• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikatoshi26

Talking about the Japanese dub, can someone translate by word who Lyra describes Dawn and Ash ?
In the English she refers as they are "in sync" but in mine she says they are "soulmates"

The original pretty much said they are alike. If you are refreeing to DP 146 when Lyra says Dawn is cute and asks Ash to agree which he does but in the sense she meant it. The dub said two peas in a pod. If you meant another scene let me know I have every episode of Pokemon lol.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
The original pretty much said they are alike. If you are refreeing to DP 146 when Lyra says Dawn is cute and asks Ash to agree which he does but in the sense she meant it. The dub said two peas in a pod. If you meant another scene let me know I have every episode of Pokemon lol.

I meant that one lol.
I was so happy when i heard "Soulmates" in my dub ):
Hope the dub to english on the current series doesn't add hints (wich will probably happen -_-)
I was so sad for no duet in English and then they saved it for ... wait for it.. Iris....

Hikatoshi26

I meant that one lol.
I was so happy when i heard "Soulmates" in my dub ):
Hope the dub to english on the current series doesn't add hints (wich will probably happen -_-)
I was so sad for no duet in English and then they saved it for ... wait for it.. Iris....

I havent watched english pokemon since AG lol. I knew nothing of this english Iris song because she didnt get a song in Best wishes lol.
The dub always add hints that may not be there just look at Poke....and to a lesser degree Contest... I think the duet is gonna be a special thing only Dawn's songs were focused on someone not her...(Ash) Together/Kimi no soba de/Hi Touch/ Kaze no message/In your heart lalala lol. too many songs. Then if you look at the BW movies ending songs you cant say it cant be Ash singing to Dawn lol.

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn
In English she also says '...two people who really care' when they start arguing when Ash falls in the arena trap.

Seriously! I've been gone a day and we've had so many posts! A pleasant surprise, I have to say.

I would change the Angie episodes to Angie being jealous of Satohika, and I agree with Shadow's point of view in the Kenny episode. He literally forced Ash to battle with Buizel, when he could've used Pikachu. I would also change it so that Ash knew he was battling for Dawn. I think we all know who would've won if that was the case.

@Vintrial
Your dub said 'soulmates' ! OMG that is the ultimate word you could use to describe a couple. I think it is a known fact though, that the English dub lessened the weight of Pearlshipping hints since they are somewhat biased to Pokeshipping. I see that comment on threads a lot.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
I leaning towards stopping watching English dub too, even my nature dub is being handled better :/

Agree the songs are there for something, they elevated Pearlshipping to another step. There so more hints in the songs than in some episodes themselfs.

@IceArceus
My dub is always romantic, the last phrase Misty says is - "Ash i finally know you 'liked' me" lol.
I'm planning on seeing the dubbed DP saga to see more added hints.

Do you guys think the Piplup - Osha interactions in BW can be understood as a Pearl hint ? (You know pokes being the trainers "mirrors" and they despite arguments, want to be with and like each other.)

Hikatoshi26

In English she also says '...two people who really care' when they start arguing when Ash falls in the arena trap.

Seriously! I've been gone a day and we've had so many posts! A pleasant surprise, I have to say.

I would change the Angie episodes to Angie being jealous of Satohika, and I agree with Shadow's point of view in the Kenny episode. He literally forced Ash to battle with Buizel, when he could've used Pikachu. I would also change it so that Ash knew he was battling for Dawn. I think we all know who would've won if that was the case.

@Vintrial
Your dub said 'soulmates' ! OMG that is the ultimate word you could use to describe a couple. I think it is a known fact though, that the English dub lessened the weight of Pearlshipping hints since they are somewhat biased to Pokeshipping. I see that comment on threads a lot.

I ahve to disagree the Poke bias was 4Kids doing and Dp was done by a different company altogether they wanted to be close to the original but didnt want to put too much emphasis on any particular ship but Pearl got a decent amount of english hints just not to the degree that was in the original. Plus what annoyed many ppl with english Dp was Dawn's VA she was not popular apparently. which is funny Hikari's Japanese VA is my favorite outside of Satoshi.

On the Aoi(Angie) front I would have liked her to be jealous of Satoshi and Hikari but she was too busy pining for that Ash (haha see what I did there) and Hikari was too busy being freaked out by Conway lol.

Anyway, Amour has it's work cut out for itself if it intends to surpass Pearlshipping in a battle of hints,merchandise, commercials, and songs.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
I ahve to disagree the Poke bias was 4Kids doing and Dp was done by a different company altogether they wanted to be close to the original but didnt want to put too much emphasis on any particular ship but Pearl got a decent amount of english hints just not to the degree that was in the original. Plus what annoyed many ppl with english Dp was Dawn's VA she was not popular apparently. which is funny Hikari's Japanese VA is my favorite outside of Satoshi.

