• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
It will be violent and full of scratches. No. That'll be bad.

14 episodes for XY Season 1. Odd. Looks like a new ending is near. Maybe a new opening, but they usually don't make one until near the end of the year or so, unless they're experimenting on the structure.

You guys know how in the second dp opening Misty, tracey and may appeared ?
Maybe Dawn will appear in the next openning :b

Hikatoshi26

You guys know how in the second dp opening Misty, tracey and may appeared ?
Maybe Dawn will appear in the next openning :b

well as long as the 2nd xy opening isn't like Hi touch! like most amourshippers are begging for i am ok with whatever. i like the ending its cute but a new one wont hurt.

14 episodes is odd for season 1 but maybe 15 and 16 will be a big double feature i mean alot happens in xy between the first 2 gyms.

How would Ash and Dawn spend the holidays together?

I see them moreso just relaxing i mean if i am going to stat in character then they will talk about there journies so far ovr Hot Chocolate. Serena would be jealous of it clearly Citron would be intrigued (i could see him liking Hikari) and Bonnie would be playing with Pikachu and Chespin.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
well as long as the 2nd xy opening isn't like Hi touch! like most amourshippers are begging for i am ok with whatever. i like the ending its cute but a new one wont hurt.

14 episodes is odd for season 1 but maybe 15 and 16 will be a big double feature i mean alot happens in xy between the first 2 gyms.

How would Ash and Dawn spend the holidays together?

I see them moreso just relaxing i mean if i am going to stat in character then they will talk about there journies so far ovr Hot Chocolate. Serena would be jealous of it clearly Citron would be intrigued (i could see him liking Hikari) and Bonnie would be playing with Pikachu and Chespin AND PIPLUP.

How could you forget to damm Penguim! Or maybe you did a comparation btw Chespin and Piplup, if that was soo, touche. wp).
If they give Xy a High touch with just 14 episodes i will be mad. And start claiming Amour is just Blonde-Pearlshipping!

If Ash High-fives someone (Let's say Citron) would he remember Dawn?

If he high-fives someone he will always remember her!

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<

to me of course ash will remember dawn, he always care for his close friends right?

Hikatoshi26

How could you forget to damm Penguim! Or maybe you did a comparation btw Chespin and Piplup, if that was soo, touche. wp).
If they give Xy a High touch with just 14 episodes i will be mad. And start claiming Amour is just Blonde-Pearlshipping!

If he high-fives someone he will always remember her!

Ash wouldn't hi 5 anyone else i dont believe hi fives were special to Dawn so i think it would stay that way

Vintrial

Whouffle.

Ash wouldn't hi 5 anyone else i dont believe hi fives were special to Dawn so i think it would stay that way

I can picture someone giving one that wasn't intentional and Ash, with a nostalgic look, saying something like "I had a great friend whom i used to high-five." ^^

Last edited:

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn

Definitely. They can't really show his memory on screen though. I don't know about Ash, but all the Pearlshippers in Japan would be reminded of Pearlshipping by another high five in the anime.
Oh, and if they make a High Touch style opening for Ash and Serena; well, I don't think it's going to happen. High Touch was something exclusive to Pearlshipping. It would most likely spark a revolt if that happened.

lokoduro

Shinji Time!
Pearlshipping Compilation! (v1.3)

Warning! This post is simply enormous, my biggest probably XD PREPARE YOUR EYES XDDD

lokoduro!!! How've you been? Feels like a year since your last post here. Ah, right. Forgot about the flying petals scene in the end of Movie 11. I did like ONE which was played in the end credits.

Yeah not only it feels as it is probably something more or less like that since I last posted haha. I've been good and exhausted and busy and not-that-good-at-all lol xD
Feel free to send me a vm, I am always checking for those ^^

/////////////////////

Hello again, fellow Pearlshippers! I've been a terrible co-owner as I don't post **** in god knows how much time. But I've been watching the discussion in the shadows still!

As I didn't post much, at least now this post will be huge. And will also bring loads of memories to everyone here haha

I was wondering what would be nice to give the thread some DP content. So I decided to make a Pearlshipping images compilation. I scattered through 191 episodes and the movie trilogy for the best images of our beloved pairing and here it is the result:

P.S.: Not every image is directly Pearlshipping. They are all there for Pearlshipping context, as I will also describe each section of images in spoiler tags. I divided the images so they are more or less related to the timeline of the shipping. In my belief, Pearlshipping gradually grew over the time and can be divided in several stages. That's why each one has a "title".

P.S.2: Sorry for the quality of the images and occasional subtitles.

