• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn
Hey PokemonJesus123! You're here! It's nice to see you.

Dawn could come back. After all, the Wallace Cup in Johto is only a one time thing. It's not like May, who is travelling in Johto at the moment. Even if people say that being sent to Johto is basically saying that a character is no longer going to appear, Dawn is technically in Sinnoh. Remember she says to Cynthia: "See you back in Sinnoh!". Don't know what she's doing there though. She's already given the Sinnoh Grand Festival a shot. So she could appear in Kalos. And the 14 episode thing is a bit weird. It could mean there might be cameos from other characters too, since they're already breaking the usual Pokemon rules. I don't think the writers would drop Pearl after so much development.

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu
The other Horrible Co-owner comes back from the shadows xD, I feel in the mood to talk so lol:

Topic : From all the moments described in this compilation,which one is your favorite and why?

I could say that all of them are my favorite but that would not add anything to the discussion right now, wouldn't it? Therefore, I have to choose the one from Movie 10 based on nostalgia right now. Why Nostalgia? Well I remember quite fondly when I was watching the dub of DP, back in a time where I did not knew that the Japanese version existed. Pearlshipping kinda intrigued me a little; as a result, I was kinda following those first DP episodes in English for any bit of hint just to ignite that spark of interest towards the whole concept of the pairing. To my luck Movie 10 was airing that night, I went to see it without having any hopes for something to happen because alas it was a movie and you cannot take anything for granted in them. Then the scene where Dawn falls off and Ash catches her happens, that overwhelming sensation that was felt when I saw that for the first time is still difficult to explain to this date but I know that I had one of the biggest smiles I could have ever produced in my life. Afterwards, I wanted to find out more about our lovely pairing and got to know about the Japanese version, more info about shipping in general and the existence of these forums. I could gladly say that Pearlshipping and Movie 10 played a really positive role in the grand scheme of the things that have transpired, I owe a lot to both of them.

How can you see some possible hint in a "eventual" (Not likely but still) Dawn cameo?

If that happens, I want the hints to come because of jealousy. xD As we all know if Serena's (kinda obvious) infatuation towards Ash, that can works towards Pearlshipping favor if Dawn comes back for a cameo. She can notice the infatuation and starts to get jealous and can hopefully start like a love triangle between the three of them with Ash being oblivious from the start. It has potential to be reallt entertaining and can give a lot of character development out there for our 3 characters (I know is unlikely but I cannot stop from imagining it xD).

Also, as my co-partner in crime Loko stated please refrain the use of one-liners. It ruins the fun of the overall discussion so keep it to a none-existing minimum please :C, this was a warning provided by the ever-friendly super awesome irresponsible co-owner Wil. Now let's continue to have fun with the discussion.

Last edited:

Hikatoshi26

I must say it is pretty cool to see the founders come back to our humble forum been some time indeed. I do find it odd that noone shares my love for DP 094 Doc Brock in which the majority of the episode is Satoshi and Hikari playing house and taking care of the pokemon with Takeshi gone to get supplies. It had it all, Hikari in an apron, a small bicker between the two, Hikari scolding Satoshi for sleeping, and they had to take care of an unwell child (Pachirisu). I love that episode in Pearl it was truly one of a kind.

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn
I must say it is pretty cool to see the founders come back to our humble forum been some time indeed. I do find it odd that noone shares my love for DP 094 Doc Brock in which the majority of the episode is Satoshi and Hikari playing house and taking care of the pokemon with Takeshi gone to get supplies. It had it all, Hikari in an apron, a small bicker between the two, Hikari scolding Satoshi for sleeping, and they had to take care of an unwell child (Pachirisu). I love that episode in Pearl it was truly one of a kind.

Oh yes I loved that episode. It's the one that Pearlshippers tend to forget. They were like a little family, and the part I liked most in particular is the part where Dawn is holding Pachirisu in her arms while Ash is consulting the map. It was like they were mother and father. And there was no Brock to kill the Pearlshipping.

