• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
Another queston:
-If Dawn were to make a cameo in Kalos and Serena blushes toAsh like inXY7, what it wll be the reaction of Dawn to this?

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
If Dawn were to make a cameo in Kalos and Serena blushes toAsh like inXY7, what it wll be the reaction of Dawn to this?

While the likelihood of this is very slim, it's a good question none the less.

Kinda hard to say really, but I guess we can look to the episode where the group got trapped in the warehouse. Lyra began questioning Dawn about her relationship with Ash which got Dawn all flustered. While she didn't get jealous of Lyra claiming that she'd make Ash her(Lyra, just cause this sounds confusing) husband, I do remember Dawn questioning it a bit. Outside of that though, as much as we all want it be, Dawn never showed any signs of jealousy. It could just be that Ash never showed any sort of major concern for anyone else but Dawn during the DP series, so the hints of Dawn's feelings when around other girls that talked about Ash were at a minimum. Instead it was characters around Ash and Dawn that made reaction, none bigger then Kenny though.

That being said, I just might have to believe Dawn might get a bit jealous of Ash and Serena's relationship.

Vintrial

Whouffle.

-If Dawn were to make a cameo in Kalos and Serena blushes toAsh like inXY7, what it wll be the reaction of Dawn to this?

Dawn reaction is hard to predict, if she sees Serena and Ash close she migth get jealous, without noticing it!
And then start crying and Serena comes to have a talk with her saying she likes him, and asking if the two of them are close friends.
Now that is something i would watch.

Shadow1275

The Lyra cameo yes, it actually had a lot of controversy because, Marina was suppose to exist in the anime world, but then she and Lyra are both based of Crystal ( manga ), to even make it worse there is a guy with a Marina shirt in Dp lol
Yeah Johto was a really pain to watch, worse only Bw after league >.<
What makes more sure that Amour won't top or stomp Pearl is because it's really hard to another companion reach the popularity lvl of Dawn and Misty ( sorry May fans but it's the truth ), and so has their biggest ships.
Remember that the Dawn cameo was the longest because they were affraid of a even bigger dropping in the ratings.
And honestly, even with the hole backstory, Dawn will always, always remain, Ash "special friend".

PS: ah.. carefull watching XY episode 7

I'm actually kind of hoping that Ash and Serena do form a bond, so that if Dawn comes back she might see it and grow Jealous. She could remember the bond that they had and all the good times, then regret going to Hoenn and not sticking around with him. As for AshXSerena, she won't have the bond that Dawn and Ash had, but the writers will definitely tease the Hell out of this. I mean think about it, ratings go down after D and P, so they immediately go back to phase one or what was working before. in D and P we have the two leads [srry Brock] forming a tight relationship with plenty of ship-tease moments along the way.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
I'm actually kind of hoping that Ash and Serena do form a bond, so that if Dawn comes back she might see it and grow Jealous. She could remember the bond that they had and all the good times, then regret going to Hoenn and not sticking around with him. As for AshXSerena, she won't have the bond that Dawn and Ash had, but the writers will definitely tease the Hell out of this. I mean think about it, ratings go down after D and P, so they immediately go back to phase one or what was working before. in D and P we have the two leads [srry Brock] forming a tight relationship with plenty of ship-tease moments along the way.

Well, 100% of what you said it is true, but Serena has a cannon crush on Ash that Dawn didn't, the pearlshipper in me is affraid that she breaks Ash denseness :(
Aldo if they put Dawn as a 4 companion in a future xy saga... things would get interessing...

Shadow1275

Well, 100% of what you said it is true, but Serena has a cannon crush on Ash that Dawn didn't, the pearlshipper in me is affraid that she breaks Ash denseness :(
Aldo if they put Dawn as a 4 companion in a future xy saga... things would get interessing...

I know man, Of course I only want Ash and Serena to hav a special friendship if Dawn comes back so that she could get jealous. If Dawn isn't coming back then no offense to any other shippers, I wouldn't mind Captain Oblivious being while... Oblivious

Vintrial

Whouffle.
I know man, Of course I only want Ash and Serena to hav a special friendship if Dawn comes back so that she could get jealous. If Dawn isn't coming back then no offense to any other shippers, I wouldn't mind Captain Oblivious being while... Oblivious

Man that would be the best.
I can't help but feel that Amour is going cannon >.< or at least semi-cannon.
Not to be the bad guy, but i want Dawn to make a cameo and screw over Serena lol. But as long as it doesn't happen we can imagine it.
On other news I just lost 3000 words of my soon to be Pearlshipping fic... great.
How would be the best way to introduce Dawn in a cameo to XY?And how would Ash react to see her again?

Shadow1275

Man that would be the best.
I can't help but feel that Amour is going cannon >.< or at least semi-cannon.
Not to be the bad guy, but i want Dawn to make a cameo and screw over Serena lol. But as long as it doesn't happen we can imagine it.
On other news I just lost 3000 words of my soon to be Pearlshipping fic... great.
How would be the best way to introduce Dawn in a cameo to XY?And how would Ash react to see her again?

I don't feel it becoming canon, or even semi-canon only bc the writers tend to troll with Captain Oblivious all the time. They focus too much on the relationships between pokemon and other pokemon then relationships between humans.

That sucks

Pokemon contests, its the most obvious and sensible way to make it happen. Also her Buneary having a fashion modeling contract in Kalos. Fashion seems to hav the largest emphasis in that region.