P.S.3: This is also supposed to review DP a bit ^^

The meeting : Diamond and Pearl series beginning!

[IMGSIZE=700]http://i41.*******.com/2cibd74.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

DP003: Well, it's here where our couple first meets. Satoshi made quite an impression playing the hero once again and making Hikari look quite shocked.
(v1.3) Well, obviously this isn’t supposed to be a hint as the objective here is to introduce Satoshi’s reckless yet heroic and strong-willed personality to Hikari. Later in the series, she would admire those qualities. This topic will be addressed later on.
DP004: Not much after they met, they had a fight and one of the few also ^^ Pearlshipping is very peaceful, which I find to be awesome - harmony is definitely a quality. This episode is the first step in making SatoHika friendship deepen. To me, a fight in the very beginning can serve as a judge whether they were meant to be friends or not.
(v1.3) Also, we can’t forget the reason for the fight - it was because our couple had divergent interests and dreams: contests and battles, style and power, the prettiest and the toughest. Those goals Hikari and Satoshi sought, respectively, were just one of many aspects they complemented each other. While Hikari would endure more in her contests because of Satoshi’s flaming battle spirit, Satoshi would use Hikari’s creativity in his battle strategy to overcome the opponent with unpredictable stylish moves.

Something sparkled.

[IMGSIZE=700]http://i44.*******.com/2qbsmbt.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

DP011: This episode was iconic for being the moment when Satoshi and Hikari exchange their first high-five. Later, this would turn into some of the most important symbols of the pairing. My opinion on high-fives are that they express what I most liked about Pearlshipping : support, cooperation, mutual feelings - whether romantic or not, it doesn’t matter. High-fives can't exist without the two sides.
(v1.3) What happened in this episode was made by impulse, they made eye contact, smiled, wished each other good luck and high-fived. It came just as natural as their interactions would become.
DP016: Well, it is not directly Pearlshippy, but Hikari was trying to help Satoshi out, supporting him for the first time. She wanted to intervene in Satoshi's business with Shinji. Hikari took a defensive behaviour which would be recurrent as one saw the other being attacked or offended by someone else.

DP018: Supportive! That's how I describe Satoshi and Hikari to one and another. This episode marked the first time Hikari would dress as a cheerleader for Satoshi. She also created some moves to help Satoshi (according to raw version) win: the spin evasion! It would later be incorporated in Satoshi's standard arsenal in DP haha. This proves that they not only share loads of similarities and as a consequence we see a lot of people calling Hikari the female Satoshi, but they also completed each other with their creations and strategies.

Rivalry appears!

[IMGSIZE=700]http://i43.*******.com/w135o1.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

DP027: Many will disagree on this one, but I think rivalry is healthy for shipping as well! It helps both shippings develop, but in a way...I think Pearlshipping was the only shipping to grow much stronger because of the rivalry lol. Thanks to Penguin being one-sided "confirmed" (in the very beginning as well), we could see how Hikari would behave to it.
But as for the episode, Satoshi showed the same type of support Hikari gave him in his gym battle, and not only that: unlike in AG, he watched every of her contests and I think it was a natural way of him thanking Hikari for her support. :3
Their second high-five is exchanged and just in time for Kenny to watch it! XDDD Take that !!! XD I speculate that the way Kenny stared at Satoshi in some parts of the episode happened because he saw some chemistry between Hikari and Satoshi.

They support each other. But how do they cooperate?

[IMGSIZE=700]http://i40.*******.com/i5q6qh.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

DP029: This is a milestone for SatoHika's sync. After this episode, we know that Satoshi and Hikari form an awesome team in battles as well. It's also interesting to note that after they fight over something, they just grow much closer in that aspect. They became much more cooperative after this episode.

Movie 10 : The first and best of a shipping trilogy

[IMGSIZE=500]http://i42.*******.com/35n0f20.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

M10 was simply amazing. It also gave the pace which the next movies in the trilogy would follow. Satoshi and Hikari worked together in dangerous situations like a real team. Movies normally resolve in an epic plot and it seems that SatoHika's bond exposed by the thrills just grow tighter and more explicitly. Their feelings pass through easily when facing a big obstacle and that is also valid for the series (Hikari's downfall in early-mid DP).

As for the images, Satoshi and Hikari saved each other a couple of times during this movie. Since romance and heroism are part of the thematic of the movie, I decided to make a parallel between the two main couples in the movie: Satoshi x Hikari and Tonio x Alice.

The last row of images demonstrates how Hikari cares for Satoshi's well being, as she gets really depressed by seeing Satoshi mourning over Darkrai's death.

