• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopeful sleeper

carefree dreamer
They don't seem to be getting closer to Sato Sere at all. Reciprocation is key in any ship, as well as a balance of hints, and that was seen clearly in Pearlshipping, though it is not as prominent in Amourshipping. SatoSere is simply adding a new flavour to XY. They needed a new way to introduce a new female, and make her character original. As it stands, I think Pearlshipping is still strong.

I think a lot of them are still Pearl shippers like myself, I'm a multi Ash shipper with Pearl shipping being number 1 for me, I see nothing wrong with that :)

Ash x Dawn are very close, people like Kenny and what's her name noticed the pairing, I don't that many have noticed Ash x Serena in X and Y yet but let's not get into that here. It's a sensitive subject for me, k?

I'm just enjoying re watching the moments :)

What also worries me is that it's Tomioka who is apparently the brains behind Serena's infatuation with Ash. It better not mean that he has something big in store for SatoSere. Ideally, "adding a new flavour" is the only reason why the writers went for this, even though the show could easily do without it. I just hope that whatever they do, it won't deprive pealrshipping its status of the strongest Ashxgirl pairing.

If SatoSere remains just a one-sided crush, I guess I'm fine with it. In this way, it wouldn't be any different from, say, KennyxDawn.

(This is my last comment concerning SatoSere-SatoHika rivalry, I promise)

I welcome the announcement of R/S remakes. If contests are featured, perhaps there is some chance that things will take a different shape. But I keep my expectations low.

P.S. Unbeatablelightandwill, I love your signature.

DarkIceBubbles

I'm soo pump about alpha saphire and omega ruby! I wanna get both but I will have to choos one and I choose alpha saphire becuase saphire is my fav type of jewelry/ gem (ik this totally off topic)

BlueDragonfangirl

What also worries me is that it's Tomioka who is apparently the brains behind Serena's infatuation with Ash. It better not mean that he has something big in store for SatoSere. Ideally, "adding a new flavour" is the only reason why the writers went for this, even though the show could easily do without it. I just hope that whatever they do, it won't deprive pealrshipping its status of the strongest Ashxgirl pairing.

If SatoSere remains just a one-sided crush, I guess I'm fine with it. In this way, it wouldn't be any different from, say, KennyxDawn.

I welcome the announcement of R/S remakes. If contests are featured, perhaps there is some chance that things will take a different shape. But I keep my expectations low.

Guess only time will tell, till the end of the series they'll keep making us guess who Ash ends up with, even than I'm not sure they'll reveal it. Pokemon writers know how big Ash pairings are so will likely just have to guess, I can see the Anime ending with Ash's son or daughter starting his or hers journey to become a Pokemon Master like his or hers father. That will keep the fans guessing even after the show ends leaving open hopes to all of the Ash pairings including Pearlshipping LOL.

Pearlshipping is one of the biggest Pokemon pairings in Japan,not hey know it so XD

Jknombricks

Just some guy

If Tomioka is the brains behind Serena then perhaps he may have considered the childhood bond parallel from the video. He's also the brains behind Pearlshipping after all, this could potentially be good news.

So is Pearlshipping dead now?

While Ash and Dawn are no longer traveling with each other, Pearlshipping is not dead and Dawn's presence is somewhat there. Just notice how Ash noticed Dawn's Piplup in the Magikarp episode. They think about each other anyway since their 'smiles are always there', even if the scenery changes.

Pearlshipping is NOT dead (IMO) and I wouldn't want it to be.

(P.S. We're getting close to 300 pages!)

I don't get why you think it would be dead. In my opinion, a ship never 'dies'. It will always have supporters, even if it's not much. As long as people support it, a ship will stay afloat. Pearlshipping is still strong in its presence and will always be. It's the most popular ship (Japan).

@Jknombricks - I totally agree with you. In my opinion, Pearlshipping is the only realistic ship. Nice, 300 pages.

@hopeful sleeper - Thank you very much. It's the truth.

Last edited:

UDI

Orange Hero

of course not! Dawn still keep a high popularity in Japan , Dawn is more popular that Serena and, for now, pearlshipping still have more popularity and amourshipping

BlueDragonfangirl

of course not! Dawn still keep a high popularity in Japan , Dawn is more popular that Serena and, for now, pearlshipping still have more popularity and amourshipping

Really? Do they have polls? I'd love to see this :D

Yes, like I said before as long as you support the pairing this pairing is not dead.

Defender of Pearlshipping till the end of Pokemon no matter what :D

Question....

