• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flame Mistress

*Sigh* I got Marill lol. Oh well I guess Marill will represent me then. So how will the text and BG look like? Will it look Pearlshippy? XD

Well, I'm thinking about making a huge team pose with all of us together and maybe sprites of Ash and Dawn together (if I can find a good custom sprite that I can use for Ash), with us (the Pokemon) around them if possible. This is my first team pose, but I guess it should be easy enough, right?

...Right?

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
What's your favorite Pearlshipping AMV?

Gosh, i've seen a bunch that are wonderful~ I dunno if I can choose just one D: Although MissPsychadelic is my favourite Pearl AMV artist though~ ^w^

I like these ones best, so I guess it's a tie between them? :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCoTDygY3Wg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A34HIgJxFnI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gf5u1K3vUE

You, sir/ma'am, have great taste in amv makers <3 I love MissPsychadelic's Pearlshipping amvs :3 As for Pokemon representation thing, I took a Pokemon personality quiz and got Lapras, so Lapras would be nice. ^_^ I think the idea is great ^_^

Sunset Shine

In the Night Sky
Hey everyone, I've been an avid PearlShipper for more than three years now and I absolutely love the pairing, so I thought that this was the place for me. ^_^ I'll try to participate as much as I can.

lokoduro

Shinji Time!
Welcome to the thread,Sunset Shine! (this is getting very frequent this month ^^)
Actually you got the right timing,2012 is going to be a balst here xD
Also,I kept supporting Pearlshipping for 3 years,it is awesome that you decided to join xP
Hey,would you mind answering the traditional first topic?
Why do you like Pearlshipping?
If you want,there is some topics above to be answered too ^^

Sunset Shine

In the Night Sky
Why I like PearlShipping? I guess it's because of the bond thast they share toghether and the such... So it's basically like a relationship when they are always caring about each other, deep down, like siblings, and they're always supporting each other.

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
Why I like PearlShipping? I guess it's because of the bond thast they share toghether and the such... So it's basically like a relationship when they are always caring about each other, deep down, like siblings, and they're always supporting each other.

Welcome to the Pearlshipping thread, zam~ Hope ya make lots of posts here! :3 Great answers well, I agree completely. ^_^ They, in my opinion, had the best chemistry and friendship out of all the other girls Ash has traveled with. Misty yells at him at too much for me to like Pokeshipping, May blew him off every chance she got to talk to Drew =P(Correct me if i'm wrong, my memory of Advanced Generation is really fuzzy), and while I will admit to liking Negaishipping, they're more like friends than anything else. Dawn obviously cares deeply about him, and did want to go with him to Unova. Not to imply he wasn't close to Misty, May, or Iris, I just think him and Dawn had the best friendship.

Last edited:

Sunset Shine

In the Night Sky
Welcome to the Pearlshipping thread, zam~ Hope ya make lots of posts here! :3 Great answeras well, I agree completely. ^_^ They, in my opinion, had the best chemistry and friendship out of all the other girls Ash has traveled with. Misty yells at him at too much for me to like Pokeshipping, May blew him off every chance she got to talk to Drew =P(Correct me if i'm wrong, my memory of Advanced Generation is really fuzzy), and while I will admit to Negaishipping, they're more like friends than anything else. Dawn obviously cares deeply about him, and did want to go with him to Unova. Not to imply he wasn't close to Misty, May, or Iris, I just think him and Dawn had the best friendship.

Yeah, exactly. Misty didn't have the right personality, May was more like Ash's student and little sister, and Negai is the improved version of Poke, with better interactions and personalities, but without as much charm as Pearl.

IvanAipom93

I'll say "TOLD YOU!"
Guys, let's stay in-thread and talking about PearlShipping, or someone will scold us (lol).

However, while waiting for Loko's manga-news, I've decided to make a new topic. It's more specific than the last ones, but I'm sure everyone here knows what I'm talking about.
It's something that can drive a PearlShipper's mind crazy, or at least it's what I think: DP061 and DP062. Precisely, during DP061 (as everyone will surely know) Ash watched a very sad Dawn after her loss at the Solaceon Contest (the 2nd in a row); first he wants to help her (stupid Brock!) with a clear gesture, and so, we assume he WANTED to do something; later he's the only one to notice she's clenching her fist, and then he assumes that famous expression we all know.