//add vintrial observation //

[IMGSIZE=500]http://i41.*******.com/3313h46.jpg[/IMGSIZE]
If you take the second row of images from M10-Pearlshipping and compare with Tonio and Alice scenes, you will see some similarities. Why would that be important? Well, the movie tells us about a love story between Tonio and Alice beginning with a "fake-ish" act of heroism from Tonio. As the movie continues, Tonio admits it wasn't him; even so...he could make up everything by saving her afterwards. Alice definitely liked Tonio and started admiring him more after him "legitly" saving her. While SatoHika didn't have a hug (that would be too forced for 10 year old children as naive as Satoshi and Hikari, and it's Pokemon lol XD), but they held hands emotionally. It wasn't because she would fall at some point...they really held hands in a very suggestive way! The parallel makes sense that way (look at Hikari's face and compare with Alice's face haha).

From worry to trust (Middle Early DP)

[IMGSIZE=700]http://i42.*******.com/el9pib.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

DP046: Something that would become common is one worrying for the other. Satoshi completely ignored Brock lol All DP was actually about Satoshi and Hikari , while Brock was left as the Cook, basically. It is just natural that by this formula, Satoshi would worry about Hikari being wrapped by an Onix. Interesting though is the fact that Satoshi, the denseness in person, was worrying about a girl like that. Maybe it is his way showing some interest in girls, eh? ^^

DP049: Here begins an emotional part of DP. It was the first time Hikari lost in the first round. Satoshi tried to cheer her up by registering her in the Tag Battle Tournament. Since both Satoshi and Hikari are quite innocent and oblivious, they don't know very well how to express their feelings, so it is suitable for Satoshi to do that as a form of helping out his friend in need. The thing that differentiates SatoHika from other couples was that they not only helped each other out, but crossed many lines to do that. They tried their best as if there wasn't anything else there.

DP054: They trusted each other a lot. Satoshi would probably never trade if he didn't trust Hikari fully; we all know how Satoshi is to his Pokémon.

Second time! No worries, Satoshi actually understands you :)

[IMGSIZE=700]http://i43.*******.com/15yjbzs.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

DP061: Hikari was eliminated for the second time in the first round. While Kenny didn't seem to be taking the opportunity to cheer her up (as he just accepted she was ok or decided to remain quiet), Satoshi proved to worry a lot about Hikari. Something others couldn't see, he could: she wasn't ok.
//text can still be added//

DP062: Miltank's episode. Everyone remembers this one, right?
At this time, Hikari was really down. As she struggled to cheer up, she started admiring Satoshi even more. She wanted to be like him: never give up, she saw him as an ideal person. But then the memories of the last contest stroke in her mind again - sad she was. While Satoshi didn't seem to know why she was crying, I got another theory about this one.
Satoshi knew about it all along. He is oblivious, but not stupid. Especially in DP, Satoshi was mature enough to display feelings and understand feelings and as he was the only one to notice Hikari's restrained sadness in the last episode, I really doubt he would forget it by the next episode. So I think he tried to lighten things up there. Thanks Satoshi, this really helped her. c:

Hikari : Time to repay Satoshi for helping me out.

[IMGSIZE=700]http://i44.*******.com/14mq8w2.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

DP066: Hikari was worried she was holding Satoshi back, according to her talk with Maylene. Up until now, both proved to be pretty worried about each other and that is just something unique about pearl.

DP068: In the last episode, Hikari battles Maylene to see if she can make her cheer up so that Satoshi can proceed in his journey. In this episode she wears again her cheerleader outfit so that she can support Satoshi's battle.

DP069: After making an effort to solve Satoshi's problems (yeah, I think Hikari did it :3), Brock mentioned how Hikari should be the one to be thanked (and she didn't care much about Brock saying that xDDD). The scenario changes when Satoshi agreed with Brock - she cutely blushed after being recognized by Satoshi - and I think that was one of her wishes: being sure Satoshi also acknowledged her effort to help him.

Admiration and discoveries (maybe?)

[IMGSIZE=700]http://i42.*******.com/167k16u.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

DP075: This episode always gave me a lot to think about, especially the last image. The two first images are about Hikari admiring Satoshi by the window, not much to discuss there. It is basically what I was talking about in DP62 - in her moments of sadness, she would be cheered up by seeing how Satoshi never gave up. She even said he was amazing! She always seem to be admiring Satoshi : D

As for the last picture, this was taken after Champion Wallace said something interesting (In the raw version, at least). He said that the most important thing for a trainer/coordinator was to love. Without love, your Pokémons wouldn't shine. Hikari agreed and immediately realized something and looked at Satoshi with an astonished face. Would she be recognizing a small crush on him by how she admired him? Or maybe she would be recognizing him as one of the persons who yield that power to love? Either way, I like this scene because they left it a bit unnoticed and unexplained. Satoshi looked at Hikari after this scene with a doubtful expression. The way Hikari reacted resembles pretty well her expression when Lyra asked her if Satoshi was her boyfriend.
Hmmm hmmmm what would that scene mean? Even after much thought on the entire DP saga, I still don't know haha! But looking at the bright side, that makes it even more interesting ^^

Hikari is shy, but not when she is in "danger" or scared.

