• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Haha. But luckily James has green eyes, not blue.

Would Ash and Dawn bond even closer in the moments that Brock interrupted, despite both sides denseness?

Probably. Since they are 10, though, I doubt there would've been any romantic development, even if the '10' we are speaking of is televised 10.
But arguably, you could say that the fact that Brock had to interrupt highlights their closeness, doesn't it? It demonstrates that they had to be restrained from each other. When you put it like that, it makes for a pretty strong hint.

Never saw it like that, do you think Brock was trying to protect them from ruinning they friendship ? Aldo i think it would even make it stronger ( when i saw the show that Dawn put for Ash was really the point that i said "Damm, boy grab that girl she is a keeper" ).

No one anwsered to my topic so i will reply to myself like i was liking my own facebok status :(

This is my favorite fanart, aldo isn't the most shipping one, is the one that when i see it i want to review the D/P saga.
It's a comic, where Dawn and Ash are saying goodbye, and Ash remarks if she will be okay in her own, unfortunately i can't find it and it's being frustating ):

How well i love this one too - > http://image.blingee.com/images18/content/output/000/000/000/75f/739338691_1239564.gif

Last edited:

Shadow1275

Vintrial

Whouffle.
That really is nice! It brings back memories. That high five was very essential to the both of them since the beggining till the very end.

Ikr ):
I lost of all my hope that Ash would ever hug anyone that wasn't his mom, so the high-fives are the closest thing that Ash has ever done to that ^^' Plus the High-touch song implies they ment something more :b

Last edited:

Shadow1275

Ikr ):
I lost of all my hope that Ash would ever hug anyone that wasn't his mom, so the high-fives are the closest thing that Ash has ever done to that ^^' Plus the High-touch song implies they ment something more :b

Not too mention Dawn's theme implies it as well.

BlueDragonfangirl

You know the funny thing? How much the films advertised Pearlshipping :)

BlueDragonfangirl

That beginning scene in movie 12 was the cutest thing I've ever seen in a movie short of the pikachu shorts.

Yah, also let's not forget movie 10. I thought that film had tons of hints :D

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Such a shame that the last movie was the less shippiest of them all ): they should know they would be leaving each other, more emotion pls ? ):

tzhaa

Yeah she didn't have any reason to leave. The writers just needed to replace her for god knows why, its not like they even used Hilda and Iris was the least liked companion of Ash's so far. Rise of the Darkrai had the biggest Pearlshippyness in it though.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
The worst part was that dawn had absolutely no in universe reason to leave, but marketing marches on.

For some reason the episodes with more rating in the BW saga was the Dawn one =( lets hope she will be used has a tool to up ratings from now on lol.
Dawn ( Well and Piplup ) sold more merchandise than any other companion and as still dispached =/

BlueDragonfangirl

The worst part was that dawn had absolutely no in universe reason to leave, but marketing marches on.

Yah, what was that? Man,wonder how many Pearlshippers hated Dawn's mother? She pretty much made her daughter stay for own shallow reasons :/

The last film you'd think would have had major hints due to how popular Pearlshipping was and her leaving, bah!

Oh we'll, the last few films give us memories for us :)

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Yah, what was that? Man,wonder how many Pearlshippers hated Dawn's mother? She pretty much made her daughter stay for own shallow reasons :/

The last film you'd think would have had major hints due to how popular Pearlshipping was and her leaving, bah!

Oh we'll, the last few films give us memories for us :)

I hated more on buneary than her mom honestly :b
But then again the anime isn't consistent, if Dawn was so eager to follow Ash why go to Hoenn after and not rejoin Ash ? :(

Shadow1275

But then again the anime isn't consistent, if Dawn was so eager to follow Ash why go to Hoenn after and not rejoin Ash ? :(

Because pokemon is a kids series [with a large teenage to adult fanbase] and the writers wouldn't know a good story if it bit them like a certain Gible I know. The reason why D and P was so good was bc it matured to an extent. For example Ash and Paul's rivalry, Chimchar actually biting Ash, power vs. friendship, Dawn's self-esteem, and mountains upon mountain's of shiptease. Then along came Black and White...

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Because pokemon is a kids series [with a large teenage to adult fanbase] and the writers wouldn't know a good story if it bit them like a certain Gible I know. The reason why D and P was so good was bc it matured to an extent. For example Ash and Paul's rivalry, Chimchar actually biting Ash, power vs. friendship, Dawn's self-esteem, and mountains upon mountain's of shiptease. Then along came Black and White...

I think that they take the game promotion to serious, and they should know that their target "audiance" ain't 10 years olds >.<
One example is that the anime ratings of the first episode were cut off by a... Baseball game. Not even to talk about the games.
If it is an anima, take as an anima, not like a weekly 20 minute commercial.

BlueDragonfangirl

Why would you hate Buneary? People would say that was Pearlshipping hints LOL.

Pokemon just sadly likes to use girls for advertisement these days, though they'll at least give pairings hints and girls character development till they leave :(

I really wonder what things would have been like if Dawn stayed?

Still, saw all those high fives on Youtube and seriously cute :)

Status
Not open for further replies.