• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatSpitler

Pearlshipper
Ideally, it would be Ash who would come out with it first. So I guess he would make a bit of a mess of it, and, to be dramatic, maybe even accidentally offend Dawn in the process, and after a bit of arguing, he'd say it properly.

I think a more likely scenario would be Pikachu and Buneary. But it could still happen with Piplup. I think they'd probably just hide behind a bush and laugh whilst looking at their trainers. Speaking of Piplup and Pikachu symbolism, I think there's quite a significant moment in the last episode of DP. After Dawn and Ash share their last high five of the DP series, you've probably noticed that they deliberately do a shot of Pikachu and Piplup high fiving, and then they hug a moment after. It could imply that Pearlshipping isn't fully over yet, that there's more to come.

I expect it's so slow because it's not Saturday yet. More people are here at the weekend.

I can totally see Ash saying it first and screwing it up, not horribly but bad enough so Dawn is like "excuse me mister" type of thing. I just want them to argue a bit but then come to terms with their feelings.

And I never thought of that. It could be a deeper meaning behind it. I mean Pikachu and Piplup were so close after all. And pokemon represent the feelings of their trainers, so it only goes to show that Ash and Dawn feel just as close but do not express it as well, because they might be nervous and or just cant find a way to express it. Sometimes boys and girls, as engulfed in their feelings as much as they may be..cant always find the words or gestures to express what they feel and it may take time and patience down the road for them to show those feelings.

It has been slow recently and we need people to keep up with the topics! Where are you guysss!? Whereever you are hopefully your pearlshipping senses will tingle (using a spiderman aphorism)

Here's another topic to go off of! Anybody else reading the previous topics, feel free to comment on them as well!

From watching the DP series, its known that Dawn depends a lot on Ash and Ash depends on Dawn. What makes their friendship so strong? How were they both able to obtain this close personal friendship, in other words what set it off?

Vintrial

Whouffle.
From watching the DP series, its known that Dawn depends a lot on Ash and Ash depends on Dawn. What makes their friendship so strong? How were they both able to obtain this close personal friendship, in other words what set it off?

Piplup and pikachu is one of the reasons, their bond is so strong that it carried it on to their trainers.
Another thing is that they always trained, anyone in here that played a team sport can agree that the bonds created from trainning together are really deep.

ps: I'm having my finals that is why i'm not posting so much.

Well, they obtained a strong friendship by helping each other. When Dawn was sad for failing contest, Ash helped her to overcome it and encouraged her. Dawn also encuraged him when losing battles.

If Ash and Dawn meet again together in the near future, how would their two partners (Pikachu and Piplup) help incorporate themselves in the situation by helping their masters confess their feelings sooner to each other?

Probably, Piplup would encourage Dawn to confess if it disovered that Serena likes Ash. When Pikachu noticed what Piplup is trying to do, he would also help.

It will be funny to see the two of them trying to do that while causing a lot of mistakes and being interrupted many times by a jealous Serena. Although it would be even better if Dawn or Ash only had one day to do that before departing to other place and, after failing so much, seeing the two of them confessing at the last moment, while Serena is watching them with tears that fall on the floor and swearing revenge or plotting something to steal Ash away from her.

(I think that i will use that idea for another fan fic...)

DarkIceBubbles

!
If Ash and Dawn meet again together in the near future, how would their two partners (Pikachu and Piplup) help incorporate themselves in the situation by helping their masters confess their feelings sooner to each other? Throw any silly idea out there!

Probaly maybe because piplup knows dawn likes ash and I think pikachu knows that ash likes dawn even he doesn't know wat love is..... And since Serena gonna be in this and her feniken might earthier be on pearl teAm or... The ash X Serena team which idk wat call but if feniken on her owner, piplup and pikachu will stop it and make sure that pearlshipping lives!! Also base on the flashback of how Serena and ash meet Serena might have a crush but NOPE FOREVER PEARL!!!

Been long time I post something on here.. Good to be back..

Last edited:

chalkus

I don't think Pikachu can help Ash and Dawn get together. He doesn't seem to know much about love. I think there are enough emotions an memories between the two to finally draw them together. Maybe when Ash stops being as dense, or gets a little older.

