• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikatoshi26

Hi!

there will not be if anyone noticed this, but in the screenshots of Pokemon X / Y, the display of the status of the pokemon (which shows the attacks) can be seen at the bottom, a section for what appears to be a section for the ribbons, can this be a return of the contests? and if so, you think Dawn return to the anime? (as part of the main cast of course)

That's intriguing... I'd love Dawn to return and although i believe she will you cant be too sure.

gohan5

Irisboy
Hi!

there will not be if anyone noticed this, but in the screenshots of Pokemon X / Y, the display of the status of the pokemon (which shows the attacks) can be seen at the bottom, a section for what appears to be a section for the ribbons, can this be a return of the contests? and if so, you think Dawn return to the anime? (as part of the main cast of course)

That's the ribbons for the Pokemon, they're present in the games already. For instance, the Pokemon that Nintendo distributes in events (Mewtwo, Meloetta, Genesect) every so often usually come with a ribbon, the gift ribbon or whatever. Sadly it has nothing to do with contests. But I'm sure people would love to see Dawn come back.

All we can do is pray and hope. Though in all honesty, if you asked me if they were really going to send her off the series like that, especially if some half-assed cameo if she isn't ever going to come back? Come on... Other than that, maybe it's a sign of hope that she'll come back again, which is why Satoshi wasn't that worried if she left. In fact, Satoshi never even expected to see her in Isshu compared to Haruka in Sinnoh, where she was expected. Other than that, if Satoshi were to be coupled with someone, it'd better be damn well be Hikari, there couldn't be a better pair than SatoHika. And she was even the co-star of the show alongside Satoshi. I'd love to seem them again together.

Well I think you're reading too much into that. Whether or not that's her final appearance we have no idea, but it doesn't make sense that they'd say let's screw this cameo over because we know she'll appear again later. And I enjoyed her cameo really, but I guess I'm in the minority. Also, let's ease up on the she and Ash have to be together, we're here to share opinions after all.

karczx

I decided to rewatch some old anime I have in my backlog, so I rediscovered this ending of To Aru Kagaku no Railgun. This song and its English variant remind me of Pearlshipping (especially the repeated instances of 'Daijoubu!'), obviously it has no relation to the Pokemon anime.

Dear my Friend by ELISA (Japanese)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2KyCcxw4s8

Yeah I always leaned on the fact that in DP 191 Dawn was gonna go to Kanto with Ash until the Pokestylist ppl called. On both times she left Ash he never said Sayonara meaning good bye(in most cases more permanently) he said Ja Mata(see you later) Also the fact she came to Unova on a whim upon learning Cynthia was going there so she went to Unova stopped by Nimbasa and left Cynthia to run into Ash lol. Misty and May were both already heading to Hoenn or Sinnoh and contacted Ash to meet up. I am still holding out hope she will return past the BW2 cameo.

I hope so, otherwise, they just left a huge plot hole. So I'm holding out that she might be a recurring character every season, provided if her character isn't well made out of shape by the writers.

That's the ribbons for the Pokemon, they're present in the games already. For instance, the Pokemon that Nintendo distributes in events (Mewtwo, Meloetta, Genesect) every so often usually come with a ribbon, the gift ribbon or whatever. Sadly it has nothing to do with contests. But I'm sure people would love to see Dawn come back.

Well I think you're reading too much into that. Whether or not that's her final appearance we have no idea, but it doesn't make sense that they'd say let's screw this cameo over because we know she'll appear again later. And I enjoyed her cameo really, but I guess I'm in the minority. Also, let's ease up on the she and Ash have to be together, we're here to share opinions after all.

Raining on someone's parade isn't a nice thing to do. Even if the person does have some outlandish opinions on the matter. I don't see where this is going other than attempting to spark a flame war which should hopefully be averted.

Last edited:

lokoduro

Shinji Time!
Well,I am back for a post at least lol.(not that anynody knows me now,probably xD)

It is interesting how the shipping keeps on blossoming new members,ideas and so on.Think about it.It was 2010 that DP ended and we are on 2013 :0
From that moment(191),more than 100 pages of good thoughts,discussions,analysis came!That is an achievement,after all.(Also the fact about the near 1kk views).
Just wanted to say that it was great that I was part of this community/family ^^

About that huge plot hole you were talking: I think the PokeStylist was just one excuse like many orhers they could have come up with.Although,the interesting part is that she at least wanted to go to Kanto pre-inevitable-forced-excuse.Don't like much to do comparisons which involves other shippings,but it is interesting how it relates a bit with Kasumi/Misty case:something came up-> change of plans -> departure.Well,it all happened all the sudden even with both of the PokeGirls wanted to stay on Satoshi's side,and I really can't deny at this point that Kasumi liked Satoshi,that much was really clear.So maybe we could infer that Hikari had a crush on Sato--*shot down by excessive excitement*
End of comparisons,hate to bring it,but above it is.

Well,I really don't know what to conclude of XY ribbons.If there are contests,chances of she coming back are good.If those are not Contest's...hate to ruin the party but due to probability and past girls's events,she isn't probably coming back.At least not until she has a reason to,like Contest or like the obligatory past girl cameo,that already passed.

