• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vriska Serket

Clemont FTW
Ash and Dawn welcome you! Haha jk they would be embarassed to see us talk about them!

Not only is their bond cute, I personally believe their bond is a genuinely strong one. :)

Pftttttt, they know they'd love it ;3333 DX
I agree =O I thought one of the cutest moments was in the labyrinth episode and Ash imagines Dawn getting hurt by an Onix and he says "That's when I worry the most!" so cute =O~

UDI

Orange Hero
Hello, may I join? Ah yesssssssh I love this pairing <333 my pokemon anime otp :3 I started shipping it around the Nando intro episode, I think their bond is really cute. :3

of course, you're welcome!

Hello, may I join? Ah yesssssssh I love this pairing <333 my pokemon anime otp :3 I started shipping it around the Nando intro episode, I think their bond is really cute. :3

Welcome on board new member! Always great to see new faces ;p.

In my opinion, their bond is the realistic one.

It's been a little slow, so let's keep it going shall we?
Here a topic to keep it going (don't know if it has been used before):

What do you see, and in your opinion, as the most essential aspect in Pearlshipping? How does Pearlshipping distinguish herself so well (from other ships)?

Last edited:
Hey, everyone! I'd like to hop in on this too. I haven't been on Serebii for a looong time, but what better place to start?

The most essential aspect in Pearlshipping?
I'd have to say their support for one another in pursuing their dreams. I think that's what brought them so close to begin with.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
It's been a little slow, so let's keep it going shall we?
Here a topic to keep it going (don't know if it has been used before):

What do you see, and in your opinion, as the most essential aspect in Pearlshipping? How does Pearlshipping distinguish herself so well (from other ships)?

I think it's their care for one another. Remember all those times Dawn cheered for Ash throughout DP? Or that time after Ash's battle against Paul she made a comedy show just to cheer Ash up? That's what I like about this ship, and that's how I think it's what make it unique.

Hey, everyone! I'd like to hop in on this too. I haven't been on Serebii for a looong time, but what better place to start?

Welcome aboard the ship! It's nice to see new people coming in.

Last edited:
It's nice to be in!
I've been a fan of Pearl for years now and it's fun to share that.
And yeah, the cheering on her end was a big sign. No one's gone that far for Ash, and he did quite a bit for her, too. That's definitely something unique.

UDI

Orange Hero

the great chemistry between Ash and Dawn! like when Dawn do a circus show for Ash afterthe battle with Paul or when Ash became sad when Dawn loses his second battle or when Dawn playfully hides behind Ash while giggling when he cannot find her in BW (That would never do another girl)

also both are clueless in love's theme (speacially Ash)

I definitely agree with everything mentioned above. It always felt like these two would go do anything beyond to just be there for each other. This ship just feels right, in my opinion. It's beyond everything I've seen so far.

And welcome! The more, the merrier!

@Jknombricks
I meant itself, pardon me, lol.

Hanzer

Water Goddess Enjoyer
Hey guys! I was watching you for a long time but I decided to post something just now, because I was too lazy before eheheh... I'm a Pearlshipper from the beggining, when I first saw Dawn I just fell in love (ooh yeah I was) and I just wanted Ash to be with her. There was something different in this girl than in the two other ones I can't really say what but I think you understand me co-pearlshippers, right? :3

Well pretty everything was said above, they were cheering and helping each other in good and bad times, their concern for each other is just sweet. We can easily say that Dawn is a female Ash version and they have really many similarities.

That's it for me now, after stalking you for those many months I will try the best I can to be an active member on this thread. Hanzer peace out :D

Hey guys! I was watching you for a long time but I decided to post something just now, because I was too lazy before eheheh... I'm a Pearlshipper from the beggining, when I first saw Dawn I just fell in love (ooh yeah I was) and I just wanted Ash to be with her. There was something different in this girl than in the two other ones I can't really say what but I think you understand me co-pearlshippers, right? :3

Well pretty everything was said above, they were cheering and helping each other in good and bad times, their concern for each other is just sweet. We can easily say that Dawn is a female Ash version and they have really many similarities.

That's it for me now, after stalking you for those many months I will try the best I can to be an active member on this thread. Hanzer peace out :D

Great that you've decided to join up then, welcome! I can be lazy too sometimes *cough*, lol.
I agree with what you just said there. This ship, and Dawn, has something so much different, so unique. It's kinda hard to explain or you're not sure of what it is, kinda mystique and mysterious, isn't it?

The female Ash version and the similarities are something that makes it so great too. That makes them so much compatible with each other, as clearly shown in the series.

We hope to see more from you then, fellow Pearlshipper!

p96822

Evolve me please
What if Dawn would be jealous over Serena who kiss Ash on the check. What would Dawn do to confront Serena

What if Dawn would be jealous over Serena who kiss Ash on the check. What would Dawn do to confront Serena?
I don't think Dawn would confront her, honestly. She doesn't seem like the type to act that way.
I could definitely see her getting jealous though, but I think she would be surprised by that fact since she's typically almost as dense as Ash is.
Maybe she'd ask Ash about the deal between them later on?

