• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Still can't think of a question so I'll just answer the current one

If Ash and Dawn were to get counterpart pokemon (i.e. Nidoking and Nidoqueen, Tauros and Miltank, Volbeat and Illumise, etc.) what would they be and why would they be best suited for them?

I'm too lazy to check back to see if this was mentioned before or not... but I think Gyarados and Milotic would be a great combination of what suits Ash's and Dawn's preferred battle styles. Sure these two aren't often looked to a counterparts, but I think a majority accept they there are or should be.

Shadow1275

Honestly, I wouldn't call this thread dead. Especially considering that even though Diamond and Pearl ended a couple years ago ppl r still posting. I wouldn't be surprised if Dawn did make a cameo in X and Y even though its not likely.

If Ash and Dawn were to get counterpart pokemon (i.e. Nidoking and Nidoqueen, Tauros and Miltank, Volbeat and Illumise, etc.) what would they be and why would they be best suited for them?

Technically they aren't real counterpart pokemon, but they might as well be. How can you go wrong with Pikachu and Piplup? Pikachu tends to reflect Ash's mood just like Piplup reflects Dawn's. Case in point, during the Best Wishes episode when Dawn came back; just look at Piplup's expression when Dawn decides to troll Ash by tapping his shoulder. [Priceless]

Even when Ash and Brock left, though Dawn seemed okay at first and Piplup was the one crying, when Brock and Ash got on the boat Dawn started to cry.

Not to mention Pikachu and Piplup get along just like Ash and Dawn. For example combining attacks to take down team rocket and cheering eachother on during competitions and battles.

Last edited:

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Honestly, I wouldn't call this thread dead. Especially considering that even though Diamond and Pearl ended a couple years ago ppl r still posting. I wouldn't be surprised if Dawn did make a cameo in X and Y even though its not likely.

I actually think that every companion will make a cameo in X/Y but it's a long a shot.

I have one for you guys.

What is the trait that Ash and Dawn share the most?

Shadow1275

I actually think that every companion will make a cameo in X/Y but it's a long a shot.

I have one for you guys.

Better question: What trait do Ash and Dawn not share?:cool:

mew151

Thunder Trainer

Love.

No, not in the area of romance if that's what you're wondering. It's in the area of how much they care for each other. We see both love their Pokemon when it comes to his/her/its decision of what they wish to do (one example is the decision of evolution for Bulbasaur and Piplup respectively) and their interactions with other people can be from typical to good. But I enjoy seeing how much they care for each other that they give their support to one another, resulting in them communicating openly. One aspect from Ash I enjoyed seeing from him from the episode with Plusle and Minum is how much confidence he carries from his suggestion for Dawn to continue fighting against her fears so she can put that past her without worrying anymore. For Dawn, come on. For those who has seen the DP saga, you know how much support she gave to Ash. There's more out there that can be described, but these are my main speculations for the 2 and therefore love, to my belief, is their best trait they share.

What trait do Ash and Dawn differ?

Hope you don't mind I tinker with this question, Shadow. Anyway....

Mannerism.

Dawn loves to get into bright fancy clothing and hairstyles, coming from the many styles shown from the Rise of Darkrai ending. The series at least gave Dawn different hairstyles in some Pokemon Contests, so I'm not that bugged by her not going in different clothes. Ash is more casual, not concerned about his hair as he concludes, the hat is good enough. Plus, this is pretty identifiable when Ash participated in the Wallace Cup tournament with his dress up. What's missing is a whip. Or did he have one? I forget. Anyway, in conclusion, mannerism is one of the traits the 2 differ in.

Last edited:

Shadow1275

Love.

No, not in the area of romance if that's what you're wondering. It's in the area of how much they care for each other. We see both love their Pokemon when it comes to his/her/its decision of what they wish to do (one example is the decision of evolution for Bulbasaur and Piplup respectively) and their interactions with other people can be from typical to good. But I enjoy seeing how much they care for each other that they give their support to one another, resulting in them communicating openly. One aspect from Ash I enjoyed seeing from him from the episode with Plusle and Minum is how much confidence he carries from his suggestion for Dawn to continue fighting against her fears so she can put that past her without worrying anymore. For Dawn, come on. For those who has seen the DP saga, you know how much support she gave to Ash. There's more out there that can be described, but these are my main speculations for the 2 and therefore love, to my belief, is their best trait they share.

Hope you don't mind I tinker with this question, Shadow. Anyway....

Stealing my question why I oughtta:p

Mannerism.

