• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn
In an alternate universe, how do you see this ship happening?
I have to say that I see this ship happening in this universe. This question comes across as suggesting Pearlshipping won't happen in this universe, so I'm answering assuming this is the case. You can correct me if the circumstances are otherwise. I still think they are the cutest couple, yes, even cuter than Amour. There may be nothing on the show to support this now, but like Vintrial said, there's always the 20th anniversary thing, and I refuse to believe that Dawn will never return. When she does, I'm sure she will bring more Pearlshipping moments with her.
Well at this point with the show's new angle there's really nothing on the show left to support this or any other ashxoldergirl ship.

This isn't really a new angle, is it? It's just a new character with all the new characteristics a character contains. Serena's defining characteristic is her crush on Ash, while Dawn's is her close relationship with him. I mean,Misty has an obvious crush on Ash, and where did that go? Until any shipn becomes canon, Pearlshipping still has every chance of happening, and that's what I firmly believe. No matter how close any other ship seems to canon, or one-sided canon, until it's confirmed, I'll always stick to Pearlshipping.

Hikatoshi26

yeah i had to agree they were the cutest couple before the introduction of amour

i have to respectfully disagree they still the cutest couple even more so than Amour.

On topic

I been thinking if Dawn does miracously make an apparence in Kalos I think it would be cool if she came wearing Serena's clothes but with a new color scheme like the Blue/White outfit in the games. I think that would be funny.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
i have to respectfully disagree they still the cutest couple even more so than Amour.

On topic

I been thinking if Dawn does miracously make an apparence in Kalos I think it would be cool if she came wearing Serena's clothes but with a new color scheme like the Blue/White outfit in the games. I think that would be funny.

LOL Head would roll because of that given that so many people bashed on Serena saying she was a Dawn clone.
They are still the cutest couple :3 YES.
I'm really hoping that Dawn makes a cameo, even if it to boost the ratings I wouldn't mind.
They really passed out a chance of making a Movie with Dawn in BW :S Since, well, the 3 movies from last gen were kinda... awfull.

Btw have you guys read a fan fic that is coming up now where Ash and Dawn are wolfs ? o_O

Hikatoshi26

LOL Head would roll because of that given that so many people bashed on Serena saying she was a Dawn clone.
They are still the cutest couple :3 yes
I'm really hoping that Dawn makes a cameo, even if it to boost the ratings I wouldn't mind.
They really passed out a chance of making a Movie with Dawn in BW :S Since, well, the 3 movies from last gen were kinda... awfull.

i have to admit Serena is like a dawn clone to me with a dash of May. but we will she how she hashed out in the story. I wonder when would be a good time to have Dawn be in a cameo I mean maybe when they go back to Luminose for the 5th badge she can be filming commercials with Buneary..... hmmmm I wonder.

The BW movies minus the 14th one was terribad (the 14th had the worlds most epic pop up book ever!) Hopefully XY will make up for it in movie 17.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
i have to admit Serena is like a dawn clone to me with a dash of May. but we will she how she hashed out in the story. I wonder when would be a good time to have Dawn be in a cameo I mean maybe when they go back to Luminose for the 5th badge she can be filming commercials with Buneary..... hmmmm I wonder.

The BW movies minus the 14th one was terribad (the 14th had the worlds most epic pop up book ever!) Hopefully XY will make up for it in movie 17.

14th was the Reshiram/Zekrom rigth ?
They give so many hints towards Sinnoh in Lumiose and plus all of the region just screams Platinum Berlitz(Whom talks french periodically in the manga)/Dawn all over it. Someone even speculated that Dawn cames to Kalos with Fantina lol.
Tbh I didn't saw a personality in Serena besides she wanting to support Ash (in the same level as Dawn *wink*wink*)

Hikatoshi26

14th was the Reshiram/Zekrom rigth ?
They give so many hints towards Sinnoh in Lumiose and plus all of the region just screams Platinum Berlitz(Whom talks french periodically in the manga)/Dawn all over it. Someone even speculated that Dawn cames to Kalos with Fantina lol.
Tbh I didn't saw a personality in Serena besides she wanting to support Ash (in the same level as Dawn *wink*wink*)

Serena's personality imo is closer to May but she is just as supportive as Dawn and much less Dense lol.
Yes Reshiram and Zekrom was the 14th movies
They do make many mentions of Sinnoh in Luminous I mean I would love the Mamoswine in the photo shoot in the games to be Dawns lol.

I do have a small topic question to cover my slight off topicness.

Do you think Ash still talks about Dawn now like he did in BW?

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Serena's personality imo is closer to May but she is just as supportive as Dawn and much less Dense lol.
Yes Reshiram and Zekrom was the 14th movies
They do make many mentions of Sinnoh in Luminous I mean I would love the Mamoswine in the photo shoot in the games to be Dawns lol.

I do have a small topic question to cover my slight off topicness.

Until i see something like the Cheerleading outfit is less suportive than Dawn x)

Why wouldn't he ^?
She is his closest friend, even if Iris come i wouldn't doubt it would leave Serena wondering and making the Dawn topic appear.