Pictures:

We can assume that he certainly wanted to do something for her and he certainly UNDERSTOOD she was suffering a lot after the loss.

During DP062, in the famous "Ash-is-dense" scene, Ash could maybe be TOO MUCH dense. If he noticed she felt bad after the loss at the contest, why he should have asked the reason of her crying? Dense is a thing, stupid is another... Ash isn't stupid. He can't forget a thing he saw in the previous episode (the day before).

Pictures:

So, after this long list of reasons, my question is...

Do you think Ash was pretending during DP062's main scene?

Obviously everyone has to answer following the anime as a story. I mean, "the writers choosed that because of-" isn't a proper answer here. If you're going to use something like that, please answer thinking of the anime like a REAL story. And it will be funnier. And, because this is a midly-complicated topic, please don't answer with one-line posts: the answers should be motivated with proofs and thoughts.

p.s. i've added pictures to make the topic more complete. If they're unuseful or in every way against rules (or whatever else), please tell me and I'll remove them. You know... I'm not so expert, I don't think they break rules but if it is, tell me.

lokoduro

Shinji Time!
@IvanAipom93: Thanks,Ivan.I thought I was speaking with walls ¬¬ So yeah,Pearlshipping Thread,there is a "Ash shipping" thread for a reason.
Also,we can make better than one liners...
Back to Ivan: Patience.I'm still a noob in japanese...I'll answer to your topic later,I need to rest a little on thinking.
Again use VMs to talk about favorite pokemon :/

xXLuminousNightXx

The Shining Shinx
@SapphireIris: I am indeed a Ma'am, and thank you very much ^^ She is quite a good SatoHika AMV creator, is she not?:3

@Sunset Shine: Welcome to the Pearlshipping Thread! We're glad to have another member, and we hope you enjoy it here! :D

As for IvanAipom's Topic Question, it's very possible that he was faking it. Like you said, he isn't stupid. My guess is, if he was indeed faking it, either he wasn't sure how to act on it (some people have a hard time dealing with emotional situations such as this), or he thought it would be best to leave it be and not press the issue further, in case she would (possibly) blow up in his face about it, or get even more upset.

lokoduro

Shinji Time!
Ehhh...you can't separate the writers's will with the anime story.Pokemon anime is mostly used as marketing tool and like the DIRECTOR(the former) said: "girls are replaced for candy eye" so yeah,writers play a big part on that.Although...
As for me,I try to view Satoshi's density from an " inside the anime " spectrum.
It is one thing I prefer to block the writers fro interruptions,because Satoshi's character is already defined,writers can't change that.
As I said,I keep writers in mind in most cases,like the case of "never gonna be canon because of the writers" thing.They probably don't want too screamy things,Kasumi was screamy enough for most saying that it is undeniable er love for Satoshi,even I agree with that.
But after AG and the candy eye,marketing being implemented hugely...even Kasumi cameos seem to be less screamy,maybe that's why she was somewhat cold with Satoshi.It is like they are trying to remake her feelings.
But I'll end the off-topicness here.
The thing is that Pearl wasn't that affect by those aspects of the anime,Pearl actually getting the better of it.
The innocent,not to screamy relationship turned out to be awesome,and thinking for a second,they are VERY close but they aren't in love.Which could mean that they didn't realize about it yet.
Marketing actually protected Pearl....Pizza Commercial,Movie posters,SatoHika everywhere in Japan....
And the part of the writers themselves,we have Tomioka.He is the main scripter and he definitely wrote many Pearlshippiness.
So yeah,we actually are blessed by marketing stuff ;)
The only thing that was bad,was Hikari leaving the series for nothing at all,just for BW games and blah blah blah.
But returning to the question,he was pretending.
Since my vision on his character is inside the anime,Satoshi just plays the fool...he actually would know when a girl is flirting with him and everything.Writers made him dumb about that,but EP09 is the proof that he always knew about girls.Hikari is just as dense as he is...while they can't get everything,they ger the important part 70% of the time.
Satoshi being the ONLY to notice Hikari's sadness during DP61 is already enough proof for that above,and for Satoshi just playing the fool in DP62 too.He just turned the situation much lighter,just like their friendship is.Light,innocent and pure :)
So that said,yes he just played the fool...don't worry =D

Flame Mistress

Yeah... Sorry about that. ^^; Everyoje, just PM/VM me, okay?

