• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn
It's great that we're getting more activity on the Pearlshipping thread, especially since our situation isn't so good right now. coughAmourcough. I've noticed that the older posters have left. It's up to us now!

Is it true that Ash said 'See you later' to Dawn in japanese both times rather than the 'farewell' goodbye he said to the others?

Vintrial

Whouffle.
In the local dub ( comes a week after the us one ) they say, translated by word "We will see each other later". When they say goodbye in Unova.
Japanase don't know :S

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn
In the local dub ( comes a week after the us one ) they say, translated by word "We will see each other later". When they say goodbye in Unova.
Japanase don't know :S

That sounds really romantic! For some reason. It's the hardcore Pearly inside me. And they WILL see each other later.

When is the appropriate time to start a new thread? Does anyone know?

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn
What about the others? As you may have gathered, I'm very competitive. Pearlshipping forever! And yes, 1 million views is a good achievement.

mew151

Thunder Trainer
Man I miss Dawn, and going back and watching the Diamond and Pearl episodes makes it worse. Though I'd love another shipping moment to add to the pile, I just want my Dee Dee back. Sigh... :(

Yes, we all miss Dawn. Heck, Diamond and Pearl is 1 of the most memorable Pokemon sagas. If there are any episodes you can change, which ones would you choose and how will you change them to your favor?

Hikatoshi26

I think that Dawn is definetly on a different level than anyone else in Pokemon other than Ash for the simple fact she was a co star not a companion per se lol. Also if you pay attention to the japanese lyrics Together was about there adventures and relationship. Kimi no Soba de was hikari singing about being by Ashs' side. I mean Serena is cute and all but unless they make the 2nd OP/ED like Hi touch and Kaze no Message i can't buy it being anything more than a 1 sided ship. I would love for this Ash and romance thing to be hashed out but alas that's why i write fics and read them.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
I think that Dawn is definetly on a different level than anyone else in Pokemon other than Ash for the simple fact she was a co star not a companion per se lol. Also if you pay attention to the japanese lyrics Together was about there adventures and relationship. Kimi no Soba de was hikari singing about being by Ashs' side. I mean Serena is cute and all but unless they make the 2nd OP/ED like Hi touch and Kaze no Message i can't buy it being anything more than a 1 sided ship. I would love for this Ash and romance thing to be hashed out but alas that's why i write fics and read them.

No one can reach the same level of High Touch or any song about Ash and Dawn. No one!
Fics keeping the spirit alive (How are yours btw?)

Yes, we all miss Dawn. Heck, Diamond and Pearl is 1 of the most memorable Pokemon sagas. If there are any episodes you can change, which ones would you choose and how will you change them to your favor?

I would change Dawn regular wannabing her mom :S Wich only started to happen after Wallace cup.
And more people teasing (We only got Lyra) I wanted Volkner (Cheerleading) to teased them so badly but it didn't happened.
And Brock not stopping Ash/Dawn from comforting each other :mad:

Hikatoshi26

No one can reach the same level of High Touch or any song about Ash and Dawn. No one!
Fics keeping the spirit alive (How are yours btw?)

my fics are coming along decently lol. I would like for anyone to come back honestly since XY likes to pay homage to every old region lol.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
my fics are coming along decently lol. I would like for anyone to come back honestly since XY likes to pay homage to every old region lol.

Someone already talked about a Rowan Cameo (since Sycamore is ex-Pupil of his) And Gary, honestly X&Y have so much references to past games. But only one to direct protagonists (Blue) I would love more of them (Especially Platinum)

Funny thing, do you guys know that Dia (Manga) has a crush on Platinum Berlitz ? Assuming Ash mimics every Male Protagonist and his attire in DP is similar to Dia.... (Wink,Wink)

I mean when are they coming out :p

Last edited:

Shadow1275

If there are any episodes you can change, which ones would you choose and how will you change them to your favor?

First, Four roads diverged in a Pokémon Port!

Though Dawn picked Ash even though he lost to Kenny, I wasn't too happy that she called him handsome right at the end. Kenny basically asked her to choose between him and Ash and though she chose Ash, telling Kenny that she thought he was handsome is screwing with his feelings [if she prefers Ash] or still screwing with his feelings, [bc she chose Ash despite thinking that Kenny was handsome]

Memories are Made of Bliss!

Obviously the Buneary modeling gig. Buneary is at the same time one of the biggest hints towards and against Ash x Dawn.

Hikatoshi26

First, Four roads diverged in a Pokémon Port!

Though Dawn picked Ash even though he lost to Kenny, I wasn't too happy that she called him handsome right at the end. Kenny basically asked her to choose between him and Ash and though she chose Ash, telling Kenny that she thought he was handsome is screwing with his feelings [if she prefers Ash] or still screwing with his feelings, [bc she chose Ash despite thinking that Kenny was handsome]

Memories are Made of Bliss!

Obviously the Buneary modeling gig. Buneary is at the same time one of the biggest hints towards and against Ash x Dawn.

She didn't call kenny handsome she just said he looked kinda cool. It is normally something used in animes that say im not interested in you but for a brief moment you were intriguing....don't take anything from it.

If there are any episodes you can change, which ones would you choose and how will you change them to your favor?

I would change DP 131 (title escapes me the maid cafe episode.)

I would make it a Ash and Dawn focused episode with Ash realizing why Dawn was crying and maybe through a hug in there or at least some french maid flirting scenes.

