• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikatoshi26

If Dawn were to come to Kalos, how would the new crew react to Dawn and Ash close bond ?

I think Serena would be a lil jealous but i dont think it would anything different than her Cameo in BW it would become a girls gang up on Ash fest. Although maybe they would get in a heart to heart over Ash and seeing Serena passion for him maybe Dawn would learn her true feelings.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
If Dawn were to come to Kalos, how would the new crew react to Dawn and Ash close bond ?

I think Serena would be a lil jealous but i dont think it would anything different than her Cameo in BW it would become a girls gang up on Ash fest. Although maybe they would get in a heart to heart over Ash and seeing Serena passion for him maybe Dawn would learn her true feelings.

This! so awesome if it would happen.
Serena being like "Ash is so amazing, he does this, does that ( blablabla )
And Dawn saying, I guess.. he really is something...
D: pls make this happen.

Shadow1275

This! so awesome if it would happen.
Serena being like "Ash is so amazing, he does this, does that ( blablabla )
And Dawn saying, I guess.. he really is something...
D: pls make this happen.

Bonus catfight between Serena and Dawn wouldn't be bad either.;) Maybe a cheeroff during one of Ashe's battles.

My money's on Dawn though, she did beat May one on one.

Hikatoshi26

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Bonus catfight between Serena and Dawn wouldn't be bad either.;) Maybe a cheeroff during one of Ashe's battles.

My money's on Dawn though, she did beat May one on one.

Dammit the more i imagine the more i want it to happen >,<
She also lost to uber-Dragonite from Iris, not even going to say nothing about that -__-

I've read that fic back when want in a spree of them, one of the best out there for sure.

Hikatoshi26

A cat fight would be cool to see but that has never happened with Ash. The closest maybe was Misty and Macy in ye olde Johto. May didnt care once Drew showed up and Dawn had no competition (unless you count Lyra, which I don't.).

I am on a spree of reading pearl fics because my muse has left me for my own I have 3 in development now and I need to finish them.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
A cat fight would be cool to see but that has never happened with Ash. The closest maybe was Misty and Macy in ye olde Johto. May didnt care once Drew showed up and Dawn had no competition (unless you count Lyra, which I don't.).

I am on a spree of reading pearl fics because my muse has left me for my own I have 3 in development now and I need to finish them.

Wich one they are ? I guess i'm probably following them ^^'.
My spree was feature of my ADD, wich furthermore lead me here.
Well Dawn had Angie, but that doesn't count, Angie had more jealousy of Dawn than the opposite

Hikatoshi26

Wich one they are ? I guess i'm probably following them ^^'.
My spree was feature of my ADD, wich furthermore lead me here.
Well Dawn had Angie, but that doesn't count, Angie had more jealousy of Dawn than the opposite

Yeah Angie liked Ash and was jealous of Dawn but she never knew it.Dawn is dense as well just not AS dense as the legendary Ash Ketchum.

My stories aren't published yet they will be soon. I'll PM you the link.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Out of curiosity i went to see some dubbed episodes of DP in my own languages, suprised I was. It has added hints! I was so happy ^^' ( take in notice that in this dub Misty final dialogue is "I knew Ash loved me" )

I would enjoy if you sent me the link when they get out to the public, I'm planning on starting one too, but i just don't know how to make the prologue.

Who would other of Ash companions react if they saw Dawn cheerleading for him ?(Note: Only Brock saw it)
HA! I would love to see Gary teasing Ash!

Hikatoshi26

Who would other of Ash companions react if they saw Dawn cheerleading for him ?(Note: Only Brock saw it)

I would have loved for her to do with Paul in attendance. Im far from a ikari but I did think Paul though Dawn was cute at least and his reaction would have been cool.

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn

HA! Serena would probably explode. That would never happen though, since Dawn didn't even do that in her BW cameo. I was hoping she would, actually. I have a question of my own I have been mulling over for the past week.

With the increasing Amourshipping hints, does the future for Pearlshipping look bleak?
I watched a subbed version of episode six of XY and boy, am I depressed right now. The question has the word 'Pearlshipping' in it, so I'm assuming it's viable to ask here?

Vintrial

Whouffle.
With the increasing Amourshipping hints, does the future for Pearlshipping look bleak?

Honestly ? No, Amour has been ( i think will continue to be ) an one-sided ship ( like Angie-Ash or Melody etc ), two people need to go a long way to form a bond so strong like this one. And that will be difficult because one of the things that bonded Ash and Dawn the most was the fact that they trained together, something that is unlikely to happen in SatoSere.
My biggest dream right now would be if Dawn made a cameo in XY and both of the girls got jealousy over the other (and Dawn not realizing why).
Despite all that, there is, well Ash himself. His personality was good with Dawn because both of them were clueless about love (at least btw each other).

Well, Misty probably wouldn't like it a bit, same thing with Serena ^^'
Iris would call them kids...
Cilan would make some food reference regarding their friendship.
May, as the romantic girl of the bunch, would probably start to tease them both.

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn
My biggest dream right now would be if Dawn made a cameo in XY and both of the girls got jealousy over the other (and Dawn not realizing why).

YES!! Now that is one thing I think might happen. Let's face it, Iris wasn't the most popular traveling companion of the lot, so Dawn's chance of a cameo is possible here. It would increase the ratings for a start, but judging by how the writers are pushing Amourshipping,(As they are saying on that thread) I can't really predict anything they'll do.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
YES!! Now that is one thing I think might happen. Let's face it, Iris wasn't the most popular traveling companion of the lot, so Dawn's chance of a cameo is possible here. It would increase the ratings for a start, but judging by how the writers are pushing Amourshipping,(As they are saying on that thread) I can't really predict anything they'll do.

