• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew151

Thunder Trainer
Because pokemon is a kids series [with a large teenage to adult fanbase] and the writers wouldn't know a good story if it bit them like a certain Gible I know. The reason why D and P was so good was bc it matured to an extent. For example Ash and Paul's rivalry, Chimchar actually biting Ash, power vs. friendship, Dawn's self-esteem, and mountains upon mountain's of shiptease. Then along came Black and White...

... and gave us this piece of dirt. Yes, my greatest condolences to all of us who has suffered from their decent to welcoming beginnings towards being plowed all the way to that greatest ending without much goodwill to remember by.

If only that 4th DP movie was about Ho-oh (and Lugia I guess) where we can finally wrap up on Ash's meeting with it since the very beginning. But nope. We get these 2 new Pokemon that provided absolutely nil to the movie and we get the most idiotic douche the show has ever made.

What is your favorite Pearlshipping fanfic?

If I had to choose from 1 to many, it's... I can't find it anymore, but it's something like "Power of the Aura" or something. The story where Ash became evil and misused his aura abilities.

I hated more on buneary than her mom honestly :b
But then again the anime isn't consistent, if Dawn was so eager to follow Ash why go to Hoenn after and not rejoin Ash ? :(

I can't blame either of them or anyone of DP's ending. We all know who the real culprit is.

Last edited:

Vintrial

Whouffle.
... and gave us this piece of dirt. Yes, my greatest condolences to all of us who has suffered from their decent to welcoming beginnings towards being plowed all the way to that greatest ending without much goodwill to remember by.

If only that 4th DP movie was about Ho-oh (and Lugia I guess) where we can finally wrap up on Ash's meeting with it since the very beginning. But nope. We get these 2 new Pokemon that provided absolutely nil to the movie and we get the most idiotic douche the show has ever made.

What is your favorite Pearlshipping fanfic?

If I had to choose from 1 to many, it's... I can't find it anymore, but it's something like "Power of the Aura" or something. The story where Ash became evil and misused his aura abilities.

I can't blame either of them or anyone of DP's ending. We all know who the real culprit is.

Agree, a movie with Ho-oh and the 3 dogs to wrap it up would be great.

If Dawn had stayed in the anime probably we would have Iris ( now that is something good! ). But all BW was porly written and was an exclusive marketing tool, aldo if they saw people getting mad maybe would change it.
I've read that fic, Ash mom gets killed early in the story right ?

Just found something cool. guess from what episode this is ->

Godammit i suck. Well that is Dawn looking at Ash risking his life from Pikachu while he is falling from a TRocket robot, anything comes to head ? ?

Ps they hadn't meet each other before that.

Attachments

• DP117.jpg
    DP117.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Shadow1275

I think that they take the game promotion to serious, and they should know that their target "audiance" ain't 10 years olds >.<
One example is that the anime ratings of the first episode were cut off by a... Baseball game. Not even to talk about the games.
If it is an anima, take as an anima, not like a weekly 20 minute commercial.

Heck, even the game series main market is older teens to adults. Though Diamond and Pearl was the best season Imo, it still had its share of cringe worthy moments. Plus, I don't think the writers/animators do a very good job when it comes to selling the scene. For example, when Ash, Dawn, and Brock go to the boat to separate, Dawn doesn't even cry, she just hangs her head. Same with May and Max in battle frontier if I remember correctly. Meanwhile Piplup had a great couple scenes with pikiachu right beforehand where he did cry. Sure Dawn has matured a lot since the end but these are the people that she has been living with for over 100 filler episodes, which considering Ashy boy's magical non-aging I guess means its only been a couple days. Biggest cringe moment was Brock. Two guys traveled through 4 regions together, and all they say is see you later? Sigh, Pokemon writers at their finest.

Hikatoshi26

Heck, even the game series main market is older teens to adults. Though Diamond and Pearl was the best season Imo, it still had its share of cringe worthy moments. Plus, I don't think the writers/animators do a very good job when it comes to selling the scene. For example, when Ash, Dawn, and Brock go to the boat to separate, Dawn doesn't even cry, she just hangs her head. Same with May and Max in battle frontier if I remember correctly. Meanwhile Piplup had a great couple scenes with pikiachu right beforehand where he did cry. Sure Dawn has matured a lot since the end but these are the people that she has been living with for over 100 filler episodes, which considering Ashy boy's magical non-aging I guess means its only been a couple days. Biggest cringe moment was Brock. Two guys traveled through 4 regions together, and all they say is see you later? Sigh, Pokemon writers at their finest.

Sometimes the hardest thing to write in a long series is the farewell. That is why alot of the time they die or something comes up. I thought the Dawn farewell was the 2nd best farewell behind Misty's. I am still bummed out becasue I just knew that it wasn't a goodbye just a see you later after both farewells in Sinnoh and Unova but i guess I was off.....For now. I am still half expecting to see some cameos. Every companion has a poke that can mega evolve except Dawn (For now)

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Sometimes the hardest thing to write in a long series is the farewell. That is why alot of the time they die or something comes up. I thought the Dawn farewell was the 2nd best farewell behind Misty's. I am still bummed out becasue I just knew that it wasn't a goodbye just a see you later after both farewells in Sinnoh and Unova but i guess I was off.....For now. I am still half expecting to see some cameos. Every companion has a poke that can mega evolve except Dawn (For now)

I agree that Dawn goodbyes wasn't that bad.
Aldo the motives that she left where not the best. Their "friendship" would need a better motive to be torn apart tbh.
Not to talk about the goodbye in BW, only best bros showed some affection.
I do hope it was only as "See you later"

Shadow1275

I agree that Dawn goodbyes wasn't that bad.
Aldo the motives that she left where not the best. Their "friendship" would need a better motive to be torn apart tbh.
Not to talk about the goodbye in BW, only best bros showed some affection.
I do hope it was only as "See you later"

Idk, I mean I didn't exactly hate it, but I didn't like it either. In terms of Dawn's exit, there were some great parts like Piplup and how Ash cheered her up at the end by saying her catchphrase. Not to mention the last picture of Dawn hugging Piplup.