Dawn loves to get into bright fancy clothing and hairstyles, coming from the many styles shown from the Rise of Darkrai ending. The series at least gave Dawn different hairstyles in some Pokemon Contests, so I'm not that bugged by her not going in different clothes. Ash is more casual, not concerned about his hair as he concludes, the hat is good enough. Plus, this is pretty identifiable when Ash participated in the Wallace Cup tournament with his dress up. What's missing is a whip. Or did he have one? I forget. Anyway, in conclusion, mannerism is one of the traits the 2 differ in.

The biggest thing is confidence. At the beginning, Dawn struggles a lot with her self-confidence and whether or not she is good enough to be a pokemon coordinator. Of course she does end up believing in herself towards the end with the help of mainly Ash, but its such a problem that she actually released her Pachirisu bc she thought she couldn't control it.

Ash on the other hand, though he gets his a** handed to him on a silver platter many times by Paul, never loses hope that his method of being closer to his pokemon will fail.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Stealing my question why I oughtta:p

The biggest thing is confidence. At the beginning, Dawn struggles a lot with her self-confidence and whether or not she is good enough to be a pokemon coordinator. Of course she does end up believing in herself towards the end with the help of mainly Ash, but its such a problem that she actually released her Pachirisu bc she thought she couldn't control it.

Ash on the other hand, though he gets his a** handed to him on a silver platter many times by Paul, never loses hope that his method of being closer to his pokemon will fail.

I actually think Dawn jorney is very similar to Ash Kanto jorney.
He had moment where he was about to quit (LtSurge/Blaine) and he started as confident ( or more ) than Dawn.

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
I actually think Dawn jorney is very similar to Ash Kanto jorney.
He had moment where he was about to quit (LtSurge/Blaine) and he started as confident ( or more ) than Dawn.

yeah, I totally agree with this. and of corse there is also the time where he literally quit in his first gym battle against Brock. So yeah he didn't really have much confidence in the beginning of his journey either. Ash and Dawn have so much in common, geez.

Shadow1275

Hm, good question. Maybe Misty and Kenny. You know so both of them can get those guys off their backs.

Lol, yeah Kenny especially could never really take a hint. But C'mon Ash, you've beaten gym leaders, elite 4 members, and won the respect of legendary pokemon, and you can't beat a Coordinator in a pokemon battle?
:confused:

If Ash and Dawn were to play matchmaker with a couple, what would that couple be ?

I'm leaning more Lyra/Khoury. Dane is probably looking for some revenge for when Lyra teased her about Ash.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Lol, yeah Kenny especially could never really take a hint. But C'mon Ash, you've beaten gym leaders, elite 4 members, and won the respect of legendary pokemon, and you can't beat a Coordinator in a pokemon battle?
:confused:

If Ash and Dawn were to play matchmaker with a couple, what would that couple be ?

I'm leaning more Lyra/Khoury. Dane is probably looking for some revenge for when Lyra teased her about Ash.

Well it was Ash second worse pokemon vs Kenny Ace so he kinda had an handicap ^^' aldo i sometimes wonder what it would happen if Ash had won ( Like Dawn over-celebrating lol ), but the fact that she cheered for him in that battle is one of the biggest pearlshipping hints in the anime.

Didn't Lyra became " special friend of Khoury when they left ? ^^

My guess for this is kinda of a tie ^^ either CilanXIris or just to help Brock get someone :b

Shadow1275

Well it was Ash second worse pokemon vs Kenny Ace so he kinda had an handicap ^^' aldo i sometimes wonder what it would happen if Ash had won ( Like Dawn over-celebrating lol ), but the fact that she cheered for him in that battle is one of the biggest pearlshipping hints in the anime.

Didn't Lyra became " special friend of Khoury when they left ? ^^

My guess for this is kinda of a tie ^^ either CilanXIris or just to help Brock get someone :b

Of course she did call Kenny handsome afterwards, but as far as I'm concerned that was just her being nice. Considering Dawn left with Ash, we all know who she really cares about.:cool:

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
Of course she did call Kenny handsome afterwards, but as far as I'm concerned that was just her being nice. Considering Dawn left with Ash, we all know who she really cares about.:cool:

Yes, yes we do. Ash! Now I have a topic What song do you think best fits Ash and Dawn's relationship?
I'd say Best Friends by toybox. Or even better high touch (it was the whole point of that song afterall)

Vintrial

Whouffle.
I think even Kenny understood he could put himself between Ash and Dawn ( like Lyra understood ) ^^

What song do you think best fits Ash and Dawn's relationship?

Well High Touch is a must but if i can't choose that one i would go for Black Eyes by Radical Face.

Status
Not open for further replies.