• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow1275

My favorite Pearlshipping moments are two. The first is when Ash, Brock, and Dawn are riding rental bikes and Dawn reminds Ash about how pikachu made her bike extra crispy. But unlike Misty and May Dawn uses it as an opportunity to tease him and than just brushes it off. It showcases her kind personality and also how Ash and Dawn's relationship is different from the previous 2. My favorite moment though has to be when Dawn says she wants to go to Kanto with Ash at the end of the series. Before that point there had been two major moments where Dawn had the opportunity to leave Ash. First was when Zoey asked her to come with her and work together as Coordinators. The second was when Kenny asked her to join him on an adventure. When Zoey asked her to come Dawn said no and later confirmed that she wanted to cheer Ash on in his upcoming battles. When Kenny essentially told Danw to choose him or Ash she left him a letter saying that she was going to cheer Ash on at the Sinnoh League but once she was done she might join him and that he looked handsome. But the fact of the matter is that despite what she told Zoey and Kenny she still wanted to stay with Ash. That is why her saying she would follow Ash to Kanto is my favorite pearlshipping moment. Imo it proves that she cares more about Ash than Zoey or Kenny and she was letting Kenny down easily after he backed her into a corner with the whole jealous crush thing.

Ms. Dee Dee needs to come back, she is sorely missed

TheBraveGallade

My favorite Pearlshipping moments are two. The first is when Ash, Brock, and Dawn are riding rental bikes and Dawn reminds Ash about how pikachu made her bike extra crispy. But unlike Misty and May Dawn uses it as an opportunity to tease him and than just brushes it off. It showcases her kind personality and also how Ash and Dawn's relationship is different from the previous 2. My favorite moment though has to be when Dawn says she wants to go to Kanto with Ash at the end of the series. Before that point there had been two major moments where Dawn had the opportunity to leave Ash. First was when Zoey asked her to come with her and work together as Coordinators. The second was when Kenny asked her to join him on an adventure. When Zoey asked her to come Dawn said no and later confirmed that she wanted to cheer Ash on in his upcoming battles. When Kenny essentially told Danw to choose him or Ash she left him a letter saying that she was going to cheer Ash on at the Sinnoh League but once she was done she might join him and that he looked handsome. But the fact of the matter is that despite what she told Zoey and Kenny she still wanted to stay with Ash. That is why her saying she would follow Ash to Kanto is my favorite pearlshipping moment. Imo it proves that she cares more about Ash than Zoey or Kenny and she was letting Kenny down easily after he backed her into a corner with the whole jealous crush thing.

Ms. Dee Dee needs to come back, she is sorely missed

The fact thst she goes out of her way to dress up in a cheerleading costume and restyle her hair tells us how much she is dedicating toward cheering ash on on his important battles. I always chuckle when I see dawn cheering in the middle of the battles. Its very endearing.

I think we mentioned this in this forum a while ago, but the fact that when ash saw piplups in a zoo in XY, he mentions that he knows a piplup with an attitude. Which can only point to ONE piplup, the one we all know and love and had as much interaction and screentime as pikachu had in that series. And this is ASH we are talking about. He forgets about HIS pokemon as well, nevermind others. The fact that he remembered and even bothered to add that comment shows how much he cares and remembers about dawn.

Hanzer

Water Goddess Enjoyer
Hey, it was a long time since I posted here, it's good to be back...

My favorite Pearlshipping moment (from Dawn's side) would be the one where Dawn put out a show just for Ash who lost his battle against Paul, it was just so sweet... It shows how much she cares for him.
I also have one favorite moment from Ash's side, when he is hiding his eyes behind his hat when Dawn lost her second contest, it was sad and kind of cute at the same time. Both of them really care for each other, no one else had things done like they do in DP.

The fact thst she goes out of her way to dress up in a cheerleading costume and restyle her hair tells us how much she is dedicating toward cheering ash on on his important battles. I always chuckle when I see dawn cheering in the middle of the battles. Its very endearing.

