• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Do you think the writers have forgotten about Ash and Dawn's relationship?

Until some notice, i think the writters forget about anything of older series. Ash didn't even talked about his snorlax last episode.

Still i'm betting for a piplup episode in season 2 of xy

Here's a picture of Ash and his very first cheerleader. Confidence boost x1000
SatoHika-pokeshipping-vs-pearlshipping-27506077-800-800.jpg

Man i want endless-summer to continue to draw pearl so badly.

xEryChan

Demon Child
So, I watched Giratina and the Sky Warrior last night and right at the end when Ash, Dawn, and Brock were watching the flower bearing, I couldn't but think, "aren't Ash and Dawn just the most adorable couple? Why couldn't they just get married and start a family?"

I still love Pearshipping just as much as I ever have.

Honestly, yes I do. I think they forgot about any of the main girls, it just makes me so sad. I miss Dawn (though I do like Serena so far) but I just wish Dawn would have stayed and Ash would have went to Johto to compete in the battle frontier there and Dawn would participate in the contests over there.

pokemongeof

Wow been soo fricken long!! The return of me, I hope u guys remember.

I've watched Episode 7 of XY, and whoa! Armourshipping is in the air! I do like Serena, however, even adopting Amourshipping, I wil always be a Pearlshipper in my heart. Now that i've unblocked this website, i'll be able to be here more often!

Honestly, No. In BW, their friendship was still very strong, and, she got a cameo at the end. Misty and May are definitely lost, but not Dawn. Remember, the show is bringing back old things, like the old theme, repetitive acts done nearly every episode, and even Wobuffet! So Maybe Dawn could make her return.

I hope you guys remember me, and stay strong my fellow Pearshippers!

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
No I don't think they have, however Dawn isn't the main female companion of the group anymore. Her cameo in BW was a very good indication that they still had a strong relationship, and even Dawn join in with Iris in teasing Ash was pretty enjoyable and interesting interaction that she had with Ash.

pokemongeof

Can anyone link me to a good fic?

I need remotivation.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
No I don't think they have, however Dawn isn't the main female companion of the group anymore. Her cameo in BW was a very good indication that they still had a strong relationship, and even Dawn join in with Iris in teasing Ash was pretty enjoyable and interesting interaction that she had with Ash.

Some can even say that Ash was more hurt by Dawn saying he was a kid than when Iris did it.

Can anyone link me to a good fic?

I need remotivation.

Go the first page, there you can go to some nice fics.

Last edited:

pokemongeof

God yesterday i read some fics, but they really didn't work out in the end for ash and Dawn. Also i already read the first page fics.

Lemme start a new discussion.

Did Ash and Dawn's relationship remain intact in B&W?

Hikatoshi26

God yesterday i read some fics, but they really didn't work out in the end for ash and Dawn. Also i already read the first page fics.

Lemme start a new discussion.

I'll say yeah. Dawn's cameo did not benefit her or her career at all. when Misty had her cameos it was due to 2 invitations and she happened to be in the area when Ash was traveling. May went to go to the Wallace Cup and since Ash was in the area she decided to call him up and see if he too would be there. Dawn however had little reason to go.Lets say she ran into Cynthia and heard about the junior cup in Unova she jets off to the region there was no contest or anything only Ash. Upon her arrival she hears of musicals and checks it out while Cynthia runs errands and catches Ash.

Then when she saw Ash she wasnt formal like havent seen ya in a while she played a prank on him. But before that Dawn knew Ash was coming because again Cynthia went fishing for him. Then Dawn joined the group they had adventures and training and I say the traning lasted about a month because between the 8th badge and the league was 3 months. after Dawn left i think it was a month or less before the league so i say she was there 4-6 weeks not just a few days like may and misty.

Its alot i know but i thought the cameo in BW2 said everything about there relationship.

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn
Yes, I completely agree with you, Hikatoshi.

I want to add that the battle they had at the end strengthened their relationship too. Ash pretty much begged Dawn for a battle, and we all know how much battling means to him. During the battle, I love that Iris and Cilan commented on how Ash and Dawn knew each other so well, and the fact that Cynthia cut off their battle before one of them could win just shows them as equals.

pokemongeof

I want to add that the battle they had at the end strengthened their relationship too. Ash pretty much begged Dawn for a battle, and we all know how much battling means to him. During the battle, I love that Iris and Cilan commented on how Ash and Dawn knew each other so well, and the fact that Cynthia cut off their battle before one of them could win just shows them as equals.

I agree with this. Everyone commented that their relationship was very strong, and that they've been through so much, and they've become so close!

God it was that whole cameo in BW that got me into Pearlshipping in the first place! Ahh good times!

Hikatoshi26

Ice you are back. Yay. Yeah from a shipper standpoint that cameo did alot to so a guage of the health of the ship and it is still alive and well. Hopefully this current batch of writers don't just leave it undeveloped (or any shipping for that matter) But only time will tell.

