• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pearlshipping General Discussion - 3.0 *Spoiler Warning!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

UDI

Orange Hero
something curious about the last episode of XYZ, that episode was written by Aya Matsui who writen too "hold the phione" where Ash and Dawn saw a band of luvdisc and "uncrushing defeat" where Dawn perfmorms a show to cheer up Ash after the battle with Paul

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Must. Not. Let. This. Die!

I definitely want to go back and watch the BW episodes that Dawn appeared in because I miss her. I'm still really holding out hope for Dawn to come back during XYZ and meet up with Ash and Co. Seeing as how Serena has a crush on Ash, I can definitely see her getting jealous of the bond that Ash and Dawn share. Maybe she'd even become a Pearlshipper.

Okay, that probably won't happen but hey, a girl can dream, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 384931

I'm sorry but how exactly does this relate back to Pearlshipping? You must be aware that Game Freak is in no way in charge of the anime, they just create the games. The anime is not related to the games in any way and I don't get why you would post this in a thread made specifically to discuss Pearlshipping.

That's just what I think though.

I definitely want to go back and watch the BW episodes that Dawn appeared in because I miss her. I'm still really holding out hope for Dawn to come back during XYZ and meet up with Ash and Co. Seeing as how Serena has a crush on Ash, I can definitely see her getting jealous of the bond that Ash and Dawn share. Maybe she'd even become a Pearlshipper.

Girls can dream! Indeed that would be awsome, if she and May returns!

UDI

Orange Hero
Dawn has chances to comeback in Sun/Moon??

in the tráiler the male and female trainers looking asians and the region is based in Hawaii, the japanese tráiler reveals a japanese kid who is new in Hawaii

Ash and Dawn are the most asians characters in pokemon anime (Ash whit dark hair, Brown eyes, and Dawn with long and dark blue hair and light skin)

both male and female trainers are very similar to game's Dawn with light skin and black/gray hair and the hat of the female trainer is very similar to Dawn's hat

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
Dawn has chances to comeback in Sun/Moon??

in the tráiler the male and female trainers looking asians and the region is based in Hawaii, the japanese tráiler reveals a japanese kid who is new in Hawaii

Ash and Dawn are the most asians characters in pokemon anime (Ash whit dark hair, Brown eyes, and Dawn with long and dark blue hair and light skin)

both male and female trainers are very similar to game's Dawn with light skin and black/gray hair and the hat of the female trainer is very similar to Dawn's hat

Yeah i wish she would return as a main character but i don't see it happening unfortunately. I do see the similarities to Dawn but i'm sure they aren't going to do anything with it.

TheBraveGallade

I'm going to scream with joy if I can dress up as dawn in S/M. Even if I'm a guy.

I really do bekieve dawn's stories are FAR from over.
Unlike say, misty. Or may. (Would freaking love to see max as a trainer, but then ash has to be at least 14 or something)

Shadow1275

I'm sorry but how exactly does this relate back to Pearlshipping? You must be aware that Game Freak is in no way in charge of the anime, they just create the games. The anime is not related to the games in any way and I don't get why you would post this in a thread made specifically to discuss Pearlshipping.

That's just what I think though.

It's possible if they remake Diamond and Pearl. Considering how popular the Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby remakes were I wouldn't put it too far past them to remake the games. There are other references of Dawn too such as in the piplup cameo at the aquarium so the anime team hasn't forgotten her.

I doubt Serena would become a pearlshipper, but I'd love to see her reaction to Dawn and Ash high fiving. Dawn's a competitor and I'd love to see them duke it out for Captain Oblivious's attention. (Good luck ladies. You'd be better off offering him a Mewtwo.) It'd be great if Lyra was there too to "spice" up the competition a bit. She's always been a pearlshipper at heart.

Bolded: We. Will. Hold. The. Line.

Fjkpwek

It's possible if they remake Diamond and Pearl. Considering how popular the Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby remakes were I wouldn't put it too far past them to remake the games. There are other references of Dawn too such as in the piplup cameo at the aquarium so the anime team hasn't forgotten her.

I doubt Serena would become a pearlshipper, but I'd love to see her reaction to Dawn and Ash high fiving. Dawn's a competitor and I'd love to see them duke it out for Captain Oblivious's attention. (Good luck ladies. You'd be better off offering him a Mewtwo.) It'd be great if Lyra was there too to "spice" up the competition a bit. She's always been a pearlshipper at heart.

Bolded: We. Will. Hold. The. Line.