On the Aoi(Angie) front I would have liked her to be jealous of Satoshi and Hikari but she was too busy pining for that Ash (haha see what I did there) and Hikari was too busy being freaked out by Conway lol.

Anyway, Amour has it's work cut out for itself if it intends to surpass Pearlshipping in a battle of hints,merchandise, commercials, and songs.

Dawn Va was changed mid season and the second VA was actually very enjoyed.
I can't express my hate for the new Japanese VA of the TRio lol.
COMMERCIALS. YES. Dominos are Pearlshippers xD
When they encountered Angie the second time she seemed a bit Jealous imo.

Shadow1275

Yeah the Pokeshipping bias was all 4kids. Granted that Misty was the only female main character at the time but they took it up to eleven by changing the dialogue, and giving her a song dedicated to her "feelings for Ash."

Though I've never seen the japanese version of D and P so I can't really compare the two but I will say that a lot of potential shipping moments that were set up well were ruined by either an Ash or Dawn reaction which felt out of place. Case in point, one of my favorite moments in Tanks for the Memories where Ash finds Dawn crying and asks why. Dawn answers that she had something in her eye [despite several tears] and suggests they get Ice Cream. Cue the obligatory Captain Oblivious moment where Ash decides to think with his stomach instead of his head. I mean she had just lost a contest which he watched. Too be honest as good as Ash is, I don't really see him as that great of a hero anymore. I think that the series should have matured a little a long time ago. When it deals with things like abandonment [Charmander episode in season 1 as well as Chimchar], Right vs. Might [Ash's methods vs. Paul's methods] to name a few, it is really entertaining. When it steps back however and takes the everyone is friends and your happy and I'm happy and even the guys who steal the pokemon are happy approach it just makes me cringe in boredom.

but she was too busy pining for that Ash (haha see what I did there)
Very Clever:rolleyes:
piplup.jpg

Plus what annoyed many ppl with english Dp was Dawn's VA she was not popular apparently. which is funny Hikari's Japanese VA is my favorite outside of Satoshi.

The only time I heard the Japanese voice actor was in high touch and by your side and I thought she was fine. As for Dawn's VA in the english, I actually really liked her. Her voice to me anyway sounded quirky and mischievous, just like how Dawn actually is. Though, maybe it was because her voice sounded a little deep for a 10 year old girl? I guess I just like mature women:cool:;)

Last edited:

Hikatoshi26

I think you have scenario mixed up from DP 62. Dawn was crying Ash saw her asked just said her name and then she was like Hi Ash and he said whats wrong and then said did you get something in your eye. It's a ship tease killer but still sweet. Then Dawn said lets get Ice cream.

@Vintrial Yes Dominos are Pearlshippers lol and it is awesome

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Yeah the Pokeshipping bias was all 4kids. Granted that Misty was the only female main character at the time but they took it up to eleven by changing the dialogue, and giving her a song dedicated to her "feelings for Ash."

Though I've never seen the japanese version of D and P so I can't really compare the two but I will say that a lot of potential shipping moments that were set up well were ruined by either an Ash or Dawn reaction which felt out of place. Case in point, one of my favorite moments in Tanks for the Memories where Ash finds Dawn crying and asks why. Dawn answers that she had something in her eye [despite several tears] and suggests they get Ice Cream. Cue the obligatory Captain Oblivious moment where Ash decides to think with his stomach instead of his head. I mean she had just lost a contest which he watched. Too be honest as good as Ash is, I don't really see him as that great of a hero anymore. I think that the series should have matured a little a long time ago. When it deals with things like abandonment [Charmander episode in season 1 as well as Chimchar], Right vs. Might [Ash's methods vs. Paul's methods] to name a few, it is really entertaining. When it steps back however and takes the everyone is friends and your happy and I'm happy and even the guys who steal the pokemon are happy approach it just makes me cringe in boredom.

The only time I heard the Japanese voice actor was in high touch and by your side and I thought she was fine. As for Dawn's VA in the english, I actually really liked her. Her voice to me anyway sounded quirky and mischievous, just like how Dawn actually is. Though, maybe it was because her voice sounded a little deep for a 10 year old girl? I guess I just like mature women:cool:;)

What do you mean Ash was devasted when Dawn lost and was the first to notice it, not even Kenny her chilldhood friend did.
But then Brock stops him ~.~
Here -> http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/shinou/529ps8.shtml

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn
Guys, this thread is ON FIRE!

Yeah, I remember that the dub companies changed now. At least Dawn and Ash's song is officially from the Pokemon company and NOT the dub.

