• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think that within kalos, dawn will not appear. But if they go either to hoenn or the next reigion serena follows but then surpize, dawn is there too. But tge main principle is the same. Dawn will interact in the almost-couple like way with ash, and serena will have some clashes with dawn over this for a while. But she will eventually see that ash is perfect for dawn.

Oh and btw I like the serena/kenny pararell theory.

Wasn't Dawn's Buneary into fashion and stuff? Dawn went after that modeling opportunity once they called her so Kalos seems plausible to bring her back. At least compared to the other female companions.

I think Iris will come back in XY, when Iris see Serena reaction with Ash and see Serena feeling, she will tease Serena like : " Did you know Ash may have some girl he like?" Serena will:"What???? Who is she?"

TheBraveGallade

I think Iris will come back in XY, when Iris see Serena reaction with Ash and see Serena feeling, she will tease Serena like : " Did you know Ash may have some girl he like?" Serena will:"What???? Who is she?"

Thats... actually a very plausable thing that may happen, seeing as iris likes to tease people, has seen dawn and ash, and is likly to appear in XY.

foxkrystal

Badaladaladala!

It took me a bit to understand what you were saying, but as for a recommendation, try and clarify what you're saying so you don't confuse other people especially the staff members that monitor this thread. They could point you out for either not being on topic with the thread, or offending the thread using Iris and Serena (It sounds like it's being anti-pearl if you know what I mean).

I totally agree with Aquatic, since Hikari stayed in Sinnoh so her Lompunny can go into fashion as also shown in another episode back in the day, Hikari could likely make an appearance or be a reference to Serena and her fashion contests with her pokemon. How would this relate to Pearlshipping? A possibility of Satoshi bringing Hikari up as a reference to Serena's contests or probably getting excited to see Hikari again if she does make an appearance directly or indirectly. To be honest, why wouldn't he be excited to see Hikari again?

xEryChan

Demon Child
Just a reminder.

• No One Liners - If your post contains only one line, it is considered as SPAM (Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages). Please explain more when posting.

To clarify, a one liner isn't necessarily just one sentence. If a post, even if it is made up of multiple sentences, does not exceed more than one line of text, it is still considered to be a one liner. The reasoning behind this is explained in the Shippers Community Rules, which you all should have read before you started posting here.

I'll let it slide for now but next time, please make sure that all of your posts here, exceed more than one line of text. If not, you're putting yourself at risk for a spamming infraction.

I also want to encourage you that if you noticed any rule breaking posts, to report them.

That's all, carry on.

Ninjagamer720

Pearlshipper 4 EVER!
To be honest, why wouldn't he be excited to see Hikari again?

Yea, Ash was much more excited when dawn visited compared to may or misty. He wanted to battle her instantly and was down when she rejected him. He and Dawn both are strong trainers which ash clearly see and thats a reason to why they get along so well. But let`s face it, its very unlikely that dawn will make an apperence soon. I can see her making one in a future episode that focuses on a reunion between ashs old companions. Maybe at the end of XY or maybe the last arc in Pokemon if they ever plan to end it.

Lets put our hopes on the XY writers as they have pulled of many brave moves in XY like serenas canon crush and teasing people with episode titles like " Ash and Serenas First Date" (Although this pissed me of)

TheBraveGallade

Also dawn and ash have gone through a lot together, more than misty or may in my opinion. The three creation trio+arceus movies help a lot here, but I think the main part is the recurring villins in DP. Galatic seems much more threatning than TR or plasma or even aqua/magma. Hunter J also has h big role in this. I was surprized the writers got away with her. All these make it seem like DP is very long, almost as long as misty was with ash... and far more eventful. Not as much pure filler, with swiching from contest to leauge gym to contest and back to gyms again...

Hey guys! I know it's been a billion years since I've posted lol but I just wanted to announce that I've updated the first post a bit to tweak some rules (IMPORTANT IN TERMS OF FANART), add a member, and adjust the general aesthetic/look of it all.