[IMGSIZE=700]http://i39.*******.com/fz4sqs.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

DP82: Just as the movie proved, exposing them to scary or dangerous situations makes shipping more explicit, especially since those two are so innocent c;
The first two pics answers a bit what Lyra would ask Hikari: "Who would you choose?" Clearly, it seems Satoshi is her choice. What is more symbolic than the one that she would want to protect her?
After an episode of basically the two being together, Satoshi asks her to dance haha.
While it may not have been the best answer possible, being completely crushed by similar time in OS between Satoshi and Misty, it is not completely bad! It seems Hikari was a bit shy about the reaction of others. To be honest - I don't know what the last image really meant. Was she relieved by the fact that she could escape the dance? Or was she relieved by the fact she didn't know how to handle dancing with a boy? Or did she sigh in disappointment that Satoshi went anyway? Many possible interpretations. I think she didn't know how to handle the situation spontaneously and didn't like much that Satoshi went anyway.

M11 : Cooperate to win once again!

[IMGSIZE=500]http://i43.*******.com/r2p8ag.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

Another movie that Satoshi and Hikari were the stars, while Brock was left in the background xD
I don't have much to say about the movie actually. The images are out of order because I forgot about the last one, which is just something interesting. Satoshi saved Hikari once again, and he always seem to save her in the most suggestive ways XD

High Touch, Symbolism and defending each other verbally and physically.

[IMGSIZE=700]http://i44.*******.com/2h2nvcy.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

High Touch: Basically the Pearlshipping anthem. They talk about being there for each other,their gratitude for one and another. The song is awesome, I can't describe it here :3

DP106: Satoshi decided to defend Hikari by risking his own while Piloswine was charging against her. Quite similar to what happens in movies.
DP108: Hikari gets very angry at both Brock and the gym guy saying that Satoshi was in disadvantage in the match.

[IMGSIZE=700]http://i41.*******.com/svgm5h.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

DP113: Subtle as a real hint but very screamy as a symbol. Luvdiscs, no more words necessary haha

DP114: It's time for Satoshi to defend Hikari when Ursula offended her.

The rivals reappear!

[IMGSIZE=700]http://i41.*******.com/1y7dis.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

DP123: This episode may seem very Penguinshippy, but to be honest...for me it just reassures the obvious: Kenny likes Hikari haha. As for Pearlshipping, Hikari would dedicate the contest win to Satoshi. :3 But she lost, epic fail loloolol. The images I put are actually very subtle may-be-hints from Satoshi's side. Hikari was flattered by Kenny saying she was his objective, Satoshi looked a bit jelly!? (Check the images). I don't know, he didn't seem very fond of the sentence whatsoever (look at his face). He then suggested Hikari should overcome him then! I think he was very subtly jealous and that is just great considering how Satoshi is.

DP133: Satoshi's rival destroyed him, literally lol. Hikari made a weird play to cheer Satoshi up. It was very awkward, but the intention is what counts. Satoshi enjoyed it, and I think Hikari made that as she cannot express herself so well, just as Satoshi can't went it comes to feelings. It's cute (in her way), you know?

M12: Partnership and Innocence

[IMGSIZE=500]http://i41.*******.com/mr8svt.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

I actually won't say much about the movie again. Firstly because my memory is quite rusty, I already remember too much about DP (everything I typed here I know by head). Secondly because the movie reassures what the other two already did which is very welcomed :)

It just again comes to my mind that they are soul mates :3 They just work too well when they cooperate. <3 The way they played with each other is what I would expect from a couple that is quite dense and don't even realize how close they are to each other c;

Kotone, the Pearl Cupid.

[IMGSIZE=500]http://i43.*******.com/2u4hbsx.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

DP144: These HGSS series here were just awesome, shipping-wise. Not only the writers made a parallel between the two couples in the group but also made Kotone realize about it, so that it isn't just external to the anime but an internal conclusion! As for the episode, remember what I said about DP075 X DP144 haha I actually don't think Hikari was lying about never giving the relationship a thought though. She was being honest and it is quite in-character of her. She is quite dense (as much as Satoshi in my opinion), so she probably never gave it a real thought. That's what Kotone was there for; she made Hikari wake up, at least a bit.