ElectroBall

Pokémon Master
Seriously can't believe I haven't posted here before, but here goes anyway.

To me, Ash and Dawn have a bond unsurpassed by any other Ash + main girl pairing. Even Lyra noticed their bond when she tagged along for a while.

There's the mutual high fives, Dawn's cheer leading outfit for Ash's gym battles, and of course Dawn CRIED (almost?) when Ash left.

They were always there for one another to cheer each other up. That's why I love this pairing.

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
I agree with Electroball here, there is something feels right about PearlShipping, it is hard to point out since there are so many obvious points in Pearl's favour, there is something unique about it and even with the more recent Amour (which in my opinion is missing a certain spark) Pearl has it's own little charm about it.
So here is a little topic that I think would be nice to talk about.

if (a big if) Dawn has a cameo in the Kalos region, (apart from the obvious high five) what kind of hints or moments would you expect to happen between Ash and Dawn

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn
if (a big if) Dawn has a cameo in the Kalos region, (apart from the obvious high five) what kind of hints or moments would you expect to happen between Ash and Dawn

Ahhh, we've had this question so many times I can't count. But I don't know whether the current writers care about Dawn now, or whether they only care about Serena, their current character.

chalkus

To me, Ash and Dawn have a bond unsurpassed by any other Ash + main girl pairing. Even Lyra noticed their bond when she tagged along for a while.

There's the mutual high fives, Dawn's cheer leading outfit for Ash's gym battles, and of course Dawn CRIED (almost?) when Ash left.

They were always there for one another to cheer each other up. That's why I love this pairing.

Let's not forget how Dawn affected Ash's battling. Ash was at his best during Sinnoh and Dawn played a significant role because Ash copied the many techniques Dawn came up with. The midair spin, the ice aqua jet, using contest moves in battles, using pokemon pingpong moves in battle, and I believe (but I could be wrong) inspiring the counter shield. Dawn practically revolutionized battling in DP and without her influence on Ash he might never have made it as far as he did.

And I know there are some who question who Ash will eventually end up with but what I think is undeniable is that Ash and Dawn have the closest friendship amongst all the Pokegirls by far and their influence on each other is without compare.

chalkus

Let's not forget how Dawn affected Ash's battling. Ash was at his best during Sinnoh and Dawn played a significant role because Ash copied the many techniques Dawn came up with. The midair spin, the ice aqua jet, using contest moves in battles, using pokemon pingpong moves in battle, and I believe (but I could be wrong) inspiring the counter shield. Dawn practically revolutionized battling in DP and without her influence on Ash he might never have made it as far as he did.

And I know there are some who question who Ash will eventually end up with but what I think is undeniable is that Ash and Dawn have the closest friendship amongst all the Pokegirls by far and their influence on each other is without compare.

DarkIceBubbles

Really long time since I talk but I have a question for all to AWSER
if dawn ever visit the kalos region but ash dint know, how will they find eachother and will there be a love triangle with dawn,ash and Serena?

Hikatoshi26

Really long time since I talk but I have a question for all to AWSER
if dawn ever visit the kalos region but ash dint know, how will they find eachother and will there be a love triangle with dawn,ash and Serena?

I must say alot of the questions do get recycled but its understandable we are grasping at straws for the most part....

I don't see any scenario where any companion would visit a region and not let Ash know Dawn or otherwise. A love Triangle between Serena Dawn and Ash would be interesting but I doubt they want to open that can of Harem on a Shounen Adventure. IF dawn does show up again Serena may be worried about her and their past together but Ash and Dawn both being dense to their own feelings would think nothing of it.

The interaction I want to see is Eureka and whether she would propose to any other old female companions I think she would propose to May and Dawn....Iris and Misty doesn't seem like Citron's type.

But then again who knows all this is is speculations and fuel for someone to write a fic.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
Sorry guys, i've been watching a lot of K-on and snk latelly so i didn't had the time to come here ^^

If dawn ever visit the kalos region but ash dint know, how will they find eachother and will there be a love triangle with dawn,ash and Serena?
Either in lumiose or in Snowbelle, the second one so she could display her platinum outfit more time.

About the triangle, no, aldo Serena would Dawn as menace to her. Everyone would notice, expect Dawn and Ash lol

Still i believe that Dawn will stay in the heart of everyone, making a cameo or not.
Dp put an high standart in how a battle and a league (still think that sinnoh league was better than silver conference), and big part of that was because of how powerfull Ash became thanks to Dawn.
Not even talk about her own Arc which in my opinion is by far the best one of all companions (May coming in a close second).

ps: Something to power the feels

Ash and Dawn cosplaying Rapunzel

And another one cause i was so much time away
Fooling around

You guys should really join tumblr if you like to see pearl images and discuss it ^^'

Attachments

• tumblr_mhdfaigy3t1rneow1o1_500.jpg
    tumblr_mhdfaigy3t1rneow1o1_500.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.