plus, Dawn isn't a loudmouthed tomboy like Misty, May, and Iris. Those three are girls who I would have a one-night **** with or a short fling with. Dawn is the type of girl who I would marry for sure.

Facescar

Post-Rambler General
Hey guys! Now that my school's off I'm hoping I can be a bit more active on here and on fanfiction :p ^_^

@thewookie1: I'm not going to post all the links here (I don't have much time) but just check the FFs I favorited On my profile (this isn't self-promotion, just what I consider a decent collection). There are a few really good collections around, but they're dozens of pages back and really hard to find on short notice QQ

Why do you love Pearlshipping?
To put it out quickly... because Ash and Dawn are clearly really well suited for each other. If Brock wasn't there as a (albeit necessary) third wheel, they would have certainly gotten together by the end of Sinnoh, but that's ok. They work so well as either close friends or lovers that it's hard not to like them. Not to mention, the character development in Sinnoh was actually pretty well done for a Pokemon series (if a bit formulaic by objective standards), especially since they had so many episodes not focused on gym battles, but on their relationship instead.

I'd like also to point back to all those massive posts we had around the time of the last few episodes being released in Japan, how we kept noticing crazy-symbolic connections between the two over the course of the series. Not all of those were intentional, and most might not have any meaning for the end of the Pokemon anime and the outcome of Pearlshipping, but it was definitely a nice boost to how I perceived the shipping :)

catzeye

Writer's Block
I've been gone for awhile now...sorry about that

I think it was just the interactions between them. It seemed like the friendship got off to a great start pretty easily. Ash and Dawn gave each other support throughout their journey.

It's hard for me to explain, but something just clicked about Pearlshipping that made me like it so much.

Katsu Koneko

明日がある
Oh man it's been a while since I've posted here. I'm so sorry. xD;;

Alright, I'll be like the first to say this, but I got into PearlShipping when Hikari's design came out. I thought they looked cute together appearance-wise and not only did the anime confirm my suspicions, but they also granted me these adorable scenes and development.

[IMG139]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/KatsuJ/Satoshi/Satoshi%20and%20Hikari/13127418.jpg[/IMG139]
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=13127418

Status
Not open for further replies.