DP145: This episode is the second in these series of shippiness. In this one, Kotone tests out how switching couples would work. While it seemed that they worked out pretty well, Satoshi and Hikari entered in an argument xD Satoshi wassn't very fond the other couple was doing well and decided to go ahead and woops: almost died! XD This argument was about why was he so reckless when it comes to pokemon.Satoshi responded to Hikari that she didn't know him that well and then the argument got worse. Kotone noticed how much they liked each other by that small fight (Hikari was angry Satoshi could get hurt by being reckless). Kotone also realizes that maybe she and Kazunari are also somewhat of a couple. Then in the same episode, the switched couples are separated and *drums* the original couples are back together. As you can all see, by the third image Hikari saw Satoshi in the dark and was relieved, just as Kazunari could find Kotone. Symbolic, to say the least - the couples were now back to where they belonged.

DP146: Kotone tries to tease Satoshi now. Since he is all dense, he didn't get why Kotone asked him if Hikari looked pretty. Kotone was disappointed, but then Brock added that Hikari also didn't understand the tease. Once again, SatoHika exchange a high-five. They were just so into each other that they didn't even bother external observations. After that, Kotone smiled saying they liked each other. By this point, she realized that her efforts to unite the two would be in vain for the time being. They were just too dense, too innocent for that now...but Kotone was certain that they would realize that they were made for each other one day (like soul mates haha). One of the reasons to make it more believable is that Satoshi actually said Hikari was the best, even if it isn't the word PRETTY it is very close when it comes to Satoshi.

DP147: This shipping overdose ends in a high note. Kotone realizes she may hold feelings for Kazunari, she recognizes that SatoHika is indeed strong as she can relate their possible love with hers and Kazunari's. And we get a tag battle, with the right couples this time. SatoHika wins and displays how strong their bond is.

Support to the limits

[IMGSIZE=500]http://i42.*******.com/kbbwwy.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

DP154: Another support episode and an underrated one! Hikari probably wasted her night's sleep to make the "silver dust" to help Satoshi in his training.And everything suggested they stayed the whole night awake so that Gliscor could learn everything about the wind.I can just imagine how romantic it was :3 Oh and Piplup wasn't even there! The two there alone in the wind by the moon's light <3
DP161: Satoshi was worried about Hikari's state after she fell unconscious. When she woke up, Satoshi received her with hot milk. Even being Brock's idea, Hikari was all over thanking Satoshi haha.
Another high-five is exchanged by the end of the episode, as a celebration for her passing through the appeal round.

Decision times! Rivals vs. Satoshi!

I didn't put Grand Festival here, but it is valid to say Satoshi was just as supportive as Hikari was during the League. But there are more important episodes here.

[IMGSIZE=500]http://i44.*******.com/24mvud0.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

DP177: The Grand Festival ended and so did Hikari's journey. The history repeat itself: During BF, May was invited to go to Johto by Drew, she refused for the time being to finish watching Satoshi's final Frontier Brain challenge. But she went to Johto afterwards, meaning she wanted to go before. Similarly, Hikari refuses Nozomi's request to go to Snowpoint with her. The only real difference is that she didn't have plans to follow Nozomi afterwards. She actually could have stayed with Satoshi if it wasn't for the Pokelist thing and her mom. Seriously, she should have stayed quiet.
Nozomi was the first rival to "fall" (no offense intended, just for analysis purpose).
DP179: Hikari dresses up again for Satoshi's last gym battle.