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn

What set it off? To be literal, the writers of the DP series. It was clear from the first high five in Jubilife that they would make an awesome team. If you want to look at it from a relationship point of view, it must've been Dawn's similarities to Ash from when he first started. He saw himself reflected in her.

Their friendship is so strong because they both encourage each other no matter what. They only argued in the beginning, after that it was mostly banter. I think I heard someone say on this thread that an argument in the beginning is the decider for a friendship. And I think that decision has undoubtedly been made.

Shadow1275

Simple, Dawn was the only girl who willingly chose to travel with Ash. The question is why did she do it. Misty followed him at first bc she wanted a new bike. May followed him to learn how to become a better pokemon trainer. But with Dawn it was neither. She didn't care about the fact that Pikachu destroyed her bike and from the start she wanted to become a pokemon coordinator, not a trainer so not really much of a reason to follow Ash. The reason she chose to travel with him was that she liked his personality and wanted to be friends. She probs saw a lot of similarities between them like how she risked her life to save piplup and how Ash decided it was a good idea to tackle a giant robot. She was attracted to him, not in a romantic way but just his personality and bc there was no "Hate induced destroyed bike feelings" or student mentor role constrictions their relationship hit off pretty quickly. As for the fighting it wouldn't be anime if the main guy didn't fight with the main girl and I'm pretty sure they only fought for one episode. Hell most of the DP seasons focused on Ash trying to bring Dawn out of the dumps. You'd be hard-pressed to find an episode where they are fighting to be honest.

FinesseMalkin

TARDIS Stray
New Pearlshipper here

I am FinesseMalkin, & I am a newbie, not only to Pearlshipping but to Pokemon in general too.

My (famous?) friend IceArceus said that if I mentioned that I know her it will guarantee some sort of status. I'll go along, since I have no idea if she is really as well known as she says.
She is obviously dedicated to Pokemon & now she is trying to make me obsessed too. So here I am! I'm actually quite getting into this.
I am a Pearlshipper like her, because of the amazingly obvious evidence (or "hints", if you would) & also the general lack of hints of the other ships (trying so hard not to bash ships, if you can't tell). And because of her own teachings too. Obviously.
I don't have much to say, due to my severe lack of knowledge. Sorry.
Nice meeting you,

FinesseMalkin

PatSpitler

Pearlshipper

What set it off? To be literal, the writers of the DP series. It was clear from the first high five in Jubilife that they would make an awesome team. If you want to look at it from a relationship point of view, it must've been Dawn's similarities to Ash from when he first started. He saw himself reflected in her.

Their friendship is so strong because they both encourage each other no matter what. They only argued in the beginning, after that it was mostly banter. I think I heard someone say on this thread that an argument in the beginning is the decider for a friendship. And I think that decision has undoubtedly been made.

Simple, Dawn was the only girl who willingly chose to travel with Ash. The question is why did she do it. Misty followed him at first bc she wanted a new bike. May followed him to learn how to become a better pokemon trainer. But with Dawn it was neither. She didn't care about the fact that Pikachu destroyed her bike and from the start she wanted to become a pokemon coordinator, not a trainer so not really much of a reason to follow Ash. The reason she chose to travel with him was that she liked his personality and wanted to be friends. She probs saw a lot of similarities between them like how she risked her life to save piplup and how Ash decided it was a good idea to tackle a giant robot. She was attracted to him, not in a romantic way but just his personality and bc there was no "Hate induced destroyed bike feelings" or student mentor role constrictions their relationship hit off pretty quickly. As for the fighting it wouldn't be anime if the main guy didn't fight with the main girl and I'm pretty sure they only fought for one episode. Hell most of the DP seasons focused on Ash trying to bring Dawn out of the dumps. You'd be hard-pressed to find an episode where they are fighting to be honest.

I am FinesseMalkin, & I am a newbie, not only to Pearlshipping but to Pokemon in general too.