Hihiroshi

<- Waifu

Of course, not going to neglect that episode :3. Like you said it contained a lot of good stuff that could have happened if Satoshi traveled with Hikari only during the travels throughout Sinnoh. That's how I view the episode, as something that could had a lot of potential if it happened from the start. Although, I don't how things actually transpired but heh, I can still imagine how different the Sinnoh adventure could had been if it was only them and at least that episode showed us a bit of that which made it a really good one that should be noted.

I also like to point out on DP 154 showed how really supported Hikari was towards Satoshi and his goal. She stayed all night helping Satoshi practice with Glion (Gliscor) until sunrise and it shows to what length she goes in supporting him. Granted it could be viewed as something a "friend" will do help one in need but Takeshi was sound asleep all night and I think all of us won't deny their friendship, just that is something you wouldn't do with any kind of friend.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Well in the manga version they travell alone (Did that arrive already Hikatoshi?)

The Gliscor episode, they stay up all night under the starts and the moon, with sparkling tin foil floating in the air, yeah, such "friends" material LOL :D

The episode before the goodbyes ( The Brockster is in if i remember correctly) they also acted a lot as a couple, they were always together and were always following the other one.

Hikatoshi26

Well in the manga version they travell alone (Did that arrive already Hikatoshi?)

The Gliscor episode, they stay up all night under the starts and the moon, with sparkling tin foil floating in the air, yeah, such "friends" material LOL :D

The episode before the goodbyes ( The Brockster is in if i remember correctly) they also acted a lot as a couple, they were always together and were always following the other one.

No the manga hasn't come in yet. I ordered it off Amazon.jp it should be here between the 24th and 27th or so. I will happily report when I get it.

The Brockster is in is also a good episode just not the first one that comes in mind for me lol. I would love for Dawn's possible cameo to have a Ash and Dawn only episode or at least moment where it is just them two.

lokoduro

Shinji Time!
Guess I am now active again oO
Woaahhhhh. Seems like activity is exploding as well!
And woah yet again. Me, Wil and Pat in the last two pages? XDDD That is impossibrooo!

Well, now for "small" post again.

Before I get to the main content, I welcome our new member, ImperialFlygon!

About the compilation:

Well,I've edited to add a changelog to it.Since I plan to post a much cleaner version as a complete text in tumblr,this will be handy.
Also,for those who have already read it,it will be useful since I will be tagging each paragraph added with the version that added it.So you all won't have to read through everything again.I am adding each observation you guys made that I found interesting to.Special Thanks to Hikatoshi.I completely forgot the Pachi episode.

Replies to people:

IceArceus said:
Looks like the big guns are back. (At least for a while). I was like "Whoah" when I saw posts from lokoduro and Yuppirox. I've missed alot from being away for a day.

The big guns, she says Hahahaha xD
Thanks for the compliment(about the post)!

IceArceus said:
They just did it on impulse.

Yes,exactly what was missing in my post.They did on impulse!
I will add that in a future revision.

IceArceus said:
2. M11 Flower petal scene.
Oh, that scene was so romantic. It reflects exactly the song "ONE" where it says there are a thousand petals raining down on them. Some say that it's about Ash and Shaymin, but the petals aren't exactly raining on Shaymin. It's also a continuation of the M10 song "Where the lost ones go." Where the "wind" that blows the two apart is a continued theme. But the scene is one of my favourites. No dialogue is even required to make that moment shippy. It's undeniable.

Oh interesting about the songs.I never stayed to watch the credits ;///; I guess I might watch those movies again.I am glad I got them stored in my pc :3
Also,I need to add text to those movies.My memory didn't help me find good words to describe them.