DP180: This episode. This episode. This episode made people flip up tables and break everything XD In all honesty, this episode was a WIN, not a LOSS.
The images in the second row are self-explanatory(ish).
The first image is not Pearlshipping (obvious) but it is supposed to give context to the episode. Kenny wanted to battle for Hikari (he wanted to bet a girl in a battle, way to go xD). Satoshi was just dense as always and Hikari is dense but not that dense, mainly because even if people claim her to be female Satoshi, she is still FEMALE first, so she is more aware than him just as others girls are as well. She got what Kenny meant, probably (very probably). Although, she didn't say she would take that possibility in consideration(I mean, using the battle as a judge).
Later, Hikari was telling Jasmine about something "personal" (as described by her), you would think it was about Kenny...but NO. Apparently it wasn't! XDD She just said she wanted to become a Top Coordinator, but for now she was just thinking about cheering for Satoshi. She also mentioned she didn't know what she would do after. Kenny was stalking her(as per usual) and Brock tried to help him out because he probably identifies Kenny as the underdog, just as Ol' Brock always is.
The first image of the second row was how Satoshi was taking the battle: as training. It is one of the reasons why I really didn't like Brock's behavior, he just hid everything under the curtain and Satoshi was unaware the battle meant something more, he wouldn't be so reckless otherwise. It didn't really work out for Kenny anyway, so I won't complain.
The last image closes the chapter in my opinion. Hikari was quite sad Satoshi lost, so I really don't know how this episode could be anti-Pearl. It was all screaming Pearl and Hikari's preference for Satoshi! The "handsome" comment is just a dub edit. It didn't make sense at all in the context. The original says "kinda cool" and this could just suggest she wanted to make him feel a little better, she isn't the mean type after all. ^^ Her decision seems a lot clearer by the last episode of DP or by the post-DP episodes. She didn't even remember about Kenny's request haha
VERY different from May's reactions and intentions and the almost canon Contestshipping(I am sorry, advancedshippers...but this was VERY SHOVED on our faces).
So yeah, I got enough reasons to not face Penguin as the new Contestshipping or murderer of Pearl. Plus I think Hikari really didn't like the whole Pikari/Dee-Dee thing, it traumatized her.

Horrayz for Pearl, I think we won!
Hikari's admiration, gratitude (and maybe passion?) for Satoshi was stronger in this war.

The Final Showdown. The League!

[IMGSIZE=500]http://i42.*******.com/2hyifrb.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

DP185: Hikari dressed up Piplup to cheer for Satoshi. I think she was a bit embarrassed (remember what I said about the dance episode?) about what others would think of her dressing ALONE as a cheerleader for Satoshi haha.
DP185-8: Her expressions here are golden and there are plenty of them. I wouldn't put everything here.
Meanwhile, she isn't really thinking about her future anymore lol Hikari enters a "don't care mode" to the world when it comes to Satoshi.
DP189: She does an in-anime High Touch scene; she wants Satoshi to go forwards, but states that she supports him still. They end up laughing together. :3

Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond!

[IMGSIZE=800]http://i42.*******.com/5a25mq.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

First of all, the title of the episode is the title of the section for a good reason: It is simply amazing as a title. It also describes very well SatoHika. Notice the word "friendship" not "friendships". The memories are precious just like pearls, not only for us (and a LOT for me, I always get teary in this episode) but for Satoshi and Hikari. They will never forget what they've been through together. Their friendship is eternal or unbreakable as a Diamond.

As for the episode itself, Hikari didn't have plans to leave the group. Satoshi actually suggested that they could go to Pallet and she liked the idea. Unfortunately, plot device came and random Pokelist stuff came with it.
The first image shows how her first Pokemon (that was as close to her as Pikachu was to Satoshi) felt about the separation. Hikari was definitely sad and her Pokemon transmitted that. Actually, she could endure it pretty well till the last scenes.
In the second image, she asked Satoshi to wait a bit before getting in the boat and raised her hand for their last high-five. Satoshi smiled widely. Not much after the boat started to move, she got depressed (just as Piplup did before).However, she could be cheered up by Satoshi screaming her name and her catchphrase. My favorite shot of Hikari in DP comes next; her smile simply won the day as she tried to run for the boat and screaming good luck to everyone. And that is how DP ended and our Pearlshipping came to a close ^^ I can't deny the story had many chapters and each one enhanced their bond one way or another. I was satisfied by all the content, even though I still find it quite sad that they are now separated, which isn't what soul mates are supposed to be :c
But as I think they are soul mates, they will definitely cross paths again and when the time comes, they will realize this "almost spiritual" bond they share.

But for now, let pearls be their memories of each other and let their friendship be preserved as a diamond.

////////////////////////////////////

Well, that's it. For anyone could read the entire thing, my sincere thanks. It was a pleasure doing this for my OTP.

by lokoduro

NOTE 1

This one has to be in bold so that everyone reads:
Lately,I've been seeing some one-liners on the thread.So please,as my humble request,avoid one-lining.It only contributes to your post count,but not to the thread :/
I know I don't post here much anymore(or at all),but when I did I tried my best to put lots of content into posts.
I expect that everyone here honour the thread reputation ^^
Don't make me warn twice

NOTE 2

And since the huge spoiler post didn't include any questions,i will suggest a topic now:

Topic : From all the moments described in this compilation,which one is your favorite and why?(If it isn't included here,then please elaborate more about the moment and put the episode number on it).
It may also be more than one,suit yourself.

NOTE 3

OBS: ANY SUGGESTION ABOUT THE TEXT,THE IMAGES,JUST VM ME ^^
I plan to post a cleaner version on Tumblr!I will edit this post when I eventually do it.