What D / P film would you consider the best for Pearlshipping?

Jknombricks

Just some guy
Really? Do they have polls? I'd love to see this :D

Yes, like I said before as long as you support the pairing this pairing is not dead.

Defender of Pearlshipping till the end of Pokemon no matter what :D

Question....

What D / P film would you consider the best for Pearlshipping?

I would consider Rise of Darkrai (M10) because it showed how the two developed the most as a pair (IMO). As much as I like the Ash and Dawn opening scene from M12, this only reflects on the closeness of their relationship that was already bonded by then. Plus Tonio and Alice were a good parallel for Ash and Dawn.

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn

Honestly, I had to reply to this. Pearlshipping will only be dead if the last Pearlshipper forsakes this ship. And frankly, that's not going to happen. Pearlshippers have a timeless hint, High Touch, as well as significant and deep hints, not to mention a balance of them. A lot of people seem to have forgotten that.

Last edited:

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
Well I might be in the Amourshipping thread and I do like it, but I am still a Pearlshipper all the way, but I think this video is great, no downright awesome, there is no way Pearl is going to die, I simply will not allow for it, it is the first Pokémon Shipping I got into and really liked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZCD-Eg1TaA

all credit goes to PearlshippingTV.

UDI

Orange Hero
remember, in DP 189, Cynthia says that Ash (and Paul) someday enter to becomes Pokemon Champion, also in DP 191 Ash says that someday faces Cynthia for the Sinnoh Champion Title.

maybe if Ash won the Kalos League or other regional league, Ash returns to Sinnoh for challenge Cynthia and eventually meet with Dawn

Jknombricks

Just some guy
remember, in DP 189, Cynthia says that Ash (and Paul) someday enter to becomes Pokemon Champion, also in DP 191 Ash says that someday faces Cynthia for the Sinnoh Champion Title.

maybe if Ash won the Kalos League or other regional league, Ash returns to Sinnoh for challenge Cynthia and eventually meet with Dawn

So maybe this means Pearlshipping is still alive and will in fact return in the future...

(300 pages!)

I am a pearlshipper myself but does it seem less likely that it is actually going to happen with the writers clearing promoting amourshipping?

Jknombricks

Just some guy
When you say promoting Amourshipping it really means promoting Serena's crush on Ash. It would only make Pearlshipping less likely if they made an Amourshipping High Touch. We have to wait and see.

What I like about Pearlshipping is that Ash and Dawn deeply care for each other at the same level. Their bond is also a quality one that surpasses anything ever seen from the show.

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn
I do not believe they will make an Amourshipping High Touch. Just as Serena's one sided crush is at the foundations of Amour, High Touch, a song on Ash and Dawn's mutual respect and admiration, is the stronghold of Pearlshipping. To destroy that hint would be unthinkable. Bear in mind that Pearlshipping still remains the most popular ship in Japan. Amourshipping High Touch? The fans would not be amused.

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
that's right High Touch is unique to Pearl and it should never be turned into something else, that would not only upset the fans but it would devalue the meaning behind the song as well, the meaning behind the song was important since it depicts the relationship between Ash and Dawn. that song was only for Ash and Dawn, not for the other girls and I feel that it would be wrong of the anime department make another version for Ash and Serena. Amour should have it's own unique opening, but not the same as High Touch. High Touch is Pearlshipping only and not any other ship, that is one boundary that should never be crossed. I know I would be really upset if Ash's and Dawn's song was turned into something else that it isn't.

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn
I did not mean that Amourshipping should have its unique opening.Arguably, having its own opening could be seen as something unique to Pearl, and therefore a massive hint. Having an opening song for Amour at all, given that having its own opening is exclusive to Pearl, is an infringement. I would not support an opening theme for Amourshipping, and do not believe it would happen. Japanese fans, in particular, would see the semblance to Pearlshipping.

Last edited:

paul (dragon master)

Awesomely awesome
I wasn't saying the Amour shouldn't have anything unique at all, all I was saying is that High Touch is an opening that is unique only to Pearl. if Amour has an opening, it needs to have it's own song dedicated to the two, while High Touch was dedicated to the bond between Ash and Dawn. I personally don't see that an opening dedicated to Amour would be a problem, just as long as it doesn't go along the same lines as High Touch.

well I think now we need to get back on track a little, I have missed being on this thread for so long and I can't be bothered reading every page I have missed. If (a big if) the anime department breaks certain traditions, how would you see it benefiting PearlShipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.