They are pushing "satoSERE", there is only Serena hints so far ( but the ones that exist are pretty obvious and her crush on Ash is cannon ).
But Dawn is the companion with the most fans (except in America where people love Misty dunno why). So if the ratings go down i would be suprised for a sudden cameo from her ^^

Hikatoshi26

They are pushing "satoSERE", there is only Serena hints so far ( but the ones that exist are pretty obvious and her crush on Ash is cannon ).
But Dawn is the companion with the most fans (except in America where people love Misty dunno why). So if the ratings go down i would be suprised for a sudden cameo from her ^^

Misty is popular in America because she was first. Nostalgia leads alot of people to remember her more alot of america stopped watching after OS 275 lol so May and Dawn mean little to them. I have been hearing rumors May might return in a cameo I would love for Dawn to return as well it would be fun to see either Bonnie propose to them for Clemont or they fight with Serena.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Misty is popular in America because she was first. Nostalgia leads alot of people to remember her more alot of america stopped watching after OS 275 lol so May and Dawn mean little to them. I have been hearing rumors May might return in a cameo I would love for Dawn to return as well it would be fun to see either Bonnie propose to them for Clemont or they fight with Serena.

I heard about May returning too, Blaziquen-mega, possible Hoenn remakes, it has some solid base to support it. But I also heard theories of a Gary cameo as a kid who was in the pallet camp too.
But a Dawn cameo and a Cheer-Off with Serena for Ash would be even better :D
It's a shame people stoped watching, both Sinnoh and Hoenn sagas are miles ahead of the Johto one.

Hikatoshi26

I heard about May returning too, Blaziquen-mega, possible Hoenn remakes, it has some solid base to support it. But I also heard theories of a Gary cameo as a kid who was in the pallet camp too.
But a Dawn cameo and a Cheer-Off with Serena for Ash would be even better :D
It's a shame people stoped watching, both Sinnoh and Hoenn sagas are miles ahead of the Johto one.

I am big Sinnoh support as I am sure my name would suggest lol. I loved it Hoenn was good Johto wasnt bad just filler heavy. I would love to see any cameo honestly. In the game they make repeated mentions of Hoenn, They mention Gary once and they have the bgm to Jubilife city play so I say it's at least feasible for there to be cameos by May, Dawn, Gary, etc.

A cheer off would be awesome but come on Dawn is WAY cuter than Serena and she is pretty adorable. (maybe im biased I like sassy women lol)

Shadow1275

I am big Sinnoh support as I am sure my name would suggest lol. I loved it Hoenn was good Johto wasnt bad just filler heavy. I would love to see any cameo honestly. In the game they make repeated mentions of Hoenn, They mention Gary once and they have the bgm to Jubilife city play so I say it's at least feasible for there to be cameos by May, Dawn, Gary, etc.

A cheer off would be awesome but come on Dawn is WAY cuter than Serena and she is pretty adorable. (maybe im biased I like sassy women lol)

Hoenn remakes might draw some sort of cameo. If I remember right, when HG SS came out Lyra came to D and P. The only question is how long can Dawn's popularity last. For example, Misty is still popular in the U.S., but in Japan she has long fallen out of popularity. I think Dawn stayed popular not only bc she was a good character, but also bc Iris was not great. Hopefully her popularity can stick around long enough for the writers to decide to bring her back.

mew151

Thunder Trainer

I wouldn't worry about it. Even with the evidence surrounding Ash/Serena, I'm not entirely convinced of it as Serena isn't very active for the moment. Nothing from the 6 episodes of XY influenced me to enjoy Serena (even when you see the obvious comparisons of Dawn and Serena's introduction with a few differences along the way). For Dawn, you get to see her intro and was given much more focus on her. Plus throughout the DP series, she's the most active female of the group which grant us her partnership with Ash, whether it's training, Pokemon battles, even looking after the Pokemon. Not much can be said about expanding their relationship, but I was satisfied on what I did see, including her involvement in BW (albeit small; god, why couldn't they kept her in at least until the end of the Unova League?).

All in all, not concerned for now. Once XY is explored more, we'll know when to fear.

I stopped in the middle of Johto. Couldn't handle the dull journey, even with the Gym battles that were more exciting. Came back in mid Hoenn and continued from there, though I did see the missed episodes just to grab the bigger pictures.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Hoenn remakes might draw some sort of cameo. If I remember right, when HG SS came out Lyra came to D and P. The only question is how long can Dawn's popularity last. For example, Misty is still popular in the U.S., but in Japan she has long fallen out of popularity. I think Dawn stayed popular not only bc she was a good character, but also bc Iris was not great. Hopefully her popularity can stick around long enough for the writers to decide to bring her back.

The Lyra cameo yes, it actually had a lot of controversy because, Marina was suppose to exist in the anime world, but then she and Lyra are both based of Crystal ( manga ), to even make it worse there is a guy with a Marina shirt in Dp lol
Yeah Johto was a really pain to watch, worse only Bw after league >.<
What makes more sure that Amour won't top or stomp Pearl is because it's really hard to another companion reach the popularity lvl of Dawn and Misty ( sorry May fans but it's the truth ), and so has their biggest ships.
Remember that the Dawn cameo was the longest because they were affraid of a even bigger dropping in the ratings.
And honestly, even with the hole backstory, Dawn will always, always remain, Ash "special friend".

PS: ah.. carefull watching XY episode 7

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.