• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jknombricks

Just some guy
How has your perception to Pearlshipping changed over the course of the years of the show?

Though I grew up a Pokeshipper, it was actually because of her return in BW that I realized the potential of this ship.
Which of the other Friends of Ash/Dawn would try to push this ship?
May, Cilan, and Iris all noticed Pikachu and Buneary, so I think they would push this ship if they connected that to their trainers. On the contrary, Brock, Misty, or Serena definitely wouldn't push this ship.

Vintrial

Whouffle.

I would say May or Zoey, they both got that vibe and seemed to understand what was going on between the two ^^ (Especially Zoey)

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn

I think you're forgetting LYRA, guys. Our very own in show Pearlshipper!

Would this be the one you speak of, IceArceus? It's not clearly shown, but it does give the indication Ash was upset, along with the some of the audience who carries the same emotion.

That's the scene, yes. The fact that shows he could be upset is that the animators chose to include the back of his head in the scene. Why not just have the plane? Or all three of their heads? Why just Ash's? It conveys emotion, I think. Obviously him tipping his cap to hide his face would be too obvious.

Shadow1275

I think you're forgetting LYRA, guys. Our very own in show Pearlshipper!

Would this be the one you speak of, IceArceus? It's not clearly shown, but it does give the indication Ash was upset, along with the some of the audience who carries the same emotion.

That's the scene, yes. The fact that shows he could be upset is that the animators chose to include the back of his head in the scene. Why not just have the plane? Or all three of their heads? Why just Ash's? It conveys emotion, I think. Obviously him tipping his cap to hide his face would be too obvious.

As much as I'd like to believe that showing the back of his head proves that he's sad, I think it's a bit of a stretch. To me from the couple of episodes of B and W that I endured, the writers scaled back the shipping moments. In D and P we got a decent Shipping moment almost every episode. B and W focused more on the friendship aspect between Iris, Ash, and Sonic the Hedgeh... I mean Cilan. Though the shipping moments that I did see were only when Dawn came back so that's something.

Iridescence

Flare Trainer
Thank you all for the warm welcome :)

How has your perception to Pearlshipping changed over the course of the years of the show?
I believe I went from "Mehh.. they're cute" to being the hardcore shipper I am today.
Seriously, when I saw Ep. 7 of X & Y, I was screaming "NOOOO!", to my screen half the time.

Other than the obvious Lyra, I would say Zoey. I remember she had asked Dawn to travel with her up to Snowpoint City, but Dawn refused. Then Zoey was all, "Oh right, gotta stay to support Ash". I'm not sure if it went down that way exactly, though.

Last edited:

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Thank you all for the warm welcome :)

I believe I went from "Mehh.. they're cute" to being the hardcore shipper I am today.
Seriously, when I saw Ep. 7 of X & Y, I was screaming "NOOOO!", to my screen half the time.

Other than the obvious Lyra, I would say Zoey. I remember she had asked Dawn to travel with her up to Snowpoint City, but Dawn refused. Then Zoey was all, "Oh right, gotta stay to support Ash". I'm not sure if it went down that way exactly, though.

I feel you bro =( I went to the early scene of movie 12 and some fics to get back up.

I was searching for avatar so long to post here and i didn't found it fml.

PatSpitler

Pearlshipper
I was still PatSpitler mew151 just with a few different letter changes in the name but I am back and will not forget :D

do you guys think Kenny is a major off-screen threat to this ship? Or shipping wise do you think Dawn was left open-ended?

Nothing really has changed dramatically id say, like the moment DP aired Dawn already sparked interest to me from the way they introduced her and after episode 3 I was like they need to be a couple. Been hooked on since and will never cease to give up. But over the course of the series I feel the friendship and idea as an actual ship happening has only gotten stronger. After DP ended it was sad yes, but when Dawn came back in BW it brought us back to how both of them were and how we still can keep hope alive as always. I do not believe Kenny is a huge threat to this ship off screen no. Because really if you think about it, I dont think Dawn and Kenny's chemistry would last for too long. Kenny would try to annoy Dawn as much as possible. Think..how much can Dawn take of that? Yeah they are good friends and probably care about each other, but anything past that is too far. They havent spent nearly as much time together learning each other's habits and so on, they only know so little about each other whereas Ash and Dawn like KNOW each other.

As stated above other than Lyra obviously, I would say Zoey, or even any of Ash's friends in BW. They might all see it where they see how close they are and would want to push that further. But honestly I can see an adult figure like Dawn's mom or someone push it a bit. Like just stating like "You and Ash got really close over the course of your journey's..." or something along those lines and help push the ship a little bit...every little bit helps.

Now..

What do you believe Pearlshipping has over Pokeshipping, Advanceshipping or even that blahh of Amourshipping? What makes it more interesting and more likely to happen than the others?

Personally for me there's so much...Similairties between the two, onscreen chemistry how they are in sync with one another and support each other constantly...etc there's so much, what do you guys think?