I think we mentioned this in this forum a while ago, but the fact that when ash saw piplups in a zoo in XY, he mentions that he knows a piplup with an attitude. Which can only point to ONE piplup, the one we all know and love and had as much interaction and screentime as pikachu had in that series. And this is ASH we are talking about. He forgets about HIS pokemon as well, nevermind others. The fact that he remembered and even bothered to add that comment shows how much he cares and remembers about dawn.

I agree, it is unusual for Ash to mention even his own pokemon, and he is talking about Dawn's Piplup. It just shows that Ash is still thinking of Dawn even if they are apart.

Have you guys noticed in the beginning of the Diamond and Pearl saga (around episode 3) Dawn showed a worried expression towards Ash? I mean they never even meet or knew each others names and she was worried about him twice. My favorite hint has to be when She decided to continue to travel with Ash after the Grand Festival. She chose Ash over Zoey her BFF. I think that speaks volumes on how she felt about Ash.

UDI

Orange Hero
What is your favorite Pearlshipping moment and what makes that moment unique?

for the Dawn' side when she was worried of Ash, when he lost againts Paul and makes a perfomance for Ash, other good moment for Dawn's side is when she help Ash with Gliscor taining in the night (she was the only was that awakens in the night to help Ash) or when she talks to Maylene and mention how important is Ash's dreams for she.

for the Ash's side is his reaction when Dawn fails in the second contest, when Ash imagined Dawn attacked by a Onix and in the last episode when Ash tells "Dawn! no need to worry" and makes Dawn smile

Hanzer

Water Goddess Enjoyer
Have you guys noticed in the beginning of the Diamond and Pearl saga (around episode 3) Dawn showed a worried expression towards Ash? I mean they never even meet or knew each others names and she was worried about him twice. My favorite hint has to be when She decided to continue to travel with Ash after the Grand Festival. She chose Ash over Zoey her BFF. I think that speaks volumes on how she felt about Ash.

Yeah she was worried, buuut, isn't it somehow normal that you're worried for someone if this someone is climbing a giant robot and anytime can fall to his death, or can be hit by this robot's tentacle, even if you don't know that person? I don't reeeally consider it as a hint, but it's still quite interesting. But I agree that when she chose Ash over Zoey or even Kenny who showed signs of affection (and even tells it to her), it shows that she really feels big for Ash.

Last edited:

UDI

Orange Hero
do you think that Dawn appears in XYZ saga?

TheBraveGallade

Nah. She needs a real reason to appear in the anime again. Which means a reigion where contests are active is nessisary (I'm hoping for a huge revival of contests in and outside the games in gen 7) in BW she had the excuse of tagging along with cynthia. Though I WOULD like serena and dawn meeting up.
Maybe NEXT season? serena IS kind of nice...

Last edited:

Hanzer

Water Goddess Enjoyer

I don't think so. I mean I hope she will appear, but there is no reason... But we never know, maybe there will be a surprise from the writers. Quite honestly I'm waiting for a proper Dawn and Misty comeback, we haven't seen Misty in a very long time, Dawn's return in B/W felt a bit weird, still enjoyable, but I hoped for something better. May had a good return in DP actually. As for Iris, well... I can live without her. That doesn't mean I don't like her, she can be enjoyable (sometimes). Besides she's in Johto hunting dragons if I recall correctly so there really is no reason for her to return...

Chris the ash fan

Yeah what ever XY&Z can come up with for the next season I hope they can make the episodes really epic and to tell you all something cool I heard that Team Flare and Zyguard are coming up soon. Can't wait for that to happen even for Ash's and Allen's meet up It's like hype all around. You know I really would get excited if all of the old character's could return from the previous generations to watch ash win the Kalos League but before all that even happens I think that an Arc for Dawn to go to Kalos should happen. What do you guys think if Dawn was to go there with Paris so she can learn all there is about pokestyling and maybe try out a few Tripokalons herself just to see how different they are from contests would you guys like to see that happen?

