• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
I'm kinda of waiting that Brock will have a cameo, if they made so that every companion had one, it would awesome, plus we could see with wich ones Ash true shared a better connection, which i think we all know the answer :b
How would you guys like a new outfit for Dawn ?

Ikr. I felt so bad for Brock cause all he got was a one episode cameo with Clian and not his best pal Ash. Personally I would really both Dawn and Brock to come back. Brock for the reason mentioned earlier. And Dawn because she never got an updated outfiit when she definitely shoud've had one.

If Ash and Dawn were to have kids, what would they look like?
Maybe they have twins? And one looks like Ash ands the other Dawn.

In what episode did you started shipping Dawn X Ash ?

I wanna say the first episode they met but I didn't really get into it until Dawn stared her cheerleading thing.

DarkIceBubbles

In what episode did you started shipping Dawn X Ash ?

Probably when ep 4 I think when dawn first contest and ash was shock to see her in a dress. I love it by I dint know wat it was call so I always call it dash (which is ash and dawn combined)

Probably one girl that have dawn eyes but ash hair, she will like gym battles but sometimes join in contests. And probably her partner might be electric or water or even grass.

Last edited:

mew151

Thunder Trainer
In what episode did you started shipping Dawn X Ash?

Episode 0. Yeah, I took a gamble way before DP started. I liked what I see from the previews and news surrounding it and I like what Dawn would bring to the show. I was a moderate Pearlshipper back then. Once the series started, my excitement for this coupling slowly raises each episode and I couldn't stop liking it since. The highlight IMO was the 1st Pokemon Contest when Ash and Dawn high-fived. Really enjoyed that that gesture tells us their bond.

What else?

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
Probably when ep 4 I think when dawn first contest and ash was shock to see her in a dress. I love it by I dint know wat it was call so I always call it dash (which is ash and dawn combined)

Probably one girl that have dawn eyes but ash hair, she will like gym battles but sometimes join in contests. And probably her partner might be electric or water or even grass.

Lol, just realized that, I always name my character in the games Dash since last generation. I really liked that episode too. Also I like the part when Dawn loses and Ash gets all upset and covers his eyes with his hat, because its how you can tell he's really sad.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Lol, just realized that, I always name my character in the games Dash since last generation. I really liked that episode too. Also I like the part when Dawn loses and Ash gets all upset and covers his eyes with his hat, because its how you can tell he's really sad.

The same things happens to Dawn when Ash loses vs Paul.
But in both situation... the eternal enemy of Pearlshipping strikes .... TWICE

See this and you will understand - > http://pokegirl303.deviantart.com/art/Yeah-Brock-353763692

I like you brock but... WTH

Shadow1275

See this and you will understand - > http://pokegirl303.deviantart.com/art/Yeah-Brock-353763692

Lol, Brock's just jealous he can't get Officer Jenny to wear a cheerleader outfit for him. Still, as much of a relationship killer Brock is, He's got nothing on the king of the Relationship killers: Ash Ketchum

Last edited:

XY Rules

Pokemon Master

Just saw it and you were right. Now I understand. I can't believe it. Brock and Ash are supposed to be like best friends. Why is he trying to ruin Ash's lovelife? Man, one of my favorite charcters trying to destroy the relationship between my other two favorite characters.

mew151

Thunder Trainer
I like one of the responses from that link Vintrial shared, "... unlike Ash who's already got the pefect girl." or something like that. Brock wasn't necessary to return with Ash in DP. Would have liked him solo around as episodes focused on him are pretty good. I still don't understand that BW special. He... didn't provided much outside of the usual we've known him to do.

The duo is great, but the trio sucked. Well, my least favorite of the traveling group.

DarkIceBubbles

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Would Ash and Dawn bond in those moments, that Brock interrupted, even closer despite both sides denseness ?

I like one of the responses from that link Vintrial shared, "... unlike Ash who's already got the pefect girl." or something like that. Brock wasn't necessary to return with Ash in DP. Would have liked him solo around as episodes focused on him are pretty good. I still don't understand that BW special. He... didn't provided much outside of the usual we've known him to do.

The duo is great, but the trio sucked. Well, my least favorite of the traveling group.

If they were to have two persons alone and the relationship not comitting in the end would be kinda of bad ):
But if they had both of them travelling with someone else that wouldn't do that it would be great(like Gary Oak), aldo anyone who was a companion of those two would have eclipsed, we see that better in the movies, were Dawn has a really big rola in all of them, so big has Ash role sometimes, and Brock, well helped.
But he was still a douche when stopped then for going the extra step or helping Kenny express to Dawn >=(

Last edited:

mew151

Thunder Trainer
Would Ash and Dawn bond even closer in the moments that Brock interrupted, despite both sides denseness?

Hope you don't mind me fixing it. Works either way, but I think this one has better grammar.

My answer? OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!! Without that interruption, Ash would have provided necessary solutions in his own way. Raise his character more. When you see some of his assistance towards Dawn like that Plusle and Minun episode(s), it shows he is more capable to solve these dilemmas himself. Not completely, but always got to have him try. Don't make him battle-centric, period. We (well, I at least) want to see him evolve more as a character, and Dawn as a character of course (why would I ignore that?).

I still think they could work with a duo traveling. I mean, the trio here I saw didn't really work as much as there's not much back and forth interactions from the 3 compared to previous and the next traveling groups.