IceArceus said:
3.M10
The Rise of Darkrai scene. It's the scene that made me discover Pearlshipping. Like lokoduro said, the part where Dawn smiles gratefully at Ash, that part is not something the writers HAD to put in. She's obviously already been saved, since they're both steadily on the top by then. You can see that she grasps his hand tighter, so its an actual hint, not just him HAVING to save her life. And I have to say, I never noticed the parallels between Pearlshipping and AlicexTonio in that movie. So thanks for revealing that to me.

As a matter of fact,I discovered it recently while I was reviewing images to put in my compilation.It does seem like it was meant to be,you know?
What is funny though is that while I observing those scenes,I noticed how the childhood scene from Tonio x Alice resembles Serena's flashback.Pokemon writers always showing creativy xD Seriously,it was basically a copy and paste xD

IceArceus said:
Dawn could come back. After all, the Wallace Cup in Johto is only a one time thing. It's not like May, who is travelling in Johto at the moment. Even if people say that being sent to Johto is basically saying that a character is no longer going to appear, Dawn is technically in Sinnoh. Remember she says to Cynthia: "See you back in Sinnoh!"

Actually,from what I know she is in Hoenn,not Sinnoh ^^ Cynthia probably said that because they live in Sinnoh.Or it is another plothole that writers just love to introduce,especially when it comes to a season as frail as BWS2.I wouldn't bet she came back from Hoenn already.

About her situation:
I don't know,while her situation may be different from May's,she still is another past Pokegirl.Pokemon anime doesn't treat them so well :/

By the way,I would double check the 14 episode thing.It seems fishy somehow.

Hihiroshi said:
The other Horrible Co-owner comes back from the shadows xD, I feel in the mood to talk so lol

WIL YOU ARE BACK WOOHOOO Honestly,I wasn't expecting that xD

Hihiroshi said:
Then the scene where Dawn falls off and Ash catches her happens, that overwhelming sensation that was felt when I saw that for the first time is still difficult to explain to this date but I know that I had one of the biggest smiles I could have ever produced in my life.

That sensation hard for you to describe is just what I felt when I watched M10 for the first time.I couldn't stop smiling.

Hihiroshi said:
If that happens, I want the hints to come because of jealousy. xD As we all know if Serena's (kinda obvious) infatuation towards Ash, that can works towards Pearlshipping favor if Dawn comes back for a cameo. She can notice the infatuation and starts to get jealous and can hopefully start like a love triangle between the three of them with Ash being oblivious from the start. It has potential to be reallt entertaining and can give a lot of character development out there for our 3 characters (I know is unlikely but I cannot stop from imagining it xD).

YES,jealousy being followed by the formation of a love triangle.

Satoshi x Hikari x Serena for OT3!!!!
Let the crack begin!

Hikatoshi26 said:
I must say it is pretty cool to see the founders come back to our humble forum been some time indeed. I do find it odd that noone shares my love for DP 094

Thanks xD It seems I am staying for a bit more than expected.
OMFG I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THAT EPISODE ;///; Sorry,I shall add it to the compilation for v1.3
I actually simply forgot it...but I agree it is one of a kind as an episode.They act like an unexperienced couple taking care of their child :3

Hihiroshi said:
Like you said it contained a lot of good stuff that could have happened if Satoshi traveled with Hikari only during the travels throughout Sinnoh.

I can't even imagine how awesome it would be with the two alone haha x)
Brock acted like a wall.Pink Floyd was probably referring to the future when they released their album "The Wall" lololololl

Hihiroshi said:
I also like to point out on DP 154 showed how really supported Hikari was towards Satoshi and his goal. She stayed all night helping Satoshi practice with Glion (Gliscor) until sunrise and it shows to what length she goes in supporting him. Granted it could be viewed as something a "friend" will do help one in need but Takeshi was sound asleep all night and I think all of us won't deny their friendship, just that is something you wouldn't do with any kind of friend.