I would also change DP 191 Friendships are Diamonds and Memories are Pearls and make Dawn go to kanto with Ash....then we would have been spared the albeit cute but annoying Iris.

Shadow1275

She didn't call kenny handsome she just said he looked kinda cool. It is normally something used in animes that say im not interested in you but for a brief moment you were intriguing....don't take anything from it.

Was the Japanese version different? The American companies always had a way of "Editing" the actual feelings of characters.

To be honest the only thing I took from it was it was her way of saying, "You're a good kid but I'm going with the other guy." Rewind a couple episodes before that when Zoey asks her to tag along and Dawn turns her down and you know who she really cares about.

I've got nothing against Penguin-shipping besides it not being Pearlshipping, the moment irked me more in the sense that it didn't really fit her character considering the bond between her and Ash and the events that took place. Maybe as a writer I just like it when stories make sense.

Jknombricks

Just some guy

I would want to change the episode "Uncrushing Defeat" and would stop Brock holding Dawn back from running to Ash. I'd also want to change "Sticking With Who You Know" and make Ash and Dawn the ones with uncontrollable affection.

dechirures

Heaven Or Hell
About the New Thread...
I Think we Need tons of people to atleasst make a new one.. I'd rather stay here..

Will Ash Remember Dawn when he see Buizel

I Think he will after All They Traded Their Pokemon to Each Other.
Ash should also reminisce a little and use the moves he and Dawn learn and thought each other.

I'll choose those episode when Dawn is upset and make Ash to comfort him in some of this episode
where they just have a chat on how they feel when they lose whilst making the conversation deeper

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Another i would change would be in the May cameo, that she could comment with Brock how strong the bond btw Ash and Dawn was.
And i would trun Brock into a Pearlshipper :3

Hikatoshi26

Was the Japanese version different? The American companies always had a way of "Editing" the actual feelings of characters.

To be honest the only thing I took from it was it was her way of saying, "You're a good kid but I'm going with the other guy." Rewind a couple episodes before that when Zoey asks her to tag along and Dawn turns her down and you know who she really cares about.

The original is different from the dub. The dubbing companies have gotten better at sticking to the original but japanese cant fully carry over to english or whatever language becuase there are some things that make sense in Japanese nomenclature that wouldnt work for us English speakers so they try to localize it as best they can.

You bring up a funny point though Dawn did turn a couple of offers to travel with others because she wanted to go to Kanto with Ash but then the modeling job calls and Rawr.

mew151

Thunder Trainer
I guess the modelling job was a BS excuse for Gamefreak or Nintendo to push in the BW stuff to fly.

Which from beginning to end (well, the end was IMO the only best episode) BW crippled itself with rushed pacing, 2 planned episodes removed and many mishandled characters, especially the star.

About the last Kenny episode, yes. In the Japanese version, Dawn mentioned to Kenny by letter she thought he looked cool. In America version, cool was promoted to handsome (I do not know about the other languages; any added info is appreciated). Which to me is ironic, because the battle between Ash and Kenny wasn't memorable at all. Heck, it wasn't good when you make one side more dominated than the other.

For what episodes to alter? I choose those 2 clip shows that for some reason is part of the Japanese episode list. Hence their numbers are 191, while I believe the rest of the world saw 189 episodes of DP.
With the 2 clip shows changed, we could have seen the following:
-a part 2 of Ash VS Tobias (plus change Torkoal and Swellow in places with Quilava and... well, I would like Charizard, but any others similar to its might will do (except the 5 Pokemon used against Paul). Reveal most of Tobias's full team.
-an extended final episode. Have Dawn and Ash relax and explore other parts of her hometown like perhaps the lake where she first seen the "mysterious Pokemon". You might as well throw in the bit of Team Rocket where they returned to HQ and set-up their next destination.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
I guess the modelling job was a BS excuse for Gamefreak or Nintendo to push in the BW stuff to fly.

Which from beginning to end (well, the end was IMO the only best episode) BW crippled itself with rushed pacing, 2 planned episodes removed and many mishandled characters, especially the star.

About the last Kenny episode, yes. In the Japanese version, Dawn mentioned to Kenny by letter she thought he looked cool. In America version, cool was promoted to handsome (I do not know about the other languages; any added info is appreciated). Which to me is ironic, because the battle between Ash and Kenny wasn't memorable at all. Heck, it wasn't good when you make one side more dominated than the other.

For what episodes to alter? I choose those 2 clip shows that for some reason is part of the Japanese episode list. Hence their numbers are 191, while I believe the rest of the world saw 189 episodes of DP.
With the 2 clip shows changed, we could have seen the following:
-a part 2 of Ash VS Tobias (plus change Torkoal and Swellow in places with Quilava and... well, I would like Charizard, but any others similar to its might will do (except the 5 Pokemon used against Paul). Reveal most of Tobias's full team.
-an extended final episode. Have Dawn and Ash relax and explore other parts of her hometown like perhaps the lake where she first seen the "mysterious Pokemon". You might as well throw in the bit of Team Rocket where they returned to HQ and set-up their next destination.

Can you imagine if that happened and have Ho-oh fly by ? I would scream of joy.
Aldo we can also say that in the last episode Piplup was doing what Dawn wanted to do but was affraid ( same thing with Pikachu ) so the last episode didn't bother me that much.

Talking about the Japanese dub, can someone translate by word who Lyra describes Dawn and Ash ?
In the English she refers as they are "in sync" but in mine she says they are "soulmates"

Status
Not open for further replies.