Hikatoshi26

What if Dawn would be jealous over Serena who kiss Ash on the check. What would Dawn do to confront Serena

In a word, no. Dawn wouldn't be jealous because she is not the envious type. She would feel some kind of way about and would just ask Ash whats up. Dawn isn't Serena or Misty they would/have gotten Jealous. Envy is too OoC for Dawn. She also wouldn't confront Serena she wouod sooner confront Ash or take the best friend role and support them in a typical anime fashion.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.

I don't see this scenario happening in any team because two main reasons:

-1) The ship with Ash and Dawn has numerous hints (some of them being notable), but isn't stated cannon nor they did things like directly blushing to Ash , having "love" rivals for Ash, etc.

-2) I don't see Dawn changing too much her personality because he fears that "Ash has a wife". I think (for the reason above) that Dawn won't care about it.

Other thing is Serena being jealous to Dawn... This could be a different story because one High Touch can make Serena think that Ash has a relationship.

There's a big difference between SatoHika and SatoSere that we shouldn't forget.
SatoHika is a fanon shipping caused because her close relationship between the two characters and people their characters complement each other very well, making them "a pairing".
SatoSere is a canon shipping caused because Serena met Ash when they were childs and save her life. When ash went to kalos, Serena saw him, wanted to see gain and fall in love with it, developing a crush to the main character. And is one-sided.

Last edited:
I don't see this scenario happening in any team because two main reasons:

-1) The ship with Ash and Dawn has numerous hints (some of them being notable), but isn't stated cannon nor they did things like directly blushing to Ash , having "love" rivals for Ash, etc.

-2) I don't see Dawn changing too much her personality because he fears that "Ash has a wife". I think (for the reason above) that Dawn won't care about it.

Other thing is Serena being jealous to Dawn... This could be a different story because one High Touch can make Serena think that Ash has a relationship.

There's a big difference between SatoHika and SatoSere that we shouldn't forget.
SatoHika is a fanon shipping caused because her close relationship between the two characters and people their characters complement each other very well, making them "a pairing".
SatoSere is a canon shipping caused because Serena met Ash when they were childs and save her life. When ash went to kalos, Serena saw him, wanted to see gain and fall in love with it, developing a crush to the main character. And is one-sided.

Agreed.
I find it hard to say whether she'd care at all or not, but if she did, it wouldn't be an obvious outward reaction like the kind Serena would have the other way around.
It is true that their relationship would be something that'd have to develop, rather than being canonically present already. But they'd certainly have a better chance of succeeding as a pair, that's for sure. She wouldn't outwardly show any disdain either way.

The ship with Ash and Dawn has numerous hints (some of them being notable), but isn't stated cannon nor they did things like directly blushing to Ash , having "love" rivals for Ash, etc.

Things like 'blushing' shouldn't always be taken seriously, especially when it happens frequently, in my opinion. Take it with a grain of salt. SatoHika doesn't need many romantic hints or many 'love' rivals. Their relationship shows it and doesn't need it, at all, if any. In my opinion, their undeniable bond, connection and relationship is something that can flow easily into romance. This is how a relationship should work: building up such a close bond and relationship to such a high level that you trust and believe in each other, without a doubt. This relationship can easily cross the bridge between friendship and romantic relationship. For SatoHika; friendship into romantic relationship.

In my opinion, this is the only realistic ship, since both Satoshi and Hikari have such a strong bond and connection.

Last edited:
Hello there fellow Pearlshippers, I'm Sakura. Some of you guys may know from Pearlshipping Vault.
I've been a devoted Pearlshipper since the start of DP and will always remain one.

Vintrial

Whouffle.

In most relationships, lovers are best friends before being lovers.
Ash and Dawn have the being best friends thingy inside a relationship.
Only that they don't have that said relationship.

I agree with friendship going into a romantic relationship; Ash and Dawn are the closest friends IMO after all. Not only would a close bond and connection flow the easiest to a relationship (after confessing), I think it would also last the longest and stay the strongest. Plus Ash and Dawn's already powerful connection is among the closest ever seen from the show.

As for "love rivals", Ash was actually a love rival to Conway and Kenny when they wanted Dawn. And Pearlshipping goes much deeper than just surface level blushing.

I agree. It's the closest I've ever seen and it would definitely last the longest and strongest, no doubt. But I doubt 'longest' and 'strongest'. I would say 'last forever'. They're just inseparable.

There are simply no 'love' rivals and 'blushing' needed. It goes far beyond that. 'love' rivals and 'blushing' are something fans want. But really, it doesn't help much. The 'love' rivals in DP even stimulated Pearlshipping more.

Why hello dar Sakura :]. Enjoy the ride x].

Let's keep it going guys! It's going a little slow now, so, anyone has a nice topic to share?

Last edited:
I agree with everything said above.

As for another topic? Um... We've all agreed that those two are rather dense, but hypothetically speaking...

If something were to spark an actual relationship between Ash and Dawn, what do you think it could be? What kind of scenario could you see unfolding to lead to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.