Hanzer

Water Goddess Enjoyer
Yeah what ever XY&Z can come up with for the next season I hope they can make the episodes really epic and to tell you all something cool I heard that Team Flare and Zyguard are coming up soon. Can't wait for that to happen even for Ash's and Allen's meet up It's like hype all around. You know I really would get excited if all of the old character's could return from the previous generations to watch ash win the Kalos League but before all that even happens I think that an Arc for Dawn to go to Kalos should happen. What do you guys think if Dawn was to go there with Paris so she can learn all there is about pokestyling and maybe try out a few Tripokalons herself just to see how different they are from contests would you guys like to see that happen?

OF COURSE I would like that to happen. No. I would LOVE that to happen. Dawn is into style anyway so it's possible, but will it go this way, we never know.

Chris the ash fan

I agree with you there that we never know I've been making discussions on You Tube to tell pearlshippers to never lose hope an that Dawn will return. I'd say make a Minecraft role play of it that'll get pearlshippers and other Pokémon fans interested in Dawn's return maybe XD lol just thinking if it could happen like that it would be quite awesome :D.

I agree with you there that we never know I've been making discussions on You Tube to tell pearlshippers to never lose hope an that Dawn will return. I'd say make a Minecraft role play of it that'll get pearlshippers and other Pokémon fans interested in Dawn's return maybe XD lol just thinking if it could happen like that it would be quite awesome :D.
because people will take us serious for making a minecraft roleplay of pearlshipping. While we are at it why dont we just throw fnaf into the mix to make it even more mature. *whatamidoingwithmylife*

Last edited:

mayruka

AdvancedAmourShippin
today is pearlshipping day?

Ninjagamer720

Pearlshipper 4 EVER!
today is pearlshipping day?
Pretty sure it's on either 19th july or 28th september. 28th was DP the anime's first airing. Im not sure myself which day it is

Chris the ash fan

@Thatrandomfggot Hey man Don't be mean I was just saying that it could be nice to roleplay Pokémon on Minecraft that's all don't be mad bro and if you weren't sorry that I took your message the wrong way.

Hikatoshi26

I still have my hopes for a Dawn cameo in Snowbelle City it would be perfect and it could make sense depending on what happens after all the Team Flare stuff resolves maybe we could see bothe Iris and Dawn but Dawn is who I am still hoping for even if it is unprecedented.

foxkrystal

Badaladaladala!
I'm going to put a warning out there once again; absolutely no one-liners in any thread whatsoever. It comes across as spam and I don't want any of y'all to get a warning from the staff members once they return to patrol this thread and notice the issue. It is stated in the rules thread on serebii about one-liners and hopefully all of you understand that. Please break the habit and be more informative on your posts.
As for Hikari returning, I have read many discussions in the Pearlshipping Vault and I'm going to agree with some opinions there. It may be nice for her to return, however, there can also be a major risk if she does.
I'm going to start with the pro of her returning:
Hikari can help with Serena's development as a character. She is already a positive role model to female characters in the Pokemon series that shares independency and dependency. She shares the will to pick herself up and have the initiative to allow others to help her and criticize her when needed. She is passionate for her dream and can help Serena realize that she can be more independent than relying too much on one person to help her out. As for Satoshi and Hikari's friendship, there is a possibility that Serena can understand how powerful their friendship is and that Satoshi is much more passionate with the chemistry he has with Hikari (imo).
I'm not a fan of Serena being jealous at all of a girl with Satoshi, I'd rather see a positive side to her view on Satoshi and Hikari and see an inspiration within it.
Now for the con:
Hikari's friendship with Satoshi can be at a huge risk of not being the way it currently is. First, Hikari might notice Serena's crush for Satoshi and become a supporter for Serena's feelings. It's not a bad thing, but the friendship we know and are inspired by could fade drastically and we could get a lot of amourshippers on the internet attacking the pearlshipping thread like what some of the SS and NH fans of Naruto have done to the NS shippers beginning last November. There really is a risk for Hikari returning especially Pearlshipping, which makes me a little bit against having her return in the XY series. I'd rather have Airisu make the return since she has yet to do so and I would like to see more of her character development.

Status
Not open for further replies.