• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with everything said above.

As for another topic? Um... We've all agreed that those two are rather dense, but hypothetically speaking...

If something were to spark an actual relationship between Ash and Dawn, what do you think it could be? What kind of scenario could you see unfolding to lead to it?

Hard one... So many you can think of. Maybe a person that actually gives their relationship a push forward, so to the next step? Kinda like Lyra did to Dawn, but a person that pushes both Dawn and Ash. I could definitely see that the relationship will go to the next step after that then....

There are just so many things....

It's been slow recently, let's keep it coming fellow shippers!

Last edited:

SmellYaLater

If something were to spark an actual relationship between Ash and Dawn, what do you think it could be? What kind of scenario could you see unfolding to lead to it?

Like lightandwill said, so many ideas could happen in the anime and its all down to the writer to decide but to me I think they would perhaps have secret crushes on one another but do well to hide it. Maybe later on of them spills to beans to someone and the other one knows. Then it starts to get awkward but eventually admit their feelings to each other.

phanpycross

God-king
I agree with everything said above.

As for another topic? Um... We've all agreed that those two are rather dense, but hypothetically speaking...

Hard question.

Maybe a "snow way out" scenario, with Dawn and Ash being caught alone, and either admiting their love, just in case.

I like that idea SmellYa.

Hard question.

Maybe a "snow way out" scenario, with Dawn and Ash being caught alone, and either admiting their love, just in case.

Yet simple, but effective, hilarious, nice and cute scenario at the same time. I like it, lol. Kudos for that.

Here are two topics I thought of to keep it going. Excuse me if it's been used before.

1. What would remind Dawn and Ash of each other? So what situations, objects, events, etcetera?

2. What would make Dawn meet Ash again, or the other way around? Or how would they meet again?

Last edited:

ChloboShoka

Writer
Nice to see some people from the Vault.

What would remind Dawn and Ash of each other? So what situations, objects, events, etcetera?

I think it would be the colour pink. Pink to make the boys wink! Dawn wears that lovely pink dress which is adorable.

Kuvario

I am who I am...because of them.
What would remind Dawn and Ash of each other? So what situations, objects, events, etcetera?

I'd say it's Piplup that'd remind Ash of Dawn, and Pikachu with Dawn. I mean think about it, Ash is Pokémon obsessed, and Dawn has been with Ash's Pikachu for the Same amount of time, and meeting Pikachu did lead her to meet Ash, so it all works.

I agree with Pikachu and Piplup reminding them of each other. I also think contests in general will remind them of each other. Ash participated in his first official contest with Dawn and also the techniques and combinations Dawn had created had helped Ash in his gym battles.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
What would make Dawn meet Ash again, or the other way around? Or how would they meet again?

Well, something like this in the Kalos Region, if there's a contest, then Ash and Dawn will meet once more.

Last edited:

dechirures

Heaven Or Hell
What do you see, and in your opinion, as the most essential aspect in Pearlshipping? How does Pearlshipping distinguish herself so well (from other ships)?

Like almost everyone said their bonds and strong friendship is what really make Pearlshipping it's just natural like ermm innocent? Moments throughout the series. The support they give each other... The simple things they do when one was feeling down.

What would make Dawn meet Ash again, or the other way around? Or how would they meet again?

Well, something like this in the Kalos Region, if there's a contest, then Ash and Dawn will meet once more.

I seriously do hope to see contests in the anime again though. Contests were one of the things that really made Pokémon, well, Pokémon. Contests were one of the many things that I enjoyed really much. It adds a lot of value into the show in my opinion.

SmellYaLater

With the Ruby and Sapphire remakes coming out soon, chances there might be contests in the anime somehow and there's no contests without Dawn being involved! :)

It would be great if Ash somehow bumped into Dawn without know he was in Kalos! I think it would be much better if it was vice versa this time because it wouldn't feel right if Dawn just went to see him again. Also it will be nice to see how it will go and how they would react finding each other in the same region.

Chris the ash fan

Well for starers I've Watched every Pokemon series they had the when they started with DP that's when I noticed Dawn's journey was very much the same As Ash's when she Saw that legendary Pokemon back at the lake that's I started to watch more so far Ash and Dawn have be came the best of friends in episode 4 an that grew in to something more through out the whole Diamond and Pearl series I've heard what lots of people said then Dawn and Ash are very much alike and I agree with that to ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope to see contests returning again, and with the remakes coming soon, chances are there. Then, Hikari please, lol.
I like that idea SmellYa. Would be great if it is vice versa yeah, Satoshi meeting Hikari - intense high five, lol.