I'm online at the moment and will be for the next few days maybe?? So take this opportunity to message me if you want to be part of the list. I feel like it doesn't matter anymore but if you want I can do it. :]

Since I'm here I might as well answer the latest topic

If Hikari were to make an appearance in the XY series, how would it happen and how can her interaction with Satoshi be relevant?

Oh my god I just came up with the wildest idea

What if Dawn secretly wanted to participate in Showcases and showed up during one, at the same time against Serena?? Dawn would be a rookie ofc because it would be her first one but Ash would be SUPER excited to see her perform and would have high expectations of her. He'd be like "Oh you guys just wait, she will BLOW YOUR MINDS with her awesomeness!!" but then he'd be conflicted over who to root for LOL

I can't help it, I love it when Ash fanboys over Dawn and shows her off to his friends. He's like LOOK AT MY AWESOME GIRLFRIEND GUYS ISN'T SHE AMAZING??

Last edited:
It took me a bit to understand what you were saying, but as for a recommendation, try and clarify what you're saying so you don't confuse other people especially the staff members that monitor this thread. They could point you out for either not being on topic with the thread, or offending the thread using Iris and Serena (It sounds like it's being anti-pearl if you know what I mean).

I totally agree with Aquatic, since Hikari stayed in Sinnoh so her Lompunny can go into fashion as also shown in another episode back in the day, Hikari could likely make an appearance or be a reference to Serena and her fashion contests with her pokemon. How would this relate to Pearlshipping? A possibility of Satoshi bringing Hikari up as a reference to Serena's contests or probably getting excited to see Hikari again if she does make an appearance directly or indirectly. To be honest, why wouldn't he be excited to see Hikari again?
My bad, my English skills quite suck.
I mean Iris will has her cameo, and when she hang out with them, when Iris see Serena's crush on Ash and she will tease Serena about Ash have some girl like him and Ash may like her too. Serena get jealous and question who is the girl Iris talk about. Iris may mention about Dawn succes, Ash will very happy for her, and Serena will evolve into fire type.
I bet when Iris leave, Serena will question Ash about his relationship with Dawn.

TheBraveGallade

Hey guys! I know it's been a billion years since I've posted lol but I just wanted to announce that I've updated the first post a bit to tweak some rules (IMPORTANT IN TERMS OF FANART), add a member, and adjust the general aesthetic/look of it all.

I'm online at the moment and will be for the next few days maybe?? So take this opportunity to message me if you want to be part of the list. I feel like it doesn't matter anymore but if you want I can do it. :]

If Hikari were to make an appearance in the XY series, how would it happen and how can her interaction with Satoshi be relevant?

What if Dawn secretly wanted to participate in Showcases and showed up during one, at the same time against Serena?? Dawn would be a rookie ofc because it would be her first one but Ash would be SUPER excited to see her perform and would have high expectations of her. He'd be like "Oh you guys just wait, she will BLOW YOUR MINDS with her awesomeness!!" but then he'd be conflicted over who to root for LOL

I can't help it, I love it when Ash fanboys over Dawn and shows her off to his friends. He's like LOOK AT MY AWESOME GIRLFRIEND GUYS ISN'T SHE AMAZING??

OMG never thought of that before and its awesome! Both contesets and showcases focus a LOT on execution and beuty and showing off your pokemon. So dawn would be a natrual. And ash can fanboy over how amazing she is, and vise versa when she sees ash battling.

I could also see them take a trip to hoenn and serena in turn participating in some contests as well.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
What do you like about Pearlshipping?

Ah, yes. The first topic of the 2nd thread. Well, I love their bond and interactions. Dawn seems to be closer to Ash than the other girls, and shares a lot of things in common with him. They're always cheering each other on, worrying deeply for each other, trust each other, and enjoy the other's company greatly. Probably what attracts me the most is their strong friendship. If this ship were to go the romantic way, then it wouldn't be so hard to build since they know each other so well and are inseparable. That's mainly what I like about Pearlshipping.