My (famous?) friend IceArceus said that if I mentioned that I know her it will guarantee some sort of status. I'll go along, since I have no idea if she is really as well known as she says.
She is obviously dedicated to Pokemon & now she is trying to make me obsessed too. So here I am! I'm actually quite getting into this.
I am a Pearlshipper like her, because of the amazingly obvious evidence (or "hints", if you would) & also the general lack of hints of the other ships (trying so hard not to bash ships, if you can't tell). And because of her own teachings too. Obviously.
Nice meeting you,

FinesseMalkin

@IceArceus - True! The writers of the DP series did set it off, they wanted to make the to characters portray a deep friendship, and that first high five as you said did just that! And also as you said for the relationship point of view, the similarities just match up perfectly, the DP writers meant to do that because they wanted us over time to see those similarities fall into place as their friendship grows and they start to develop feelings that can be expressed in various forms. Dawn for example..after donning the cheearleading outfit over time, wouldn't just to that for anybody..she was starting to build her feelings for Ash from the moment she put that on as well! Also the arguring was the decider for frienship. The little bicker in the beginning really helped show that they can fight with each other and make up at the same time while keeping the deep friendship. The writers did a perfect job of executing this.

@Shadow1275 - Agreed! She did ask to come along, RIGHT after she witnessed Ash go so far to grab Pikachu..maybe at the time she didnt realize it, but she might have had fallen in love with him right then and there. And over time being as young as she is , would have to find the time and way to express her feelings throughout the series. Makes perfect sense.

@FinesseMalkin - Hey ID give it to her when Id say she's pretty famous, she deserves the credit! Heck she's the most dedicated Pearlshipper and fan to Pokemon I know! So why not? But glad she's roped you through the ways! Must be great that she did, and glad you like PEarlshipping and see why it has a strong sense of obvious hints. Plus the knowledge comes over time, just keep researching and expressing interest, that's how it happens! IF you ever want to know anything or have questions feel free and ask!

Shadow1275

Nice meeting you,

FinesseMalkin

Welcome to Serebii Finesse, you're among friends. But don't expect anything more than hints when it comes to pokemon. Captain Oblivious has a way of missing every small clue or sign a girl can give him.

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn

Nice meeting you,

FinesseMalkin

Cynical as always. Yep, this is my friend "Finesse". I hope you'll welcome her. It took a long time to convince her that Pearlshipping was the way to go, I'll tell you that. I wrote an entire mini thesis with the concepts of Pearlshipping and all it entails. I've yet to complete it fully, though. Now, new topic, since I've already answered all the questions available.
It's pretty "theory-like" and it's something I've looked into.

What is your stance on the role of the Sinnoh Champion Cynthia is Pearlshipping, as evidenced by her role in the DP and BW series?

I'll answer this last. I'd like to hear your answers first.

Hikatoshi26

-Comes back only to see everyone is dead so sad :p-

Well I am back and I see its been very slow....
What is your stance on the role of the Sinnoh Champion Cynthia is Pearlshipping, as evidenced by her role in the DP and BW series?

I love this question because I always wondered what Cynthia played in the shipping because she was always interested in Ash and Paul but never showed much interest in Dawn or Brock except during the GAlactic Arc so I just though nothing of it until the cameo. I mean how coincidental is it that Ash gets to the 8th badge city which is in the beginning stage of where B2/W2 starts instead of Opelucid and he happens to get his badge then Ash is told he must wait 3 months and then he finds Cynthia there buying ice cream. Then she tells him about the tourney and she also hints at a special someone waiting for him.

Now I understand that Dawn could run into Cynthia and in the midst of catching up find out about Unova and the tourney but Dawn and Ash keep in consistent contact apparently and she knew where he was so she used the oppurtunity to go to Unova catch a Musical and wait at Cynthia's Villa while Cynthia retrieved Ash. I am sorry a little too coincidental for someone not to support the relationship. It also was funny the commentary she gave during Ash's and Dawn's see ya later battle. So yeah I think that not only is Cynthia a pearlie I think she is one of the bigger ones not named Lyra and Brock.

Also, @IceArceus feel free to respond now lol. I can finally start my fic back up again :)

@Vintrial I FINALLY got my manga in the mail last week I am reading and translating it now. Kanji is not my strong suit but I am getting better.

