• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintrial

Whouffle.
This I agree with. I think it is above both girls to be rivals like that at least over Ash now they can totally be baking rivals and that I would love.

Baking show off would be awesome lol!
But the ideia of somone heavily infatuated by Ash getting Jealous over Dawn should really been done in DP (We got Kenny tho)

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
I really don't want to see a Serena and Dawn shipping rivalry, it would be degrading to both characters imo. I could see Serena being slightly jealous with how close Ash's and Dawn's relationships are, but I don't really think we'll get any ill feelings between the two.

oh no me too since i support them both, i don't want to see them as rivals - oh and what you all said could be true but i'll just agree with it.

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn
The Pokemon company definitely won't make them rivals. It's in their style to make all the main protagonists like each other.

What is your Favorite FanFiction(s)

Mine! I kid. Mister Inconsistent's oneshots make it into my top list, but I do like "Teardrops on My Guitar", as well as the classic angelcutepie and shadowkitty ones.

Dawn could well make a cameo. But I don't believe there have been any hints for that.

I agree that a big rivarly between those two could degrade and influence on both characters. Instead of a rivalry, they should put jealousy in the game from Serena's side as said before. That would make it more interesting, and doesn't degrade her character, the contrary, it may develop her further.

ElectroBall

Pokémon Master
Just read Teardrops on My Guitar. Instant favorite. Bravo to xStart.a.RIOTx for writing it. :D

Like I said previously, Dawn and Ash have a bond unsurpassed by any Ash and main girl pairing. Ash and May were pretty close, but Ash and Dawn just have something more, and Serena hasn't been around Ash long enough to judge.

Haven't read that one. Maybe I should read it to then.

Definitely. The relationship is unsurpassed. But there was always more than that. It just felt so good, their relationship and bond, just nothing can top it, in my opinion.

You're right. You can't really judge Serena fully as of now.

What is you favorite Pearlshipping Fan-fiction?

There are just so many great PearlShipping fanfics. out there. I am the type that likes to read the bigger stories. But if I have to choose some, I can say IceArceus' Of Royal Birth, Tzhaa's Ash and Dawn: Unova Chapter, Complete Hollow's Light into Darkness and black angel 2011's Almost Easy series.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hikatoshi26

There are just so many great PearlShipping fanfics. out there. I am the type that likes to read the bigger stories. But if I have to choose some, I can say IceArceus' Of Royal Birth, Tzhaa's Ash and Dawn: Unova Chapter, Complete Hollow's Light into Darkness and black angel 2011's Almost Easy series.[/QUOTE

I read all of those and they are awesome especially Tzhaa's omg I love it. My favorites is Path to the Master Reloaded by MysticMew and Ash and Dawn together by Max Acorn although i suggest only adults read it...

I haven't read those, since I just started reading fics. ;p. I'll take them into consideration.

Last edited:

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn
New topic to get us going.

This thread has been moving slowly, and that's not what we want at this stage, or at any stage, in fact.
What do you think of the current efforts to keep Pearlshipping alive?

New topic to get us going.

This thread has been moving slowly, and that's not what we want at this stage, or at any stage, in fact.

I haven't payed attention to any other sources than Serebii and the PearlShipping DataCore, so I don't know. But the topic can be hard to answer.

I wonder how the Japanese community are doing it. Never looked that up before.

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn
I wish I knew as well.

But, guess what I found, a Pearlshipping MV of Ash and Dawn singing Love is an Open Door from Frozen! It was the tops.

And I hope this thread comes back to life soon, we can't let this be closed down for inactivity. It would be a great loss, so hopefully someone can come up with a topic, because I'm out of ideas.

SmellYaLater

I think its fine at the moment. People are still making fanfics which is great and there are still many active shippers creating fanart. The great thing about Pearlshippers I might just say is the fact that they will never really give up. we stay loyal and active (even if some multi ship) and still believe that Dawn may return for either another guest appearance or to travel with ash again. Pearlshipping is still one of the most popular ships out there and the only reason its gone downhill a bit is because of amour stepping in. Hopefully when amours out the way, Pearl will still remain top because the fans will continue to support it!

The disrespect to the previous ash shipping but they are pretty much starting to wither away, maybe due to fans jumping to Amourshipping. Pearl on the other hand wont die because it still remains a top ship and the fans (especially those in Japan) wont let it rot away!

