• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilChameleon

You know, I wanted to go back and watch the DP anime series just because, this too, was my favorite pairing, however, I just can't get over my hatred for Paul. Easily the worst rival in the history of the series.

Hikatoshi26

You know, I wanted to go back and watch the DP anime series just because, this too, was my favorite pairing, however, I just can't get over my hatred for Paul. Easily the worst rival in the history of the series.

Oh my talk about a polarizing sentence. I am happy you too enjoy pearl but I respect but am equally saddened you dislike Paul. He was a jerk but he was one of the characters that made DP what is was.

It's cool. I always re-watch the DP-series. It never gets old. Pearlshipping just conveys that joy and confidence.

BlueDragonfangirl

Really? As a rival to Ash, in my opinion he was the best and that rivalry was fun to watch, one of the main reasons other than Pearl shipping to tune into D / P.

Actually, D / P series over all is just a favorite of mine :D

Try watching Pearl shipping moments on YouTube than, I do that every once in a while :D

This is making me want to re watch againXD

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Pokemon DP Series has made me astonished. Not only does it has sweet episodes, and duels. But Ash and Dawn's relationship made me watch the series over and over again as Dawn taking a liking to him. I like DP series better than BW Series. However, the only episodes of DP that I don't watch are the ones that Ashy loses to Paul. The best part of the Sinnoh League Arc is that Dawn's beloved Ash defeated his cruel rival and foe Paul. Not only does his victory makes Dawn happy, but it also makes me happy with overjoy as I scream out loud as the nice guy beats the heartless man as well as the proof that loving your pokemon triumphs over lusting after pokemon's power.

dechirures

Heaven Or Hell
Really? As a rival to Ash, in my opinion he was the best and that rivalry was fun to watch, one of the main reasons other than Pearl shipping to tune into D / P.

Actually, D / P series over all is just a favorite of mine :D

Try watching Pearl shipping moments on YouTube than, I do that every once in a while :D

This is making me want to re watch againXD

Paul was a good character I don't mind him it just go to show how there are different point of view. The only disappointing moment on him is that when he abused Chimchar and release him like it was nothing.
The disappointing rival for me is Tripp.

Pearlshipping moments are good to watch I enjoy them but sometimes i found some are fakes

Vintrial

Whouffle.
I tend to se plenty of Pearlshipper hate on Paul.
It isn't my case either, for me Paul is the best side-char in all the pokemon anime, even including Gary.
Plus in the end he almost said he understood pearlshipping :b

Hikatoshi26

Paul is a character to be loved and despised at the same time. He brought in a character unlike any the anime have seen before and even trip the supposed Paul clone wasn't as heartless and cold as Paul he was just rude to ash. I think Paul is one of the best things in Pokemon because he and dawn were the two reason ash grew up and you saw without them we had that travesty that is called best wishes.....Paul is the greatest rival in the show and in the original that was the billing before the sinnoh league battle greatest rival confrontation ash vs Paul....

Hikatoshi26

Would Dawn blow a kiss and a wink to Ash when she see him again in the furture

That would be nice. Hikari has winked to ash before blow a kiss highly unlikely. Hikari and Satoshi convey there feelings through the high five so that is best we Will get unless they make the ship canon. Then and only then would I expect a kiss.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer

That I would like to see since Dawn crushing on Ash as she winks at time most of the time. She didn't do that to the other male characters. Not even Brock.

I think Paul has been the best rival out there. The rivalry between Paul and Ash is something to behold. Paul brought many drama scenarios in the series, it also enhanced Pearlshipping (moments) during some situations and scenarios. Although, his personality is something I wouldn't like either, but hey, it brought intense moments. The DP-series are the best, in my opinion. There are just so many things.

@dechirures
What do you mean 'fake'?

dechirures

Heaven Or Hell

Wink probably especially while acting cute or something. but kiss I don't think so kiss only happens in movie i guess? even thats not happening i just want a simple sweet innocent romantic relationship?

@Unbeatable
back then when D&P still on going some fake moments are there like the one with mix english and japanese the translation input is a bit different than the original meaning.
others just put random things some with moments and some have just normal scene that doesn't even involve them.

hopeful sleeper

carefree dreamer
I have to say, I'm glad they put those Piplup into last week's episode. As far as I remember, early and mid BW had also some scenes hinting at Dawn's appearance. So maybe the writers are gonna use the same strategy in XY. But again, in the past there were instances of older characters being referenced and they didn't "cameo", so... Well, at least it's better than nothing.

Hikatoshi26

I have to say, I'm glad they put those Piplup into last week's episode. As far as I remember, early and mid BW had also some scenes hinting at Dawn's appearance. So maybe the writers are gonna use the same strategy in XY. But again, in the past there were instances of older characters being referenced and they didn't "cameo", so... Well, at least it's better than nothing.

Yeah but it was never a pokemon. Misty had her lure mentioned. Nothing was said about psyduck or corsola gyardos or even staryu. Same with may and blaziken. But piplup gets a call back that has to mean something.

Hikatoshi26

Watching DP through its run, I mean what Dawn did for Ash after he lost against Paul at Lake Acuity was really sweet of her. It's also one of my favorite hints.

DP 133 was most certainly a highlight of the care and concern they have for one another. One of my favorites indeed.

p96822

Evolve me please
Fanfic idea

Dawn want to tell Ash that she is in love with him but every thing getting in her way. Also a cupid is trying to shot her with his arrow of luvdisk to get her the powers to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.