PatSpitler

Pearlshipper
No doubt about it it has been slow lately...

What is your stance on the role of the Sinnoh Champion Cynthia in Pearlshipping, as evidenced by her role in the DP and BW series?

Cynthia plays a nice strong role in the efforts of her in the Pearlshipping world. She makes quite a lot of appearances and in those appearances each time she inspires Ash and friends to keep their eyes on their goals. Whether those goals hint to Pearl, who knows but ANYTHING is possible. I believe...that she has made herself an important character that Ash sees her as the champion to go after...and she makes a comment in the battle between Ash and Dawn when Iris comments on how they sync good in the battle, Cynthia comments and says "its because they know each other that well"...saying and hinting that Ash and Dawn are real close....which shows she seems to recognize their strong friendship and possible future relationship that could come.

chalkus

I am a Pearlshipper like her, because of the amazingly obvious evidence (or "hints", if you would) & also the general lack of hints of the other ships (trying so hard not to bash ships, if you can't tell). And because of her own teachings too.

I think if Ash had to be with someone, it would be Dawn, as she is without doubt the best female character in the show. I do question sometimes the actual romance between them, however, especially on Ash's part and I believe that Dawn is to good for him anyway. However, what is unquestionable is that Ash and Dawn have the closest friendship among all the characters in the show, except maybe Brock and Ash.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
So, hi, back here!

Hum, she knows what is up, aldo she was interessed to Ash-Paul relation, she saw how much Dawn cared for Ash.

@ Hikatoshi - How good is it? :b

(sorry for being inactive guys) =(

I think if Ash had to be with someone, it would be Dawn, as she is without doubt the best female character in the show. I do question sometimes the actual romance between them, however, especially on Ash's part and I believe that Dawn is to good for him anyway. However, what is unquestionable is that Ash and Dawn have the closest friendship among all the characters in the show, except maybe Brock and Ash.

^^ agreed

Hikatoshi26

So, hi, back here!

Hum, she knows what is up, aldo she was interessed to Ash-Paul relation, she saw how much Dawn cared for Ash.

@ Hikatoshi - How good is it? :b

(sorry for being inactive guys) =(

^^ agreed

My friend you returned lol. the manga is awesome so far but the subscripts on the kanji are so tiny hard to read sometimes. gonna buy volume 2 soon.

I've been inactive as well so here is a new topic.

If a Gen 3 remakes does come out in the future do you think Dawn (or May) or be apart of the call back to Hoenn maybe thru a Wallace Cup or whatever?

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn
I gave up on checking on this thread! Didn't realize you guys were back!

If a Gen 3 remakes does come out in the future do you think Dawn (or May) or be apart of the call back to Hoenn maybe thru a Wallace Cup or whatever?
Doubt it. Misty didn't come back for the Johto remakes. Dawn would probably return or be referenced in the series one way or another though. She's just too popular to be dropped as a character.

Hikatoshi26

I gave up on checking on this thread! Didn't realize you guys were back!

Doubt it. Misty didn't come back for the Johto remakes. Dawn would probably return or be referenced in the series one way or another though. She's just too popular to be dropped as a character.

You should never give up on the thread I am on this site almost everday at some point to chuckle at Amour QQers I'll just make random appearances i guess lol.

On topic yeah I doubt they drop her completely as a character even if she doesnt comein a cameo she should get a call back a la misty's lure which he got in BF during AG so he wasnt even traveling with her anymore.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
I try to watch some stuff, and make personal remarks despite not posting too, (like being caugth off-guard on the valentine cards thing).

I think Dawn will get a reference around season 2 of Xy, probably will get one too (when Serena start to battle for example).

How do you want Ash/Dawn to suprise each other if they notice the other in Kalos?

On a off-topic - I was so happy when i started seeing Pearl-fanfics pairing Kenny and Serena(if someone can give me the name i would be pretty happy) :D

SmellYaLater

Been a while since I've posted on here & Im glad everyone still posts ^_^
I reckon Dawn will be given a slight mention and she should considering her popularity. I don't think anyone should give up on this shipping because we don't know what the writers are thinking about and we can't assume ash will be with serena.

Status
Not open for further replies.