• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW Hildergan, Ratings aren't important for the anime (although they're catalysts to marketing sales). Toy sales are the more important, and, in that field, Pokemon XY is making even a lot worse than Best Wishes. As said into Bandai's 2014 "who's your favourite charachet/series for children" survey, Pokemon went downhill. It placed 8th with a meager 3,4% in the 2014 survey, made when XY was airing the episode 27 (Past year Pokemon placed 3rd place with 8,1% of preference. That survey was made when Decolora was still airing). If you want to see the survey, go to jap. Bandai site. For strange reasons, Crunchyroll didn't still post the survey. So, with this track record, the idea for a Hikari & Pochama cameo in order to save toy sales isn't too outlandish, for these things it would be totaly necesary for the anime survival, cuz they're still the most popular female lead in Japan, and chief writer Atsuhiro Tomioka wouldn't let his shipping die so easily... so, the cameo, if it's made, will be full of SatoHika hints xDDD.

In ForosDZ I've posted the translated 2013 and 2014 surveys results

Very interesting information is this, since I don't keep up with ratings myself or don't pay a lot of attention to it. Hikari and Pochama please!

Ah.. Atsuhiro Tomioka.... He will obviously be bombarding the cameo with hints, literally.

Last edited:

IceArceus

LetTheStormRageOn
Nice to see so many new peeps on the thread! Haven't been on in a while but the thread's been staying active, which is nice.

It's interesting how toy sales and ratings would benefit from Pearlshiping- which is inevitable if Dawn makes a cameo. As always, the popularity in Japan is an advantage.

:) very soon I might work on a new pearlshipping video :).

Sounds cool! The more, the merrier ;).

So here a new topic:

Where in Kalos could see you Hikari making a possible return to reunite with Satoshi? And in what outfit do you want to see her?

I thought of maybe Snowbelle City with her Platinum outfit. I was always in love with that outfit!

SmellYaLater

Sounds cool! The more, the merrier ;).

So here a new topic:

Where in Kalos could see you Hikari making a possible return to reunite with Satoshi? And in what outfit do you want to see her?

I thought of maybe Snowbelle City with her Platinum outfit. I was always in love with that outfit!

I agree, she should return in snowbelle city and the city might suit her considering it's similar to Sinnoh's Snowpoint city. Might even play the jubilife city tune just like in x and y :D. I loved her platinum outfit too but i think she should return in something completely new like Ash does every series! She's like a main character for crying out loud!!!

Hanzer

Water Goddess Enjoyer
Probably in Snowbelle City with her Platinum outfit, or in a newer outfit in an other city for a random reason (maybe Wallace cup or another competition) Note: if that's the case it would be probable that May comes around too. Somewhere deep in the thread somebody said that was a good idea if Dawn make a cameo in Lumiose City with Paris, the Pokemon Stylist. I thought it was a really good option, because Paris is supposedly from Kalos (she says often the french phrase "tres bien" and Kalos is based from France so style etc.) The scenario was somewhat like this:
Serena sees that a new Pokemon Collection show is taking place in Lumiose and she's excited about it and she somehow gets Ash and the others to watch it with her, they watch it and on the stage here comes a Buneary, everything is normal but Ash have his ultra natural impression that he knows her from somewhere and then at the end of the show all the poke-models are in stage with their trainers and here is Dawn in a beautiful dress, Ash notices her (and maybe Paris too with her Lopunny) and Dawn does it too and winks and smiles at him and the show ends.

It wasn't exactly like that but I wrote here what I could remember (I'm too lazy to search for it though xD ) but it's the same concept, Poke-Collection in Lumiose with Dawn and her Buneary and Paris and her Lopunny, yeah it's a good option.

OR Dawn is in a journey in Kalos and they meet by complete accident, well that would be fun :D

Probably in Snowbelle City with her Platinum outfit, or in a newer outfit in an other city for a random reason (maybe Wallace cup or another competition) Note: if that's the case it would be probable that May comes around too. Somewhere deep in the thread somebody said that was a good idea if Dawn make a cameo in Lumiose City with Paris, the Pokemon Stylist. I thought it was a really good option, because Paris is supposedly from Kalos (she says often the french phrase "tres bien" and Kalos is based from France so style etc.) The scenario was somewhat like this:
Serena sees that a new Pokemon Collection show is taking place in Lumiose and she's excited about it and she somehow gets Ash and the others to watch it with her, they watch it and on the stage here comes a Buneary, everything is normal but Ash have his ultra natural impression that he knows her from somewhere and then at the end of the show all the poke-models are in stage with their trainers and here is Dawn in a beautiful dress, Ash notices her (and maybe Paris too with her Lopunny) and Dawn does it too and winks and smiles at him and the show ends.

It wasn't exactly like that but I wrote here what I could remember (I'm too lazy to search for it though xD ) but it's the same concept, Poke-Collection in Lumiose with Dawn and her Buneary and Paris and her Lopunny, yeah it's a good option.

OR Dawn is in a journey in Kalos and they meet by complete accident, well that would be fun :D

Yeah, I like that idea a lot too!