Hikatoshi26

Pearlshipping will never die. It isn't a shipping choice, it is a way of LIFE!

Now that I am done being melodramatic I agree with the above comment Pearlshipping will only die if another ship is made canon over it. (Think Avatar the Last Airbender) and even then tons of people still ship Zutara....So we just support it in our own way Fics and Fanarts are still strong within Pearl and that is the best barometer of the health of a ship.

wiitard119

Hey guys if you guys watched XY 22, there is a scene where a group of piplups/ Pochama shows up.
One of the piplup friendly approaches Ash and the gang. then Serena/ Citron / Eureka comments " Wow i never knew piplups/pocchama were this kind!"

however, what ash said was " The piplup I knew was pretty confident/ imprudent (お調子者) though "
This shows that Ash still haven't forgotten about Dawn's piplup! Which means that Ash haven't forgotten about Dawn yet! (thanks writers!)

(It can also be a foreshadowing of Dawn appearing maybe later on in XY as a love rival for ash... one can only hope.)

Last edited:

hopeful sleeper

carefree dreamer
Pearlshipping will never die. It isn't a shipping choice, it is a way of LIFE!

You have no idea how much of a "way of life" pearlshipping can be. I remember that back in 2009 I was fully absorbed in supporting the pairing. In the period from mid-2009 to early 2010 pearlshipping truly was in its prime. SatoHika moments were present in nearly every episode. And most of the time, those were brilliant moments.

The future seemed so bright back then...

I'll tell you what. it's unlikely that generation 6 will last only three years. If XY is as fast paced as BW was, Ash might have been done with the league after, say, 2 years from now, with some sort of a filler saga following where it could be possible for older characters to show up. And I don't need to explain that Dawn should be the top candidate to reappear if an opportunity arises. Wishful thinking? Perhaps, but speculating and reaching is all what's left.

If pearlshipping can't happen, I hope that the writers at least won't have Ash end up with any other girl, so that SatoHika can go down in history as undeniably the strongest Ash-involving pairing. This, obviously, would be by no means a satisfying outcome but what are we supposed to do? Beggars can't be choosers.

Hikatoshi26

You have no idea how much of a "way of life" pearlshipping can be. I remember that back in 2009 I was fully absorbed in supporting the pairing. In the period from mid-2009 to early 2010 pearlshipping truly was in its prime. SatoHika moments were present in nearly every episode. And most of the time, those were brilliant moments.

The future seemed so bright back then...

I'll tell you what. it's unlikely that generation 6 will last only three years. If XY is as fast paced as BW was, Ash might have been done with the league after, say, 2 years from now, with some sort of a filler saga following where it could be possible for older characters to show up. And I don't need to explain that Dawn should be the top candidate to reappear if an opportunity arises. Wishful thinking? Perhaps, but speculating and reaching is all what's left.

If pearlshipping can't happen, I hope that the writers at least won't have Ash end up with any other girl, so that SatoHika can go down in history as undeniably the strongest Ash-involving pairing. This, obviously, would be by no means a satisfying outcome but what are we supposed to do? Beggars can't be choosers.

I feel ya when you talk about Pearl during DP's run. I was there just not on this forum. But yeah we can just hold out hope that our Blue haired beauty will come back to Ash and us.

That is why we write, draw, interpret and speculate.

I agree with Hikatoshi.

As I'd like to see things, is the fact that everything has its ups and downs. Nothing can always go and run smoothly by the way you want it, but by the end of the day it's all perfect. Pearlshipping is something unique, something beyond understanding. The fact is, Pearlshipping will always remain, as long as there are people who believe in it. Pearlshipping shall never fade, it's bright as ever.

And I understand you hopeful sleeper. Pearlshipping changed my life. It gave me so much joy in my life and it still does. I still see a very bright future ahead of Pearlshipping. Pearlshipping and DP made such an impact, I cannot describe it. Satoshi and Hikari is the only thing for me.

dechirures

Heaven Or Hell
Woa... Lots of Pages increased since my last visit....

My Favorite Fanfiction

Light into Darkness by Complete Hallow i guess is one of the fic i like even it's a bit .......

Status
Not open for further replies.