But after all that great build-up of Ash and Dawn being close friends and how special their friendship was, I really expected more than just a two second reaction. Heck Piplup's first meeting with Pikachu was getting a thunderbolt to the face and he was the only one crying when Ash and crew left.

As for Brock though, there was a lot more they could do. For example show some flashbacks to when they first met, or all the hard times they went through, or their first battle. How about they exchange some sort of parting gift, like Ash giving Brock his hat or something. Instead they sort of just shook hands and left.

To give an example, look at when the original three first split up. The whole episode was dedicated to Misty leaving and her feelings at not being able to travel with her friends. Brock didn't get the same finale exit [because he was coming back in Advanced gen.] Hell Misty even got a song dedicated to her "American version pasted feelings" for Ash. While it was chock full of cringe worthy moments, it was still a worthy send-off.

This is just my opinion but I really don't think much of Pokemon's writers. But imo its not that hard to write a good farewell. If you build up a relationship, you have to match that build-up to emphasize how important that person was to the story, and also that character's role within the story. And I think the writers just got lazy.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Dawn got a song too, and it was in Japan! Even more emphasys on that side!
But i agreee that their goodbye should have been much more as their relationship was, but some may same that it was their way of making it less painfull, even more of that is sustained from the breakdown that Dawn had when she saw Ash on the boat, saying something like she couldn't held it anymore the Thought of being away from Ash ( ok and brock )

Shadow1275

Dawn got a song too, and it was in Japan! Even more emphasys on that side!
But i agreee that their goodbye should have been much more as their relationship was, but some may same that it was their way of making it less painfull, even more of that is sustained from the breakdown that Dawn had when she saw Ash on the boat, saying something like she couldn't held it anymore the Thought of being away from Ash ( ok and brock )

Lol, did Dawn and Brock even have a relationship? As far as I could see they were at the most, travel companions.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Well they are Ash best female and male friends so at leats they have that working for them ^^'
Despite all of Brock actions to stop Pearlshipping =(

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Brock just hates being the third wheel. poor guy

That doesn't mean he gets to screw up the lifes of two people who dodn't even know what love is :(
We could have learn a couple of good things u.u besides he in DP rejected the only girl ( that i remember of ) that had a crush on him.
PS: it was in the ice cream date episode ^^

Shadow1275

That doesn't mean he gets to screw up the lifes of two people who dodn't even know what love is :(
We could have learn a couple of good things u.u besides he in DP rejected the only girl ( that i remember of ) that had a crush on him.
PS: it was in the ice cream date episode ^^

Great episode, Dawn starts crying then Ash comes over and she's immediately back to her happy self. [Of course Ash being captain Oblivious thinks that she has something in her eye, another reason why I lost respect for Ash a long time ago.]

It's Brock's fault though, he only goes for girls according to looks. Doesn't matter about the chemistry, if she ain't mature like a Joy or a Jenny he wants no part of her.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Yeah, true to that, poor guy.
I'm a bit sad this turned into a 2 people discussion ( not that i don't want to talk to you shadow <3 ), but i would like for more people to come to this so i'm giving it a new topic.
What's your favorite Pearlshipping moment ?

DarkIceBubbles

what's your favorite Pearlshipping moment?

Mine will be from rise of darkrie and ep 4 I think with dawn first contest (did I answer this before??)

LizardonX

Banned
I'd post here more since i find this ship cuter than amour but i havent actually seen any DP eps in months, so for moment I'll just go with the movie 12 intro.

Shadow1275

So many to choose...

Mine would be a combination. When Zoey and later Kenny asked her to come with them, but she turned them both down. Later the reason was revealed, [and hinted at when she turned Zoey down.] That she wanted to follow Ash to Kanto.

But then the Writers crashed that party:mad:

mew151

Thunder Trainer
Probably =( don't know, but there are new people here now.

Yey more people ^^

this ->http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/shinou/629ps2.shtml

Ah yes. That one is also my favorite moments in Pokemon history. You can really feel how supportive Ash was in this.

Regarding that Miltank episode of the scene where Ash and Dawn had that "moment", I also didn't agree with his approach on her situation, but at least she laughed at his dumbfoundness (though to my eyes, I think Ash was acting dumb, just to try to shift the mood) and that worked. Just for that moment, but it worked. Of course, it doesn't help much when the focus was the episode of the day girl and Brock, but whatever. At least Dawn's depressed state didn't magically shift from this one episode alone unlike Iris's handling from her own problems. Good episode, just wasn't the right writer to create it.

Hikatoshi26

Mine will have 2 of them. Movie 12 when they were flirting in the water. Also I loved when Hikari passed out and Satoshi gave her the warm milk. I thought that was so sweet and evenif it was Takeshi's idea he gave it to Satoshi to give to her. See Takeshi didnt always Pearl block lol. A close 3rd would be the episode Doc brock there were like a married couple I was so Sweet

Vintrial

Whouffle.
I just sawn the battle againts tobias again, and in the end of the episode Ash is almost crying looking at the arena, but he starts to smile once Dawn arrives and talks to him ^^ so sweet.
True that Brock didn't block always, in the river scene on the 12 movie you can see him standing by watching to two flirting ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.