Yes. Remaking Diamond and Pearl would be a somewhat primary reason for bringing Dawn back. I as well want to see Serena's reaction to their high-fives. You're right too, Ash loves some Pokemon action, aside from food, and he would be certainly entertained if he sees the two battle.

UDI

Orange Hero
if ORAS had a good reception that means that means the contest also had a good recepction

then if the contest returns in Alola region the chances for Dawn's returns are high

Pikachu979

Sinnoh Champion
if ORAS had a good reception that means that means the contest also had a good recepction

then if the contest returns in Alola region the chances for Dawn's returns are high

That's my biggest hope That contests return so Dawn can too.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator

It's definitely possible. They've remade every other generation so I can't see them not remaking DP. But I can't see Dawn coming back. She already came back in BW so if DP were to be remade, the chances of Dawn making a comeback are slim to none.

It was mostly wishful thinking. I know Serena would never become an Pearlshipper, especially seeing that she has a crush on Ash. But hey, you never know, right?

I agree, I would love it if Lyra came back. I can definitely see us getting so Pearlshipping moments if she did.

xEryChan

Demon Child
I'm not exactly seeing how discussing the potential of a DP remake is relevant to Pearlshipping, guys. Please stay on topic. If you wanna discuss a DP remake, at least have it relate back to Pearlshipping somehow. K? Thanks.

It was mostly wishful thinking. I know Serena would never become an Pearlshipper, especially seeing that she has a crush on Ash. But hey, you never know, right?

I agree, I would love it if Lyra came back. I can definitely see us getting so Pearlshipping moments if she did.

I don't see Serena becoming a Pearlshipper. I mean, it would be nice if she did but I don't see that happening. The most I think would happen is Serena noticing the bond between Ash and Dawn and she gets a little jealous, thinking they are boyfriend and girlfriend and perhaps confronts Dawn cause ya'll know how Ash is. Of course Ash wouldn't know why Serena would acitng so weird and just brush it off as girls being girls. That might be a stretch though.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
My apologies, Ery. You're right, the potential of DP remake is not relevant to Pearlshipping.

I don't see Serena becoming a Pearlshipper. I mean, it would be nice if she did but I don't see that happening. The most I think would happen is Serena noticing the bond between Ash and Dawn and she gets a little jealous, thinking they are boyfriend and girlfriend and perhaps confronts Dawn cause ya'll know how Ash is. Of course Ash wouldn't know why Serena would acitng so weird and just brush it off as girls being girls. That might be a stretch though.

I don't really think so. It definitely would be possible that if Dawn came back, she and Ash would spending a lot of time together and Serena would get jealous of the bond they share. It would interesting if Serena asked her if Ash is her boyfriend, just to see how she would respond, especially since Lyra already asked her that question. Ya'll remember how she reacted to that, right?

I know it won't ever happen, given the anime's current state and the fact that SM are right around the corner. But who knows?

Ninjagamer720

Pearlshipper 4 EVER!
Cant belive that it's soon the 10th anniversary of Pearlshipping and Pokemon Diamond and Pearl!

TheBraveGallade

Old times man. I was 11 when I started (a bit late) to watch the anime. Now I'm 19 in college.

And even back then I had a nagging feeling that ash and dawn should be a couple.

TheBraveGallade

Well... *sigh* I wish the pearlshipping community contained a bit more artists. I mean, pearl is the second most popular ash ship and we have much less of a fanart/fiction output compared to poke and advancedshipers...

There's also a lack of good pearlshipping stories out there as well. Most of the good ones are from 2 or more years ago. It also still suprises me that people can ship Ash and Misty together, with how those two argue all the time it's hard to believe that one would fall for the other.

TheBraveGallade

There's also a lack of good pearlshipping stories out there as well. Most of the good ones are from 2 or more years ago. It also still suprises me that people can ship Ash and Misty together, with how those two argue all the time it's hard to believe that one would fall for the other.

To be fair, I could see how pokeshipping cound work, but thats mostly due to the number of good pokeshippping fics, not for cannon matirial.

Yeah most pearlshipping fanfics these days hare either compleated before XY, on hiatus, updates REALLY slowly or just terrible.
status on filters for a ship(granted some fics slip through the cracks):
pokeshipping:576
advanced:226
pearl:162
negai:39
amour:449(!!!! beating the backlog of 10 years forth of poke is impressive...)

yeah... we need fore pearlship content creators.

Status
Not open for further replies.