NOTE 4

Mew151,as you are an old known member here,keep the thread in check for me if I vanish again.Keep the discussion pearlshippy and not-onelinish.I am counting on you ^^
You can also vm me if you see too much onelining.

FINAL NOTE

Sheesh...it took me some hours to make this post whole.
Well,for all pearlshippers I wish you merry christmas and a happy new year :D Since Idk if I will post before those ^^

EDIT NOTE 1
I am very glad for your feedback,Paty-chan :3
I will defo make some adjustments to enhance to content in a later date ^^ After I finish Bioshock2 even if it is bugged as hell
BTW I LOVE YOUR COMIC <3

EDIT NOTE 2

Well, I am adding a Changelog because I may turn this into a full structured text sometime in the future. For now, I see it as a bunch of mini texts randomly thrown there haha

Changelog - Current version : v1.3
v1.3: Some text was added and tagged as “(v1.3)”, some corrections that passed unnoticed in the last revision.
v1.2: Grammar correction, typos correction, small changes in vocabulary and syntax.
v1.1: Edit notes, Changelog addition
v1.0 : Base text, images and Notes 1 to Final

Last edited:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ SCREAAAAAAMS I LOVE YOU LOKO

i know i haven't posted here in like a year maybe?? several months??? BU T LOKO WARNED ME ABOUT THIS AND-

YOU DIDN'T DISSAPOINT, MAN

i couldn't stop smiling. seriously. i'm going to link it to the first post, i swear.

From all the moments described in this compilation,which one is your favorite and why?(If it isn't included here,then please elaborate more about the moment and put the episode number on it).

is it too easy to say all are my favorites? because they are. buuuut if i had to choose some, they'd be (using your super cute titles hehe):

The meeting, the beginning (i love how you explain the importance of their first fight. it really does set the gears going for their quickly forming relationship, and i love that.)

Something sparkled. (what can i say? first high five, first cheerleading routine? a definite favorite.)

They support each other. But how do they cooperate? (THIS EPISODE WAS THE START OF THEIR PERFECT COMBINATION/PARTNERSHIP YOOO)

The first and best of a shipping trilogy (this movie had some iconic pearlshipping scenes, and featured both ash AND dawn as the heroes from beginning to end. c: )

Cooperate to win once again! (MAINLY FOR THE FLOWER PETAL SCENE <333)

High Touch!, Symbolism and defending each other verbally and physically. (oh High Touch. High Touch, High Touch, High Touch.. what would satohika be without you, you perfect song?)

Partnership and Innocence (do i even need to explain this one lmao)

Kotone the Pearl Cupid (the way you carefully explain the meaning of kotone and her actions towards pearlshipping is just amazing. perfect analysis, making use of all the details and personal theories to make reasonable conclusions. i just love the kotone arc for all it brought to the shipping scene <3)

Support to the limits (the gliscor ep!! i cannot stress enough how important that scene is to me. the fact that hikari was so considerate and thoughtful to help him train gliscor, ON HER OWN WITHOUT PIPLUP WITH HER(!!!), is just- it speaks volumes how much she cares about him. it's such an underrated scene...and the fact that they were alone for most of the night besides pika and gli makes me squeal endlessly.)

Memories are Pearls! Friendship is a Diamond! (oh god, this episode. the conclusion to the overarching pearlshipping story, leaving many sad but somehow satisfied, especially with that last scene with the high five, hikari's almost breakdown, and ash's last words to her being her catchphrase right before he leaves for other adventures. truly adorable to the max <3)

ALSO SINCE I'M HERE I might as well share this short comic i drew a week or so ago for tumblr lol

[spoil][/spoil]

look what you did loko. you brought me back to life only to kill me again gdi

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Omg that post o.o
If you were really not posting for a very long time like you said, you paid or debt lol. Your post is better than all mine combined ^^'

From all the moments described in this compilation,which one is your favorite and why?(If it isn't included here,then please elaborate more about the moment and put the episode number on it).

The meeting, the beginning - What is more to say? Dawn saved Pikachu, who else can say that ? And well, the image you posted, she seems as much worried for Ash as a certain blonde girl who has a crush on him.

Second time!No worries,Satoshi actually understands you - This is the moment that Ash was most sad and didn't include pokemons, Ash really cared for Hikari, as a extent, as much as he did for Pikachu.

Movie 10 : The first and best of a shipping trilogy - This movie made want to ship pearl, I would only add one thing that what you said that was, in the ending of the movie, Ash looks at Dawn while everyone looks to Darkrai, and he happy, happy she wasn't sad anymore.

mew151

Thunder Trainer
Yo, loko. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Seems you're pretty occupied for a good number of months. Hope everything is good on your end there.