Hikatoshi26

Until i see something like the Cheerleading outfit is less suportive than Dawn x)

Why wouldn't he ^?
She is his closest friend, even if Iris come i wouldn't doubt it would leave Serena wondering and making the Dawn topic appear.

I would like to think that he his because when Dawn visited they knew alot about her but knew nothing about Brock and Brock is like Ash's closest guy friend. I doubt he is regaling tales of Iris so I think he talks about Dawn as well.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
I would like to think that he his because when Dawn visited they knew alot about her but knew nothing about Brock and Brock is like Ash's closest guy friend. I doubt he is regaling tales of Iris so I think he talks about Dawn as well.

I would love if when Iris come they would treat her as "little girl"
True to that, they already knew things about her and were amazed by what a co-ordinator was without even meeting her.(And May wasn't even mentioned as a co-ordinator too.)
So yeah we could see that he talks about her a lot :b lol

Hikatoshi26

I would love if when Iris come they would treat her as "little girl"
True to that, they already knew things about her and were amazed by what a co-ordinator was without even meeting her.(And May wasn't even mentioned as a co-ordinator too.)
So yeah we could see that he talks about her a lot :b lol

(im loving the dialogue between the two of us lol)

Yeah I thought that was cool because they knew alot about Dawn before she even got there and unlike May she was sprung on him May called him because she was in the area. Dawn went to Unova solely to see Musicals and Ash.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
This topic became a conversation yeah lol, maybe IceArceus will appear here soon ( We are nearing the 7000 post ^^ )
Her cameo, dispate underwhelming showed that she cared they cared more about each other than, let's say May and Ash ^^'
I don't know why with 6 companions out of the show they don't put chronicles back.
Johto despite being an awfull series was the least direct to promoting the games, something that after BW was pretty evident ( Ash pokedexing a corpish and a koffing... ).
But then Dawn came to try and save the ratings ( and so that Ash wouldn't reach mental coma for all the stupidity he did in BW ).

If Dawn came to Kanto, she would go first to O's training center or Pallet?

Hikatoshi26

This topic became a conversation yeah lol, maybe IceArceus will appear here soon ( We are nearing the 7000 post ^^ )
Her cameo, dispate underwhelming showed that she cared they cared more about each other than, let's say May and Ash ^^'
I don't know why with 6 companions out of the show they don't put chronicles back.
Johto despite being an awfull series was the least direct to promoting the games, something that after BW was pretty evident ( Ash pokedexing a corpish and a koffing... ).
But then Dawn came to try and save the ratings ( and so that Ash wouldn't reach mental coma for all the stupidity he did in BW ).

I would have to say the training facility to get Ambipom back tbh only because if she goes to Kanto she may not be with Ash.

Vintrial

Whouffle.

I would have to say the training facility to get Ambipom back tbh only because if she goes to Kanto she may not be with Ash.

Still, if we aren't sure if they keep contact she wouldn't know he was in Kalos so she would want to see him :p
It bugs that they do so little fanservice for fans of older sagas. :/
You think that if we see Dawn she will have an updated outfit right ?
(Btw would it be awesome if when Ash arrives the snow city he wears the jacket from the Sinnoh saga ~.~)

(Wait Ash and Dawn travel alone in the manga ? wut?)

Last edited:

Shadow1275

Here's one to play around with;

What would Dawn and Ash's Kid look like? How would they turn out? Example future trainer or Coordinator

Hikatoshi26

What would Dawn and Ash's Kid look like? How would they turn out? Example future trainer or Coordinator

I can see their son looking exactly like Ash physically the medium length unruly hair and "Z" under his eyes but the having Dawn's personality. The Girl I see having Dawn's hair length but Ash's hair color but everything else is a splitting image of Dawn lol. BUt of course its hard to guess unless you see them as adults and sadly of all the time travel eps Pokemon has done none have been to the future or at least that far ahead....

Vintrial

Whouffle.
The first one doesn't count :3

Do you think their pokes support their shipping ?
I think they do, espeacially the ones they traded (Ambipom/Buizel) and Infernape because Dawn was like a mother to him when he joined the group, she was the first one to tell him how Ash was and that he should trust them ^^

Hikatoshi26

Do you think their pokes support their shipping

That is a weird question because the dynamics are weird:

Piplup and Pikachu has a bro vibe where they are the best and closest poke friends Pikachu has had similar to Ash and Dawn.

Buneary and Pikachu is that one sided flirting relationship that although Dawn is dense she isn't as dense as Ash and both of them have mildly flirted with the other. Pikachu cares for Buneary and likes to see her happy but is focused on bigger things at the time.

Aipom and Buizel I think is the best representation of anything romantic because it is the only trade between Ash and any companion and it completed them. Dawn needed a creative Contest pokemon and Ash needed a tough and gritty battler.

So it all depends on how you look at it. All I know is Dawn's and Ash's pokemon were closer than the other companions in my opinion and it isn't close.

Status
Not open for further replies.