• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkIceBubbles

Welcome to the thread~~~

It'd be nice if we all worked together on working on compiling Pearlshipping hints from episodes/movies. I'd split it into several hint groups:

They would be like this
Episode Hints (or Movie Hints)

Episode #xxx (or Movie)
Pearlshipping rating from 0-5
Satoshi Hints (if any)
Hikari Hints (if any)
Interesting quotes (if any; might be arranged in order of Satoshi or Hikari hints)

Any potential hints would be listed as confirmed or subjective. Confirmed meaning that it is NPOV while Subjective is POV.

The way how Bulbapedia arranges it is too confusing and its separates episodes by episodes, having to cycle back and forth.

Also possible:

Hypothetical implications
Similarities concerning the ship
Hints outside of the show
Notable Pearlshippers (divided into Confirmed and Subjective; A confirmed example would be Lyra/Kotone; who is an overt, canon Pearlshipper; while a subjective example would be more disputed and not generally considered canon)

A satoshi hint for hikari is when maybe in rise of darkiad when ash was graving to dawn hand and try to save her .
A dawn hint to ash is........ Well it hard to choose one but maybe when dawn ask ash what pokemon to use for her contest.

Question:
What are your list of favorite songs to listen to when imagining about Pearlshipping? (Anime openings/endings or anything similar to that are definitely options![/url]

My number one is high touch then sihnno lead victor theme song and fanilly it not a theme song from pokemon but it call my life will suck without you

DarkIceBubbles

The part when it start " a Satoshi hint.. "And fishing to" use for her contest" that was not be in the quote but it ended up like that but it was from me

DarkIceBubbles

Ohai everyone. Sorry I haven't been on in a while, but I'll try to be more regular.

What reason or scenario would you have for Dawn coming back to the show?
After Ash finshes whatever he wants to do in Unova, he goes back to Pallet town. Dawn is traveling through kanto for the contests when she meets up with Ash for a pallet town contest or something. Then Ash travels to the new region he's going to next time, and dawn tries to sneak along beside him and "travel" with him without him noticing. Someday whenever Ash's friends are all off doing their own thing, she springs up on him and tells him she wants to travel with him again. Then they go through this whole new region and do the normal region routine with moar Pearlshipping hints.

~ashiemore

That really funny it made me laugh for some reason

My answer will be that after ash is done with unova, then he gose to a new region and he while walks around with pikachu in the new region he in, then dawn fall from a tree and land ontop of ash. Ash might say " Owwww. Dawn? Why did fall from a tree?" dawn will a explain and tell him that she travels alone and ash will ask her to travel with him again. She say sure and done the end ^_^

Hikatoshi26

Ohai everyone. Sorry I haven't been on in a while, but I'll try to be more regular.

What reason or scenario would you have for Dawn coming back to the show?
After Ash finshes whatever he wants to do in Unova, he goes back to Pallet town. Dawn is traveling through kanto for the contests when she meets up with Ash for a pallet town contest or something. Then Ash travels to the new region he's going to next time, and dawn tries to sneak along beside him and "travel" with him without him noticing. Someday whenever Ash's friends are all off doing their own thing, she springs up on him and tells him she wants to travel with him again. Then they go through this whole new region and do the normal region routine with moar Pearlshipping hints.

~ashiemore

I love this reason I sounds plausiable and even if it doest happen it makes me smile.

To answer th question of what I think the spirit of pearlshipping is I believe it is the closeness to each other I rewatch DP often in japanese due to sinnoh being my favorite and I always notice something new. I love how they value not only their friendship but each other even after DP. If you look at the lyrics to the 1st best wishes opening and the ending songs to the 14th and 15th movies you can say he is singin to dawn. Especially the movies. All the other relationships are close but too me it doesn't seem as close and I love that.

karczx

I love this reason I sounds plausiable and even if it doest happen it makes me smile.

To answer th question of what I think the spirit of pearlshipping is I believe it is the closeness to each other I rewatch DP often in japanese due to sinnoh being my favorite and I always notice something new. I love how they value not only their friendship but each other even after DP. If you look at the lyrics to the 1st best wishes opening and the ending songs to the 14th and 15th movies you can say he is singin to dawn. Especially the movies. All the other relationships are close but too me it doesn't seem as close and I love that.

So far, Kanto is the only region Dawn hasn't visited (compared to the other girls), much less Pallet Town. I might not be surprised when Dawn would show up at Ash's house surprising him when he arrives (as she might be in his house already after the Wallace cup was over). And if it does lead to that, then it could be implied that she knows exactly where he lives. Even though theoretically, cameo appearances by girls are usually once, but sometimes I feel that that her cameo appearance at the start of BW 2 won't be the last we'll be seeing her.

As for the movies, so far the only movies that are relevant towards Pearlshipping are usually the DP movies. To suggest the BW movie themes would be stretching it a little bit too far. What'd make you convince that it was Ash singing them and not Dawn?

Last edited:

Hikatoshi26

So far, Kanto is the only region Dawn hasn't visited (compared to the other girls), much less Pallet Town. I might not be surprised when Dawn would show up at Ash's house surprising him when he arrives (as she might be in his house already after the Wallace cup was over). And if it does lead to that, then it could be implied that she knows exactly where he lives. Even though theoretically, cameo appearances by girls are usually once, but sometimes I feel that that her cameo appearance at the start of BW 2 won't be the last we'll be seeing her.

As for the movies, so far the only movies that are relevant towards Pearlshipping are usually the DP movies. To suggest the BW movie themes would be stretching it a little bit too far. What'd make you convince that it was Ash singing them and not Dawn?