Hi everyone. This isn't my first post on Serebii, just my first one on this thread. Shortly after I discovered the big site for Fanfiction, I ventured to the Pokemon fandom as a Pearlshipper. For a while though, I had become neutral to the ship because Dawn began to truly feel as though she was more like the little sister that Ash never had. While she does still somewhat feel this way, the post I am quoting pretty much sums up why I like the ship. I've recently stepped off the S.S. Amour and am getting back into Pearlshipping and I hope you all will welcome me in this thread/community!

TheBraveGallade

Hi everyone. This isn't my first post on Serebii, just my first one on this thread. Shortly after I discovered the big site for Fanfiction, I ventured to the Pokemon fandom as a Pearlshipper. For a while though, I had become neutral to the ship because Dawn began to truly feel as though she was more like the little sister that Ash never had. While she does still somewhat feel this way, the post I am quoting pretty much sums up why I like the ship. I've recently stepped off the S.S. Amour and am getting back into Pearlshipping and I hope you all will welcome me in this thread/community!

Well nice to see you jump on ss pearl. Not as overpopulated as the golden days, which lasted longer than any other ship, through BW. I do sorta like it though as there are less snobs on our ship that pre- kalos. We are probably still the dominent second ship though, we do need more fanfics as we lack them compared to poke and advanced...

Anyway, yeah what that post you quoted pretty much sums why most people like pearl or AADL or satohika. Although a lot of people argue that reminds them of sibling/platonic love, thier attentiveness to each others goals go a bit further than that. Plus, close friendships can evolve into romatic ones quite easily.

Shadow1275

Been about Two years since I last posted on this thread but I just recently started re-watching the D&P season because I got bored one day and after watching the High Touch opening it Stoked the ol Pearlshipping fire again.

If Dawn was to return in X and Y I think it would be not as a pokemon coordinator but as a result of Buneary's modeling career. Kalos is based on Paris and pokemon fashion and this is excuse enough for Dawn to show up. She could also show up as a performer trainer and I think she'd be a hell of a good one to boot.

As for the actual meeting, I think at first it would be a lot like BW where unlike his reunions with the other companions Dawn decides to screw around with Ash, but it won't last. Serena will quickly become jealous of Dawn teasing Ash bc of her own feelings. This will naturally be played for laughs and I believe that if Dawn did come back there would also be a scene where Dawn and her pokemon cheerlead for Ash again just because it would be hilarious to see Serena's reaction. In terms of Dawn though I think that she would jealous on the inside but would actually hide it because that is simply the kind of person she is. She's energetic and determined but she is also very kind often tries to keep the peace in arguments. Though as time goes on Dawn would tease Ash just to screw with Serena because we all know that deep down Dawn can troll with the best of them when she wants to. Pokemon are often a reflection of their trainers and knowing that I direct you to this little troll: piplup_u_mad_bro_by_inflationking-d5lxa3u.jpg

In the end though obviously Dawn and Serena will make up and yay friendship because it's pokemon, but it would be interesting to see how Serena's crush and Ash and Dawn's special bond would play out when put next to eachother.

It's the end of Diamond and Pearl. Ash and Brock are leaving for the Kanto region but Dawn and Piplup both want to go with them to Kanto. However Dawn recieves a message from her mother saying that her Buneary has the chance to become a famous pokemon model. This time though, there is no anime company/gaming company trying to push a Generation 5 pokemon game. In your opnion, what would happen next?

I posted this one for fun and I'll be the first one to answer it. While I love the ending to D and P and think it is the best season ending save for perhaps the departure of the original trio, it also strikes me as uncharacteristic of the characters in the first place. I think what would have actually happened is that Dawn would have chosen to with Ash. The reason I think this is simply because when given every chance to leave Ash she instead decides to stay with him and Brock. For example when given the option to shadow Zoey, an accomplished pokemon coordinator, she instead turns her down saying that she needs to cheer on Ash in his upcoming battles.

Another example is when Kenny battles Ash with the condition that if he wins Dawn has to stay with him. During the fight Dawn cheers for Ash, looks sad when he loses, and afterwards decides to stay with Ash despite everything Kenny has done to make her stay. Now the one hitch to this example is that Dawn in her parting letter to Kenny says he looked kind of cute when he was fighting Ash. But the reason why I don't put much stock into her calling Kenny cute is that at the end of the journey when Ash's battles are finished and he is returning to the Kanto region She still wants to follow him. Ash has already conquered the Kanto region's gym leaders and was simply going there to relax. But Dawn still wanted to follow him there.