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Nothing really has changed dramatically id say, like the moment DP aired Dawn already sparked interest to me from the way they introduced her and after episode 3 I was like they need to be a couple. Been hooked on since and will never cease to give up. But over the course of the series I feel the friendship and idea as an actual ship happening has only gotten stronger. After DP ended it was sad yes, but when Dawn came back in BW it brought us back to how both of them were and how we still can keep hope alive as always. I do not believe Kenny is a huge threat to this ship off screen no. Because really if you think about it, I dont think Dawn and Kenny's chemistry would last for too long. Kenny would try to annoy Dawn as much as possible. Think..how much can Dawn take of that? Yeah they are good friends and probably care about each other, but anything past that is too far. They havent spent nearly as much time together learning each other's habits and so on, they only know so little about each other whereas Ash and Dawn like KNOW each other.

As stated above other than Lyra obviously, I would say Zoey, or even any of Ash's friends in BW. They might all see it where they see how close they are and would want to push that further. But honestly I can see an adult figure like Dawn's mom or someone push it a bit. Like just stating like "You and Ash got really close over the course of your journey's..." or something along those lines and help push the ship a little bit...every little bit helps.

Now..

What do you believe Pearlshipping has over Pokeshipping, Advanceshipping or even that blahh of Amourshipping? What makes it more interesting and more likely to happen than the others?

Personally for me there's so much...Similairties between the two, onscreen chemistry how they are in sync with one another and support each other constantly...etc there's so much, what do you guys think?

They need help, they are so oblivious -_-

One isn't above the other, they are equals, in every field.
And you can say that Dawn was the most sucessfull companion so Ash probably has more admiration for her than the others.
And the large number of hints from boths sides, it isn't one-sided, the are in sync with each other, just their tag battles, they are 2X - 1 in record!

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn

Since I'm a Pearlshipper, I'd obviously think Pearlshipping's the best. Otherwise I wouldn't be supporting it.

Pokeshipping
Misty and Ash argued all the time, something that's not the case with Pearlshipping. Also, the Poke hints are kind of lop-sided. Dawn and Ash truly did get along well, while although Pokeshippers say that their ship is the best, it's mostly just one sided hints from Misty.

Advanceshipping
Pearlshipping doesn't have to deal with someone like Drew. It's pretty obvious in Spontaneous Combusken what May feels about Drew. The Contestshipping hints were far more obvious than the Penguinshipping hints in DP. AG kind of gave the vibe that May would end up with Drew, while DP implied that Dawn let Kenny down gently. Drew was also shown in May's cameo, but there was no mention on Kenny whatsoever, not even a reference to him watching Dawn compete at the Junior Cup.

Amourshipping
Completely agree with you in what you said about it in the question. It's pretty much one-sided canon on Serena's side, based on something that happened a long, long time ago. On bulbapedia, you'll find that even though people say "Oh, it's so canon", "Oh, this is the real deal" There's only one hint from Ash among the many from Serena, and the hint from Ash is from when they were childhood friends. Sure, he asked her to join them, but how else could the writers have done it? There wasn't really an opportunity for Serena to force him to let her join. I'll change my mind when they release a "High Touch" for Amourshipping, which I doubt they will.

P.S. Loved how you didn't bother with Negaishipping. Literally LOL'd when I read your question.

mew151

Thunder Trainer

Lyra/Kotone is a given, evident from her view on the 2. Zoey/Nozomi is another, considering she knew from Dawn's response after the Grand Festival, and how much she observed them when she was on-screen. Cynthia/Shirona also gave a mention to them in Dawn's last appearance in BW when she and Ash battled. I think Cilan would try to push them together, knowing how analytic he is with his "tasting time" or... whatever the other languages "translated". It really sucks that Jimmy/Kenta and Marina weren't present. I was hoping they would make an appearance with Marina cameos around, but man! What a waste of an opportunity for them to see their views of Ash and Dawn.

No comment on Amourshipping for now, as it is relatively new and needs more analysis to decide how well the coupling is. But I do want to point out that the episode from 2 weeks ago should have given Serena better screentime. But nope. It had to give Ash the most spotlight. What!?

For the other Ash couplings, they do have their distinct categories as Vintrial mentioned. But for now, one difference is known. Ash pays more attention to Dawn than anyone else. When she is depressed, he feels heartbroken. When Dawn has a performance, he's always present and close. When Ash is in peril, she's always actively there to help. This difference granted my full respect to the coupling and even if there will be a better one, I will never leave Pearlshipping as it was one of the reasons I stayed invested in Pokemon.

dechirures

Heaven Or Hell
I found an anime soundtrack collection featuring Hikari's/Dawn's theme from Pokemon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah6h6xMMUvw&feature=related

Kind of lighthearted and a bit melancholy. (holy crap I felt tears coming)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDnRP5VAeVk&feature=related

Oh, High Touch instrumental!