This was all my opinion on the bw movie songs. The best wishes opening 1 is sung by satoshi because rica matsumoto sings it and she is satoshis voice actor so whenever she sings its satoshis prespective. The ending movies the lyrics just suggest again to me that either of them can be singing to each other especially movie 15 ending song it sounds like dawn singing to ash and movie 15 came out during her cameo. This is just what I thought I could be on track or completely off base but that's how I deceipered it :)

MedievalMovies

Absolute Power
Hello guys, I have two questions. First, may I join? And second, I remember some manga called Pocket Monsters Diamond and Pearl, the one about Satoshi and Hikari's adventures through Sinnoh. Did anyone ever get to translate that manga? Because I really want to read it.

Hikatoshi26

Hello guys, I have two questions. First, may I join? And second, I remember some manga called Pocket Monsters Diamond and Pearl, the one about Satoshi and Hikari's adventures through Sinnoh. Did anyone ever get to translate that manga? Because I really want to read it.

Yeah all are welcomed so Welcome! Their is a translated DP manga check sites like Mangareader.net or MangaFox and you should be able to find it.

unicorn burrito

Hello everyone, sorry for bein' inactive. Anything new?

idawnhikari

No Need to Worry!
Only time will tell it just shows their are people in Japan hoping for her return just like us :)

Really is that true? I hope so.....i've always been told that it was Misty that was loved more than any poke-girl in Japan. I sure hope i'm wrong
and it would be awesome if Dawn did come back in the Kalos region.

Hikatoshi26

Really is that true? I hope so.....i've always been told that it was Misty that was loved more than any poke-girl in Japan. I sure hope i'm wrong

I believe each girl has their fans but throughout my journeys on Japanese pkmn sites it alwasy seems to ME Hikari was more popular plus as hard her and DP was promoted during its run has to stand for something. There was a japanese site the was a vote panel of Favorite Pokegirl and Hikari was 1 with Haruka 2. I'll try to find it again.

karczx

I believe each girl has their fans but throughout my journeys on Japanese pkmn sites it alwasy seems to ME Hikari was more popular plus as hard her and DP was promoted during its run has to stand for something. There was a japanese site the was a vote panel of Favorite Pokegirl and Hikari was 1 with Haruka 2. I'll try to find it again.
You mean this?
http://anime.biglobe.ne.jp/userranking/chara/41082/

Most Japanese girls don't identify with Misty and Iris, they identify with Dawn because she represents the ideal Japanese girl (Mainly a girly girl version of OS Ash). A lot of Japanese guys like Dawn as well because she's their ideal girl companion. But most of them prefer May. Therefore, Pearlshipping is mainly popular amongst girls (and male fans of Dawn) in Japan. Which is why the removal of Dawn from the series caused a backlash amongst fans because Dawn and her Piplup are almost as iconic as Ash and his Pikachu.

Despite what people hear, a lot of Japanese dislike tsunderes and many are getting fed up with tsunderes so they prefer less 'masculine' girls. There was a huge uproar when an anime studio decided to adopt a manga series and ended up turning a Type B tsundere into a Type A tsundere.

Last edited:

idawnhikari

No Need to Worry!

Ok that's good to know, thanks i would love to see it if you can find it. It also seems that way to me too when
I look for Dawn images on google and livejounals. She appears to have the most images out of every pokegirl i've seen.

idawnhikari

No Need to Worry!
You mean this?
http://anime.biglobe.ne.jp/userranking/chara/41082/

Most Japanese girls don't identify with Misty and Iris, they identify with Dawn because she represents the ideal Japanese girl (Mainly a girly girl version of OS Ash). A lot of Japanese guys like Dawn as well because she's their ideal girl companion. But most of them prefer May. Therefore, Pearlshipping is mainly popular amongst girls (and male fans of Dawn) in Japan. Which is why the removal of Dawn from the series caused a backlash amongst fans because Dawn and her Piplup are almost as iconic as Ash and his Pikachu.

Despite what people hear, a lot of Japanese dislike tsunderes and many are getting fed up with tsunderes so they prefer less 'masculine' girls. There was a huge uproar when an anime studio decided to adopt a manga series and ended up turning a Type B tsundere into a Type A tsundere.

Ok i just saw the poll and it looks like you're right. Also I understand why she's popular now with that explanation and definitely glad to hear it. I mean it makes sense that she is
more preferred than the other girls. Best character development, best character design and best personality imo. The only one that seems to be close to her is May/Haruka, and she used to
be my all time favorite character. Btw I completely understand the tsunadere thing in Japan, I can't stand those types as well.

karczx

Ok that's good to know, thanks i would love to see it if you can find it. It also seems that way to me too when
I look for Dawn images on google and livejounals. She appears to have the most images out of every pokegirl i've seen.

She has a lot of images on Pixiv. Though roughly comparable to May.

Ok i just saw the poll and it looks like you're right. Also I understand why she's popular now with that explanation and definitely glad to hear it. I mean it makes sense that she is
more preferred than the other girls. Best character development, best character design and best personality imo. The only one that seems to be close to her is May/Haruka, and she used to
be my all time favorite character. Btw I completely understand the tsunadere thing in Japan, I can't stand those types as well.

Another thing I've seemed to notice is that Pearlshippers in Japan tend to write fanfiction more often than draw fanart.

idawnhikari

No Need to Worry!
She has a lot of images on Pixiv. Though roughly comparable to May.
Another thing I've seemed to notice is that Pearlshippers in Japan tend to write fanfiction more often than draw fanart.

Yeah I've been on Pixiv, thanks to that site alone I have over 200 Dawn screencaps. As for Pearlshippers in Japan writing the fanficton
more than fanart, maybe it's because with writing you can enjoy an elaborate fan-made story than just looking at a cute picture of your favorite
shipping. Makes sense to me at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.