These are two underrated episodes that shows SatoHika alone for good!
The second one,as Wil said, shows just how much Hikari will do to help Satoshi.And it's one of the things I find ultra cute about the shipping.It is just natural for them to do that.They don't realize how close they can get because they are all a bit dense,aww :3

Replies to topics:

Topic : From all the moments described in this compilation,which one is your favorite and why?

LOL Since I am replying to my own topic and I describe the scenes already.I will just point out my favs and briefly say why.

Something Sparkled.

The title explains the reason why.

M10 : The first and the best in the movie trilogy

You all probably saw how deep I went in analysis.That is because it is such an awesome movie for Pearl,many content and quality content.

Lyra,The Pearl Cupid.

It was a shipping overdose!
I found it nice how they made two couples progress together.And not only that,having someone in-anime that can be said to be a notable Pearlshipping is also nice.

There are more,but I will end it here ^^

How can you see some possible hint in a "eventual" (Not likely but still) Dawn cameo?

Very unlikely it is.But may Piplup be still very marketable! XD
Possible hints,they will obviously do their traditional high-five.Serena will probably be wondering who is this "girl" XD And there comes a lot of jealousy with it :3 Other than that,I won't be very optimistic.Since cameos don't give much background for hints to be contextualized,I don't know if I can hope for much more.

In this topic,I recently made a very crappy drawing(because Idk how to draw,basically) about Pearlshipping.Obviously,I don't expect this to happen in the anime.But it would be nice if this happened.

[IMG300]http://24.media.tumblr.com/f6cc69649806d5eedb06f9f45579f6cf/tumblr_mxzk57whIX1smzbwro1_1280.jpg[/IMG300]

P.S.: I am not trying to start a war,so sorry for anything you might find offensive,amourshippers. :) I laughed hard doing this though.Serena is always getting trolled even though I feel bad for her and like her,its damn funny XDDD
P.S.2: It was a bday present as you can see in the sig.Hope you don't mind me posting here,Pat

Misc.:

OHHH I saw you guys were talking about the manga lately.As a matter of fact,I have the two volumes already xD
Although,it is good that another person is getting them as well.I found it very tiring to translate it all.But I did for like 4 chapters(they are scattered across the thread).
Now that I have someone to help me,I may continue the manga translation.
>.<
Do you know Japanese,Hikatoshi?

pokemongeof

Hey guys! Remember me? That guy who is really busy? Yeah, playing many fighting games, watching Fairy Tail (and somewhat shipping dat), and especially life, I am still alive, and still Pearlshipping. Gotta really write a fanfic b4 New Years Day.

Anyways, the question...

well, obviously Dawn visiting Kalos. She's only going to Johto for one contest, and what's she to do after that? take a trip to the new region, and bump into ash once again is what she should do!
Seriously, other shippers can agree that the Friendship between Ash and Dawn is special, probably the strongest out of all the ships. Plus, no other ship has so many hints!

Well, thats an update for now. When I finish my fanfic, i'll let u guys know!

PEACE!

Hikatoshi26

Misc.:

OHHH I saw you guys were talking about the manga lately.As a matter of fact,I have the two volumes already xD
Although,it is good that another person is getting them as well.I found it very tiring to translate it all.But I did for like 4 chapters(they are scattered across the thread).
Now that I have someone to help me,I may continue the manga translation.
>.<
Do you know Japanese,Hikatoshi?

I do know it but im not fluent.much better at reading than speaking but i have a ton of books for reference lol.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
First of all, merry christmas, even if you don't celebrate it.

Second, another holiday topic.

What's your favorite christmas(or just winter) pearlshipping fan-art and/or fan-fic?

BlueDragonfangirl

I wish Dawn would make a cameo in X and Y, man seeing Serena jealous over Ash / Dawn's relationship would be awesome :D

I'm talking for both pairings HA.