/end of realistic views by me/

---
Lastly,my job calls~

@karczx: Don't worry about gohan5,I know him and he didn't mean to mess with the "parade".I guess he shares a bit of my realism,and don't resitate much on writing it down.But I assure you it wasn't really his intention.
Even so,
@gohan5:The fact that we are in a pearlshipping thread doesn't mean we can dictate and rule over all,that is correct.But really...if we were to ease on the desire of them being together,why would we be posting in a shipping thread?Yeah,I get why you said that,but in a certain way...the other didn't bring any other shipping up or offended any somehow,so I fail to see a problem as long as we are discussing pearlshipping.It was just an opinion afterall.

EDIT: Keep up the good work,guys! ^^

Last edited:

gohan5

Irisboy
Raining on someone's parade isn't a nice thing to do. Even if the person does have some outlandish opinions on the matter. I don't see where this is going other than attempting to spark a flame war which should hopefully be averted.

Yes, as said it's not a matter of raining on someone's opinion, but rather my opinion differs that's all. I even said how she would be welcomed back to the anime. But beside the point, trying not to get people all into the Dawn coming back hype that derailed the thread quite a while ago.

@gohan5:The fact that we are in a pearlshipping thread doesn't mean we can dictate and rule over all,that is correct.But really...if we were to ease on the desire of them being together,why would we be posting in a shipping thread?Yeah,I get why you said that,but in a certain way...the other didn't bring any other shipping up or offended any somehow,so I fail to see a problem as long as we are discussing pearlshipping.It was just an opinion afterall.

I'm not saying don't say you want them together, that's why we're here lol, but some people could be...nicer in their approach as the case may be. We still have to retain a certain sense of decency. If you see what I mean then there's nothing left for you to say.

Since all this speculation of Dawn's cameo and how she could return...
What reason or scenario would you have for Dawn coming back to the show?

Last edited:

Hikatoshi26

I see Dawn coming back In Kanto to either meet up with or pick up her Ambipom. Also, the Pokestylist plot hole is there and unresolved. She didn't travel to kanto due to it and when she went against her mother's rival she went "Overseas" to study fashion while Ayako did contest. What's not to say Dawn goes Overseas to the region based off of France (Capital of fashion) to improve on Fashion. So I can see a way Dawn can get a cameo like Misty did in the beginning of BF or a return to the main cast.

SmellYaLater

Hopefully for contests in that new Kalos region if there is going to be contests there which hopefully there will be! :p
I reckon though however she might be in Kanto when Ash and co arrived cause she appears in the Japanese ending for the Decolora Islands adventure so it could be a clue maybe. Competing in the Wallace Cup doesn't take that long.

karczx

Contests in Kanto, especially with the Kanto Grand Festival and the upcoming Wallace Cup in Kanto. Maybe she'll surprise him in Kanto or something.

I doubt Kalos would have contests, but it remains to be seen if would be seen as recently introduced to Kalos from Hoenn/Sinnoh.

Flame_22

Well like some ppl say, and what I think too, contests in Kanto! Or one day when ash goes into a losing streak, dawn could go back to ash's side and give ash some of her cute cheerleading.

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Well other then the whole contest thing, that's pretty common, she could just come to visit like she wanted to at the end of DP, but could due to Buneary being a star for winning the dressing contest thing back in Hearthome city.

Encyclopika

The Queen
Hey guys! Don't want to interrupt too much, but I've noticed your ship (Pearl) has the most votes on the Big Shipping Survey, located here. Unfortunately, many of you that voted haven't answered the questions. I'm afraid that if you don't answer at least one, I can't count your vote - this is for statistical reasons. Without your answers to those questions, the poll's outcome means very little.

So please, if you have voted, please take a minute to answer at least one of the questions. It will help us deduce what it is about Pearlshipping that grants it such longevity. :) The poll closes in a week. Thanks!

karczx

Guys, if you voted on the poll, please show some courtesy and answer the questions. It'd be really helpful if you guys helped out answering the questions in the poll. Thanks for your time. They're not going to count our answers if we don't answer the questions, you know.... If you guys haven't answered but voted on the poll...

Last edited:

Hikatoshi26

Yeah do your best to answer the question its a fun survey to do just asking what we already talk about here anyway.

idawnhikari

No Need to Worry!
There are only 4 questions, really simple to answer. I'm really glad they made this poll and even more so that pearl shipping is in first place! WOOT!! xD

Adelaide1994

The Theorizer
Well I answered them :)

I do want to ask the new faces a question, but I want you guys to elaborate your reasons.

What is your definition of the PearlShipping Spirit that has been talked about by some of the members in the past?

ccangelopearl1362

(blinking once or thrice, then chuckling and clearing throat) To think that after that special overarching scenario of mine, I would come across this resurgence. I can recall my own reasons for allying with you all these years, and if anything, my perception of the romantic partnership between these two kids may very well have reached a conclusive point. I’m recalling an attempt on my part to formulate an English version of “High Touch” about two months ago, and judging from that aforementioned scenario – which, for all intents and purposes, ended this franchise in Unova – I’d say that the harmony that Ash and Dawn share will safely remain in my memory. If I may ponder Adelaide1994’s question, then the following reflections could work quite well.:

What is your definition of the “Pearlshipping spirit” that has been talked about by some members in the past?

