• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hikatoshi26

Sorry guys, i've been watching a lot of K-on and snk latelly so i didn't had the time to come here ^^

If dawn ever visit the kalos region but ash dint know, how will they find eachother and will there be a love triangle with dawn,ash and Serena?
Either in lumiose or in Snowbelle, the second one so she could display her platinum outfit more time.

About the triangle, no, aldo Serena would Dawn as menace to her. Everyone would notice, expect Dawn and Ash lol

Still i believe that Dawn will stay in the heart of everyone, making a cameo or not.
Dp put an high standart in how a battle and a league (still think that sinnoh league was better than silver conference), and big part of that was because of how powerfull Ash became thanks to Dawn.
Not even talk about her own Arc which in my opinion is by far the best one of all companions (May coming in a close second).

ps: Something to power the feels

Ash and Dawn cosplaying Rapunzel

And another one cause i was so much time away
Fooling around

You guys should really join tumblr if you like to see pearl images and discuss it ^^'

My friend! Welcome back lol.

I have to agree that Dawn comes back it will be in either Lumiose or Snowbelle. Especially if Serena does anything fashion related that would be awesome. I can totally see everyone noticing the closeness of Ash and Dawn except for well Ash and Dawn. Especially Eureka.

Also I too think that the Sinnoh League was the best over Johto's due to Dawns and Paul's influence in making Ash stronger in stark contrast to Unova and that debacle they called a tournament.

pokemongeof

Dawn really made an impact on Ash. Even if Dawn isn't in the show (ATM), all shippers can agree that (even having their biases) Dawn and Ash have the closest bond of all. It just feels right.

I wish Ash used his old Sinnoh techniques when Dawn came back. Really would have like to see that. It reminds me of a fic called "Dawn of a New Day". If anyone wants a BW fic, you should read that fic.

if (a big if) Dawn has a cameo in the Kalos region, (apart from the obvious high five) what kind of hints or moments would you expect to happen between Ash and Dawn
Kalos is based of France, literally. And Serena really has opened up her feelings, so if Dawn made a cameo, (which could happen. Remember how they are re-duxing many things, like the theme, ash's traditional hat turn, and even wobbuffet) we would (hopefully) see their relationship get closer, a LOT of high fives, and maybe some feelings opening up.

If dawn ever visited the Kalos region but Ash didn't know, how would they find each other and would there be a love triangle with Dawn, Ash and Serena?
Bad English fyi. Anyways it would be in the (same cities mentioned above), but I can't see a love triangle, even if ash overcame his denseness. Although I am an ArmourShipper, there is something missing: feelings from Ash. We don't see a big friendship (yet?) between the two. Meanwhile, Ash and Dawn ... Do I really have to say the friendship stuff again? I think we all know.

So, another topic. Today in one of my classes (Coping), we talked about Suicide and all that stuff. Then, I got a killer (lol just realized my unintentional bad joke 2 mins after posting) fic. Not about suicide (still contemplating). would u guys read that?

Well. This was a long post. See you guys soon!

PS I am a middle schooler if ur wondering 'bout my "Coping" Class. :p

Vintrial

Whouffle.
I will read any pearl fic tbh lol

Side-note:
Am I the only one that hates Serena dub voice and the fact that Iris seems to be inside Eureka ?

Hikatoshi26

I will read any pearl fic tbh lol

Side-note:
Am I the only one that hates Serena dub voice and the fact that Iris seems to be inside Eureka ?

Serena's dub voice isn't bad i guess and I hate the dub... Eureka and Citron's voice irritate me and for that I will not watch the dub. I watched XY 01 dubbed and never again.

I have read alot of pearl fics although not many really good ones of late. I need to get the typing on mine anyway.

pokemongeof

I had like 3 ideas previously only in pokemon.

You don't even wanna know the ideas for crossovers I had. (DBZ, Street Fighter, etc)

Probz bcuz those are my interests *glances at signature* only 14 *cough cough* and competitive

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn
I love that piece of fanart with the Tangled cosplay. Someone should do one with the "I See The Light" scene. Or maybe with Frozen...

More of the old and classic Pearlshipping fics have been abandoned...

And Vintrial, you're not the only one. I hate Serena's dub voice too.

We really need a new question.