As fog the topic, I'll answer it after I get to watch DP062 again... My memory's a bit fuzzy, so I don't want to mention anything that isn't actually on the episode.

Also, welcome, Sunset Shine! It's lovely to have you here =) Just in time to see the thread revive into its former glory (well not exactly but still)!

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
By main scene you mean Ash noticing Dawn upset right? Well I'll talk about it anyway... Nah, I think Ash meant it whole heartily, not the inquiring of dust in her eyes, but that he knew she was upset. I could be wrong and Ash might truly be oblivious, but I think he did know why she was upset. I believe that's the reason (and I know think I fully understand that question at this point) Ash asked if it was dust, because he wanted to cheer her up in a way to not be thinking about her last contest. So my first sentence can be both right and wrong, because technically he was pretending, but at the same time, he wanted to cheer her up, thus down playing his knowledge while getting Dawn to think of other things, ending with them getting Ice Cream

Flame Mistress

I don't think so. I mean, he wasn't still the dense, oblivious kid from OS and had significantly matured over time, so I think that he wasn't pretending and really showed genuine concern for Dawn. Only he didn't express it the way he could have. Looking at his reaction to Dawn's loss in DP061, he probably did care about Dawn's feelings. I think that when he asked her about the dust in her eyes, he was just trying to let her know that he cared about her, he was there for her, and she could tell him about her worries if she wanted to, in a way. Either that, or as Joltik-Kid said, he just wanted to stray her mind from the contest. Of course, we'll never know for sure, but I think he was at least expressing some concern for her, else he probably wouldn't have approached her at all. At least we all know that Ash cares about whether Dawn has dust in her eyes or not =P

Also, about the team pose, I'll just stick with favourite Pokemon because lokoduro said so. I think that would be better for everyone, and that they'd feel a better connection with the Pokemon. Not that it really matters, but still.

lokoduro

Shinji Time!
Be a good girl Flame Mistress :p jk jk xDDDDD
As for everyone analysis...yes.He wasn't that of an idiot to forget from one episode to another.
If there is any doubt about it,Satoshi's expression BEFORE he asked should be enough to clear anyone's thought.
He looked down to her with a sad face :( so yeah if he asked only for the dust in her eyes,he wouldn't be all sad about this...or is it a very sad situation to have dust in the eyes now?xD haha.

Flame Mistress

...or is it a very sad situation to have dust in the eyes now?xD haha.
Ash: Oh noes, Dawn has dust in her eyes, it's a catastrophe! She's gonna die! It surely must be a sad occasion for everyone!

XD

Speaking of which... I've thought of another scenario with Ash and Dawn.

Ash: Dawn, have you got dust in your eyes?
Dawn: Um... a little bit...
Ash: Oh, should I blow that out for you? *leans in*
Dawn: *blushes and closes eyes as Ash leans in*
Ash: ...Uh, Dawn, I can't really blow the dust out of your eyes if you close your eyes like that...
Dawn: *opens eyes and blushes furiously* Oh! Oh, yeah! So sorry! (Damn, I totally thought he was going to kiss me... he'll think I'm an idiot now! Crap!)

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Speaking of which... I've thought of another scenario with Ash and Dawn.

Ash: Dawn, have you got dust in your eyes?
Dawn: Um... a little bit...
Ash: Oh, should I blow that out for you? *leans in*
Dawn: *blushes and closes eyes as Ash leans in*
Ash: ...Uh, Dawn, I can't really blow the dust out of your eyes if you close your eyes like that...
Dawn: *opens eyes and blushes furiously* Oh! Oh, yeah! So sorry! (Damn, I totally thought he was going to kiss me... he'll think I'm an idiot now! Crap!)
That's both adorable and funny...