I feel like watching movie 10 now seeing that image :(
I'd say that had one of the biggest hints.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
oops almost forgot the greeting merry christmas everyone

and did i mention my favorite moment anyway here it is

the time when ash and dawn get to swim, i think that was in the movie. for me it was my favorite since ash and dawn seem to enjoy their time together on that, and it also looks like dawn was having fun while splashing water on ash, i can say both of them seem to get along very well on that scene.

⊱✿RedAshEntropy

· MultiShipper ·
You know, I actually thought of of this scenarion, Ash suddenly got cold and Dawn gives her scarf to Ash. While Ash smiles and replied with a simple Thank you..XD Anyways, Merry Christmas everyone!

IcyWish

Puella Magi
Merry Christmas! I'm a bored pokeshipper poking my head at this thread, don't mind me ^.^ If anyone wants to debate on the quality of hints and such, sure thing (In PM).... because I'm just bored :)
It'd be nice to have both Dawn and Misty back into the series making cameos. Goodbye for now. *exits quietly*

DarkIceBubbles

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!!! I can't believe it christmas so that mean... I think I should do a chirstmas special fan made pokemon story with everyone in kalos (even if this for pearlshipping only..... ._.)

One breezy day in kalos, ash, Serena, Bonny, and 4 unenspected surprise guest: misty, may, dawn and iris join inside the pokemon center.
Serena: i just talk to nurse joy she said that this always happen but base on the power, all the roads are close.
Ash: soooo we will be here for??
Serena: about 4 to 10 days.....
Misty: WHAT!!
May and Dawn: what about about the grand festival?!?!
Serena: don't worry about the festival they will rearrange.
Iris: soo what should we do now?
Dawn: I need to call my mom telling her I'm fine
May: so should, mom, dad and max must be worried.... *thinks to self: maybe drew as we'll?*
Iris: I'm gonna rent rooms for us then.
Misty: I'm ganna look for blankets because our jackets can't handle this coldness
Everyone did something to stay warm and once iris was done renting everyone with in their rooms
Ash: this is ganna be a bummer for we will all miss christmas with our family
Dawn: true but at least we all can know each other :)
Serena: dawn is right, sure we're gonna miss Christmas but at least I get know all the girls u travel with :D
Ash: we'll in going to sleep *yawns* goodnight
Serena and dawn: goodnight ash
Int the other room
Misty:*tries to listen* ugh why do I have to be in here!?
Bonny: why u so mad when ash is near dawn or Serena?
Iris: because she in love and she knows that ash likes dawn
May: *giggles*
Misty: I least I have someone to love
Iris and may: so do we
May: I have drew, who we're having a compicated relationship
Iris: and I have cilan who sweet and a great cook
Bonny: ..... We'll I'm still small so I don't need to worry ^-^

I wish I could finish but my battery is gonna die... Soo can someone finish it for me or I can finish it later

mew151

Thunder Trainer
Welcome, SparksFlyLove, to the Pearlshipping thread. Hope you have fun in some of the discussions around here, plus whatever questions comments or concerns you may have, and have a Happy Holiday, everyone.

Just to warn you, do not bring any negativity regards to other shippings/couplings here. We're a Pearlshipping house and it will stay that way. Cool? If I may suggest, instead of that... intro, why not answer why you like the Ash/Dawn pair.

SparksFlyLove

Kay! I was always a Pearlshipper

Why I like Pearlshipping?

Each Episode had a Hint. I watch the series everyday Those two are like meant to be When I saw BW Piplup,Pansage and A meeting of time I fangurled. Don't forget High Touch. Dawn is like ash (female version) and they are like Perfect! Even Lyra ships them. Dawn was my favourite Character and always will be in the pokemon series and when I saw this Thread I decided to make a account since I was A Hardcore Fan. I saw amourshipping Like almost Like everywhere I tried to Focus on Pearl and well when I saw this Thread I was Happy that their were Pearlshippers like me and You gotta admit Dawn was pretty Awesome<3

I'm Christine I'm 15 Years old.

Thanks for Listening!

Status
Not open for further replies.