Thank you very much! What I love about Pearlshipping? That's a question with almost unlimited answers ;). Every Pearlshipper can keep going all day why they love Pearlshipping!

But to start with and keeping it short:
- I've been lurking around forums and such, regarding Pearlshipping, and I find the Pearlshipping community very nice, open, strong, intelligent, etcetera. The best community out there!
- Pearlshipping is the most unique shipping out there: no other (girl) main character had such a strong and inseperable bond/relation with Ash.
- Simply the songs tell almost everything.
- The movies is showing their strong relationship.
- Their interactions is like no other.
- There is something about Pearlshipping, something that other ships simply don't have.
ETCETERA.

Hikatoshi26

Thank you very much! What I love about Pearlshipping? That's a question with almost unlimited answers ;). Every Pearlshipper can keep going all day why they love Pearlshipping!

But to start with and keeping it short:
- I've been lurking around forums and such, regarding Pearlshipping, and I find the Pearlshipping community very nice, open, strong, intelligent, etcetera. The best community out there!
- Pearlshipping is the most unique shipping out there: no other (girl) main character had such a strong and inseperable bond/relation with Ash.
- Simply the songs tell almost everything.
- The movies is showing their strong relationship.
- Their interactions is like no other.
- There is something about Pearlshipping, something that other ships simply don't have.
ETCETERA.

Thats the kind of answer I like to read. Always happy to have a new voice.

Last edited:
Maybe we should shake things up a little bit in the thread. So how about a topic?

I don't know whether a similar topic had been posted before, but here we go:
What would push Pearlshipping into being reality? So what moments, activities, memories, and so on?

Hikatoshi26

Maybe we should shake things up a little bit in the thread. So how about a topic?

I don't know whether a similar topic had been posted before, but here we go:
What would push Pearlshipping into being reality? So what moments, activities, memories, and so on?

Everyone likes to shake things up. I guess the question hasn't been asked in a while Idk.

The only thing that makes any shipping cannon is action subtext can be interpreted many ways some see it one way and others see it another. If we get something like a verbal declaration or a hug or even a kiss (All 3 things I highly doubt to ever see on this show.) then the ship will come canon. The only way I see any ship become canon is a end of series flash forward and we will see Ash older with children doing something like teaching them how to battle and then they get called in for dinner and you will (in our case) Dawn again older and boom Canon shipping.

Dont see any shipping being confirmed before the end of the series though.

Dont see any shipping being confirmed before the end of the series though.

The question is: how long do we have to wait for that? I think they really need to step up their game. They really need to change their concept, even though it's still most of the part a kids show. They almost forget the still remaining older audience out there, expecting more 'romance'.

Hikatoshi26

The question is: how long do we have to wait for that? I think they really need to step up their game. They really need to change their concept, even though it's still most of the part a kids show. They almost forget the still remaining older audience out there, expecting more 'romance'.

yeah romance is always in the show and the games just never will our Raven haired hero in any massive context. As I said its all left up to subtext and interpretation. Pokemon looks like its gonna be another Detective Conan and go on for ever and ever. I think that is cool but I am getting older I mean when XY ends ill be pushing 30 lol I would like to see some resolution as well....

yeah romance is always in the show and the games just never will our Raven haired hero in any massive context. As I said its all left up to subtext and interpretation. Pokemon looks like its gonna be another Detective Conan and go on for ever and ever. I think that is cool but I am getting older I mean when XY ends ill be pushing 30 lol I would like to see some resolution as well....

Never watched Detective Conan. And about Ash, it's time they also changes his personality a bit. Less density wouldn't hurt. And you're right, I'm growing older too and I really think they should take the anime to the next step and think of others, besides kids.

Vintrial

Whouffle.

Pokemon anime is an anime designed not to end, kinda like Conan and One Piece, so i don't see nothing confirmed unless it ends.
However, i think pearl is on kinda of "second stage" towards being cannon alongside Poke.
Giving that only contest is on the "first stage".

Hope i was clear with my metaphor :b

However, i think pearl is on kinda of "second stage" towards being cannon alongside Poke.

How come then?

Well cause the degree of interaction between them is higher, and have a more strong relation than other ships that aren't on the same level, let's say whisfull or advance.

Maybe I took it the wrong way, or it was a little unclear, but regarding the quotation, did you mean Pearlshipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.