IvanAipom93

I'll say "TOLD YOU!"
@FlameMistress: with "pretending" I simply meant he was pretending to think that the dust in her eyes caused her to cry. Not pretending he wasn't worried for her xD my opinion is pretty the same as yours, he perfectly knew what happened, he perfectly knew why she was crying, but he was a bit "playing" the part of the dense one... doing something to cheer her up someway (dense-line, what's better than that?), as he finally did. I compare this part with other interactions during times Dawn was sad, for example the end of DP061: Dawn is upset, Kenny knows that, but does nearly nothing to cheer her up (he went away) and however didn't make her feel better. One episode later, Ash makes her feel better. The interactions here are very elementar. Like "I believe in you" (the PearlShipping american song, yes, MIRACLE!) says:

Who do I turn to when things are broken?
Where do I go when I'm feeling alone?
Who's always there with arms wide open, it's you.
Yeah, it's you.

Where do I hide when it's dark and stormy?
Where do I run when it's all too much?
Who gives me hope when I wake each morning, it's you.
Yeah, it's you.

I forgot to answer to a question you made 2 pages ago (so many posts these days!):
Also, just asking, is there anyone in this thread whose first language is English? This thread seems to consist members of varying nationalities... Cool. ^_^
I'm italian, as you know, I live in Naples (I hope you know my wonderful city, eheh). I've learned the english language mainly by myself (school english is so stupid sometimes, it doesn't help you xD). And I did it expecially thanks to 2 internet places: Bulbapedia and Serebii. On Bulbapedia I had to read informations about the anime (italian sites don't consider very much the anime, pft ¬¬) and, step by step, I got used with the english pages of the episodes. On Serebii I've read PearlShippers on this thread doing their reasonings every day (but some months after the original messages were posted... because of spoilers xD), also because PearlShipping (and ships in general) aren't that considered here (what the hell we consider? Stupid Italy sometimes!). Up to some years ago, PearlShippers almost didn't exist here... I'm proud I started the Pearl-generation in my country, telling everyone I could how DP was great and stuff. Btw I'm talking too much xD I'll stop here.

Your scenario is great, cuteness overload as Pearl requests. And innocence at the same time, because Dawn thinks it's Ash starting the thing xD

When we're out of topic, we can also talk about "I believe in you" I mentioned above. For me, it's a PearlShipping american song (again: MIRACLE!). What do you think about it?
Can "I believe in you" be considered a PearlShipping american song?

Flame Mistress

Can "I believe in you" be considered a PearlShipping american song?

No American Pokemon song is PearlShippy! It's purely impossible! They're too biased! /jk

Looking at the lyrics you posted there, I think you could say that it is. I mean, it contains the main elements of PearlShipping in my opinion, as in, caring for each other and, like, their thereness for each other. Just being together with each other makes them happy, and I think that the song has successfully emphasised that point. But then again, I'm only judging from what you posted there, Ivan, so I may be wrong, but still. I think this song shows the special bond between Ash and Dawn very well.

Also, I think that if people actually shipped characters in Korea (I have no idea if they do, I don't really know about Korean Pokemon fan-sites or anything like that), I think PearlShipping would be the most popular, since as far as I know, DP was the most popular series in Korea. You know what, I should spread the PearlShipping love to Koreans,. That would be fun.

On another note, I decided to make a banner instead of a team pose, with everyone's favourite Pokemon on a banner as well as a PearlShippy scene overlayed on top of it or something. I just need to find a good PearlShippy scene. Any ideas?

Last edited:

lokoduro

Shinji Time!
Let's see,we could make a poll for that,select your scene!Hmm...VM FlameMistress to suggest your fav scene :3 since she is the one doing it ^^(I'm a lazyass I know xP)
As for the topic I'll stay quiet since I don't the hell what you are talking about xPP
I'll also introduce another episode topic since the last was interesting.(More like a plot topic but anyways...)

How do you see Aipom and Buizel plot being a positive aspect for Pearlshipping?
Please explain with some details regarding SatoHika's bond and ...*fill the blank*

Status
Not open for further replies.