From all the moments described in this compilation, which one is your favorite and why?

I pretty much posted my thoughts when I made my top 11 list, and these pretty much hold most if not all the episodes I picked. Wait. That's not true. Question. What are your thoughts on Dawn's appearances during the Best Wishes series?

Great to see you again too, Yuppirox. Hope you are well.

ImperialFlygon

Sit. Down.
Hi, I'm IceArceus' brother.

When I got into Pokemon, I quickly became a Pearlshipper, but soon I became an Advanceshipper and eventually an Amourshipper. But I soon realised that once you became a Pearlshipper,deep down, you always will be a Pearlshipper and quickly realised it was the ship for me. I got back into it via my sister IceArceus. Obviously she influenced me a lot as she wrote her Pearlshipping fanfics. Slowly and slowly she made me believe in Pearlshipping once more, and with my newfound faith, I joined Serebii.

What do I like about Pearlshipping?
Its always attracted me, because of the inseparable bond they have. Ash and Dawn have always been together in tough times and they've always gotten through.

My favourite Pearlshipping moment
For me, it has always been in Rise of Darkrai. I think it reflects the ship. Sometimes it nearly falls, when under other threats, but it always comes up to rise again. It reminds us of the many times, when they have saved each others' lives, with each time strengthening this unbreakable bond.

mew151

Thunder Trainer
ImperialFlygon, welcome to the Pearlshipping thread. Most appreciated on sharing your thoughts as a great introduction to yourself.

Any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to share.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
New faces and old faces in this two days, really some activity not expected around here ^^
Welcome aboard!

How can you see some possible hint in a "eventual" (Not likely but still) Dawn cameo?

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn
Looks like the big guns are back. (At least for a while). I was like "Whoah" when I saw posts from lokoduro and Yuppirox. I've missed alot from being away for a day.

Right. My favourites from the compilation are:
3. Their first high five.
They just did it on impulse. There was no discussion about it. The first of many to come. I completely agree with lokoduro about how a high five requires both sides; a mutual trust and friendship. Without one side, a high five isn't a high five, is it?

2. M11 Flower petal scene.
Oh, that scene was so romantic. It reflects exactly the song "ONE" where it says there are a thousand petals raining down on them. Some say that it's about Ash and Shaymin, but the petals aren't exactly raining on Shaymin. It's also a continuation of the M10 song "Where the lost ones go." Where the "wind" that blows the two apart is a continued theme. But the scene is one of my favourites. No dialogue is even required to make that moment shippy. It's undeniable.

3.M10
The Rise of Darkrai scene. It's the scene that made me discover Pearlshipping. Like lokoduro said, the part where Dawn smiles gratefully at Ash, that part is not something the writers HAD to put in. She's obviously already been saved, since they're both steadily on the top by then. You can see that she grasps his hand tighter, so its an actual hint, not just him HAVING to save her life. And I have to say, I never noticed the parallels between Pearlshipping and AlicexTonio in that movie. So thanks for revealing that to me.

How can you see some possible hint in a "eventual" (Not likely but still) Dawn cameo?

Hmm. I could see Dawn ans Ash re tightening their bond. Another High Five would be essential if Dawn made a cameo. Serena would be like "What's going on?" and her inevitable jealousy would highlight Pearl.

Has there been any hint of a Pearlshipping comeback on the Japanese front? Like Piplup references? In anything?
I know the Japanese always get the first hints of anything.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<

i might be thinking could dawn visit lumiose city in kalos, if that happens she might be in a shop looking for girly outfits. then ash might think that its dawn.

PokemonJesus123

The Pokémon Punk

I can see Dawn making a flashback cameo at best...Like Ash mentions her to being one of his close friends or something.
It would be awesome if he mentions how much she cheer-led him during his Sinnoh Gym battles LOL

ImperialFlygon

Sit. Down.
I don't think its much of a coincidence that Professor Sycamore is Professor Rowan's student. Perhaps Professor Rowan might visit, and Dawn might come with him as well.
We've seen Charizard come back in Adventures in Unova, so why couldn't Dawn come back as well?

Vintrial

Whouffle.
For the first pont, i can see he appearing in Kalos via 3 things, the first one is "buneary job", secondly being amazed by the "capital" of fashion of the pokemon world Lumiose, and third some Wallace-cup-ish' thingy.
As for the hints, Serena getting jealous is a must (Since she likes Ash).
But (less-likely) bonding time between Ash and Hikari, ignoring the other 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.