Shadow, you took the words right out of my mouth. The Sinnoh saga was hyping up to make Ash seem more mature, but in BW, he just forgot everything.

The Japanese Satohika mint site has loads of merchandise hints. It's very encouraging, and there are manga hints as well- some of the moments are so shippy. But I don't think they've put new content on for a while...

Hikatoshi26

Guys, this thread is ON FIRE!

Yeah, I remember that the dub companies changed now. At least Dawn and Ash's song is officially from the Pokemon company and NOT the dub.

Shadow, you took the words right out of my mouth. The Sinnoh saga was hyping up to make Ash seem more mature, but in BW, he just forgot everything.

The Japanese Satohika mint site has loads of merchandise hints. It's very encouraging, and there are manga hints as well- some of the moments are so shippy. But I don't think they've put new content on for a while...

Yeah sadly the SatoxHika manga od DP adventures hasnt been translated and I cant find the RAW anywhere I must read it ):

Yeah just remember when Kenny first met Ash he was instantly jealous of how glowing Dawn talked about him and it was only like 19 episodes by this point of something like that. Dawn liked him since Episode 3 lol. I think Ash liked her initally because she saved Pikachu and then by her own merits but still better than the other ships imo

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn
Yeah sadly the SatoxHika manga od DP adventures hasnt been translated and I cant find the RAW anywhere I must read it ):

Yeah just remember when Kenny first met Ash he was instantly jealous of how glowing Dawn talked about him and it was only like 19 episodes by this point of something like that. Dawn liked him since Episode 3 lol. I think Ash liked her initally because she saved Pikachu and then by her own merits but still better than the other ships imo

I watch that episode over and over when I'm depressed by Amour. The croagunk episode of Battle Dimension is also very shippy. Ah, the rare moments of physical contact. We shouldn't forget Dawn comforting Ash after the Trollbias episode either.

I think we could compose a playlist of the top ten Pearlshippy episodes for all Pearlshippers when sometimes, it just seems so hopeless.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
When i saw episode 7 I went to google and put pearlshipping fan art so i could bare it

Ohh my this thread today has more replies than the amour =O NICE.
Then only Manga i saw from Satohika was the one from the 10 movie :S
Honestly who wouldn't be Jealous of Dawn and Ash ? :b

Shadow1275

What do you mean Ash was devasted when Dawn lost and was the first to notice it, not even Kenny her chilldhood friend did.
But then Brock stops him ~.~
Here -> http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/shinou/529ps8.shtml

Haha I know, I'm talking about later where Dawn starts crying in Tanks for the memories and Captain Oblivious thinks its because she has dirt in her eye, even though he just saw her lose and even saw her hand quiver which was why he got all sad before. Never said that the moment isn't shippy, just not what it should be considering the context.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
I know what you were talking about.
The truth aldo is that Dawn was the Human Ash seemed to care most about in all his Saga.

LizardonX

Banned
Well at this point with the show's new angle there's really nothing on the show left to support this or any other ashxoldergirl ship. But as fellow shafted shippers we should not give up and support this ship until the end :) that and AU fantasies.

In an alternate universe, how do you see this ship happening?

mew151

Thunder Trainer
I think we could compose a playlist of the top ten Pearlshippy episodes for all Pearlshippers when sometimes, it just seems so hopeless.

How about a top 11 from my post way back? I can't link the direct post, so hopefully it won't take long for you to search it.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...ral-Discussion-3-0-*Spoiler-Warning!*/page268

Well, I don't really want to change up too much from what we've got. Otherwise, it'll feel like creating a fanfic. Just extend the relationship more and it'll be good. Ash and Dawn converse more, travel together and keep supporting each other.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
How about a top 11 from my post way back? I can't link the direct post, so hopefully it won't take long for you to search it.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...ral-Discussion-3-0-*Spoiler-Warning!*/page268

Well, I don't really want to change up too much from what we've got. Otherwise, it'll feel like creating a fanfic. Just extend the relationship more and it'll be good. Ash and Dawn converse more, travel together and keep supporting each other.

I think he meant something to go like to the first post :b

Since they're so alike they could found in each other in some sort of covention or even in Work.
As long as their interactions stays in the same formula.

Well at this point with the show's new angle there's really nothing on the show left to support this or any other ashxoldergirl ship.

#DawnCameo20'thAniversary will trend in two years people!

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Ohh my this thread today has more replies than the amour =O NICE.
Then only Manga i saw from Satohika was the one from the 10 movie :S
Honestly who wouldn't be Jealous of Dawn and Ash ? :b

yeah i had to agree they were the cutest couple before the introduction of amour

Status
Not open for further replies.