Last edited:

TheBraveGallade

Been about Two years since I last posted on this thread but I just recently started re-watching the D&P season because I got bored one day and after watching the High Touch opening it Stoked the ol Pearlshipping fire again.

If Dawn was to return in X and Y I think it would be not as a pokemon coordinator but as a result of Buneary's modeling career. Kalos is based on Paris and pokemon fashion and this is excuse enough for Dawn to show up. She could also show up as a performer trainer and I think she'd be a hell of a good one to boot.

As for the actual meeting, I think at first it would be a lot like BW where unlike his reunions with the other companions Dawn decides to screw around with Ash, but it won't last. Serena will quickly become jealous of Dawn teasing Ash bc of her own feelings. This will naturally be played for laughs and I believe that if Dawn did come back there would also be a scene where Dawn and her pokemon cheerlead for Ash again just because it would be hilarious to see Serena's reaction. In terms of Dawn though I think that she would jealous on the inside but would actually hide it because that is simply the kind of person she is. She's energetic and determined but she is also very kind often tries to keep the peace in arguments. Though as time goes on Dawn would tease Ash just to screw with Serena because we all know that deep down Dawn can troll with the best of them when she wants to. Pokemon are often a reflection of their trainers and knowing that I direct you to this little troll: View attachment 14875

In the end though obviously Dawn and Serena will make up and yay friendship because it's pokemon, but it would be interesting to see how Serena's crush and Ash and Dawn's special bond would play out when put next to eachother.

It's the end of Diamond and Pearl. Ash and Brock are leaving for the Kanto region but Dawn and Piplup both want to go with them to Kanto. However Dawn recieves a message from her mother saying that her Buneary has the chance to become a famous pokemon model. This time though, there is no anime company/gaming company trying to push a Generation 5 pokemon game. In your opnion, what would happen next?

I posted this one for fun and I'll be the first one to answer it. While I love the ending to D and P and think it is the best season ending save for perhaps the departure of the original trio, it also strikes me as uncharacteristic of the characters in the first place. I think what would have actually happened is that Dawn would have chosen to with Ash. The reason I think this is simply because when given every chance to leave Ash she instead decides to stay with him and Brock. For example when given the option to shadow Zoey, an accomplished pokemon coordinator, she instead turns her down saying that she needs to cheer on Ash in his upcoming battles.

Another example is when Kenny battles Ash with the condition that if he wins Dawn has to stay with him. During the fight Dawn cheers for Ash, looks sad when he loses, and afterwards decides to stay with Ash despite everything Kenny has done to make her stay. Now the one hitch to this example is that Dawn in her parting letter to Kenny says he looked kind of cute when he was fighting Ash. But the reason why I don't put much stock into her calling Kenny cute is that at the end of the journey when Ash's battles are finished and he is returning to the Kanto region She still wants to follow him. Ash has already conquered the Kanto region's gym leaders and was simply going there to relax. But Dawn still wanted to follow him there.

A few fanfics actually play with this, mostly written when the very lackluster first seadon of BW aired. Theymake dawn follow ash after a few weeks of thinking it over. I for one REALLY think that DP ended in a rush. No post league exploration? Wtf?! That NEVER happened elsewhere, before OR after as of this point. I don't think they expected gen 5 to roll out this quickly when they first made the DP anime layout... DAWN shold follow him.

Satoshi & Touko

I read an M-rated Pearlshipping fanfic that had Dawn first being so upset at Ash and her parting ways that it was enough to sacrifice Buneary's modeling gig AND put a pause on her coordinating career just to go and be with Ash again. I loved the story, but no matter how strong of feelings Dawn has for Ash, I cannot believe she would do something like this for real. Boy oh boy, what an awesome handle this author had on the ship though...