So why would she go on a journey through Kalos? The idea would be lovely though!

Hanzer

Water Goddess Enjoyer
Yeah, I like that idea a lot too!

So why would she go on a journey through Kalos? The idea would be lovely though!
Maybe just a contest journey, or she's with a friend that she met from somewhere, and they both travel through Kalos. A double cameo of Dawn and May in a Wallace Cup would be nice for me.

SmellYaLater

Dawn should return along with lyra though!! Obviously we need Lyra back due to the fact she's a massive pearlshipper :p

Jknombricks

Just some guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q0jErxMm54

I've made a pearlshipping video...it may not be too good..still i tried..pls watch it

It's always good to see new Pearlshipping videos being made like yours, Kanrprince. In particular, the video quality was good visually. :)

I think the real question is this:
Do you think Dawn will return or appear anytime in the XY series?

To me, the possibility is always high. Ash has already made a reference to Dawn's Piplup so it is without a doubt that Dawn's presence is still there.

Last edited:

hopeful sleeper

carefree dreamer
Just how difficult has it become to be optimistic about pearlshipping? Regardless of how much Dawn deserves to be brought back, there is a real likelihood that she will not return. On top of that, the possibility of Ash ending up with another girl is as strong as never before.

Each time I think of Hikari and Satoshi, I am overwhelmed by a wistful nostalgia. Not long ago, the future was so promising...

Don't die, SatoHika.

SmellYaLater

Yeah Dawn will most likely not return but we can only hope. SatoHika will never die with the amount of supporters is has. Especially in Japan!

Pearl-Chan!

Hello!

I'm not new to this thread, but I have been VERY inactive for a long long time. I believe the last time I was on here was back in 2012. Anywho, I have returned, invigorated with a love for Pearlshipping once more. Ever since I've heard of Amourshipping (and even checked it out and tried to understand it...it's IMO completely one-sided, but a nice change for the Pokémon series) I felt as though I needed to come and support my old fellow Pearlshippers! I'm so happy to see that this thread remains strong despite the odds and "dark times". I agree that DP and Dawn are still more popular in Japan, so I'll always have hope in the slight chance of cameos and other stuff of the sort. I'm an artist and I have recently made some SatoHika art of my own...maybe I'll post them on here sometime. :)

Chris the ash fan

I wish I was smart to make a good anime with Ash an Dawn in it...that be pretty neat All I would need are voice actors an the anime charaters that I might use hmm I might even probably do Twich maybe next week or so an tell every pearlshipper about it an I'll need Dawn A rival for Ash an I think I do a good impression of Ash XD the professors Oak and Rowan Ash's mom Dawn's mom to an some new evil organization trying to take over the Kanto Region Team Omega ha ha. I like the Ideas I get some times xD so cool.

Jknombricks

Just some guy
Hello!

I'm not new to this thread, but I have been VERY inactive for a long long time. I believe the last time I was on here was back in 2012. Anywho, I have returned, invigorated with a love for Pearlshipping once more. Ever since I've heard of Amourshipping (and even checked it out and tried to understand it...it's IMO completely one-sided, but a nice change for the Pokémon series) I felt as though I needed to come and support my old fellow Pearlshippers! I'm so happy to see that this thread remains strong despite the odds and "dark times". I agree that DP and Dawn are still more popular in Japan, so I'll always have hope in the slight chance of cameos and other stuff of the sort. I'm an artist and I have recently made some SatoHika art of my own...maybe I'll post them on here sometime. :)
Hello there, and your fanart must be great!

I always hear that DP and Dawn are very popular in Japan but I am never actually sure if it is true.

I wish I was smart to make a good anime with Ash an Dawn in it...that be pretty neat All I would need are voice actors an the anime charaters that I might use hmm I might even probably do Twich maybe next week or so an tell every pearlshipper about it an I'll need Dawn A rival for Ash an I think I do a good impression of Ash XD the professors Oak and Rowan Ash's mom Dawn's mom to an some new evil organization trying to take over the Kanto Region Team Omega ha ha. I like the Ideas I get some times xD so cool.

Ending the anime with a season having Ash and Dawn as the main characters would be a great idea! This could happen if they truly care about Dawn when the anime comes to a close. Then again, the anime is based off the games so...

SmellYaLater

Hello!

Welcome back again! It's great that you still support pearlshipping even when amour seem's to be getting all the hype!!!!!!! It would be nice to see some of your art sometime aswell!! :)
Satohika still remains strong and it will never die!!

I reckon one day, we'll be able to somehow create our own anime for ourselves that we can share and like you said, it would be cool for if they had their own little anime. Imagine what ideas would be made that we can see :p

Pearl-Chan!

Thank you all for the warm welcome back! I'm excited to be here again. :) So! Here's some stuff SatoHika that I'm currently working on. I have three sketches and I'm trying to choose one to completely line and color. Maybe you guys could help me choose one! Let's get some discussion started up in here. With all this Amourshipping we should keep our minds focused on Pearlshipping! Anyways, here are the SatoHika works in progress!I've Missed You!.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.