I would start here with a focus on Ash and Dawn’s most positive trait(s), strength through innocence and recognition. They are and have been capable of sensing each other’s thoughts and reacting to cheer each other up, whether either of them just won a particularly important battle or both of them have some deeper thoughts in mind. They see as expressions of their powerful friendship what others might see as activities more inclined toward romance. I envisioned these two trainers as people likely to join forces to actively take down any ruthless threats to Sinnoh after what I saw of them against Team Galactic and J on separate occasions. I would therefore define the “Pearlshipping spirit” as a special instinct celebrating this intuitive approach between Ash and Dawn, sharing confidence between their best attributes rather than any uncertainty about efforts to outdo each other, in a manner of speaking. Whether it’s Dawn leading a specialized cheer for Ash, Ash training with Dawn before any Pokémon Contests, or both of them enjoying each other’s company, they can think ahead of others around them, strengthening their bond along the way, ensuring a brighter future that either of them could imagine alone.

brawlbankai

Experiened Trainer
Well I answered them :)

I'm not sure how the surveys going to turn out, 80 votes but only 43 posts, including the op

What is your definition of the PearlShipping Spirit that has been talked about by some of the members in the past?

This is a rather difficult question considering I know hardly anything about the members of the past, but I'll try none-the-less
The pearlshipping spirit, in my opinion, is the culmination of the bond the community holds with each other despite their disagreement regarding the aspects of the ship itself

karczx

For those of you who just simply have ONE post for the voting thread, why not participate here in this thread and talk and discuss about how much you love Pearlshipping? We'd love to see some new faces around. And maybe you don't have to answer the questions but at least discuss them.

What is your definition of the “Pearlshipping spirit” that has been talked about by some members in the past?

I would start here with a focus on Ash and Dawn’s most positive trait(s), strength through innocence and recognition. They are and have been capable of sensing each other’s thoughts and reacting to cheer each other up, whether either of them just won a particularly important battle or both of them have some deeper thoughts in mind. They see as expressions of their powerful friendship what others might see as activities more inclined toward romance. I envisioned these two trainers as people likely to join forces to actively take down any ruthless threats to Sinnoh after what I saw of them against Team Galactic and J on separate occasions. I would therefore define the “Pearlshipping spirit” as a special instinct celebrating this intuitive approach between Ash and Dawn, sharing confidence between their best attributes rather than any uncertainty about efforts to outdo each other, in a manner of speaking. Whether it’s Dawn leading a specialized cheer for Ash, Ash training with Dawn before any Pokémon Contests, or both of them enjoying each other’s company, they can think ahead of others around them, strengthening their bond along the way, ensuring a brighter future that either of them could imagine alone.

This is a rather difficult question considering I know hardly anything about the members of the past, but I'll try none-the-less
The pearlshipping spirit, in my opinion, is the culmination of the bond the community holds with each other despite their disagreement regarding the aspects of the ship itself

On the other hand, I seem to view the Pearlshipping Spirit as something long lasting, enduring and with plenty of zeal. Even if we don't see Dawn again, Pearlshipping will always be there and the hope that Dawn would someday reappear again. I mean, even if their relationship isn't as lovey-dovey as it seems, they definitely have a stronger bond with each other than anyone else. They seem so alike and overtly familiar with each other to the point that they are inseparable even if they are physically separated. Which also brings me to this. It's an overt ship yet at the same time, there are so many tiny little nuances and various implications in the ship that come together like pieces of a puzzle.

And here are two other questions:

What are some Pearlshipping headcanons that you can think of?

Throughout Ash's travels in Unova, Ash has been consistently in touch with Dawn, he knows what she's up to, she knows what he's up to, but he certainly didn't know that she was going to Unova of all places just to see him!

Compared to when DP was still on the air, how do you still feel about Pearlshipping today?

Throughout DP, I always had an air of uncertainty towards the ship because it might be derailed by another rival ship. But at the end, and even in BW, I felt even more strongly convinced in Pearlshipping. It had something that other main ships didn't have, but I couldn't really pinpoint it to one specific thing. It's wholly unique.

ashiemore

Ohai everyone. Sorry I haven't been on in a while, but I'll try to be more regular.

After Ash finshes whatever he wants to do in Unova, he goes back to Pallet town. Dawn is traveling through kanto for the contests when she meets up with Ash for a pallet town contest or something. Then Ash travels to the new region he's going to next time, and dawn tries to sneak along beside him and "travel" with him without him noticing. Someday whenever Ash's friends are all off doing their own thing, she springs up on him and tells him she wants to travel with him again. Then they go through this whole new region and do the normal region routine with moar Pearlshipping hints.

~ashiemore

Status
Not open for further replies.