And also, why does it feel like "High Touch" is connected to Pearlshipping? I'm fairly well versed with DP, but I still don't know everything.

Shadow1275

Lol, that's because High Touch is filled to the brim with Pearlshipping goodness. It's a duet about Ash and Dawn's bond together. But what makes it special is simply that it is the only time Ash had a duet with a girl about their bond. (Technically there was under the mistletoe sung by him and Misty, but that was only done by 4kids, they pushed Pokeshipping on purpose for views. High Touch was done by the Japanese.)

Besides, how many friends say to each other "Your smile will always be with me?" In a Duet no less

TheBraveGallade

I read an M-rated Pearlshipping fanfic that had Dawn first being so upset at Ash and her parting ways that it was enough to sacrifice Buneary's modeling gig AND put a pause on her coordinating career just to go and be with Ash again. I loved the story, but no matter how strong of feelings Dawn has for Ash, I cannot believe she would do something like this for real. Boy oh boy, what an awesome handle this author had on the ship though...

And also, why does it feel like "High Touch" is connected to Pearlshipping? I'm fairly well versed with DP, but I still don't know everything.

For dawn to actually feasably return, there HAS to be contests in that reigion. She would NEVER put her coordinating carrier on hold, just like how ash is about the league challenges.

foxkrystal

Badaladaladala!
For dawn to actually feasably return, there HAS to be contests in that reigion. She would NEVER put her coordinating carrier on hold, just like how ash is about the league challenges.

Okay, I'm going to put this out there because it's very important. PLEASE elaborate your responses on this thread; one-liners are not allowed in this forum and it should be kept that way so we don't receive warnings especially infractions on individuals.

I'm going to add a new topic since the other one got dry and it's about time we start off with something fresh.
What is your favorite Pearlshipping moment and what makes that moment unique?
I'm going to shy away from the high touch cliche and go with something that we rarely see in our characters.
i think the one episode that really stood out to me was DP061. This was the episode when Hikari lost the appeal round twice in a row. After her loss, Satoshi was very concerned for her to the point that her pain began to reflect his. For some reason, Satoshi actually connected to Hikari on a personal level to where he had to hide his face from showing how upset he was. We have rarely seen anything come from Satoshi especially since he's very oblivious to how people feel. In my opinion, he is emotionally closer to Hikari than the majority of the people he has met and this episode proves it.

Aura7541

Mine would probably be Hikari cheering for Satoshi during his rematch against Hyouta (Roark). It was really unexpected as she didn't necessarily have to go out of her way to don a cheerleading outfit. However, she did it because she wanted to and it would not be the last time either. No other female companion went that far to give Satoshi support during his gym battles.

Satoshi & Touko

Okay, I'm going to put this out there because it's very important. PLEASE elaborate your responses on this thread; one-liners are not allowed in this forum and it should be kept that way so we don't receive warnings especially infractions on individuals.

I'm going to add a new topic since the other one got dry and it's about time we start off with something fresh.
I'm going to shy away from the high touch cliche and go with something that we rarely see in our characters.
i think the one episode that really stood out to me was DP061. This was the episode when Hikari lost the appeal round twice in a row. After her loss, Satoshi was very concerned for her to the point that her pain began to reflect his. For some reason, Satoshi actually connected to Hikari on a personal level to where he had to hide his face from showing how upset he was. We have rarely seen anything come from Satoshi especially since he's very oblivious to how people feel. In my opinion, he is emotionally closer to Hikari than the majority of the people he has met and this episode proves it.

Given the modification of the one-liner rule, I don't think TheBraveGallade's post that you quoted counts as a "one-liner" anymore.

Anyway, back on topic cause that isn't a rule that's been modified, I would, for the time being, have to agree with Aura7541 concerning the bolded question. That's the best I can remember at the current moment. And Ash also had Pikachu "cheerlead" for Dawn during her contest in "Playing the Performance Encore" if my memory serves (not sure if it counts the same, but it happened). I really find it hard ATM to pick out a specific moment; I just really like their chemistry overall more than any other pair of Ash and a traveling companion. They just seem much closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.