BlueDragonfangirl

I don't know why we are talking about other pairings in this thread meh.
I would love for Dawn to get a cameo, honestly don't know how she'd react to Serena and her obvious crush on Ash.
She's just as slow as Ash is when it comes to romance, I think Serena would notice how close of a relationship they have and get worried, it'd give us some hints at least :)

Vintrial

Whouffle.
I don't know why we are talking about other pairings in this thread meh.
I would love for Dawn to get a cameo, honestly don't know how she'd react to Serena and her obvious crush on Ash.
She's just as slow as Ash is when it comes to romance, I think Serena would notice how close of a relationship they have and get worried, it'd give us some hints at least :)

You're right still it is quite hard to not notice it, or mention it.

Well probably because of something fashion related or a Wallace cup thing.
The reaction from both of them is rather, unpredictable in my opinion. Don't really have an ideia of how it could happen.

Hikatoshi26

I don't think there is a best way to introduce her just introduce her lol. In BW they piece together a rather weak excuse for her to show up (She just happened upon Cynthia and was like Unova imma go there oh would you lookie there Ash is here. Well since im here i mind as well see him lol.) I can totally see that happening again or she is in Kalos for something fashion related with Buneary/Lopunny and I would love to see Serena's reaction the inevitable high five.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
After losing my fear of writing outside my nature language, deleting circa 3000 words of text I finally got the guts to put it ou to the world, if anyone wants to check my Pearlshipping fic go ahead -> https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9866085/1/Tales-of-the-Road

True her BW cameo was rather dull, and was more to make Iris shine than her connencting with Ash >.< There wasn't even a Tag Battle!
Aldo Ash always asking to battle vs her was cute and i take that as a way of Ash really saying "I missed you" lol

mew151

Thunder Trainer
You got to admit, her re-introduction gave us the little teasing scene with Ash. It remains as 1 of my favorite Pearlshipping scenes.

How would be the best way to introduce Dawn in a cameo to XY? And how would Ash react to see her again?

I suppose another idea they could do is re-introduce Pokemon Musicals. It only got about 2 episodes of being mentioned but never explored. Dawn could return as part of the cast in some theatrical show. Has Pokemon Musicals return for the XY games?

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Sadly no :/ Musicals are not in the game, even less likely to the anime, they weren't receive very well.
However i was thinking with all the bonanza over Serena goal(S), if there could exist some like Wallace cup kinda of thing and bring Dawn back, it would nice no ? ^^

BlueDragonfangirl

Dawn loves fashion, I could see her being introduced some way like that with her and Serena working together :)

I'd like to see a change of clothes though next time, I was disappointed she didn't get a new outfit in her past cameo like the rest of the previous girls got in cameos " sigh " I'd like a nice high five too, to show how close they are :)

mew151

Thunder Trainer
It'll be criminal for them not to show Dawn and Ash's trademark when they meet again. New clothes? Not as big of a deal really, especially with most animated shows don't bother with much clothing variety, but it'll be nice for them to show it. Shows they continually put in effort of the show like how XY granted us great visual battling scenes.

Yeah, what was up with the musicals? I know it's not (to them) a big thing like Gym Battles and such, but at least allow us viewers to explore more of it. Like the contests, it could grant Ash (or some newcomers) more ideas on improving his style. I'd like to see XY anime to tackle more on musicals if they can.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Ehilà i M new here!
I don t shipping this couple beacause i M an amourshipper but beacause i was a pearlshipper......can i join?

Well with episode 7 everyone jumped on amour, the probabilities of that going, at least semi-canon are pretty high. The only things left is solid Ash hints.
But we can still ship Pearl! and even if amour goes canon i will still ship Pearl!

About the change of clothes. Dawn used her Platinum outfit during the main dp series so that was why she didn't get an update, May didn't so she used it in her cameo.

Will you still ship Pearl even if SatoSere goes cannon ?
Why you ship Pearl ?

Last edited:

Hikatoshi26

Will you still ship Pearl even if SatoSere goes cannon

I will always ship pearl. If amour goes canon I will just write stories of Dawn showing up and throwing a monkey wrench in their happy ending (actually i may do that anyway....where's my pen?!) -stalks off-

Why you ship Pearl ?

I ship pearl because Dawn is my absolute favorite poke chick she'd confident and adorable and she has blue hair how can you go wrong if only she was real....and much older. But seriously I love her and Ash's relationship she was the most progressive and successful pokegirl with Ash and she was the only main character in the show not named Ash. DP was as much about Dawn as it was about Ash.

mew151

Thunder Trainer
Ehilà i M new here!
I don t shipping this couple beacause i M an amourshipper but beacause i was a pearlshipper......can i join?

Welcome, sage striaton, to the Pearlshipping thread. Have any thoughts? Feel free to share it with us, as long as it's appropriate of course.

Will you still ship Pearl even if SatoSere goes cannon?

I'm still supporting SatoHika as of now. I see no reason not to, even if Amour becomes the decision. I do like what I see from there, but not enough for me to be influenced by it for now.

Why you ship Pearl?

I like Dawn due to her introduction given more focused. I like Ash because... well, he's Ash. What more do you need? What I really enjoy seeing is thaty Ash isn't the lone star of the series. He has another star (well, starlette, but I'm still calling women stars) whom he can share the spotlight with. In DP, we were granted equal stories from 2 trainers, while the rest (including XY I believe) is more Ash focused. I really like they were able to divide focus there with one not getting too much of the center of the story. I like Pearl because they treat each other respectfully and they interact with themselves more genuinely. Plus, the things they have learned from each other to improve themselves and they way they synchronize reveal that they're the best team and the best pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.