And for those sad...like the rest of us. High Touch full edition with Hikari and Satoshi singing. I"m also going to miss Barry too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EaHZcb3o0U&feature=related

Hey, I just found the opening theme for the 13th season where Hikari makes her own rendition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQNymaJyeXM&feature=related

This are good Sone and Hints at the same time ^

I am a Multishipping but if will be ask whats my favorite it would definitely be Pearlshipper and I would support this throughout every other ships
Deeper Bond Which I Never Seen To the Other Traveling Companion Of Ash.
They also have a lot in commonand Deeper Friendship even Admiration to each other. How they are in sync where they even make/use of each other moves i think...
They even exchange Each other Pokemon I doubt they would do that if there is no high level of trust with each other but then again Ash might trade with the others too but Dawn is the one he traded with.

I Agree with []IceArceus[/U] that Ash and Misty just argued most of the time that it became so childish I wasn't be able to stand it.

Advanceshipping i wouldn't mind it but Drew is already there for May and it seem they like each other already I can say this because like the blushing of May to Drew that they are almost close to Canon i guess....

Amourshipping I Wouldn't mind it again if its not being shove down in our throat and if they ever release a somewhat "High Touch" version of this i would most likely be more disappointed with it.

What is your favorite Pearlshipping moment?
Me? I Have tons of moment I Like so It's so hard to Choose.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Something I would like to add:
Everyone seemed to notice the deep bond between Ash and Dawn, while with the others there were people who didn't notice it. (Example: Something like Rudy in Orange island)
The girls who express some admiration towards Ash in DP were always hold back by his bond with Ash (Lyra/Angie).
Wich can't be said with other ships.

Iridescence

Flare Trainer
I have a theory as to why Dawn may come back in X & Y.

Since Serena loves fashion and clothes and all that stuff (according to Bulbapedia), and Dawn didn't return in BW2 as a Pokestylist, maybe this time around she will? Or perhaps just make an appearance in a magazine or commercial that Serena just so happens to be watching?
I could definitely see it happening, but I won't hold my breath.

What is your favorite Pearlshipping moment?
I have many, but if I absolutely had to choose, I think I'd pick that scene in M10 after Buizel waterguns Ash & Dawn onto the ledge, then Dawn loses her balance and Ash pulls her back up.
I mean, that look she gives him and then she puts her hand on top of his and they stare at eachother smiling is just so awwwww.

What do you believe Pearlshipping has over Pokeshipping, Advanceshipping or even that blahh of Amourshipping?
Let's not forget that Dawn had taught Ash moves like Spin and the Countershield, which none of the other girls ever did. And I recall Ash still using them a few times during BW.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Well Buneary's job was approached at all in BW so maybe it could this time ? (Random magazine in Lumiose and Ash shouts "IT'S DAWN!" ^^)
Sadly the countershield was only mentioned during th Dawn cameo, and it was used... by her!

Iridescence

Flare Trainer
Well Buneary's job was approached at all in BW so maybe it could this time ? (Random magazine in Lumiose and Ash shouts "IT'S DAWN!" ^^)
Sadly the countershield was only mentioned during th Dawn cameo, and it was used... by her!

Are you sure? Wow, I could've sworn Ash used it a couple times during the first few BW episodes.

Also, does anyone know where to watch Diamond & Pearl episodes subbed?

Vintrial

Whouffle.
I have un-subbed English and Dubbed Portugues only, sorry :/.
I think it only did that time yeah a lot of people *****ed about how he stop using it.

How do you see the interactions Ash/Dawn/Serena?

Iridescence

Flare Trainer
Oh, thanks anyway. It seems like subbed episodes are impossible to find. ;_;

It might be the die-hard Pearlshipper in me talking, but it feels forced to me. The flashback in Ep. 7 honestly made me cringe. FFS, Ash doesn't even hug his own mother, and the hand holding was just weird to me.
Ash doesn't even do any of those things now, even though he's more mature. How is it that young Ash could be more affectionate than the Ash we know now? Also, at that age, I thought girls had "cooties".

Last edited:

Vintrial

Whouffle.

It might be the die-hard Pearlshipper in me talking, but it feels forced to me. The flashback in Ep. 7 honestly made me cringe. FFS, Ash doesn't even hug his own mother, and the hand holding was just weird to me.
Ash doesn't even do any of those things now, even though he's more mature. How is it that young Ash could be more affectionate than the Ash we know now? Also, at that age, I thought girls had "cooties".

Sorry if this seems like bashing, I just had to let it all out. D:

Well Ash didn't even realize what he done imo xD. He doesn't even put the other arm around her like is normal in a hug. (But the new female director did a good job with that scene i got to admit, I had to re-watch some Pearl stuff lol)
I think Serena admiration for Ash is kinda of a Hero she meet while young.
Honestly Serena is the person from the group Ash interacted the least till now :S
Which can't be said from Dawn because Brock was absent expect when he stops Ash or Dawn from conforting each other >.<
Besides, Serena would die from jealousy if she saw Ash and Dawn interacting :b

No new update on pearl fics in two days now :mad:

DarkIceBubbles

Hmm Probaly dawn and ash will do the high five witch Serena get jelouse of it and later the day Serena treat hen dawn to stay away that she love home since they were little and dawn did steal him from Serena then things will get ugly. But ash don't know but he spent time with dawn and go to her contest which Serena hate cuae she might say to her self "how come he cool going to hers contest but make a big fuss about mine contest!?"

Status
Not open for further replies.