XY Rules

Pokemon Master
Would Ash and Dawn bond even closer in the moments that Brock interrupted, despite both sides denseness?

Hope you don't mind me fixing it. Works either way, but I think this one has better grammar.

My answer? OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!! Without that interruption, Ash would have provided necessary solutions in his own way. Raise his character more. When you see some of his assistance towards Dawn like that Plusle and Minun episode(s), it shows he is more capable to solve these dilemmas himself. Not completely, but always got to have him try. Don't make him battle-centric, period. We (well, I at least) want to see him evolve more as a character, and Dawn as a character of course (why would I ignore that?).

I still think they could work with a duo traveling. I mean, the trio here I saw didn't really work as much as there's not much back and forth interactions from the 3 compared to previous and the next traveling groups.

Really? I thought they did. But maybe tha'ts just me. Or maybe I am biased because everything in Sinnoh was my favorite.

Shadow1275

Hard to say, I don't really think that they could get any closer considering they were both ten. Some ppl say that they could have crushed on each other but crushes aren't always mutual or even real affection. I think that Ash and Dawn had the ten year old equivalent of a Bf/Gf relationship. They were always supporting each other, holding hands, worrying about each other, etc. You might as well call them Bf/Gf bc this is the closest thing Ash will probably ever get to an actual relationship.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Really? I thought they did. But maybe tha'ts just me. Or maybe I am biased because everything in Sinnoh was my favorite.

Ikr, it was my favorite too aldo i agree that Brock was kinda useless, more because of the companion he was in Os and Advanced, I still think Gary Oak would be a better companion for the Sinnoh saga ( and he could help DawnXAsh )

Hard to say, I don't really think that they could get any closer considering they were both ten. Some ppl say that they could have crushed on each other but crushes aren't always mutual or even real affection. I think that Ash and Dawn had the ten year old equivalent of a Bf/Gf relationship. They were always supporting each other, holding hands, worrying about each other, etc. You might as well call them Bf/Gf bc this is the closest thing Ash will probably ever get to an actual relationship.

As i stated in a previous topic, I work with kids (7-13), and only one character on pokemon of the stated "10" acted and seemed like ten, and it was Iris.
Both Dawn/Ash/May ( etc.. ) look older, and it's kinda of implied that Ash grow between Hoenn and Sinnoh Imo.
But I agree with the rest, it was the closest Ash ever got to an relationship

Hikatoshi26

I somewhat agree with this but the only reason I have some reservations about it is in the Poke universe. 10 is to 21. So if you are 10 you are an adult meaning you can leave school, get married, get a job , w/e. So although both Satoshi and Hikari are dense I doubt it is due to there age at least in that universe I think it is there passion for their goals and their Pokemon. Satoshi never looks at another girl in any kind of googly Takeshi like way since OS 009 or so lol. I don't think anyone is messing up Pearl or any shipping except for Satoshi's One track mindset. We will see how XY shakes out but I'm expecting the same.

Shadow1275

I somewhat agree with this but the only reason I have some reservations about it is in the Poke universe. 10 is to 21. So if you are 10 you are an adult meaning you can leave school, get married, get a job , w/e. So although both Satoshi and Hikari are dense I doubt it is due to there age at least in that universe I think it is there passion for their goals and their Pokemon. Satoshi never looks at another girl in any kind of googly Takeshi like way since OS 009 or so lol. I don't think anyone is messing up Pearl or any shipping except for Satoshi's One track mindset. We will see how XY shakes out but I'm expecting the same.

Agreed, though the only thing is regardless of what the Pokemon society thinks is an adult, as individual's someone who is 45 and supposed to be an adult could have the maturity of a 5 year old. Their passion for their goals definitely takes precedence over relationships, but part of that is the fact that they aren't exactly mature yet. Especially since Ash tends to take ten steps back every time he goes to a new region. Its true that they are considered old enough to be independent, but that doesn't mean they have the emotional or social maturity to understand certain feelings. Or that their bodies have developed to the point where they experience complex feelings like love.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Ash goes backwards everytime, except when he meet a girl with blue hair and eyes ^^ Making both of grow independently, without noticing they were growing together :)

What is you favorite piece of FanArt ?

Shadow1275

Ash goes backwards everytime, except when he meet a girl with blue hair and eyes ^^ Making both of grow independently, without noticing they were growing together :)

Hmmm Blue eyes? Blue hair? now who could you be talking about? ;)

James from Team Rocket?

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn
Hmmm Blue eyes? Blue hair? now who could you be talking about?

James from Team Rocket?

Haha. But luckily James has green eyes, not blue.

Probably. Since they are 10, though, I doubt there would've been any romantic development, even if the '10' we are speaking of is televised 10.
But arguably, you could say that the fact that Brock had to interrupt highlights their closeness, doesn't it? It demonstrates that they had to be restrained from each other. When you put it like that, it makes for a pretty strong hint.

mew151

Thunder Trainer
Hmmm Blue eyes? Blue hair? now who could you be talking about? ;)

James from Team Rocket?

James has blue eyes? He has blue hair? *gasp* He's a girl the whole time?!

No. No. Just kidding.

What is you favorite piece of FanArt?

Depends. I have seen many fanart from where everyone can see to the fanarts where some people cannot see. Take your pick.

But seriously, this is one of my personal favorites.

http://pharaohyami5000.deviantart.com/art/CM-pharaohyami5000-244217427

Status
Not open for further replies.