Well for starers I've Watched every Pokemon series they had the when they started with DP that's when I noticed Dawn's journey was very much the same As Ash's when she Saw that legendary Pokemon back at the lake that's I started to watch more so far Ash and Dawn have be came the best of friends in episode 4 an that grew in to something more through out the whole Diamond and Pearl series I've heard what lots of people said then Dawn and Ash are very much alike and I agree with that to ;) btw I'm kinda fun and pretty big on you tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_MIWOLvSGo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d43nZd6eRE an hope you guy would like to watch these links I send to you...So any way making you tube videos about ash and dawn is the reason why I'm a pearlshipper after finding lots of hints from DP in the past now I'm here to show what I can do with a little imagination :D.

Welcome! Always great to see new people joining in! Enjoy it!
Sounds all great! And you gotta love the fact that Satoshi and Hikari are alike eh - chemistry ;). So many things in common! Their bond and relationship grew into something indescribable and it already started at the beginning of the series.

Last edited:

UDI

Orange Hero
well XY's rating has not been very good in the lats episodes in Japan, rating is even lower than in BW, perhaps the production of anime trater think back to Dawn (as cameo least) to try to increase the rating of XY as it happened with BW. Dawn as it still retains great popularity in japan

i draw Dawn in a new ouftit for a posible cameo for XY (taking clothes features of Hilda and Leaf)

http://hildergan.tumblr.com/image/89716493161

well XY's rating has not been very good in the lats episodes in Japan, rating is even lower than in BW, perhaps the production of anime trater think back to Dawn (as cameo least) to try to increase the rating of XY as it happened with BW. Dawn as it still retains great popularity in japan

i draw Dawn in a new ouftit for a posible cameo for XY (taking clothes features of Hilda and Leaf)

I don't really keep up with ratings myself to be honest, but I wouldn't be surprised. Hikari all the way! There is no doubt about her great popularity in Japan, still today. And also look at Pochama.

Liking the drawing by the way! Looks cool!

BTW Hildergan, Ratings aren't important for the anime (although they're catalysts to marketing sales). Toy sales are the more important, and, in that field, Pokemon XY is making even a lot worse than Best Wishes. As said into Bandai's 2014 "who's your favourite charachet/series for children" survey, Pokemon went downhill. It placed 8th with a meager 3,4% in the 2014 survey, made when XY was airing the episode 27 (Past year Pokemon placed 3rd place with 8,1% of preference. That survey was made when Decolora was still airing). If you want to see the survey, go to jap. Bandai site. For strange reasons, Crunchyroll didn't still post the survey. So, with this track record, the idea for a Hikari & Pochama cameo in order to save toy sales isn't too outlandish, for these things it would be totaly necesary for the anime survival, cuz they're still the most popular female lead in Japan, and chief writer Atsuhiro Tomioka wouldn't let his shipping die so easily... so, the cameo, if it's made, will be full of SatoHika hints xDDD.

In ForosDZ I've posted the translated 2013 and 2014 surveys results

Last edited:

SmellYaLater

Well for starers I've Watched every Pokemon series they had the when they started with DP that's when I noticed Dawn's journey was very much the same As Ash's when she Saw that legendary Pokemon back at the lake that's I started to watch more so far Ash and Dawn have be came the best of friends in episode 4 an that grew in to something more through out the whole Diamond and Pearl series I've heard what lots of people said then Dawn and Ash are very much alike and I agree with that to ;) btw I'm kinda fun and pretty big on you tube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_MIWOLvSGo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d43nZd6eRE an hope you guy would like to watch these links I send to you...So any way making you tube videos about ash and dawn is the reason why I'm a pearlshipper after finding lots of hints from DP in the past now I'm here to show what I can do with a little imagination :D.

Welcome to the pearlshipping thread hope you enjoy yourself!!! Love your Video's btw hope you upload more in the future (maybe some about pearl??) :p

Some how im starting to wonder if the anime is starting to appeal more to western fans rather the Japan itself. Could that be the reason for lower ratings???
Also nice drawing btw! Dawn to me looks very similar to leaf which is a good thing considering Ash is based of Red! Now if you think about it could Dawn's design be based of Leaf cause both dresses look very alike. Im saying this because Red and Leaf are a pair and Ash and Dawn are a pair! Plus both couples are popular in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.